Switch Theme:

Female Stormcast  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





England: Newcastle

I think it’s a great idea but the issue is that they’ve already done the entire Stormcast range. You only have to look at the front cover with a female liberator to understand that they don’t make models for them. I don’t think it’s something that could be solved with an extra sprue or two. Plus you have expensive kits like the Stardrake which probably have the riders model on the main spruce and can’t easily be changed.

They would pretty much have to either redo all those brand new kits or do female only liberators and retributors for example. Which they can’t really do because of the size of the Stormcast range.

TBH I had assumed that they would make a new chamber that was exclusively female. Instead they have one that is mixed, have stated the others are mixed but in practice they aren’t. It seems bizarre to have had such a late change of direction that really should have been planned in advance of the whole range.

Heroes is a little less of a problem and I would not be surprised if they added something like a female Lord Celestant on foot.

Plus, since they are going with mixed units it isn’t practical to collect an all female army of Stormcast even if you focused on the Sacrosanct.

Also, this creates the possibility that they might actually update the range. If they did then I would tempted to hold fire buying, for example, a Stardrake if I thought they might throw in an alternate rider. So it does create problems for me with looking at future purchases.


This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2018/07/08 23:47:18



Starting Sons of Horus Legion

Starting Daughters of Khaine

2000pts Sisters of Silence

4000pts Fists Legion
Sylvaneth A forest
III Legion 5000pts
XIII Legion 9000pts
Hive Fleet Khadrim 5000pts
Kabal of the Torn Lotus .4000pts
Coalition of neo Sacea 5000pts



 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 Totalwar1402 wrote:
The problem is that they’ve already done the entire Stormcast range. You only have to look at the front cover with a female liberator to understand that they don’t make models for them. I don’t think it’s something that could be solved with an extra sprue or two. Plus you have expensive kits like the Stardrake which probably have the riders model on the main spruce and can’t easily be changed.

They would pretty much have to either redo all those brand new kits or do female only liberators and retributors for example. Which they can’t really do because of the size of the Stormcast range.

TBH I had assumed that they would make a new chamber that was exclusively female. Instead they have one that is mixed, have stated the others are mixed but in practice they aren’t. It seems bizarre to have had such a late change of direction that really should have been planned in advance of the whole range.

Heroes is a little less of a problem and I would not be surprised if they added something like a female Lord Celestant on foot.



I thought the new cover of the new edition and that on the new battletome are both beautiful images - hoping the artists continues to make such great pics - as have most of the character images recently.

If they really wanted to they could do a female box set of Stormcast to cover the various differernt units...

Female references, characters and models were extremely scare at the start of AOS - now they have sorted this aberation

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





England: Newcastle

I think you’re understating how many kits are out for Stormcast. Pretty much everything from Liberators through to Stardrakes.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/08 22:12:14



Starting Sons of Horus Legion

Starting Daughters of Khaine

2000pts Sisters of Silence

4000pts Fists Legion
Sylvaneth A forest
III Legion 5000pts
XIII Legion 9000pts
Hive Fleet Khadrim 5000pts
Kabal of the Torn Lotus .4000pts
Coalition of neo Sacea 5000pts



 
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






...What?

I think you are trying to argue that if some Stormcast units have females, all the units and character options must have females...?

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





England: Newcastle

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
...What?

I think you are trying to argue that if some Stormcast units have females, all the units and character options must have females...?


“The problem is that they have already done the range” and have only just started introduced female stormcast. That’s, I am honestly not sure how you misunderstand that; the first sentence sums up the problem. Everything else is listing why GW can’t easily go back and remake the whole range to reflect this change and that this creates doubt in over whether they will redo the range and might effect if I want to buy Stormcast kits.


Starting Sons of Horus Legion

Starting Daughters of Khaine

2000pts Sisters of Silence

4000pts Fists Legion
Sylvaneth A forest
III Legion 5000pts
XIII Legion 9000pts
Hive Fleet Khadrim 5000pts
Kabal of the Torn Lotus .4000pts
Coalition of neo Sacea 5000pts



 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




UK

I don't quite get your argument. You're saying that because this new Segment of the Stormcast has female warriors that the previous segment of the army must also be re-done to have them? I don't see why.

They are a separate segment of the entire Stormcast Force and as such they can operate slightly differently, in this case to include women within their ranks. I don't see how that breaks the faction at all, its simply a different recruitment/forging process.

Heck this group also ride dracolions (or however they are called) instead of griffon based mounts; you could argue that they've got to redo the previous mounts too to fit the theme.


Armies the world over can have different arms of the same force that are comprised very differently. We don't often see it with Warhammer armies at large because GW doesn't release enough models for them - Stormcast are special in that they are getting a bigger than regular roster. It's the same as why the Imperium in 40K also has way more fully present subfactions and different military orders



It would be just the same as if GW released a male focused Daughters of Khaine military subgroup

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/08 22:29:50


 
   
Made in gb
Aspirant Tech-Adept




United Kingdom

Stormcast aren't really male or female - they're long-dead mutilated souls trapped in a magic body / armour. Those that have an especially strong soul (Angharad Brightshield, Neave Blacktalon, etc.) or magically ability can affect how they're re-forged - but they're in the minority.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/08 22:34:22


 
   
Made in au
Been Around the Block





beast_gts wrote:
Stormcast aren't really male or female - they're long-dead mutilated souls trapped in a magic body / armour. Those that have an especially strong soul (Angharad Brightshield, Neave Blacktalon, etc.) or magically ability can affect how they're re-forged - but they're in the minority.


Nope, they have flesh and blood bodies.

Spoiler:
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





England: Newcastle

 Overread wrote:
I don't quite get your argument. You're saying that because this new Segment of the Stormcast has female warriors that the previous segment of the army must also be re-done to have them? I don't see why.

They are a separate segment of the entire Stormcast Force and as such they can operate slightly differently, in this case to include women within their ranks. I don't see how that breaks the faction at all, its simply a different recruitment/forging process.

Heck this group also ride dracolions (or however they are called) instead of griffon based mounts; you could argue that they've got to redo the previous mounts too to fit the theme.


Armies the world over can have different arms of the same force that are comprised very differently. We don't often see it with Warhammer armies at large because GW doesn't release enough models for them - Stormcast are special in that they are getting a bigger than regular roster. It's the same as why the Imperium in 40K also has way more fully present subfactions and different military orders



It would be just the same as if GW released a male focused Daughters of Khaine military subgroup


Because it isn’t just the Sacrosanct chamber. This is why there is a female liberator on the cover of the core rule book. Why they show up in stories etc etc So GW has stated that the Stormcast are men and women chosen by Sigmar. It is not just the Sacrosanct chamber.

I am saying that GW should have planned such a thing from the start rather than changing their minds once most of the range was done. Thats bad planning.




Automatically Appended Next Post:
beast_gts wrote:
Stormcast aren't really male or female - they're long-dead mutilated souls trapped in a magic body / armour. Those that have an especially strong soul (Angharad Brightshield, Neave Blacktalon, etc.) or magically ability can affect how they're re-forged - but they're in the minority.


They re not Thousand Sons. It’s just that the early units all had helmets unlike generic marines so people assume they don’t have bodies.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/08 22:40:45



Starting Sons of Horus Legion

Starting Daughters of Khaine

2000pts Sisters of Silence

4000pts Fists Legion
Sylvaneth A forest
III Legion 5000pts
XIII Legion 9000pts
Hive Fleet Khadrim 5000pts
Kabal of the Torn Lotus .4000pts
Coalition of neo Sacea 5000pts



 
   
Made in gb
Aspirant Tech-Adept




United Kingdom

 Glane wrote:
beast_gts wrote:
Stormcast aren't really male or female - they're long-dead mutilated souls trapped in a magic body / armour. Those that have an especially strong soul (Angharad Brightshield, Neave Blacktalon, etc.) or magically ability can affect how they're re-forged - but they're in the minority.


Nope, they have flesh and blood bodies.

Spoiler:


I thought that got 'updated' in one of the Malign Portents stories - I'll have a re-read.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





England: Newcastle

beast_gts wrote:
 Glane wrote:
beast_gts wrote:
Stormcast aren't really male or female - they're long-dead mutilated souls trapped in a magic body / armour. Those that have an especially strong soul (Angharad Brightshield, Neave Blacktalon, etc.) or magically ability can affect how they're re-forged - but they're in the minority.


Nope, they have flesh and blood bodies.

Spoiler:


I thought that got 'updated' in one of the Malign Portents stories - I'll have a re-read.


The story he quoted is from Soul Wars which just came out.

Plus the guy on the front cover of the battle time is a normal dude. Which spells out “this is what the army is all about” ditto they all have bodies.


Starting Sons of Horus Legion

Starting Daughters of Khaine

2000pts Sisters of Silence

4000pts Fists Legion
Sylvaneth A forest
III Legion 5000pts
XIII Legion 9000pts
Hive Fleet Khadrim 5000pts
Kabal of the Torn Lotus .4000pts
Coalition of neo Sacea 5000pts



 
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 Overread wrote:
I don't quite get your argument. You're saying that because this new Segment of the Stormcast has female warriors that the previous segment of the army must also be re-done to have them? I don't see why.

They are a separate segment of the entire Stormcast Force and as such they can operate slightly differently, in this case to include women within their ranks. I don't see how that breaks the faction at all, its simply a different recruitment/forging process.

Heck this group also ride dracolions (or however they are called) instead of griffon based mounts; you could argue that they've got to redo the previous mounts too to fit the theme.


Armies the world over can have different arms of the same force that are comprised very differently. We don't often see it with Warhammer armies at large because GW doesn't release enough models for them - Stormcast are special in that they are getting a bigger than regular roster. It's the same as why the Imperium in 40K also has way more fully present subfactions and different military orders



It would be just the same as if GW released a male focused Daughters of Khaine military subgroup


Because it isn’t just the Sacrosanct chamber. This is why there is a female liberator on the cover of the core rule book. Why they show up in stories etc etc So GW has stated that the Stormcast are men and women chosen by Sigmar. It is not just the Sacrosanct chamber.

I am saying that GW should have planned such a thing from the start rather than changing their minds once most of the range was done. Thats bad planning.
So you're saying that because the earlier kits don't have Stormcast females the later ones shouldn't? They all have females in the fluff you know...

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 Overread wrote:
I don't quite get your argument. You're saying that because this new Segment of the Stormcast has female warriors that the previous segment of the army must also be re-done to have them? I don't see why.

They are a separate segment of the entire Stormcast Force and as such they can operate slightly differently, in this case to include women within their ranks. I don't see how that breaks the faction at all, its simply a different recruitment/forging process.

Heck this group also ride dracolions (or however they are called) instead of griffon based mounts; you could argue that they've got to redo the previous mounts too to fit the theme.


Armies the world over can have different arms of the same force that are comprised very differently. We don't often see it with Warhammer armies at large because GW doesn't release enough models for them - Stormcast are special in that they are getting a bigger than regular roster. It's the same as why the Imperium in 40K also has way more fully present subfactions and different military orders



It would be just the same as if GW released a male focused Daughters of Khaine military subgroup


Because it isn’t just the Sacrosanct chamber. This is why there is a female liberator on the cover of the core rule book. Why they show up in stories etc etc So GW has stated that the Stormcast are men and women chosen by Sigmar. It is not just the Sacrosanct chamber.

I am saying that GW should have planned such a thing from the start rather than changing their minds once most of the range was done. Thats bad planning.
So you're saying that because the earlier kits don't have Stormcast females the later ones shouldn't? They all have females in the fluff you know...


Yep

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






I'm just utterly baffled by the concept here; there seems to be some vague idea that if there are females in part of the army they need to be in all of the army, and/or if they are in the fluff they must exist in model form... I'm not really sure.

It reads like someone trying to justify not liking femcast due to sexism...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/08 23:03:56


"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





England: Newcastle

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 Overread wrote:
I don't quite get your argument. You're saying that because this new Segment of the Stormcast has female warriors that the previous segment of the army must also be re-done to have them? I don't see why.

They are a separate segment of the entire Stormcast Force and as such they can operate slightly differently, in this case to include women within their ranks. I don't see how that breaks the faction at all, its simply a different recruitment/forging process.

Heck this group also ride dracolions (or however they are called) instead of griffon based mounts; you could argue that they've got to redo the previous mounts too to fit the theme.


Armies the world over can have different arms of the same force that are comprised very differently. We don't often see it with Warhammer armies at large because GW doesn't release enough models for them - Stormcast are special in that they are getting a bigger than regular roster. It's the same as why the Imperium in 40K also has way more fully present subfactions and different military orders



It would be just the same as if GW released a male focused Daughters of Khaine military subgroup


Because it isn’t just the Sacrosanct chamber. This is why there is a female liberator on the cover of the core rule book. Why they show up in stories etc etc So GW has stated that the Stormcast are men and women chosen by Sigmar. It is not just the Sacrosanct chamber.

I am saying that GW should have planned such a thing from the start rather than changing their minds once most of the range was done. Thats bad planning.
So you're saying that because the earlier kits don't have Stormcast females the later ones shouldn't? They all have females in the fluff you know...


What? Iam saying that the earlier kits are inconsistent and GW screwed up since the range has far too many kits to be redone in line with the Sacrosanct. Can you actually read my post rather than leaping to half baked assumptions that “problem with female stormcasts” is an argument that they shouldn’t be in. You think the person with the avatar of a Sister of Battle and with some of the armies I’ve listed as collecting is going to object to that? Really?


Starting Sons of Horus Legion

Starting Daughters of Khaine

2000pts Sisters of Silence

4000pts Fists Legion
Sylvaneth A forest
III Legion 5000pts
XIII Legion 9000pts
Hive Fleet Khadrim 5000pts
Kabal of the Torn Lotus .4000pts
Coalition of neo Sacea 5000pts



 
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






I did read it, I just don't understand what you're trying to say.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





England: Newcastle

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I'm just utterly baffled by the concept here; there seems to be some vague idea that if there are females in part of the army they need to be in all of the army, and/or if they are in the fluff they must exist in model form... I'm not really sure.

It reads like someone trying to justify not liking femcast due to sexism...


Okay. You are a an atrocious judge of character.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I did read it, I just don't understand what you're trying to say.


What don’t you understand?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/08 23:06:02



Starting Sons of Horus Legion

Starting Daughters of Khaine

2000pts Sisters of Silence

4000pts Fists Legion
Sylvaneth A forest
III Legion 5000pts
XIII Legion 9000pts
Hive Fleet Khadrim 5000pts
Kabal of the Torn Lotus .4000pts
Coalition of neo Sacea 5000pts



 
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I'm just utterly baffled by the concept here; there seems to be some vague idea that if there are females in part of the army they need to be in all of the army, and/or if they are in the fluff they must exist in model form... I'm not really sure.

It reads like someone trying to justify not liking femcast due to sexism...


Okay. You are a an atrocious judge of character.
You aren't doing yourself any favors responding like that.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I did read it, I just don't understand what you're trying to say.


What don’t you understand?
What the problem is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/08 23:06:51


"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





England: Newcastle

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I'm just utterly baffled by the concept here; there seems to be some vague idea that if there are females in part of the army they need to be in all of the army, and/or if they are in the fluff they must exist in model form... I'm not really sure.

It reads like someone trying to justify not liking femcast due to sexism...


Okay. You are a an atrocious judge of character.
You aren't doing yourself any favors responding like that.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I did read it, I just don't understand what you're trying to say.


What don’t you understand?
What the problem is.


Because I can’t collect an army of female Stormcast Eternals. Because GW has done the entire range as all dudes. This is not rocket science.

Iam offended because you have by your own admission assumed that Iam being sexist by saying it’s a shame GW did the entire range before deciding on making femcast a thing. Iam more than entitled to be sharp with you for that. It proves that you have not read what I wrote but presume to slander me. You have managed to misconstrue guy who would wants to collect female stormcast as a guy who doesn’t want to collect female stormcast.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2018/07/08 23:16:11



Starting Sons of Horus Legion

Starting Daughters of Khaine

2000pts Sisters of Silence

4000pts Fists Legion
Sylvaneth A forest
III Legion 5000pts
XIII Legion 9000pts
Hive Fleet Khadrim 5000pts
Kabal of the Torn Lotus .4000pts
Coalition of neo Sacea 5000pts



 
   
Made in us
Rotting Sorcerer of Nurgle






 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I'm just utterly baffled by the concept here; there seems to be some vague idea that if there are females in part of the army they need to be in all of the army, and/or if they are in the fluff they must exist in model form... I'm not really sure.

It reads like someone trying to justify not liking femcast due to sexism...


Okay. You are a an atrocious judge of character.
You aren't doing yourself any favors responding like that.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I did read it, I just don't understand what you're trying to say.


What don’t you understand?
What the problem is.


Because I can’t collect an army of female Stormcast Eternals. Because GW has done the entire range as all dudes. This is not rocket science.

Iam offended because you have by your own admission assumed that Iam being sexist by saying it’s a shame GW did the entire range before deciding on making femcast a thing. Iam more than entitled to be sharp with you for that.

I didn't assume; I said that's what it SOUNDED like. As an afterthought. It may seem pedantic but that is a very large and very important difference. Also better than the half dozen "you are dumb" pass-aggressive insults you've thrown out already.

Had you literally just stated "the problem is I can't collect an army of femcast" in the first post it would have been clear from the onset. Note I am not the only one confused. It would have let us all go "oh, that's not a problem--just a personal preference" and moved on already.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/08 23:16:18


"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





England: Newcastle

 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I'm just utterly baffled by the concept here; there seems to be some vague idea that if there are females in part of the army they need to be in all of the army, and/or if they are in the fluff they must exist in model form... I'm not really sure.

It reads like someone trying to justify not liking femcast due to sexism...


Okay. You are a an atrocious judge of character.
You aren't doing yourself any favors responding like that.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Totalwar1402 wrote:
 NinthMusketeer wrote:
I did read it, I just don't understand what you're trying to say.


What don’t you understand?
What the problem is.


Because I can’t collect an army of female Stormcast Eternals. Because GW has done the entire range as all dudes. This is not rocket science.

Iam offended because you have by your own admission assumed that Iam being sexist by saying it’s a shame GW did the entire range before deciding on making femcast a thing. Iam more than entitled to be sharp with you for that.

I didn't assume; I said that's what it SOUNDED like. As an afterthought. It may seem pedantic but that is a very large and very important difference. Also better than the half dozen "you are dumb" pass-aggressive insults you've thrown out already.

Had you literally just stated "the problem is I can't collect an army of femcast" in the first post it would have been clear from the onset. Note I am not the only one confused. It would have let us all go "oh, that's not a problem--just a personal preference" and moved on already.


I assume people can read between the lines. It’s very implicit that I would have preferred if they had done mixed stuff from the get go. You have read that title and been presumptuous.

“Also, this creates the possibility that they might actually update the range. If they did then I would tempted to hold fire buying, for example, a Stardrake if I thought they might throw in an alternate rider. So it does create problems for me with looking at future purchases.” - Why would I complain that I would hold off buying a Stardrake if I wasn’t interested in buying one with a female rider? If I only wanted a dude riding a Stardrake it wouldn’t impact me at all.

If you were unsure then you wouldn’t openly accuse me of being sexist to another poster. That is slander and Iam not going to turn the other cheek to that.


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2018/07/08 23:49:22



Starting Sons of Horus Legion

Starting Daughters of Khaine

2000pts Sisters of Silence

4000pts Fists Legion
Sylvaneth A forest
III Legion 5000pts
XIII Legion 9000pts
Hive Fleet Khadrim 5000pts
Kabal of the Torn Lotus .4000pts
Coalition of neo Sacea 5000pts



 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




Yes its a shame that the range did not include visibly female Stormcast from the very beginning. GW do seem to have been caught out by the increasing expectation for female representation among our model collections. But like a lot of things with AoS they do seem to be finding there feet recently and are moving forward in what is IMO a generally positive direction.

Looking to the future, while the original multipart kits are probably going to stay around for a long while yet. It is a safe bet that GW plan to expand the Stormcast range as time goes on. Hopefully future kits will have female bodies that can be mixed into the non Sacrosanct units with minimal conversion, or possibly FW might release some alternate sculpts. Unfortunately until that happens female Liberators, Judicators ect are going to be fluff only.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2018/07/08 23:42:31


 
   
Made in us
Calm Celestian





LA

If they wanted to they could make easy to build 3-6 packs of female liberators to simply bolster your current liberator units with more variety. The current multi part liberator kit is too new and too many boxes in circulation to just axe the kit and re do it so soon. It sucks GW didn't have any kind of game plan with the stormcast design until later on, but a lot of these kits are here to stay or the foreseeable future.

 
   
Made in il
Fresh-Faced New User





GoatboyBeta wrote:
Yes its a shame that the range did not include visibly female Stormcast from the very beginning. GW do seem to have been caught out by the increasing expectation for female representation among our model collections. But like a lot of things with AoS they do seem to be finding there feet recently and are moving forward in what is IMO a generally positive direction.

Looking to the future, while the original multipart kits are probably going to stay around for a long while yet. It is a safe bet that GW plan to expand the Stormcast range as time goes on. Hopefully future kits will have female bodies that can be mixed into the non Sacrosanct units with minimal conversion, or possibly FW might release some alternate sculpts. Unfortunately until that happens female Liberators, Judicators ect are going to be fluff only.


This.

I firmly believe that GW had a certain vision for the Stormcast when the first came up with them and that (mostly or generally) didn't include females or even many bare-faced models. When they started I got the feeling from the fluff and artwork that they are kinda like the Marines only MORE mysterious and inhuman. That all seemed to change somewhat over time, I firmly believe due to player feedback on their social media channels and Facebook.

You can't really blame them for the first wave not containing females as opposed to the latter ones as it wasn't in the script back then and as numerous sources keep telling us it takes a LONG time to implement changes in such a big enterprise. Like models are made years before being released and stuff like that.

So this slow inclusion is a natural process and I think a very positive one. Having a mixed gender multi part plastic kit (Like the Evocators) is kinda groundbreaking (at least for non-elven models) and I hope they will continue with this moving forward, not just with the Stormcast but other kits, like Freeguild, 40K Guardsmen ect.
   
Made in fi
Fresh-Faced New User



Whiterun

 TheGrok wrote:
GoatboyBeta wrote:
Yes its a shame that the range did not include visibly female Stormcast from the very beginning. GW do seem to have been caught out by the increasing expectation for female representation among our model collections. But like a lot of things with AoS they do seem to be finding there feet recently and are moving forward in what is IMO a generally positive direction.

Looking to the future, while the original multipart kits are probably going to stay around for a long while yet. It is a safe bet that GW plan to expand the Stormcast range as time goes on. Hopefully future kits will have female bodies that can be mixed into the non Sacrosanct units with minimal conversion, or possibly FW might release some alternate sculpts. Unfortunately until that happens female Liberators, Judicators ect are going to be fluff only.


This.

I firmly believe that GW had a certain vision for the Stormcast when the first came up with them and that (mostly or generally) didn't include females or even many bare-faced models. When they started I got the feeling from the fluff and artwork that they are kinda like the Marines only MORE mysterious and inhuman. That all seemed to change somewhat over time, I firmly believe due to player feedback on their social media channels and Facebook.

You can't really blame them for the first wave not containing females as opposed to the latter ones as it wasn't in the script back then and as numerous sources keep telling us it takes a LONG time to implement changes in such a big enterprise. Like models are made years before being released and stuff like that.

So this slow inclusion is a natural process and I think a very positive one. Having a mixed gender multi part plastic kit (Like the Evocators) is kinda groundbreaking (at least for non-elven models) and I hope they will continue with this moving forward, not just with the Stormcast but other kits, like Freeguild, 40K Guardsmen ect.


Yeah, I remember them giving off this impression that they where meant to be sorta like the rubric marines, with members from all sentient species stuffed inside those armors. Nowadays it seems that we have only seen human(& maybe aelf) stormcasts. Then again it doest give them room to squeeze out even more sigmarines when we get to models for orruks, gargants, ogors, skavens, duardins, sylvaneths, fimirs, halflings,trolls, gnomes, dragons, beastmen ect...

Full of Power 
   
Made in gb
Wight Lord with the Sword of Kings






UK

It was always a bit vague in the first few source books - they talked about whole courts being taken up by Sigmar and people kept asking - well does that include women, elves, orks etc and GW was shy about answering.

Also at that point they did not seem to think any self resepecting gamer would want to use "girl" figures and only boys play so why make female figures.

More recently they have pulled their heads out of their arse.

"Unimaginably ancient xenos artefact somewhere on the planet, hive fleet poised above our heads, hidden 'stealer broods making an early start....and now a bloody Chaos cult crawling out of the woodwork just in case we were bored. Welcome to my world, Ciaphas."
Inquisitor Amberley Vail, Ordo Xenos

"I will admit that some Primachs like Russ or Horus could have a chance against an unarmed 12 year old novice but, a full Battle Sister??!! One to one? In close combat? Perhaps three Primarchs fighting together... but just one Primarch?" da001

www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/528517.page

A Bloody Road - my Warhammer Fantasy Fiction 
   
Made in fi
Fresh-Faced New User



Whiterun

Gargant stormcasts would be cool though

Full of Power 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut




UK

I think what we are simply seeing is evolution of the line and the lore. Honestly if you read the lore in the main rule book there are a LOT of details left out. the lore is very generic epic in how it describes things, but a lot of the detail that we had in the past is gone. What we forget is that some of that past detail came from having a lore around for several decades and being built upon in each edition.

Sigmar is clearly an evolving game and we shouldn't also forget that it began its life very simplistically in a "just sell models" viewpoint. I think 2.0 is hte beginning of it gaining serious depth and broadening what we see of the factions and of the races. Give it another 10 years and I think we'll see it grow into a powerful lore in its own right.
   
Made in fi
Fresh-Faced New User



Whiterun

Duardin stormcasts in magitech mechas would be cool too

Full of Power 
   
Made in gb
Most Glorious Grey Seer






Answer is simply enough.

ETB kit featuring a selection of Stormcast unit types, all female.

Fed up for Scalpers? Why not join us? 
   
 
Forum Index » AoS General Discussion & Background
Go to: