Switch Theme:

Epic 40k Imperial Fists  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Never-Miss Nightwing Pilot






I have an almost complete Imperial Fists chapter. I have completed companies from 1 through 8. I have all the standard Marines for the 9th company, but I'm missing about 32 heavy weapons models
to finish the Devastator stands. Last, I'm way off for the 10th Company. I need many Scout stands and they're hard to find, so, I may never get that company finished.

I play with the Epic 40k 3rd ed. rules. For the army as shown, the points value is just over 1900.



At any rate, here's what I have painted, thus far.

Full army shot:




1st Company (Veteran):




2nd Company (Battle):




8th Company (Assault - mechanized):




Armored Company:





I still have the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Battle companies to paint, as well as the 6th and 7th Tactical Reserve companies.
I also have a buttload of extra Land Raiders, Rhinos, and Whirlwinds that I don't really know what to do with.






This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/11/09 09:23:39


   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Love seeing epic as I’m a huge fan and far too addicted to it.
The painting is solid and looks crisp.

In terms of finishing it, do you want pure original models or are you happy to branch out to other companies?
There are a ton of sources for “not space marine” 6mm models.

A good chunk of mine has moved into 3rd party, especially for the newer released stuff.
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




I never played Epic myself, but I always love to see these tiny little figures.

Out of curiousity, did you try painting with Contrast already? I'd guess that these tanks are a perfect shape for the paint.

Looks good!
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




TEXAS USA

Awesome Work!!!

 
   
Made in us
Never-Miss Nightwing Pilot






Thanks for the replies, guys!

Jackal90 wrote:
In terms of finishing it, do you want pure original models or are you happy to branch out to other companies?
There are a ton of sources for “not space marine” 6mm models.
To be completely honest, I'd prefer to stay official. Having said that, I would not dismiss the idea of looking at alternatives.
It's not a loyalty thing, or whatever, but a purely aesthetic thing. Every Devastator in the army is the same cast. Then, you
toss in several different casts and it kinda throws off the uniformity, for me. Maybe a touch of the OCD?

Do you have any links to alternative models?


a_typical_hero wrote:
Out of curiousity, did you try painting with Contrast already?
Nope. I figured they would be too small and detailed for contrast paint.


   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





 Ghidorah wrote:
Thanks for the replies, guys!

Jackal90 wrote:
In terms of finishing it, do you want pure original models or are you happy to branch out to other companies?
There are a ton of sources for “not space marine” 6mm models.
To be completely honest, I'd prefer to stay official. Having said that, I would not dismiss the idea of looking at alternatives.
It's not a loyalty thing, or whatever, but a purely aesthetic thing. Every Devastator in the army is the same cast. Then, you
toss in several different casts and it kinda throws off the uniformity, for me. Maybe a touch of the OCD?

Do you have any links to alternative models?


a_typical_hero wrote:
Out of curiousity, did you try painting with Contrast already?
Nope. I figured they would be too small and detailed for contrast paint.




The biggest one that jumps out is vanguard miniatures as their scale for infantry is almost identical and the models are amazing.
The other one is more just eBay.
I regularly search for “forumware “ on eBay as tons of fan made models up up that fit perfectly into the army.

You also have onslaught miniatures too, but vanguar stock their stuff.
   
Made in us
Powerful Phoenix Lord






Glorious. Love seeing a proper Epic army on display.

 
   
 
Forum Index » Painting & Modeling Showcase
Go to: