Cheers for the advice!
- I've gotten pretty good at playing quickly with foot guard, though I'll admit that this is upping the number of models I typically run. I've always got to turn 5 at least in all the tourneys I've been to when running around 220-man lists. And yes, I no longer bother firing lasguns at land raiders due to time and sanity issues
- It's not using ITC, the missions are based loosely off ETC
- I was considering making the patrol detachment a cadian one, but thought it might confuse people as my guardsmen are painted the same...
- The choice does seem to be between tallarn and cadian for doctrines. Both seem good. I really like the crazy movement tallarns get while still keeping up good firepower, and of course the cadian re-rolling ones is great. I was thinking tallarn as it really gets the guardsmen up and onto the objectives quickly to dominate in maelstrom. I could definitely be sold on cadians too though. I've not really had much luck with the cadian strat personally so far but on paper it sounds pretty awesome.
- I don't see any reason why elysians can't share detachments - their rules are on the datasheet rather than detachment-granted like doctrines are.
- To be honest horde orks are exactly the army I'd be happy to face - anything that can die to lasguns should be no problem. I've had real trouble against guard armour in the past though... Maybe I do need more lascannons or something
Q: Can Death Korps of Krieg, Elysian Drop Troops or
Renegades and Heretics Detachments use any of the Regiment-
specific rules (Doctrines, Orders, Stratagems, Warlord Traits,
etc.) in Codex: Astra Militarum?
A: No. Instead these units use the bespoke abilities and
Orders that are described in Imperial Armour – Index:
Forces of the Astra Militarum.
While I agree RAW
you're in the clear, that FAQ
answer could used as RAI
that the EDT special rules are intended to be their doctrine and therefore have the same restrictions.
It's a stretch, but just something I feel should be okayed by a TO
in writing to preempt any challenges. Given how sloppy FW
was with that index (RAW
, for almost 5 months Elysians had 3 damage plasma guns), I could see a particularly zealous TO
or opponent pushing that interpretation.