Switch Theme:

[Necromunda] News & Rumors  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Hooded Inquisitorial Interrogator




Exeter, UK

 Agamemnon2 wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
And there are at least a couple of weapons in that image not in the images on WHC.


Sticking a saw blade on a morningstar is a perfect GW-ism and I'm surprised I haven't seen them do it sooner.


2000ad did in Nemesis the Warlock: it was one of Torquemada's favourite weapons when he wasn't using his chainsword:

Spoiler:


Then I made my own!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/11/20 12:51:28


 
   
Made in us
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





Pretty sure Torquemada’s one was actually powered and spinning (not that adding gyroscopic precession to the mix would necessarily “help”) while the one on the mini is just a chain through a saw disc.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
Fanatic with Madcap Mushrooms







Holy Scrap thats some really ugly kits.
Maybe its the pictures angles or something but looks like a convoluted execution of legs

Guess Im marked safe from necromunda Christmas.


   
Made in fi
Calculating Commissar







JSG wrote:
The fact is in discussions like these you have a lot of ucreative people who think about these things in a very literal, straightforward kind of way. Every game would look like Oathmark if it were left to them.


I assume that is meant to be a particularly harsh burn of some sort? The wit employed is too rareified to be easily understood by common plebeian readers, alas.

The supply does not get to make the demands. 
   
Made in es
Longtime Dakkanaut





This week more necromunda news.

The book?

Other vehicle from other gang?

Or more forgeworld miniatures?
   
Made in gb
Martial Arts SAS




United Kingdom

I'm surprised we haven't seen the pre-order for the Escher Jetbikes, cards and Ash Waste-themed dice yet.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/11/20 23:41:04


   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I'm surprised we've heard naught about the second campaign book either. I wonder if they'll put a new Gang type into the next book, or if it's just Cawdor, Van Saar and (hopefully) Delaque all in one. Then we can get back to proper Necromunda and bring back the damned Scavvies!

On another note, I got one of the new fuel tank sets - specifically the one that came with the trailer - and despite the instructions being how to build the specific trailer shown on the box, it does have a back page showing the modularity of the kit. You can basically stack 'em to the heavens. As long as you have the "wall" bits, you can just keep building up and up and up. In essence they function must like the old Imperial Bastion kit, in that there's a base, there's a roof, and then there are the walls, and the higher you make it, the more and more bases and roofs you'll have left over, giving you a whole bunch of tiny little tanks, which might get silly after a while. Either way, I've been looking to make a "Fuel Depot" style terrain piece, so they might be a good addition.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Tsagualsa wrote:
 Flinty wrote:
Because it’s a terrible weapon? I mean stupidity in The underhive and use what you can find is all very well, but I can’t see how the user would last long enough to become honoured with the fancy leg machine.

It’s not very heavy for blunt impact, and you’ll never be able to get it to hit edge on reliably.


It's the exactly same kind of zeal that gives you frag-lances with Range 2 and Blast 3 The Emperor Protects, after all.


Well that sits you nicely outside of the blast
   
Made in au
[MOD]
Making Stuff






Under the couch

JSG wrote:
 Agamemnon2 wrote:
 Flinty wrote:
Because it’s a terrible weapon? I mean stupidity in The underhive and use what you can find is all very well, but I can’t see how the user would last long enough to become honoured with the fancy leg machine.


I'm sorry, I thought "a terrible weapon" is implicit in the expression "peak GW-ism". The designers know next to nothing about any kind of weapons actually used by actual human beings in combat with other human beings. It's all just designed "from the gut".


That's a bold assumption.

I mean, their head of IP literally claimed in a court of law that their designers create entirely from their own imaginations and use no outside influences whatsoever... (Curiously, Sly Marbo was inexplicably AWOL from both the game and webstore at that particular point in time)

Seriously, though, GW's design has always been far more about what they think looks cool than what is functional. It's quite likely that they could design more practical equipment, but it's just not in the design brief. They're making space-power-fantasy toys, not scale models.

 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I'm surprised we've heard naught about the second campaign book either. I wonder if they'll put a new Gang type into the next book, or if it's just Cawdor, Van Saar and (hopefully) Delaque all in one. Then we can get back to proper Necromunda and bring back the damned Scavvies!

On another note, I got one of the new fuel tank sets - specifically the one that came with the trailer - and despite the instructions being how to build the specific trailer shown on the box, it does have a back page showing the modularity of the kit. You can basically stack 'em to the heavens. As long as you have the "wall" bits, you can just keep building up and up and up. In essence they function must like the old Imperial Bastion kit, in that there's a base, there's a roof, and then there are the walls, and the higher you make it, the more and more bases and roofs you'll have left over, giving you a whole bunch of tiny little tanks, which might get silly after a while. Either way, I've been looking to make a "Fuel Depot" style terrain piece, so they might be a good addition.


That's interesting. I liked the Bastion for that design feature. Good to see the Necromunda designers embrace a bit of modularity.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





 Geifer wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I'm surprised we've heard naught about the second campaign book either. I wonder if they'll put a new Gang type into the next book, or if it's just Cawdor, Van Saar and (hopefully) Delaque all in one. Then we can get back to proper Necromunda and bring back the damned Scavvies!

On another note, I got one of the new fuel tank sets - specifically the one that came with the trailer - and despite the instructions being how to build the specific trailer shown on the box, it does have a back page showing the modularity of the kit. You can basically stack 'em to the heavens. As long as you have the "wall" bits, you can just keep building up and up and up. In essence they function must like the old Imperial Bastion kit, in that there's a base, there's a roof, and then there are the walls, and the higher you make it, the more and more bases and roofs you'll have left over, giving you a whole bunch of tiny little tanks, which might get silly after a while. Either way, I've been looking to make a "Fuel Depot" style terrain piece, so they might be a good addition.


That's interesting. I liked the Bastion for that design feature. Good to see the Necromunda designers embrace a bit of modularity.

It’s similar with the stilt-habs. Not only can you stack em up (with or without gaps between levels) but if you have enough middle pieces you can make them arbitrarily long too.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






Bring aht yer ded!

[Thumb - 621CCE00-1B7E-42CF-936E-8834A25B2931.jpeg]


Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

H.B.M.C, 27 July 2022. Suddenly the Chaos Codex doesn't seem so bad.

Not at all quote mined. 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Those are amazing
   
Made in gb
Moustache-twirling Princeps




United Kingdom

Spoiler:








And before anyone asks:

This resin posse of free-range bodysnatchers will be up for pre-order soon.
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






That’s….that’s another Squat, isn’t it?

Might even pass as a Squat Standard Bearer for a Vostroyan army?

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

H.B.M.C, 27 July 2022. Suddenly the Chaos Codex doesn't seem so bad.

Not at all quote mined. 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Warwickscire

Possibly or it could be a heavily mutalited servant or servitor?
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Whatever it is it needs to be voiced by Danny DeVito

Print Hunter
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Some nice translations of the artwork there (even if the paintjob on the Pale Consort doesn't quite showcase that to its fullest). That Bone-Scrivener is very fun.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






The Pale Consort would almost have been nice enough for me to consider buying Forgeword resin, if she didn't come with lil' beaky and the not-khorne bros.

I'm not sure that 'corpse prospecting' makes a lick of sense, even by Necromunda's standards.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran



South East London

Those are gorgeous minis, but those paintjobs are absolutely stunning!

"Dig in and wait for Winter" 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Lord Damocles wrote:
The Pale Consort would almost have been nice enough for me to consider buying Forgeword resin, if she didn't come with lil' beaky and the not-khorne bros.

I'm not sure that 'corpse prospecting' makes a lick of sense, even by Necromunda's standards.


It's been a pretty established part of the lore since at least the 2017 reboot. They're just out collecting/sourcing bodies to be 'recycled' and there's corpses all over the place; some ancient and sealed away in lost chambers/collapsed domes, some fresh from the ever-present gang wars and just general mortality in a huge, densely packed population. Makes perfect sense to me that there'd be professional guilders who's job is to find the best sources at any given time, even ignoring the pseudo-cultish ritual overtones of the role.

The 'not-Khorne bros' are just that to be fair; this is what they're supposed to look like by default. It's the heretic Corpse-Grinder cultists who have taken these uniforms and equipment, slapped on a bunch of Khornate icons and gone on a rampage. These lads are just on the clock doing their thing.
   
Made in gb
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





 Lord Damocles wrote:
The Pale Consort would almost have been nice enough for me to consider buying Forgeword resin, if she didn't come with lil' beaky and the not-khorne bros.

I'm not sure that 'corpse prospecting' makes a lick of sense, even by Necromunda's standards.

It’s not like they have a formal registry of births, deaths, and marriages or anything like that. Or even graveyards. Bodies just … disappear between shifts/battles.
Also, if the fancy nose plugs that filter out corpse-stench aren’t tied to a tracking system of some kind then someone needs a paddlin’

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in ca
Dakka Veteran





Damn, the FW Necromunda minis don't miss.

I don't even want to think about how much a "one of everything" set would run, but it would make for a pretty lush mini library for running a Necromunda/generic hive RPG.
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Otiose in a Niche






Cairo, Egypt



I wish the lady was available on her own, that is an incredible mini right there.

As for the gang, it really needs a Corpse Cart but with servitors pulling it.

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






JimmyWolf87 wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
The Pale Consort would almost have been nice enough for me to consider buying Forgeword resin, if she didn't come with lil' beaky and the not-khorne bros.

I'm not sure that 'corpse prospecting' makes a lick of sense, even by Necromunda's standards.


It's been a pretty established part of the lore since at least the 2017 reboot. They're just out collecting/sourcing bodies to be 'recycled' and there's corpses all over the place; some ancient and sealed away in lost chambers/collapsed domes, some fresh from the ever-present gang wars and just general mortality in a huge, densely packed population. Makes perfect sense to me that there'd be professional guilders who's job is to find the best sources at any given time, even ignoring the pseudo-cultish ritual overtones of the role.

Sure, but how many bodies are you going to find rummaging around gang fights in the underhive? Compared to the millions of people in the hive city proper who must be dying on the regular?

It's like going to Chicago for a weekend to find bodies, when you could just go to almost any funeral home and not be shot at.

   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

Thing is the millions that die in the hive proper are likely already being dealt with and processed by other professionals who don't want you muscling in on their Corpse Starch business. So funeral homes in the Hive might very well shoot back at you if you start trying to take their bodies and business!


So when you're in the Underhive you're restricted.


Don't forget Necromunda has a lot of social and massive physical barriers to social mobility. You can't just pop up from the sump and underhive for a quick body snatching tour of the mid-regions and head back home






And even if you can there's always going to be someone poorer/less connected who is going to harvest the bodies from the Underhive because they are there to be had and what's a bit of radiation or a few large rats to put off someone already living in the Underhive from getting a free new leg off that dead ganger

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/11/21 16:48:16


Print Hunter
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in be
Regular Dakkanaut





Stunning models. I love how all of them look. The one dissapointed is that we didn't get an iteration of the Stiltwalker Corpse Grinder from the Concept Art.


I understand why they chose the more generic options, seeing as the rules state it be normal Corpse Grinders. Still could be a potential mini. It would make a fine Special Character.
   
Made in gb
Stern Iron Priest with Thrall Bodyguard





 Lord Damocles wrote:
JimmyWolf87 wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
The Pale Consort would almost have been nice enough for me to consider buying Forgeword resin, if she didn't come with lil' beaky and the not-khorne bros.

I'm not sure that 'corpse prospecting' makes a lick of sense, even by Necromunda's standards.


It's been a pretty established part of the lore since at least the 2017 reboot. They're just out collecting/sourcing bodies to be 'recycled' and there's corpses all over the place; some ancient and sealed away in lost chambers/collapsed domes, some fresh from the ever-present gang wars and just general mortality in a huge, densely packed population. Makes perfect sense to me that there'd be professional guilders who's job is to find the best sources at any given time, even ignoring the pseudo-cultish ritual overtones of the role.

Sure, but how many bodies are you going to find rummaging around gang fights in the underhive? Compared to the millions of people in the hive city proper who must be dying on the regular?

It's like going to Chicago for a weekend to find bodies, when you could just go to almost any funeral home and not be shot at.

Right buuut; Necromunda is on the brink of starvation and pestilence pretty much all the time; one delayed shipment is all it takes. If someone doesn’t collect all the corpses, the meat goes to waste, the precious water leaks out, and disease can run (more) rampant. Worse, the corpses sometimes get back up because of disease. This isn’t just about proper recycling; it’s an integral part of how Necromunda functions at all, even at the low level it does reach.
Besides, for all the wealth and power guilders have, this party is at the bottom of their particular heap. They may well lord it over the hive-bottom scum but somewhere in the spire there is a guild headquarters stuffed with people who have never actually seen a real corpse, who ostensibly run the guild for the benefit of all but mostly themselves. If they ever think of the lower guilders who have to actually go out and touch the dead they probably do so with the same level of contempt the guild in general holds for non-guilders.

"Three months? I'm going to go crazy …and I'm taking you with me!"
— Vala Mal Doran
 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Lord Damocles wrote:
JimmyWolf87 wrote:
 Lord Damocles wrote:
The Pale Consort would almost have been nice enough for me to consider buying Forgeword resin, if she didn't come with lil' beaky and the not-khorne bros.

I'm not sure that 'corpse prospecting' makes a lick of sense, even by Necromunda's standards.


It's been a pretty established part of the lore since at least the 2017 reboot. They're just out collecting/sourcing bodies to be 'recycled' and there's corpses all over the place; some ancient and sealed away in lost chambers/collapsed domes, some fresh from the ever-present gang wars and just general mortality in a huge, densely packed population. Makes perfect sense to me that there'd be professional guilders who's job is to find the best sources at any given time, even ignoring the pseudo-cultish ritual overtones of the role.

Sure, but how many bodies are you going to find rummaging around gang fights in the underhive? Compared to the millions of people in the hive city proper who must be dying on the regular?

It's like going to Chicago for a weekend to find bodies, when you could just go to almost any funeral home and not be shot at.



Because it's not just a case of processing the very obvious sources; Necromunda only (barely) functions through trying to squeeze every last resource available on a constant basis and if there's even a hint or potential of a cache of corpses somewhere out there in the collapsed or abandoned habzones or down in the underhive then there'll be agents going out to find them. They're not just picking up the odd body from the fights their associated gang is involved in; they're locating corpses from areas that have been trapped, forgotten or blocked off in the constantly changing architecture of the Hives. That's what this party represents, they're not the grunts in the processing plant, they're the specialists going out to find otherwise missed corpses and check their quality/suitability. Prospecting is a perfectly apt term for what they do and they can only be in those hazardous regions with some form of relationship with one or more of the House Gangs. Is it likely to be efficient or logical? Hell no; if you want that in a setting the Necromunda (or the Imperium in general) isn't that place.
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






It can also be a survey of sorts.

Examine the bodies of the dead, check them for acceptable levels of toxins. If it’s too high, you know not to harvest from that area. Surprisingly low? Well maybe a forced harvest is on the cards.

And depending on the toxins, maybe end up with useful, valuable, tradable information for other Guilds. Especially if it’s something like traces of Ghast, suggesting a deposit exists somewhere.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

H.B.M.C, 27 July 2022. Suddenly the Chaos Codex doesn't seem so bad.

Not at all quote mined. 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: