Some units from the Northern Alliance are added to the Varangur with CoK19
The last info we had about their KoW
list was that it should come with a supplement containing the Northern Alliance, Ophidia and the re-worked Twilight Kin
That's indeed the last know information about them.
There are also a few additionnal bits à information that were known, but please note that there where based on *ideas* that Mantic (or the RC
) had at the time, it's perfectly possible that the final version will be different :
1) alignemnt :
- the Northen Alliance is expected to be Good (the units that they share with the Varangur will probably by from the same northen tribes but coming from those that reject the Evil Varangur God)
- Ophidia is supposed to be Neutral,, with a lots of rule concerning their use of magic (necromancy included) in order to not fall in the same excess as their ancestors (who became the Empire of Dust)
- The Twilight Kin should still be evil
- We now have a rather good view on the Northen Alliance, and its mix of various faction with the ice/snow theme added.
From the very little background available, I have the personnal theory that the Elven King of the Alliance found something from the Wicked One Winter that survived the war and the ice age (maybe some artefact, or maybe something remaining of her Essence that might allow her to be reborn), and while he seems to be trying to do good, if this is true then there is the possibility of him becoming later corrupted (or of Winter being reborn)
- Ophidian armies are supposed to be a mix of living (probably mainly humans ?) and their magically bound servants (mostly undead, but with some djinns and similar spirits too). There is a rumour or "secrets masters" being their empire, and the name "Ophidia" hint that maybe if those really exists that they might be a something like snake men or something similar.
Of course it's possible that the final version will be less subtle and that the army will come with snakemen wizards or other units
- The Twilight Kin revamped where rumoured to replace their link to the abyssals with a the nightalker, Vanguard seems to definitively confirm this, and I am happy, it was a really good idea to make them more unique, plus it fit the fluff, and give them a theme or "Unseelie Sidhe" that I like