Switch Theme:

What is the best loadout for Wrathmongers?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Committed Chaos Cult Marine






As the tile suggests?
   
Made in us
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Norwalk, Connecticut

Uh...5 man unit chilling near another unit you want to boost the attacks of? They’ve only got one weapon type. Not 100% sure what you’re looking for.

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I'd hate to live there.

Manchu wrote:I'm a Catholic. We eat our God.


Due to work, I can usually only ship any sales or trades out on Saturday morning. Please trade/purchase with this in mind.  
   
Made in us
Committed Chaos Cult Marine






 timetowaste85 wrote:
Uh...5 man unit chilling near another unit you want to boost the attacks of? They’ve only got one weapon type. Not 100% sure what you’re looking for.


The GW website lists a whole host of weapon types on the kit, swords, axes, spears. I don't have the Blades of Khorne Book yet, that's why I was wondering.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






They only have the one weapon option. The skullreapers have the other weapons which used to be different profiles but they lumped them all together while maintaining the names. Basically the two units only have one weapon option each; wrathmongers have the chain-hammers and skullreapers have everything else (it doesn't matter which).

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
Made in us
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Norwalk, Connecticut

Yeah, what Ninth said. Wrathmongers and Skullreapers are the same kit with different weapon options. Flails are Mongers, bladed weapons are Reapers. I prefer Mongers myself with flails, because 3” reach and they boost your guys. But Reapers get to fight again when they die, I believe. So both are good. Depends which you prefer; stacked boosts or always getting to fight in melee.

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I'd hate to live there.

Manchu wrote:I'm a Catholic. We eat our God.


Due to work, I can usually only ship any sales or trades out on Saturday morning. Please trade/purchase with this in mind.  
   
Made in us
Committed Chaos Cult Marine






 timetowaste85 wrote:
Yeah, what Ninth said. Wrathmongers and Skullreapers are the same kit with different weapon options. Flails are Mongers, bladed weapons are Reapers. I prefer Mongers myself with flails, because 3” reach and they boost your guys. But Reapers get to fight again when they die, I believe. So both are good. Depends which you prefer; stacked boosts or always getting to fight in melee.


Thanks! This helps, I think I understand my confusion now!
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






Mongers are a dual purpose support/melee unit, while skullreapers are simply heavy melee infantry. Having one unit of each will perform better than two units of the same.

"Putting a statement in quotations makes it seem more legitimate."
--Bette R. Withname

Imagine three people with the same set of values but radically different emotional states, each of them believes their position is more valid than the other two, they all post using the same account, and your job is to make it coherent. 
   
 
Forum Index » AoS War Council
Go to: