Switch Theme:

[60] - Deathguard  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Hellacious Havoc






60 Point List

I’m still fairly new to dguard so wanted to ask a few people to check my list and maybe offer opinions

Detachment 1
HQ
9 Typhus - Warlord
Psychic - Miasma / Putrescent
8 Daemon Prince with Relic - supp plate
Psychic - Curse of Leper

Troops
6 20x Pox Walkers
3 10x Cultists 1x Stubber
3 10x Cultists 1x Stubber

Heavy
8 Plague Crawler
-2x Entropy Cannons

Detachment 2
HQ
7 Lord of Contagion
7 Lord of Contagion

Troops
3 10x Cultists 1x Stubber
3 10x Cultists 1x Stubber
3 10x Cultists 1x Stubber

Thinking of trying out the strategies that adds the dead to the pox walker zombies. Also looking at deep striking the 2 contagion lords to take out something big and decoy for the army / prince to move ip

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/02 20:45:22


 
   
Made in gb
Bounding Ultramarine Assault Trooper





Leicester

I'm not a chaos player; but from a marine perspective that looks scary. WHOLE lotta bodies for a 60pl game, with some real close quarters threats in the prince and the lords.

just looking at my choices for a game of the same size and I fear your death guard would wipe me from the table. kinda slow though? in manoeuvrability going to be a problem? how much terrain do you normally have for cover? -just things to consider.

if you're playing power level does a mark on the cultists increase their cost? if not it's a free upgrade; don't forget it? I believe I read somewhere that wings on the prince increase it's power level?? but if misinformed I'd strongly advice you capitalise on the chance to inject some speed into your list.

hope this helped?
GamerGuy
   
Made in gb
Hellacious Havoc






 GamerGuy wrote:
I'm not a chaos player; but from a marine perspective that looks scary. WHOLE lotta bodies for a 60pl game, with some real close quarters threats in the prince and the lords.

just looking at my choices for a game of the same size and I fear your death guard would wipe me from the table. kinda slow though? in manoeuvrability going to be a problem? how much terrain do you normally have for cover? -just things to consider.

if you're playing power level does a mark on the cultists increase their cost? if not it's a free upgrade; don't forget it? I believe I read somewhere that wings on the prince increase it's power level?? but if misinformed I'd strongly advice you capitalise on the chance to inject some speed into your list.

hope this helped?
GamerGuy


Nurgle on the cultists has no additional effect as far as I’m aware, just the dguard rules and help from auras. daemon Prince with wings is 1 extra power point. Can’t squeeze it in. He still moves 8”. I think the Daemon P and LoC’s are the only real movement I have. I’m hoping to have a lot more pic walkers by the time the cults die and they can add a tiny bit more movement on placement. Oh another thing is the relic on the DP being the 2+ plate that throws back moral wounds on each save . I think by the time the 3 hqs have done their damage uptop, there will be minimal threat left. Defence wise I feel pretty strong.

Thanks for your say on the list. I defo need to consider the movement. Just not sure how
   
Made in gb
Human Auxiliary to the Empire



Buckinghamshire

I like the list overall, I find the cultist pox walker tactic to work quite well.

However, I am not too sure about the two Lords of contagion and how well they will work just dropping in by themselves. I would consider replacing them with a squad of blightlord terminators if you really want to deepstrike or, my personal favourite, two helbrutes with a fist and power scourge- giving out 5 strength 12 ap -3 damage 3 hits and 3 strength 8 ap -2 damange 2 hits each in combat.
   
Made in gb
Hellacious Havoc






TerminusEst wrote:
I like the list overall, I find the cultist pox walker tactic to work quite well.

However, I am not too sure about the two Lords of contagion and how well they will work just dropping in by themselves. I would consider replacing them with a squad of blightlord terminators if you really want to deepstrike or, my personal favourite, two helbrutes with a fist and power scourge- giving out 5 strength 12 ap -3 damage 3 hits and 3 strength 8 ap -2 damange 2 hits each in combat.


I’ve never tried the LoC deepstrike tbh but they are tough dudes. Unfortunately I don’t have helbrutes. Never really looked at them. Can they deepstrike? Blightlords are a shout. I’ll need to have a closer look how they compare
   
Made in gb
Human Auxiliary to the Empire



Buckinghamshire

Sadly helbrutes can't deepstrike but they have 8 wounds making them decently durable. I think the problem you might have with the lords of contagion is when they deepstrike in, they won't actually be able to do much, not having any ranged weapons and needing a 9 inch charge for both of them to get them in combat. Also, they will probably be the closest models to the enemy which means they can be targeted by anything. Blightlord terminators may be slighly less durable than two lords of contagion but they can pack more of a punch- especially in power level games where you can fully equipped them
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Dallas

That's a fun list to play, I would defintely recommend to make sure your plague burst crawlers are always in front so they can eventually get in range to use their plague spitters. 2D6 auto hits with str 8 is NASTY, also I would make sure your DP sits right behind them so he gives them rerolls of 1 since you will be moving and their mortar/cannons are heavy, and you need all you can get when hitting on 5's.

Death Guard, Orks, and Vampire Counts 
   
Made in gb
Hellacious Havoc






Think I’m preferring the long range guns on the crawler. I lack fire power without it. I would love to somehow include the foetid drone if I could somehow. They also have the plague spitters

Another LoC thing to add is the it opens a second detachment for more CP.

The 9inch charge does cause an issue but there is 2 of them and I can use a CP reroll which may assist.

If only DPs could deepstrike ....

   
Made in gb
Human Auxiliary to the Empire



Buckinghamshire

Sorry if it seems like I am hating on the LoC, but if you want foetid drones, you could drop them and one unit of cultists and you can get two foetid drones and give the daemon prince wings. That way, they can fly up the board together and although it won't be deep striking, it will protect your prince and they will get to the enemy quite quickly. However, it depends on how much you want the command points and if you are willing to sacrifice the cultists.
   
Made in gb
Hellacious Havoc






TerminusEst wrote:
Sorry if it seems like I am hating on the LoC, but if you want foetid drones, you could drop them and one unit of cultists and you can get two foetid drones and give the daemon prince wings. That way, they can fly up the board together and although it won't be deep striking, it will protect your prince and they will get to the enemy quite quickly. However, it depends on how much you want the command points and if you are willing to sacrifice the cultists.


I really like this... I only have 1 foetid drone :(

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/01/04 13:12:33


 
   
Made in gb
Hellacious Havoc






so after a bit of reading. I am struggling to work out which is better out of the the 5 blightlords and the 2 lords of contagion. (both being 14 power points)

the termies get solid gun options and reasonable combat weapons. 10 wounds as opposed to 12 for the Lord of C's

same invun

worse BS and WS.

Is this a better list?

HQ:
9
Daemon Prince w Wings
Warlord Trait: Rev Resilient (+1 to DR)
Miasma of Petulance
Smite
Suppurating Plate
9
Typhus
Miasma of Petulance
Putrescent Vitality
Smite

Troop:
6
20x Pox Walkers

3
10x Cultists
1x Heavy Stubber
3
10x Cultists
1x Heavy Stubber

Heavy:
8
Plagueburst Crawler
2x Entropy Cannons

Elite:
14
5x Blightlord Terminators
5x Combi Plasma – 5x Bubotic Axe

Fast:
8
Foetid Bloat Drone

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2018/01/04 14:13:10


 
   
Made in it
Automated Rubric Marine of Tzeentch





Crastok wrote:
That's a fun list to play, I would defintely recommend to make sure your plague burst crawlers are always in front so they can eventually get in range to use their plague spitters. 2D6 auto hits with str 8 is NASTY, also I would make sure your DP sits right behind them so he gives them rerolls of 1 since you will be moving and their mortar/cannons are heavy, and you need all you can get when hitting on 5's.

pbc spitters has str 7 not 8

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/01/05 16:37:20


we dont play with fire, we play with your mind 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Army Lists
Go to: