Switch Theme:

Age of Sigmar News & Rumors : Beasts errata and commentary & ally changes  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

last thread :

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/2340/723873.page

Malign Portents site :

https://malignportents.com/

new edition q & a :

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/WarhammerAgeOfSigmar-QA.pdf
[Thumb - newed1.jpg]

This message was edited 16 times. Last update was at 2018/10/13 11:03:01


The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit
 
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

Happy 2018 everyone and thank you for the thread reds8n !

This release schedule is circulating on the Internet. It seems to be based on the Bolter and Chainsword poster that correctly predicted Daemons and Custodes.

So we can expect in February-March :

- Malign Portents campaign book.
- 4 Harbingers.
- Battletome Legions Of Nagash.
- Reboxed sceneries.

Then in April-May-June :

- Two Aelf armies (fitting the numerous Rumor Engines we got last years).

The this summer :

- A global campaign, still tied to Malign Portents and death because of "Souls War", by Josh Reynolds, out June 2018.

(The boxed game could be AOS, Warhammer Underworlds or Warhammer Quest)

[Thumb - 14935477323995.png]


"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in fr
Dakka Veteran






Yeah, not buying that. Why is neither Malign Portents or the Harbringers or new death models listed? Where is the other Malign Portents stuff as we've been told the event will be stretched over months? And why the slowdown in 40k codices? Nah, that's fake as all hell.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/09 10:40:25


 
   
Made in ch
Regular Dakkanaut




The Garden Of Nurgle

Where do you see a slowdown ? It's all the codexes GW said they'll release till the summer.

The Bolter and Chainsword original poster said he didn't know much about February, and was probably mostly talking about 40k : that could explain the lack of MP and AOS things (even if I think we won't see more AOS models than the one I listed until April-May)

BTW the Shadepisre warbands for February are confirmed by Lady Atia too : https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2679

[Thumb - 1515219187372.png]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/09 10:50:27


"... Your blood shall water my Master's rotten earth..." 
   
Made in se
Executing Exarch






Happy 2018! This is going to be a huge year for AoS
   
Made in fr
Dakka Veteran






Only two codices between May and June? That's quite the slowdown. Yeah we already know about the Shadespire war bands. The order forms were seen before Atia talked about it. But the lack of Malign Portents and Slaneesh kills this for me. The AoS facebook page already confirmed multiple books and models for this. And the Slaneesh event for summer was already told to us. If the Aelves are coming out then, I would expect something Slaneeshi to be showing at the same time.
   
Made in ie
Fresh-Faced New User




Does reds8n or another mod wanna maybe put 2018 in the thread tile to stop people starting multiple news threads?
   
Made in de
Terrifying Rhinox Rider






 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Only two codices between May and June? That's quite the slowdown. Yeah we already know about the Shadespire war bands. The order forms were seen before Atia talked about it. But the lack of Malign Portents and Slaneesh kills this for me. The AoS facebook page already confirmed multiple books and models for this. And the Slaneesh event for summer was already told to us. If the Aelves are coming out then, I would expect something Slaneeshi to be showing at the same time.


What Slaanesh event? Got a link?

 
   
Made in fr
Dakka Veteran






Not available too me right now, but one of the devs was asked what was going on with Slaneesh at an open day and apparently there is meant to be a summer event dealing with it's fate. Which could possibly tie in with the schedule above. But the lack of Slaneeshi releases on the list makes me question it.
   
Made in gb
Noise Marine Terminator with Sonic Blaster






 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Not available too me right now, but one of the devs was asked what was going on with Slaneesh at an open day and apparently there is meant to be a summer event dealing with it's fate. Which could possibly tie in with the schedule above. But the lack of Slaneeshi releases on the list makes me question it.


Right if there is an event dealing with slaanesh even if I am a undead fan in AOS, for slaanesh sake I am going chaos and everyone else should as well. How cool would it be if slaanesh ends up the strongest chaos god in AOS because of it?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/09 11:45:07


 
   
Made in gb
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren






Liverpool

If it turns out to be Slaanesh Aelves vs Cthulu Aelves then I will melt. Unless people got confused and the Cthulu themed Aelves are the Slaanesh worshippers.

Well February is an expensive month.

Fury from faith
Faith in fury

Numquam solus ambulabis 
   
Made in gb
Noise Marine Terminator with Sonic Blaster






Oh new malign portents story is up.

https://malignportents.com/story/story-two/

Spoiler:
Knights excelsior please never change. I like those zealous white guys and gals. Also he prayed to the wrong god should of bent the knee to the undying king.
   
Made in at
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!





 shinros wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Not available too me right now, but one of the devs was asked what was going on with Slaneesh at an open day and apparently there is meant to be a summer event dealing with it's fate. Which could possibly tie in with the schedule above. But the lack of Slaneeshi releases on the list makes me question it.


Right if there is an event dealing with slaanesh even if I am a undead fan in AOS, for slaanesh sake I am going chaos and everyone else should as well. How cool would it be if slaanesh ends up the strongest chaos god in AOS because of it?

Seems more like they know the sheer number of Order/Sigmarines, especially if there's an Elf release immediately prior, would skew the results into a massive victory for them.

Maybe that'll be their excuse to fully squat Slaanesh. "w-w-well s-ee! You did affect the narrative!"
   
Made in gb
Most Glorious Grey Seer






They're not squatting Slaanesh.

Please stop talking BoLS

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
Made in es
Krazed Killa Kan




Barcelona, Spain

 Arbitrator wrote:


Maybe that'll be their excuse to fully squat Slaanesh. "w-w-well s-ee! You did affect the narrative!"


Boy do you guys seem obssessed with the squatting of Slaanesh. At this point it almost seems you want GW to do it.

   
Made in fr
Dakka Veteran






 Arbitrator wrote:
 shinros wrote:
 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Not available too me right now, but one of the devs was asked what was going on with Slaneesh at an open day and apparently there is meant to be a summer event dealing with it's fate. Which could possibly tie in with the schedule above. But the lack of Slaneeshi releases on the list makes me question it.


Right if there is an event dealing with slaanesh even if I am a undead fan in AOS, for slaanesh sake I am going chaos and everyone else should as well. How cool would it be if slaanesh ends up the strongest chaos god in AOS because of it?

Seems more like they know the sheer number of Order/Sigmarines, especially if there's an Elf release immediately prior, would skew the results into a massive victory for them.

Maybe that'll be their excuse to fully squat Slaanesh. "w-w-well s-ee! You did affect the narrative!"


Considering the gods in AoS and 40k are the same, this line of obsession is not going to happen unless they wipe Slaneesh out of 40k too. And that's not going to happen. So quit with the trolling.
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Hamburg

 shinros wrote:
Oh new malign portents story is up.

https://malignportents.com/story/story-two/

Spoiler:
Knights excelsior please never change. I like those zealous white guys and gals. Also he prayed to the wrong god should of bent the knee to the undying king.


Question: What are they referencing with "[a] statue forged from gleaming metal, rain pouring in rivulets down its stark, white armour. Rippling arcs of lightning swirled around its form, and the warhammer it clutched in one enormous fist."?

My Element Games referal code: SVE5335 
   
Made in es
Krazed Killa Kan




Barcelona, Spain

SKR.HH wrote:
 shinros wrote:
Oh new malign portents story is up.

https://malignportents.com/story/story-two/

Spoiler:
Knights excelsior please never change. I like those zealous white guys and gals. Also he prayed to the wrong god should of bent the knee to the undying king.


Question: What are they referencing with "[a] statue forged from gleaming metal, rain pouring in rivulets down its stark, white armour. Rippling arcs of lightning swirled around its form, and the warhammer it clutched in one enormous fist."?


A knight excelsior doing what knight excelsiors usually do: kill everyone in sight just in case they are tainted.
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Hamburg

Lord Kragan wrote:
SKR.HH wrote:
 shinros wrote:
Oh new malign portents story is up.

https://malignportents.com/story/story-two/

Spoiler:
Knights excelsior please never change. I like those zealous white guys and gals. Also he prayed to the wrong god should of bent the knee to the undying king.


Question: What are they referencing with "[a] statue forged from gleaming metal, rain pouring in rivulets down its stark, white armour. Rippling arcs of lightning swirled around its form, and the warhammer it clutched in one enormous fist."?


A knight excelsior doing what knight excelsiors usually do: kill everyone in sight just in case they are tainted.


So... 'statue' is not to be taken literally or did I miss something about the Knight Excelsior?

My Element Games referal code: SVE5335 
   
Made in es
Krazed Killa Kan




Barcelona, Spain

SKR.HH wrote:
Lord Kragan wrote:
SKR.HH wrote:
 shinros wrote:
Oh new malign portents story is up.

https://malignportents.com/story/story-two/

Spoiler:
Knights excelsior please never change. I like those zealous white guys and gals. Also he prayed to the wrong god should of bent the knee to the undying king.


Question: What are they referencing with "[a] statue forged from gleaming metal, rain pouring in rivulets down its stark, white armour. Rippling arcs of lightning swirled around its form, and the warhammer it clutched in one enormous fist."?


A knight excelsior doing what knight excelsiors usually do: kill everyone in sight just in case they are tainted.


So... 'statue' is not to be taken literally or did I miss something about the Knight Excelsior?


No, it shouldn't be taken literally.
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





I think the bit being referred to is the 24 live stream during the run up to the launch of 8th of 40k. During that event Jeremy Vetock mentioned that he had seen Slaanesh models and that they would have a part to play in the future. I watched that segment live.
I don't he was supposed to talk about this as that section of the live stream is mysteriously missing from the archive.
No mention was made of a campaign, a time frame or Aos. It just served as proof enough for me that new Slaanesh minis are eventually coming.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Inquisitor Gideon wrote:
Only two codices between May and June? That's quite the slowdown. Yeah we already know about the Shadespire war bands. The order forms were seen before Atia talked about it. But the lack of Malign Portents and Slaneesh kills this for me. The AoS facebook page already confirmed multiple books and models for this. And the Slaneesh event for summer was already told to us. If the Aelves are coming out then, I would expect something Slaneeshi to be showing at the same time.


Well that list covers up to june...Which is only one out of 3 summer months.

“Nothing has a definite nature, so people cannot be purely evil. Even so-called evil people will aspire to follow a moral path when they feel a sense of community.” – Kukai

~12200 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights
 
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






If there are two Aelf army releases, I am expecting Shadowkin and a counterpart from the realm of Light. We have armies from all the realms save those two at this point.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Portugal

Chikout wrote:
I think the bit being referred to is the 24 live stream during the run up to the launch of 8th of 40k. During that event Jeremy Vetock mentioned that he had seen Slaanesh models and that they would have a part to play in the future. I watched that segment live.
I don't he was supposed to talk about this as that section of the live stream is mysteriously missing from the archive.
No mention was made of a campaign, a time frame or Aos. It just served as proof enough for me that new Slaanesh minis are eventually coming.


I don't recall what event it was last year, but it was confirmed we would know the fate of Slaanesh this year. That's it, they didn't say when exactly, only 2018.

Rumoured Cthulhu Elves and Slaanesh in the same year? Gods, I hope not, my wallet couldn't take that kind of beating.

"Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!" - Satsuki Kiryuin, Kill la Kill 
   
Made in za
Gore Spattered Punk Zombie





South Africa

Arbitrator wrote:Maybe that'll be their excuse to fully squat Slaanesh. "w-w-well s-ee! You did affect the narrative!"



Inquisitor Gideon wrote:Not available too me right now, but one of the devs was asked what was going on with Slaneesh at an open day and apparently there is meant to be a summer event dealing with it's fate. Which could possibly tie in with the schedule above. But the lack of Slaneeshi releases on the list makes me question it.

My guess would be another December-January Chaos release; but possibly with hints and hype from mid-year.


Resurrectionists 
   
Made in de
Inspiring Icon Bearer






 TheDraconicLord wrote:
Chikout wrote:
I think the bit being referred to is the 24 live stream during the run up to the launch of 8th of 40k. During that event Jeremy Vetock mentioned that he had seen Slaanesh models and that they would have a part to play in the future. I watched that segment live.
I don't he was supposed to talk about this as that section of the live stream is mysteriously missing from the archive.
No mention was made of a campaign, a time frame or Aos. It just served as proof enough for me that new Slaanesh minis are eventually coming.


I don't recall what event it was last year, but it was confirmed we would know the fate of Slaanesh this year. That's it, they didn't say when exactly, only 2018.

Rumoured Cthulhu Elves and Slaanesh in the same year? Gods, I hope not, my wallet couldn't take that kind of beating.


Seems like a perfect fit to me. Tentacles and Slaanesh go together like... umm... you know.

 DarkBlack wrote:
Arbitrator wrote:Maybe that'll be their excuse to fully squat Slaanesh. "w-w-well s-ee! You did affect the narrative!"



Come on. GW worked really hard to earn people's ire. They deserve reaping the rewards...

But to be a bit more serious, it is a problem of GW's making. Slaanesh has not been blessed with the biggest (mortal) range in either system, and has not received much lore early on. Getting the idea that Slaanesh is squatted out of people's minds requires one thing: action on GW's part. Until we see that, it's just not going to go away.

 DarkBlack wrote:
Inquisitor Gideon wrote:Not available too me right now, but one of the devs was asked what was going on with Slaneesh at an open day and apparently there is meant to be a summer event dealing with it's fate. Which could possibly tie in with the schedule above. But the lack of Slaneeshi releases on the list makes me question it.

My guess would be another December-January Chaos release; but possibly with hints and hype from mid-year.


Seems a bit late to me, to be honest. Last year saw a new 40k edition, so this year should be Age of Sigmar focused again as far as the big summer release is concerned. GW seems to have stuck to alternating between AoS (and Fantasy before that) and 40k for the last years. Coupled with giving all Chaos factions a turn in getting a large update it makes sense to me to get some Slaanesh stuff out of the way in summer and fall just like in last year's 40k year we saw mortal Nurgle forces with cross-compatible daemons and Age of Sigmar mortals making an appearance at the tail end of this release.

We also can't rule out that GW's repeats what they did with Deathwatch Overkill and to a lesser degree the characters (well, snail rider guy really) from Blight War, giving us a taste of things that will only see a proper release half a year later. This has not beena consistent approach by any stretch, but GW proved they are willing to do this.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in es
Dark Angels Librarian with Book of Secrets




Vigo. Spain.

The malignan portents story was great, but the spanish version lacked the two last lines, literally the most important ones

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Geifer wrote:

 DarkBlack wrote:
Inquisitor Gideon wrote:Not available too me right now, but one of the devs was asked what was going on with Slaneesh at an open day and apparently there is meant to be a summer event dealing with it's fate. Which could possibly tie in with the schedule above. But the lack of Slaneeshi releases on the list makes me question it.

My guess would be another December-January Chaos release; but possibly with hints and hype from mid-year.


Seems a bit late to me, to be honest. Last year saw a new 40k edition, so this year should be Age of Sigmar focused again as far as the big summer release is concerned. GW seems to have stuck to alternating between AoS (and Fantasy before that) and 40k for the last years. Coupled with giving all Chaos factions a turn in getting a large update it makes sense to me to get some Slaanesh stuff out of the way in summer and fall just like in last year's 40k year we saw mortal Nurgle forces with cross-compatible daemons and Age of Sigmar mortals making an appearance at the tail end of this release.

We also can't rule out that GW's repeats what they did with Deathwatch Overkill and to a lesser degree the characters (well, snail rider guy really) from Blight War, giving us a taste of things that will only see a proper release half a year later. This has not beena consistent approach by any stretch, but GW proved they are willing to do this.

I think comparing Overkill to Blight War isn't the right tact. I'd say the better comparison would be Death Masque, Stormclaw, etc.
The bundle boxes where it came with half an army each and a "unique" character model to that box.
Overkill was a self-contained boardgame with stuff that could be used in 40k.
Blight War is just a trimmed down/"alternate" starter set.

Anyways, I think it important to remind people that it wasn't "Cthulu Elves" that was mentioned when we got the rumors. It was describing them as "Lovecraftian", and at that time there was a preview of a tentacle(which we later had ID'd as part of the Necromunda objective/scenery bits), and certain posters who kept harping about Cthulu, Cthulu, Cthulu.
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

slightly confused :(

Spoiler:
So its a Stormcast attacking Verric (?) - because is a worshiper of Alarielle or somethng else?

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




@Galas,
Really? That stinks. :/

Hope there's enough complaints that they fix that.

Anyway, looks like a great year ahead. Surprised at the possibility of so much 40k stuff at the beginning of the year.

Aelves I'm suspecting will be like the Sylvaneth and Ironjaws side-by-side release. One's going to be big and combine new and some older models while the other will be elite and smaller. That's my guess though.

So I'm certainly hyped for it all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/01/09 13:45:14


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: