Switch Theme:

DC comics TV streaming network :titans trailer page 2  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

https://www.dccomics.com/dcuniverse


some logos there...










but...

USA only .. ? !
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05/02/dcs-new-streaming-service-dc-universe-available-for-us-residents-only/

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/19 14:46:59


The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
One reason a good humanities education is important for computer scientists is that a familiarity with Faust is useful for understanding how privacy policies work.
 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

Hmm. Wonder if that means that we'll get these shows on Netflix in the UK then, like CBS did with Discovery. I'll be very annoyed if we don't get Young Justice S3 over here at all, the rest I can probably take or leave.

   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Ive got an inside with someone who works on the project. This has been being worked on for some time now. It's kind of an all around service that is supposed to include comics (by issue and trade) along with all their tv and movie properties (not that many of those are any good).

I think they are trying to get it out the door before disney launches their streaming service.

Not just a netflix, but an everything DC app/service.


These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.

 JohnHwangDD wrote:

The Nazis were right. It's better to be a Nazi than a fan.

Thank you for getting me on the side of Milo and the Nazis.

 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Et In Arcadia Ego





Canterbury

.. huh, makes sense.

ta.

The poor man really has a stake in the country. The rich man hasn't; he can go away to New Guinea in a yacht. The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all
We love our superheroes because they refuse to give up on us. We can analyze them out of existence, kill them, ban them, mock them, and still they return, patiently reminding us of who we are and what we wish we could be.
One reason a good humanities education is important for computer scientists is that a familiarity with Faust is useful for understanding how privacy policies work.
 
   
Made in gb
Wicked Warp Spider





what is the draw of Dr Quinzell, I honestly don't get it, but Swampy might mean more Constantine (and more grumping from Alan)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/05/03 17:51:24


"AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED." 
   
Made in us
Napoleonics Obsesser




MN

Why?

I am really sick of the fragmentation of the market on digital streaming services.

Do you like Free Wargames?
http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard





 Easy E wrote:
Why?

I am really sick of the fragmentation of the market on digital streaming services.


Capitalism. Everybody wants a piece of that streaming pie.

 Ouze wrote:

How did you forget that time you got elected King of the Liberals? You swore on a copy of the Communist Manifesto that you would defend every belief held by any member of the left, foreign or domestic, or may you be cursed to forever more drink only non-fair-trade coffee, forevermore


*0 Dakka Suspensions and still going strong! Probably because I believe in science!* 
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 Dreadwinter wrote:
 Easy E wrote:
Why?

I am really sick of the fragmentation of the market on digital streaming services.


Capitalism. Everybody wants a piece of that streaming pie.


And they'll all get their ever-smaller pieces of pie, every time another of them strikes out alone because 100% of 10 is always more appealing than 10% of 1,000,000 to these morons they'll blame "pirates" and whatever else they can find to excuse the failures of their inevitably counter-productive, short-termist, blind greed, and in ten years we'll end up right back at the beginning of the cycle with some new technology driving a big consolidation except with even fewer consumer rights(because we had to give them up to stop the ebil piwates, natch).

But yeah, sure, best system of economics ever

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Loyal Necron Lychguard





I'm not saying it's the best system. I'm not even saying it is a good system. But that is what's happening here. Unless one of the friends in my group that shares streaming services picks this up, I will not be getting it myself. I don't need Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime, Disney, AND DC. I will stick with what I got. DC, Disney, and Amazon can go do whatever somewhere else. (did I miss any new ones popping up?)

Aside from a few characters, I have very little interest in DC anyways. Though, I am very attached to those characters. They could entice me over, but I am seriously doubting it.

 Ouze wrote:

How did you forget that time you got elected King of the Liberals? You swore on a copy of the Communist Manifesto that you would defend every belief held by any member of the left, foreign or domestic, or may you be cursed to forever more drink only non-fair-trade coffee, forevermore


*0 Dakka Suspensions and still going strong! Probably because I believe in science!* 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Hey look. DC announced things with a bunch of logos.

Never seen that before.

   
Made in us
Revenant Pirate Crew






 Dreadwinter wrote:
I'm not saying it's the best system. I'm not even saying it is a good system. But that is what's happening here. Unless one of the friends in my group that shares streaming services picks this up, I will not be getting it myself. I don't need Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon Prime, Disney, AND DC. I will stick with what I got. DC, Disney, and Amazon can go do whatever somewhere else. (did I miss any new ones popping up?)

Aside from a few characters, I have very little interest in DC anyways. Though, I am very attached to those characters. They could entice me over, but I am seriously doubting it.


CBS.

 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Im all for the disney one. But thats mostly due to a consistent quality and the absorption of all fox properties.

The dc one is interesting only in that its a combination of marvel unlimited and all the tv/movie stuff. But again, quality is consistently low. So less excited.


These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.

 JohnHwangDD wrote:

The Nazis were right. It's better to be a Nazi than a fan.

Thank you for getting me on the side of Milo and the Nazis.

 
   
Made in us
Napoleonics Obsesser




MN

When it bombs, do you think they will sell them to Netflix/Amazon to show or just can them?

Do you like Free Wargames?
http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in gb
Princeps of the Emperor's Titan!






I do wonder if studios understand what it is I, and by extension I assume most, enjoy about Netflix and Amazon Prime?

It's not the specific shows, though I will of course continue to book release days off to binge the latest Marvel offering (well, mebbes not Ironfist Season 2...). It's the backlog of stuff. Perhaps tonight I want to watch a cookery programme. Then again, I could plump for a specific episode of Gotham to rewatch, because I really enjoyed it first time around.

I currently subscribe to four streaming services. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Shudder (purely Horror/Thriller content), and WWE Network (because it's cheaper than paying for individual PPVs).

Those, alongside catch-up services are all I need. And to be honest, about all I'm willing to afford. I don't begrudge any of them their cost, because across the four I've got tonnes of content to chew through. Shudder and WWE of course are the specialists there.

But do you really think I want just a DC streaming service? Well, perhaps. But I won't be looking to pay more than a quid a month for it.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives?Why not join us?

 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Southeastern PA, USA

I feel like I'm the only one who actually read what Lance said.

It's not just a DC Netflix. It's a combination of streaming service and digital comic book library. Marvel has a digital comics service called Marvel Unlimited...think it's $10/month for access to 20,000 back issues. So to a comic book person, getting the DC equivalent plus the movie and TV stuff and these new shows -- potentially for a similar price? -- isn't a bad deal. And will it include the DC animated stuff? Plenty of good content there too.

I'm interested, depending on the price. And not just for me -- the kids would love having all those shows AND comics.

My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 gorgon wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one who actually read what Lance said.

It's not just a DC Netflix. It's a combination of streaming service and digital comic book library. Marvel has a digital comics service called Marvel Unlimited...think it's $10/month for access to 20,000 back issues. So to a comic book person, getting the DC equivalent plus the movie and TV stuff and these new shows -- potentially for a similar price? -- isn't a bad deal. And will it include the DC animated stuff? Plenty of good content there too.

I'm interested, depending on the price. And not just for me -- the kids would love having all those shows AND comics.


Which is fine, if you read comics. If you don't, it's DC charging you extra for a bunch of stuff you're not interested in so you can access the things you are interested in.

I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Southeastern PA, USA

 Yodhrin wrote:
 gorgon wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one who actually read what Lance said.

It's not just a DC Netflix. It's a combination of streaming service and digital comic book library. Marvel has a digital comics service called Marvel Unlimited...think it's $10/month for access to 20,000 back issues. So to a comic book person, getting the DC equivalent plus the movie and TV stuff and these new shows -- potentially for a similar price? -- isn't a bad deal. And will it include the DC animated stuff? Plenty of good content there too.

I'm interested, depending on the price. And not just for me -- the kids would love having all those shows AND comics.


Which is fine, if you read comics. If you don't, it's DC charging you extra for a bunch of stuff you're not interested in so you can access the things you are interested in.


That's where pricing comes in. If this ends up at $8-10/month, you're still getting whichever side you're interested in at a fairly competitive price compared to either Marvel Unlimited or other streaming services. Plus the other side.

If that doesn't work for you, that's fine. But I can definitely see how there would be some demand for the service if the price is right.

My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






 Yodhrin wrote:
 gorgon wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one who actually read what Lance said.

It's not just a DC Netflix. It's a combination of streaming service and digital comic book library. Marvel has a digital comics service called Marvel Unlimited...think it's $10/month for access to 20,000 back issues. So to a comic book person, getting the DC equivalent plus the movie and TV stuff and these new shows -- potentially for a similar price? -- isn't a bad deal. And will it include the DC animated stuff? Plenty of good content there too.

I'm interested, depending on the price. And not just for me -- the kids would love having all those shows AND comics.


Which is fine, if you read comics. If you don't, it's DC charging you extra for a bunch of stuff you're not interested in so you can access the things you are interested in.


Thats a dumb argument. I dont want half the garbage on netflix. I never feel like they are charging me for all the stuff i dont want so i can access the things i do want.

I wont watch batman and robin, but i do want to watch batman the animated series. I can go out and buy the dvds of the thing i do want or pay for a streaming service and have access to it all.


These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.

 JohnHwangDD wrote:

The Nazis were right. It's better to be a Nazi than a fan.

Thank you for getting me on the side of Milo and the Nazis.

 
   
Made in nl
Moustache-twirling Princeps




We'll find out soon enough eh.

 gorgon wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 gorgon wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one who actually read what Lance said.

It's not just a DC Netflix. It's a combination of streaming service and digital comic book library. Marvel has a digital comics service called Marvel Unlimited...think it's $10/month for access to 20,000 back issues. So to a comic book person, getting the DC equivalent plus the movie and TV stuff and these new shows -- potentially for a similar price? -- isn't a bad deal. And will it include the DC animated stuff? Plenty of good content there too.

I'm interested, depending on the price. And not just for me -- the kids would love having all those shows AND comics.


Which is fine, if you read comics. If you don't, it's DC charging you extra for a bunch of stuff you're not interested in so you can access the things you are interested in.


That's where pricing comes in. If this ends up at $8-10/month, you're still getting whichever side you're interested in at a fairly competitive price compared to either Marvel Unlimited or other streaming services. Plus the other side.

If that doesn't work for you, that's fine. But I can definitely see how there would be some demand for the service if the price is right.


You might think it's competitive, I don't because I'm considering it in the broader context of my total spend on entertainment. The whole appeal of streaming was the consolidation and accompanying affordability, if these companies are now going to go back on that and take us back to the days when accessing a reasonable variety of content cost nigh on a hundred quid, then they're just going to find that consumers will go right back to the prior arrangement as well by pirating all their stuff, and they can have 100% of none of my money at all.

 Lance845 wrote:
 Yodhrin wrote:
 gorgon wrote:
I feel like I'm the only one who actually read what Lance said.

It's not just a DC Netflix. It's a combination of streaming service and digital comic book library. Marvel has a digital comics service called Marvel Unlimited...think it's $10/month for access to 20,000 back issues. So to a comic book person, getting the DC equivalent plus the movie and TV stuff and these new shows -- potentially for a similar price? -- isn't a bad deal. And will it include the DC animated stuff? Plenty of good content there too.

I'm interested, depending on the price. And not just for me -- the kids would love having all those shows AND comics.


Which is fine, if you read comics. If you don't, it's DC charging you extra for a bunch of stuff you're not interested in so you can access the things you are interested in.


Thats a dumb argument. I dont want half the garbage on netflix. I never feel like they are charging me for all the stuff i dont want so i can access the things i do want.

I wont watch batman and robin, but i do want to watch batman the animated series. I can go out and buy the dvds of the thing i do want or pay for a streaming service and have access to it all.


No chief, that's a dumb argument, because the stuff you're not bothering to watch on Netflix aren't random magazines. If my goal is to watch DC animated movies, and DC comes along with their hand out insisting I pay a bigger subscription than is really necessary for that because I would also have access to a bunch of comics to read, that's a crappy deal because all I want from the arrangement is the animated movies, while the whole point of Netflix is to provide a one-stop-shop for streaming TV and movies. I mean, DC could tack on an extra five bucks a month to sign you up for a Cheeses of the World sampler subscription(that costs them one buck a month to run) - would that be added value in your eyes, or extraneous guff being used to inflate the price of what you actually wanted?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2018/05/10 18:48:09


I need to acquire plastic Skavenslaves, can you help?
I have a blog now, evidently. Featuring the Alternative Mordheim Model Megalist.

"Your society's broken, so who should we blame? Should we blame the rich, powerful people who caused it? No, lets blame the people with no power and no money and those immigrants who don't even have the vote. Yea, it must be their fething fault." - Iain M Banks
-----
"The language of modern British politics is meant to sound benign. But words do not mean what they seem to mean. 'Reform' actually means 'cut' or 'end'. 'Flexibility' really means 'exploit'. 'Prudence' really means 'don't invest'. And 'efficient'? That means whatever you want it to mean, usually 'cut'. All really mean 'keep wages low for the masses, taxes low for the rich, profits high for the corporations, and accept the decline in public services and amenities this will cause'." - Robin McAlpine from Common Weal 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






So your argument is that if it costs more than netflix and other similar services than you feel like its bs and your climbing to the top of that hill now before any pricing has been announced.

Great.


These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.

 JohnHwangDD wrote:

The Nazis were right. It's better to be a Nazi than a fan.

Thank you for getting me on the side of Milo and the Nazis.

 
   
Made in us
Napoleonics Obsesser




MN

I have a lot of interest in the content, but I don;t want to have to subscribe to a million different services to get it.

One of the main retail motivators is Convenience. Multiple streaming services does nto appeal to that need anymore. I might as well go to my local video store.

Do you like Free Wargames?
http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Southeastern PA, USA

 Easy E wrote:
I have a lot of interest in the content, but I don;t want to have to subscribe to a million different services to get it.

One of the main retail motivators is Convenience. Multiple streaming services does nto appeal to that need anymore. I might as well go to my local video store.


The fragmentation thing is frustrating, but it's been the same way with premium channels for decades. No matter how many of those suckers you have, the one movie or series you really want to see is on the one you don't. *shrug* This may be how a la carte television is finally born...not from the unbundling of what we're offered from cable companies like people always assumed, but from the creation of many subscription streaming services.

In this case, I think it's pretty hard to complain about the offering until we know the price. They're at least trying to do something different/extra in terms of the content available. There will, of course, always be those people who complain about having to pay for the crust on the pizza when they don't eat it. Not much you can do about that, and those people probably won't be your customers anyway.

My World Eaters Showcase
View my Genestealer Cult! Article - Gallery - Blog
Best Appearance - GW Baltimore GT 2008, Colonial GT 2012

DQ:70+S++++G+M++++B++I+Pw40k90#+D++A+++/fWD66R++T(Ot)DM+++

 
   
Made in us
Willing Inquisitorial Excruciator





 Easy E wrote:
I have a lot of interest in the content, but I don;t want to have to subscribe to a million different services to get it.

One of the main retail motivators is Convenience. Multiple streaming services does nto appeal to that need anymore. I might as well go to my local video store.


1) You...have a local video store? (And no, a Redbox doesn't count!)

2) If you really do, you sure that it will be around much longer?

3) Are you visiting us from...1998?

Insidious Intriguer 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

Little bit of threadomancy but...
First look at Robin in costume for "Titans"


Official announcement of "DC Universe" streaming service

   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






I think its hilarious that they keep using Tim Drakes look for Dick Grayson.


These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.

 JohnHwangDD wrote:

The Nazis were right. It's better to be a Nazi than a fan.

Thank you for getting me on the side of Milo and the Nazis.

 
   
Made in us
Willing Inquisitorial Excruciator





A TV series and/or Movie will almost always borrow from wherever to make whatever.

Sometimes it even works out for the best too!

Insidious Intriguer 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

That is a pretty badass look for Robin, borrowed or not. Besides, I'd rather that than the 'Boy Wonder' look.

Do we know if Dan Abnett is involved in the Titans series at all? His work on their run since just before Rebirth has been pretty phenomenal, so if he's on board for the show then that's massively more interesting.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/06/28 18:57:54


   
Made in us
Dominating Dominatrix






Id rather just see Tim Drake. Dick Grayson was always at his best when he split off to be Nightwing and Tim was always the best Robin who was actually closest to being Batman.

It is what it is.


These are my opinions. This is how I feel. Others may feel differently. This needs to be stated for some reason.

 JohnHwangDD wrote:

The Nazis were right. It's better to be a Nazi than a fan.

Thank you for getting me on the side of Milo and the Nazis.

 
   
Made in us
Ollanius Pius - Savior of the Emperor






Right behind you.

 Paradigm wrote:
That is a pretty badass look for Robin, borrowed or not. Besides, I'd rather that than the 'Boy Wonder' look.

Do we know if Dan Abnett is involved in the Titans series at all? His work on their run since just before Rebirth has been pretty phenomenal, so if he's on board for the show then that's massively more interesting.

I don't know if Dan Abnett is, but Bryan Edward Hill(currently doing a run on Detective Comics, has been doing the Hong Kong Phooey/Black Lightning crossover comic, and of course far far more) is.
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Legendary Master of the Chapter





UK

I've always preferred Grayson with the Titans. Tim is at his best with Batman, I agree, and he's shone in Detective Comics over the last couple of years, but in a super-team dynamic Grayson works better, whether that's as Robin or Nightwing.

Damain is probably my favourite Robin as Robin, all the others went on to become cooler once they become Nightwing/Red Hood/Red Robin/Spoiler, but I'm not a fan of him in the Titans (too much Teen, not enough Titan )

   
 
Forum Index » Geek Media
Go to: