Switch Theme:

How do I charge this?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





There is no room for my model to fit, does this mean I cannot charge? Seems like I can’t but that’s pretty broken if so.
[Thumb - B08FA943-3AC5-4E9B-8DE8-5B7DD89CCF54.jpeg]

   
Made in fr
Omnipotent Necron Overlord





on the forum. Obviously

If you can't get within 1", its not a successful charge. Also, please rotate your pictures in the future. My head can only tilt so much.
It's not broken. Try shooting first to make room. Its only broken if there is no solution, and the solution is to make room.
Also, I don't think a single model is going to do much against a whole squad + farseer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/02/13 22:07:04


What I have
LM
What I like stomping


Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Sorry about the picture its on my phone. I'm playing a khorne demon list so no shooting, so I'm basically just stuck leaving those models there to do whatever they want?
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




Wobbly model sindrome is your best friend in this situation. You can charge and just have your guy hanging on the edge of the wall and place the figure on the ground claiming WMS.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
If you can't get within 1", its not a successful charge. Also, please rotate your pictures in the future. My head can only tilt so much.
It's not broken. Try shooting first to make room. Its only broken if there is no solution, and the solution is to make room.
Also, I don't think a single model is going to do much against a whole squad + farseer.


Does the model have enought movement co get up there? Then you can claim he's up there using Wobbly Model Syndrome, despite all the other models there. If the model's close enough to the wall to start with and he can't be seen by the models up top, then he wouldn't have to worry about Overwatch either. Of course you have to decide if tactically that's what you want to do.


As for the picture,, try clicking on it if you want to see it the right way up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/02/13 22:19:21


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





I want to charge with a squad of 3 blood crushers, they have the movement for sure just wasn't sure if WMS applied or not.
   
Made in us
Tunneling Trygon





East Bay, Ca, US

Wobbly model applies. If there is one tiny iota of ground for them to stand on then they can do so.

To compute the probability of a specific outcome on N DK dice, use the generating function F= (x+ x^2 + x^3 + . . . + x^k-1 + x^k)^n

 Galas wrote:
I remember when Marmatag was a nooby, all shiney and full of joy.
How playing the unbalanced mess of Warhammer40k in a ultra-competitive meta has changed you

 
   
Made in us
Fireknife Shas'el





East Coast, USA

 Marmatag wrote:
Wobbly model applies. If there is one tiny iota of ground for them to stand on then they can do so.


WMS requires opponent agreement. You could potentially run into an opponent who refuses to agree.

The real answer is don't take lists that have zero shooting in a game that has a ton of shooting.

Check out my website. Editorials! Tutorials! Fun Times To Be Had! - kriswallminis.com


https://www.thingiverse.com/KrisWall/about


Completed Trades With: ultraatma 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 Kriswall wrote:
 Marmatag wrote:
Wobbly model applies. If there is one tiny iota of ground for them to stand on then they can do so.


WMS requires opponent agreement. You could potentially run into an opponent who refuses to agree.

The real answer is don't take lists that have zero shooting in a game that has a ton of shooting.


Well considering my main opponent is my wife, its all good if she still wants the D after the game!
   
Made in us
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





Blood crushers might not be able to climb up levels anyway.... Only Infantry and units with Fly can.

Im away from rulebook right now, so don't quote me on that.... I know Monsters and Vehicles can't unless they have FLY. And my entire Biker SM army.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/02/14 00:07:20


 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





IMO I would never be ok with a unit just being immune to being charged in this kind of situation. I understand the RAW and FAQ arguments and how its been argued over a ton and I see the validity of both sides, but personally I would look at the spirit of the game and that spirit to me says that you can not be immune to charging in such a way. I would apply WMS and if the person I am playing with is not ok with that then that is game right there.

 
   
Made in fr
Omnipotent Necron Overlord





on the forum. Obviously

 doctortom wrote:
 CthuluIsSpy wrote:
If you can't get within 1", its not a successful charge. Also, please rotate your pictures in the future. My head can only tilt so much.
It's not broken. Try shooting first to make room. Its only broken if there is no solution, and the solution is to make room.
Also, I don't think a single model is going to do much against a whole squad + farseer.


Does the model have enought movement co get up there? Then you can claim he's up there using Wobbly Model Syndrome, despite all the other models there. If the model's close enough to the wall to start with and he can't be seen by the models up top, then he wouldn't have to worry about Overwatch either. Of course you have to decide if tactically that's what you want to do.


As for the picture,, try clicking on it if you want to see it the right way up.


huh, weird. I did not know about that feature.
Yes, if the models can barely fit there you can probably claim wobbly model.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/02/14 00:06:49


What I have
LM
What I like stomping


Westwood lives in death!
Peace through power!


 
   
Made in us
Speedy Swiftclaw Biker




 Nightlord1987 wrote:
Blood crushers might not be able to climb up levels anyway.... Only Infantry and units with Fly can.

Im away from rulebook right now, so don't quote me on that.... I know Monsters and Vehicles can't unless they have FLY. And my entire Biker SM army.


Blood Crushers can't move above the ground floor of a ruin, It's been modified in the main rulebook FAQ, Cavalry was added.

Beasts can still move between floors, but only Infantry can ignore walls and floors.

‘Unless they can Fly, Vehicles, Monsters, Cavalry
and Bikers can only be set up or end their move on the
ground floor of ruins.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Ulfhednar_42 wrote:
 Nightlord1987 wrote:
Blood crushers might not be able to climb up levels anyway.... Only Infantry and units with Fly can.

Im away from rulebook right now, so don't quote me on that.... I know Monsters and Vehicles can't unless they have FLY. And my entire Biker SM army.


Blood Crushers can't move above the ground floor of a ruin, It's been modified in the main rulebook FAQ, Cavalry was added.

Beasts can still move between floors, but only Infantry can ignore walls and floors.

‘Unless they can Fly, Vehicles, Monsters, Cavalry
and Bikers can only be set up or end their move on the
ground floor of ruins.


Indeed, but it is also under advanced rules, which state you don't need to use them, since I play with just the wife, its all good, but thank you all for the quick responses! So when we go to Nova, i will know to use infantry for any ruins!
   
Made in nz
Regular Dakkanaut




XvReaperXv wrote:
Ulfhednar_42 wrote:
 Nightlord1987 wrote:
Blood crushers might not be able to climb up levels anyway.... Only Infantry and units with Fly can.

Im away from rulebook right now, so don't quote me on that.... I know Monsters and Vehicles can't unless they have FLY. And my entire Biker SM army.


Blood Crushers can't move above the ground floor of a ruin, It's been modified in the main rulebook FAQ, Cavalry was added.

Beasts can still move between floors, but only Infantry can ignore walls and floors.

‘Unless they can Fly, Vehicles, Monsters, Cavalry
and Bikers can only be set up or end their move on the
ground floor of ruins.


Indeed, but it is also under advanced rules, which state you don't need to use them, since I play with just the wife, its all good, but thank you all for the quick responses! So when we go to Nova, i will know to use infantry for any ruins!



Indeed, the terrain part of the advanced rules are purely optional, even if you are using said terrain without the advanced rules. They all just fall under cover rules (+1 save (not to invuln) against shooting), it's to make sure that a standard game isn't bogged down with extra rules
   
Made in gb
Cunning Dark Elf Sorceress




Bristol

Well, there doesn't seem to be enough room for their models as some of the bases are overlapping each other.

So some of them should be either on the ground floor or the top floor.

EDIT: Although now I actually come to look through the rules, GW seems to have left that particular rule about models not being able to overlap bases out. In which case you can do that when charging. So declare a charge and put your models straddling the enemy units bases.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/02/14 10:03:29


Check out my brothers band! It's their debut song, so please give it a listen and share with anyone you think will like it!
The Laws of Thermodynamics:
1) You cannot win. 2) You cannot break even. 3) You cannot stop playing the game

Colonel Flagg wrote:You think you're real smart. But you're not smart; you're dumb. Very dumb. But you've met your match in me.
 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K You Make Da Call
Go to: