Switch Theme:

Archon Dungeons & Lasers - Encounters PM and late pledge now open  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Dangerous Outrider




Baltimore, MD USA



I tried to just quote the picture of the Cog... But ... i am not good with the quoting. Thank you for showing this. Its on my list now. That looks really nice

[Thumb - Untitled.png]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/08/10 21:13:51


 
   
Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





North-East England

Thanks for the replys.
I will have to keep watching to see when it opens.
The terrain does look good.

   
Made in gb
Highlord with a Blackstone Fortress






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.

 DaveC wrote:
 Orlanth wrote:
 manic _miner wrote:

Anyone know when or if the Sci-Fi scenery KS project will have a late pledge manager option? Missed out on that one.


I believe you can.

https://gamefound.com/projects/archon-studio/rampart-third-edition


That's locked until after they deliver - which was due to start last week but seems to have slipped back due to D&L 3 shipping and summer holidays it should reopen after delivery which will take 4 to 6 weeks.


Initially I wrote 'Yes you can'. Then thought better of it as I can see the pledge manager options but a new backer might not.
As I was able I back twice on multiple projects including Rampart 1, and backed D&L after hearing about it at time of fulfilment, and still got my order in. I made two D&L orders at the cusp of the campaign of their successors, when everything was supposedly closed down. I have no problems believing Archon Studio will take manic-miner's money, if for some technical reason they do not, I suggest he message them and wave his dollars about. He will then get what he wants.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Smokestack wrote:


I tried to just quote the picture of the Cog... But ... i am not good with the quoting. Thank you for showing this. Its on my list now. That looks really nice



I bought FOUR. Average cost £30. They are listed at far higher prices than that, be patient and you will get one (or more) at a fair price..

Search under multiple names:

Revell Hanse Kogge
Zvezda Hanse Kogge
Zvezda Medieval Ship Tomas
Zvezda Crusader Ship (I havent got this one).

The kits are 90% identical, and you will need some modelling skills to raise the platforms by about 1cm (for 28mm heroic) and heighten the platform walls by about 6mm (for all 28mm) in order to fit. Widening the hatches would also be good, but you can get away without. The ladders ought to be replaced, and will downscale to window clears ladders, but are workable. You could add them to a different model and make better ladders though.

I am preparing a game for Salute 2023 including a fantasy fleet, hence why I bought four, and some Sarissa Precision cogs also, the latter are much smaller, which is fine as cogs varied a lot in size.
By medieval formula the Zvezda/Revell cog is 65ft long beam of 25 feet, and has a capacity of just under 200 tons burthen, around the upper limit of most cogs. Though a rare few were much larger. The Sarissa Precision is 36ft long and under 50 tons burthen. This makes the ships nicely delimitered for RPG's.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/08/11 09:58:48


n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

The Encounters pledge manager has now gone live

https://gamefound.com/projects/archon-studio/encounters#/section/project-story

they're offering rapid delivery (for a cost) for the pre-existing stuff as normal



Which items are available in the Rapid Delivery option?
Encounters Set - Elven Woods
Encounters Add-ons - Modular River
All the Legacy add-ons.

Dates and schedules
We went a little off the trail regarding our Timetable, so here's the most updated information you need. Pledge Manager starts on the 11th of August 2022, so we expand the time of closure to the 12th of January 2023.

Along with Pledge Manager, we're also launching the Rapid Delivery option. It will be available from the 11th of August till the 12th of October.


so if you want stuff from D&L 3 this is probably going to be the way to go especially if your not a backer already

 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Adding the Rapid Delivery option is a bit odd you have to add the RD pledge level to your cart and delete the original pledge for example add RD Hero to the cart - you now have RD Hero and a regular Hero in your cart if you chose that during the campaign - now delete the original Hero - it won't affect your free Leshy mini.

Hero shipping is €30 (EU middle 1) original estimate €29 so very close but it can jump quickly I added entrances and 2 Goblin huts and that bumped it another €14 but taking 1 hut out brought it back to €30 so there's weight threshold that's not far over the Hero pledge on it's own.
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





Emailed Archon about availability of Elven Woods post campaign, and got an answer that it will not be available in a normal sale.
   
Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





North-East England

I think getting a second Stretch goals set from this KS will be the way to go to get multiples of some of the items which will be useful.Extra trees and plants along with the huts and such will always come in handy.I do like the look of the shamans hut.
Might get a roof pack or two and some of the balustrades to try to make a balcony.May also come in for kit bash projects.

   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 manic _miner wrote:
I think getting a second Stretch goals set from this KS will be the way to go to get multiples of some of the items which will be useful.Extra trees and plants along with the huts and such will always come in handy.I do like the look of the shamans hut.
Might get a roof pack or two and some of the balustrades to try to make a balcony.May also come in for kit bash projects.


The huts are one per backer as they made them slightly larger so getting an extra SG box won't get you those as they're in a separate add on.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Houston, TX

remember to expand your pledge to choose a theme for each encounter set! Otherwise you'll get all your options the same theme!
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Shadow Walker wrote:
Emailed Archon about availability of Elven Woods post campaign, and got an answer that it will not be available in a normal sale.


Odd that they're not going to retail with that set. Maybe they're going to break it up into smaller boxes?
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





 Monkeysloth wrote:
 Shadow Walker wrote:
Emailed Archon about availability of Elven Woods post campaign, and got an answer that it will not be available in a normal sale.


Odd that they're not going to retail with that set. Maybe they're going to break it up into smaller boxes?

Yeah, hopefully there will be something to buy later. Weird decision anyway as I think that one would be their bestseller compared to other 3 terrains from the campaign.
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






It's probably more likely that they'll split the trees from the rocks for retail as there have been a lot of requests for the trees on their own - but their retail strategy is so weird it's hard to know.
   
Made in pl
Huge Hierodule





 DaveC wrote:
It's probably more likely that they'll split the trees from the rocks for retail as there have been a lot of requests for the trees on their own - but their retail strategy is so weird it's hard to know.

Exactly, it is like they do not want too much money or something. Also like people already said about things like swarms, giant ants etc. - why produce 2-3 when most time a player/GM would need at least 10 or more?
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I wonder if they've found they need an extra sprue to fit everything in meaning it's not going to work at the retail price point (more from weight/volume than the cost of the extra plastic)

so it doesn't get to go to retail as is (although they might be able to do a cut down version with less content if they can juggle placing the bits on the sprues right)


Automatically Appended Next Post:
and on the topic of elven woods the fan group on facebook has some neat stuff from one of the painters that got early access to some of the stuff

Kuba Sawicki ·

Some might be thinking how many sets they need from the encounters campaign. As some might remember (and if not I'll repost the pictures as last ones) that I've painted an alternate version of the Elven woods hills. It had an underwater/magical/icy feel. I came up with two additional color schemes - lava and wasteland bloody river. Maybe it will inspire someone. It's only an elven woods set by name





This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/13 10:14:47


 
   
Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





North-East England

 Monkeysloth wrote:
 manic _miner wrote:
I think getting a second Stretch goals set from this KS will be the way to go to get multiples of some of the items which will be useful.Extra trees and plants along with the huts and such will always come in handy.I do like the look of the shamans hut.
Might get a roof pack or two and some of the balustrades to try to make a balcony.May also come in for kit bash projects.


The huts are one per backer as they made them slightly larger so getting an extra SG box won't get you those as they're in a separate add on.


Where did you see that post?

Looking at the stretch goal extra set for £40 you would get the whole lot of stretch goals shown in the graphic.

   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

I thought they'd said that too but i can't find where it was now

i've dropped a question in the comments to see if they can clarify it

 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






 manic _miner wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
 manic _miner wrote:
I think getting a second Stretch goals set from this KS will be the way to go to get multiples of some of the items which will be useful.Extra trees and plants along with the huts and such will always come in handy.I do like the look of the shamans hut.
Might get a roof pack or two and some of the balustrades to try to make a balcony.May also come in for kit bash projects.


The huts are one per backer as they made them slightly larger so getting an extra SG box won't get you those as they're in a separate add on.


Where did you see that post?

Looking at the stretch goal extra set for £40 you would get the whole lot of stretch goals shown in the graphic.


It's in the FAQ
https://gamefound.com/projects/archon-studio/encounters/faq

Current list of One per backer Stretch Goals:

The Stagecoach - Super Stretch Goal
Swamp Hut
Watch Tower
Highlander Hut
Cage
Ygris - Super Stretch Goal
Enchanted Tree - Super Stretch Goal
Tree of Spirits - Super Stretch Goal
Thos the Dragon - Super Stretch Goal


and if you click on the Encounters pack you get the description that excludes one per backer SGs

Encounters Stretch Goals pack €40.00
Does not include items marked as "One per backer".


It may be worth your while to create a second Gamefound account and get another pledge as you will count as a separate backer and get a full set of SG plus the one per backer stuff.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

they really need to update the graphic to show it as lots of folk won't see it there

but thanks for finding that DaveC

 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




 Shadow Walker wrote:
Emailed Archon about availability of Elven Woods post campaign, and got an answer that it will not be available in a normal sale.

That's disappointing. Those trees were the only thing I really wanted out of this campaign, but the cost-to-tree ratio caused me to allocate hobby budget elsewhere in the hope that they would be available on their own later.
Guess I'll have to do a late pledge in a few months once GLORIOUS DREADNOUGHTS stop dominating my wallet.
   
Made in gb
Hardened Veteran Guardsman





North-East England

Thanks for that info DaveC

I did not read any of the FAQ posts before.

It would be easier if the SG box for £40 had a graphic for what you get.Makes it easier to see for everyone and lets them know to order other sets from the Add-on section.

   
Made in us
Nurgle Chosen Marine on a Palanquin





 manic _miner wrote:


Where did you see that post?

Looking at the stretch goal extra set for £40 you would get the whole lot of stretch goals shown in the graphic.


"One per backer" is also shown on all of the appropriate items in the Stretch Goals listing at the bottom third of the GF page (first seven items).

T
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK





first glimpses of final encounters sprues

 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Pity they didn’t take the chance to make the 2 tents look a bit different. More reveals on tomorrow’s AMA.
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







Yea tooling multiples of the same sculpt seems like a waste of tooling capacity, might as well have made a smaller sprue and cast it twice.

But what do I know, Mantic keeps doing this wholesale for some reason.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/18 17:26:44


Posters on ignore list: 35

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in de
Experienced Maneater






Did I miss anything? What has opened up?
I didn't receive a mail. Do I need to do anything?
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






 Hanskrampf wrote:
Did I miss anything? What has opened up?
I didn't receive a mail. Do I need to do anything?


Pledge manager has been open a few days, there's been issues with the emails but you don't need one just log into your Gamefound account and go to the project to complete the PM plenty of time it's open until December. Remember to select your themes from the dropdown options or you will get all of the default option and if you want rapid delivery you need to add an RD pledge level and delete the original pledge level - there's no RD option on it's own.
   
Made in de
Experienced Maneater






 DaveC wrote:
 Hanskrampf wrote:
Did I miss anything? What has opened up?
I didn't receive a mail. Do I need to do anything?


Pledge manager has been open a few days, there's been issues with the emails but you don't need one just log into your Gamefound account and go to the project to complete the PM plenty of time it's open until December. Remember to select your themes from the dropdown options or you will get all of the default option and if you want rapid delivery you need to add an RD pledge level and delete the original pledge level - there's no RD option on it's own.

Ah, Encounters. Thanks. Just had shipping to add, I think you could already select the sets you want during the pledge as it was all already like I wanted it.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Oh good catch DaveC, i hadn't registered that,

I agree it's a shame they haven't modified the tent slightly (even if they just left off the shield and other bits round the base it would have looked distinct enough and that shouldn't have needed much if any sculpting time

hopefully it's just they rushing to get this (rapid delivery) theme done and they'll have a bit more time to think about things on the other themes where small changes will improve the look a lot

 
   
Made in gb
Highlord with a Blackstone Fortress






Adrift within the vortex of my imagination.




Oh dear. Archon never learn. They make high detailed models then copypasta them. If you are going to put two tents on a sprue and dont want them simplified and uniform, sculpt each differently. Noe every tent gets the same log and the same shield.

This is a nice tent, great for a single model but this really puts the brakes on repeat sales.

n'oublie jamais - It appears I now have to highlight this again.

It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. 
   
Made in au
Veteran Inquisitorial Tyranid Xenokiller




Down Under

Yeah, I definitely see the benefit of not molding the same model twice as it doesn't make the most sense.

The only thing I can think of is they paid for the sculpt designs and got past that phase and then discovered extra room/requirement and rather than paying for modifications to make 2 tents they just used the resources on hand.

Glory is fleeting. Obscurity is forever.




 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: