Switch Theme:

[2000] - Black Legion - with some daemon engine stuff  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Screeching Screamer of Tzeentch



Savannah

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [67 PL, 9CP, 1,210pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Council of Traitors [-1CP]

Dark Disciples [1 PL, 10pts]: 2x Dark Disciple

Detachment CP [5CP]

Legion: Black Legion

+ HQ +

Abaddon the Despoiler [12 PL, 2CP, 240pts]: Warlord

Dark Apostle [5 PL, 100pts]: 5. Trusted War-leader, Council of Traitors, Illusory Supplication, No Chaos Mark

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour [7 PL, 112pts]: Arch-Sorceror, Combi-bolter, Council of Traitors, Death Hex, Force stave, No Chaos Mark, Prescience, Warptime

+ Troops +

Chaos Cultists [6 PL, 100pts]: Mark of Khorne
. 19x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun
. Cultist Champion: Brutal assault weapon and Autopistol

Chaos Space Marines [8 PL, 162pts]: Icon of Vengeance, No Chaos Mark
. Aspiring Champion: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
. 7x Marine w/ Boltgun
. Marine w/ special weapon: Plasma gun
. Marine w/ special weapon: Plasma gun

Chaos Space Marines [8 PL, 162pts]: Icon of Vengeance, No Chaos Mark
. Aspiring Champion: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
. 7x Marine w/ Boltgun
. Marine w/ special weapon: Plasma gun
. Marine w/ special weapon: Plasma gun

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators [20 PL, 324pts]: Mark of Slaanesh
. Chaos Terminator Champion: Chainaxe, Combi-plasma
. Terminator: Chainaxe, Combi-bolter
. Terminator: Chainaxe, Combi-bolter
. Terminator: Chainaxe, Combi-bolter
. Terminator: Chainaxe, Combi-bolter
. Terminator: Chainaxe, Combi-bolter
. Terminator: Chainaxe, Combi-bolter
. Terminator: Chainaxe, Combi-plasma
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Chainaxe, Reaper autocannon
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Chainaxe, Reaper autocannon

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [43 PL, , 784pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP [1CP]

Legion: Black Legion

Specialist Detachment [-1CP]: Soulforged Pack

+ HQ +

Lord Discordant on Helstalker [9 PL, 180pts]: Baleflamer, Mecha-serpents, No Chaos Mark
. Helstalker: Techno-virus injector

+ Heavy Support +

Defiler [9 PL, 142pts]: Defiler scourge, No Chaos Mark, Reaper autocannon

Defiler [9 PL, 142pts]: Defiler scourge, No Chaos Mark, Reaper autocannon

Forgefiend [8 PL, 160pts]: 2x Hades autocannons, Ectoplasma cannon, No Chaos Mark

Forgefiend [8 PL, 160pts]: 2x Hades autocannons, Ectoplasma cannon, No Chaos Mark

++ Total: [110 PL, 9CP, 1,994pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The idea of this list is to split the army into 3 parts, taking 3 different position on the map.
1. Rush the lord discordant with the defilers into middle of the map, focusing on enemy tanks, while the forgefiends stay behind the lord and give them cover fire. Lord discordant has a huge amount of close combat moves and a baleflamer to protect himself from horde tarpits of the opponent would want to play it that way.
2. teleport in Abbadon, sorcerer and the terminators near high priority targets. cast warptime and death hex and such. shoot all their rapid fire guns, maybe with a slaanesh stratagem that let them shoot again, charge them in if warptime is casted.
3. apostle and cultists can stay behind and camp the objective, might even try to use the tide of traitors stratagem if things go south. the marines are there to help.

Questions:
Not sure whether the cultists should be using autoguns or melee w/ pistols, as autoguns seems to be safer, but the apostle buffs their melee.
I could change the 2 defilers and the 2 forgefiends to 1 defiler, 1 forgefiend, 1 maulerfiend and 1 heldrake, it would look fricken awesome but I am not sure about the effectiveness, does this change lower weaken the army a lot?
(maybe more but don't know yet.)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/06/01 09:26:08


All your base are belong to Tzeentch 
   
Made in se
Regular Dakkanaut




First of, you can't cast warptime on a unit that DS that turn so maybe walk Abby up the board with your csm so they can overcharge plasma. Can start with the Sorcerer on board as well and cast warptime on a Defiler first turn and then on Abby so he can join the Slauther.

I'm not a fan of Forgefiends, i do belive they need a lord for rerolls at the minimum.

You could take "Field commander" for -1cp and give Lord Discordant a warlordtrait, then give him +2 Move 6" aura for Engines and take 2 Maulers instead.

As you said, you could change the spearhead but on topic of heldrake i'm not sold. I do want the heldrake to work but i'm having a hard time juctify he's points. (no, i do not calculate points destroyd vs cost of model).

Also, The Apostel? just why? Buff cultists that die if looking at them. why not split cultist up in 2 units and camp backfield and take something else for the apostel?


change on Forgefiend to a maulerfiend gives you 28p? then take out apostel for 100p

so 128p i belive so almost another Maulerfiend..


sorry for my English and hope i could give something to you to think of.
   
Made in gb
Sagitarius with a Big F'in Gun





Tazberry wrote:
First of, you can't cast warptime on a unit that DS that turn so maybe walk Abby up the board with your csm so they can overcharge plasma. Can start with the Sorcerer on board as well and cast warptime on a Defiler first turn and then on Abby so he can join the Slauther.

I'm not a fan of Forgefiends, i do belive they need a lord for rerolls at the minimum.

You could take "Field commander" for -1cp and give Lord Discordant a warlordtrait, then give him +2 Move 6" aura for Engines and take 2 Maulers instead.

As you said, you could change the spearhead but on topic of heldrake i'm not sold. I do want the heldrake to work but i'm having a hard time juctify he's points. (no, i do not calculate points destroyd vs cost of model).

Also, The Apostel? just why? Buff cultists that die if looking at them. why not split cultist up in 2 units and camp backfield and take something else for the apostel?


change on Forgefiend to a maulerfiend gives you 28p? then take out apostel for 100p

so 128p i belive so almost another Maulerfiend..


sorry for my English and hope i could give something to you to think of.


or remove a couple of other items/upgrades and chuck in a couple of obliterators to deep strike....

Praise the Omnissiah

About 4k of .

Imperial Knights (Valiant, Warden & Armigers)

Some Misc. Imperium units etc. Assassins...

About 2k of  
   
Made in us
Screeching Screamer of Tzeentch



Savannah

 The Forgemaster wrote:
Tazberry wrote:
First of, you can't cast warptime on a unit that DS that turn so maybe walk Abby up the board with your csm so they can overcharge plasma. Can start with the Sorcerer on board as well and cast warptime on a Defiler first turn and then on Abby so he can join the Slauther.

I'm not a fan of Forgefiends, i do belive they need a lord for rerolls at the minimum.

You could take "Field commander" for -1cp and give Lord Discordant a warlordtrait, then give him +2 Move 6" aura for Engines and take 2 Maulers instead.

As you said, you could change the spearhead but on topic of heldrake i'm not sold. I do want the heldrake to work but i'm having a hard time juctify he's points. (no, i do not calculate points destroyd vs cost of model).

Also, The Apostel? just why? Buff cultists that die if looking at them. why not split cultist up in 2 units and camp backfield and take something else for the apostel?


change on Forgefiend to a maulerfiend gives you 28p? then take out apostel for 100p

so 128p i belive so almost another Maulerfiend..


sorry for my English and hope i could give something to you to think of.


or remove a couple of other items/upgrades and chuck in a couple of obliterators to deep strike....


I would get them if they come out in a seperate box, dont really want the shadowspear box set, but I guess it has really nice stuff.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Tazberry wrote:
First of, you can't cast warptime on a unit that DS that turn so maybe walk Abby up the board with your csm so they can overcharge plasma. Can start with the Sorcerer on board as well and cast warptime on a Defiler first turn and then on Abby so he can join the Slauther.

I'm not a fan of Forgefiends, i do belive they need a lord for rerolls at the minimum.

You could take "Field commander" for -1cp and give Lord Discordant a warlordtrait, then give him +2 Move 6" aura for Engines and take 2 Maulers instead.

As you said, you could change the spearhead but on topic of heldrake i'm not sold. I do want the heldrake to work but i'm having a hard time juctify he's points. (no, i do not calculate points destroyd vs cost of model).

Also, The Apostel? just why? Buff cultists that die if looking at them. why not split cultist up in 2 units and camp backfield and take something else for the apostel?


change on Forgefiend to a maulerfiend gives you 28p? then take out apostel for 100p

so 128p i belive so almost another Maulerfiend..


sorry for my English and hope i could give something to you to think of.


This is what people usually do in their list, they take cultist in the bare minimum numbers despite that they are only effective in large blobs. Would you mind explaining that to me?
I put the Apostle in there only because I got the new model, thought might as well put him in there for fluff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/01 16:29:47


All your base are belong to Tzeentch 
   
Made in se
Regular Dakkanaut




Explain it surely. Everything you got in your list is made to go up the board or DS in so you’re vulnerable in your backfield. Splitting your cultists into two smaller units and you can line them up denying DS as well as holding objectives in your backfield.

Yes cultists can be effective and as you say, only in bigger units. But they are the cheapest thing we got so we use them to camp in the back. You can go with havocs as they have long range guns and can contribute as well.
   
Made in us
Screeching Screamer of Tzeentch



Savannah

Tazberry wrote:
Explain it surely. Everything you got in your list is made to go up the board or DS in so you’re vulnerable in your backfield. Splitting your cultists into two smaller units and you can line them up denying DS as well as holding objectives in your backfield.

Yes cultists can be effective and as you say, only in bigger units. But they are the cheapest thing we got so we use them to camp in the back. You can go with havocs as they have long range guns and can contribute as well.


Oh I always thought cultists are supposed to charge into some larger models, basically tarpitting a land raider or something, but I guess it makes sense to use them as DS blocks, I just didn't expect them to be so much of cannon fodders.

All your base are belong to Tzeentch 
   
Made in se
Regular Dakkanaut




You sure can tarp it a landraider but holding objectives, taking up space on board and hopefully do something good like charge a landraider is the mostly used job for them.

You can also go Black legion and spamming them but then they need too be max unit and with Abby for moral issues and for rerolls.
   
Made in gb
Irked Necron Immortal




fukafukahokari wrote:


I would get them if they come out in a seperate box, dont really want the shadowspear box set, but I guess it has really nice stuff.


Ebay. They sell separately for a reasonable price.
   
Made in hk
Steadfast Ultramarine Sergeant




Maulerfiend maybe better than Forgefiend. Since Your other Daemon Engines want to go close to enemy or are both good at range and close combat. The Maulerfiend could have a better time enjoy the aura of Lord Discordant while not sacrifice the combat capability of the lord engine and Defilers.
   
Made in us
Yellin' Yoof





I would take the mauler over the forge. Also with Abbodan having huge cultist blobs is awesome.

The termies I think are too all over the place. I like them bare bones or with plasma. They are either super cheap or anti-everything.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Army Lists
Go to: