Switch Theme:

[1998 ] - Tau - Suits.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Ultramarine Chaplain with Hate to Spare






Battalion (Tau sept)
Enforcer Commanders 4x Missile Pod
Fireblade
3x5 Man Fire Warriors with marker light

3x4 Markerlight drones

Battalion (Tau sept)
Enforcer Commanders 4x Missile Pod
Ethereal Hover drone
3x5 Man Fire Warriors with marker light

Vanguard (Tau Sept)
Coldstar Commander 3x Fusion 1x Airburst (Supernova Launcher)

Riptide - Ion Accel - 2x Plasma guns - drone controller - velocity tracker
Riptide - Ion Accel - 2x Plasma guns

3x Crisis Suits 8x Burstcannon 1x Drone Controller - 1x Iridium armor 6x gun drone
3x Crisis Suits 9x Plasma Gun 1x Iridium armor
3x Crisis Suits Bodyguards 8x Rocket pod 1x Shield Generator 1x Iridium armor

Not your typical Tau army. Very mobile. Plenty of markerlights to make sure we can get at least 2 targets lit up a turn. In any case - I know this isn't the most competitive list. I just want to try to challenge myself to make tau more fun to play and honestly (to give my opponents a chance) Tau are in such a weird spot right now where they crush everything but the super cheesy lists.

If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.
- Fox Mulder 
   
Made in us
Proven Tomahawk Destroid Pilot





Livermore, Ca

Fireblade Cadre and Tau Sept are still going to be OP together. Play a different sept. I ran Farsight Enclaves and got away with it.

My avatar: Tournaments - "Yeah, its kinda like that"
 
   
Made in us
Trustworthy Shas'vre



california

I love it a lot, I just feel at least 15 shield drones should be added in for the Riptide’s somehow but otherwise I wanna try this out also
   
Made in de
Devastating Dark Reaper





Biel-Tan

If you want to go full crisis i'll suggest going Farsight not only makes sense fluff wise but the stratagems that comes with it is good imho.

Plus you can field Farsight the most badass character in the game

We are the Children of Eldanesh and Ulthanesh. The galaxy will be ours again.

My Instagram
My Blog
 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Chaplain with Hate to Spare






Pain4Pleasure wrote:
I love it a lot, I just feel at least 15 shield drones should be added in for the Riptide’s somehow but otherwise I wanna try this out also

Some marker drones will be near the riptides. I would like a few shield drones but I feel marker drones are just better overall because they are good on defense and offense.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Elian wrote:
If you want to go full crisis i'll suggest going Farsight not only makes sense fluff wise but the stratagems that comes with it is good imho.

Plus you can field Farsight the most badass character in the game

The stratagem is great but only on a big unit. You lose out on the +1 to wound stratagem to get it too so it's a give and take. Farsight while being really cool is too terrible to use. He is about 3 times worse than a regular commander.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/06 17:30:15


If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.
- Fox Mulder 
   
Made in de
Devastating Dark Reaper





Biel-Tan

I agree!
You could arrange some kind of fluff matches against your mates if you intend to go full Farsight Enclave.

I saw the Eight in battle the other day it was a lot of fun. Planning to do something like that in the near future.

Regarding your list i totally agre with you could go with a full force unit of crisis with the cyclon ion blaster (i'm sure i''ve spelled that word wrong) with the stratagem is pretty decent.

Then again you'll have to run farsight enclave.. In my opinion Tau sept, viorl'a, borkan and sacea are the best septs right now competitive-wise.

BTW: 1998? great year.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/06/07 07:43:36


We are the Children of Eldanesh and Ulthanesh. The galaxy will be ours again.

My Instagram
My Blog
 
   
Made in us
Proven Tomahawk Destroid Pilot





Livermore, Ca

 Xenomancers wrote:
Pain4Pleasure wrote:
I love it a lot, I just feel at least 15 shield drones should be added in for the Riptide’s somehow but otherwise I wanna try this out also

Some marker drones will be near the riptides. I would like a few shield drones but I feel marker drones are just better overall because they are good on defense and offense.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Elian wrote:
If you want to go full crisis i'll suggest going Farsight not only makes sense fluff wise but the stratagems that comes with it is good imho.

Plus you can field Farsight the most badass character in the game

The stratagem is great but only on a big unit. You lose out on the +1 to wound stratagem to get it too so it's a give and take. Farsight while being really cool is too terrible to use. He is about 3 times worse than a regular commander.


You wanted something less powerful, Farsight is a good challenge for you. I've used him twice so far this edition, he's not Tau sept, thus not as good as Shadowsun, and he doesn't have 4 fusion blasters like the deepstrike disposable commanders are. He is still decent, and an excellent blender in combat. If the other two are A+'s, He's a B+. I like that you are using markerlights over sheild drones, that's making it interesting.

My avatar: Tournaments - "Yeah, its kinda like that"
 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Chaplain with Hate to Spare






True I was trying to tone down the power level a bit. It just seems like too much. It would be interesting to have a CC unit in a tau army I suppose - but hes going to be mostly unsupported. Plus against the armies I play against...Harlequins/Custodians/horde demons - he will just get merked.

If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.
- Fox Mulder 
   
Made in us
Stubborn Dark Angels Veteran Sergeant





The title for this list is very misleading. I was expecting full on battlesuits and drones list.

What's your rationale for double battalion? In my experience T'au doesn't really rely as much on CP's.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Chaplain with Hate to Spare






 skchsan wrote:
The title for this list is very misleading. I was expecting full on battlesuits and drones list.

What's your rationale for double battalion? In my experience T'au doesn't really rely as much on CP's.

Literally everything in this list is a suit or a drone except an ethereal fireblade and 30 fire warriors. Tau eat CP pretty quickly.
Every Turn its not a bad idea to use 3CP to go plus 1 to wound on a single target/ Go 2 overcharged modes on a riptide/ and get d3 marklight hits for 1 cp (and probably reroll a 1 on that if it gives you 5 on a target) - Also healing riptides. Commanders can make units -1 to hit for 2 CP. Tau can drain CP quickly with a lot of functional stratagems. It's not even reasonable to make a list that doesn't have access to CP. The game is built around stratagems. Not including CP in a list would be like not putting mana in a magic deck.

If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced.
- Fox Mulder 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Army Lists
Go to: