Switch Theme:

Beastclaw Raiders question  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Annoying Groin Biter





Hi guys, I am just curious if the Huskard on Stonehorn would be the best option at 1000 points? I am having a hard time with using a Huskard on Thundertusk due to not being as good in combat.

Any body see this differently?




Automatically Appended Next Post:
Ok, I was planning on bring a total of eight mournfangs. 1 unit of 4 and then 2 and 2.

I want to keep it strictly BCR’s at the moment.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Niiai wrote:
There are no clear awnsers here. It depends on what else you bring. The frostlord on stonehorn with etherial amulet is fairly durable. Huskards are more suport units.


Ok, I was planning on bring a total of eight mournfangs. 1 unit of 4 and then 2 and 2.

I want to keep it strictly BCR’s at the moment.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/01/30 16:38:39


 
   
Made in no
Powerful Ushbati





Bergen

There are no clear awnsers here. It depends on what else you bring. The frostlord on stonehorn with etherial amulet is fairly durable. Huskards are more suport units.

I am a dyslectic, so bear with me.

Dyslectics in a text based environment? Dakka is aware of you and sympathises with any troubles you have: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505863.page

Kronos biovore box fresh sporemines. Denying psykick powers since 2017.

 
   
Made in gb
Brutal Butcher





If I was just bringing one behemoth in Ogors, it would always be the Frostlord on Stonehorn. Tooled up with mount trait, relic, and command trait hes an absolute beast.

For me, a Huskard on Stonehorn is a bit of a mixed bag that isnt very exciting, and then Thundertusks work best in multiples with how they buff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/30 16:42:31


 
   
Made in us
Annoying Groin Biter





 Stux wrote:
If I was just bringing one behemoth in Ogors, it would always be the Frostlord on Stonehorn. Tooled up with mount trait, relic, and command trait hes an absolute beast.

For me, a Huskard on Stonehorn is a bit of a mixed bag that isnt very exciting, and then Thundertusks work best in multiples with how they buff.


So scale back on the mournfangs to get the points needed for the frostlord?
   
Made in no
Powerful Ushbati





Bergen

You do what you do. But 400 point hero is a lot in a 1000 point army.

But someting like 1 Frostlord on Stonehorn (400) 3 2 man units of mournfangs (around 600.) You need to split them up into lesser groups to be able to grab objectives.

Idealy, you migh try to get some units can be even cheaper for 1000 point games. Like cats or 2 man units of leadbelchers. You need to grab objectives and screen that stonehorn so he gets the charge off.

I am a dyslectic, so bear with me.

Dyslectics in a text based environment? Dakka is aware of you and sympathises with any troubles you have: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505863.page

Kronos biovore box fresh sporemines. Denying psykick powers since 2017.

 
   
Made in us
Annoying Groin Biter





 Niiai wrote:
You do what you do. But 400 point hero is a lot in a 1000 point army.

But someting like 1 Frostlord on Stonehorn (400) 3 2 man units of mournfangs (around 600.) You need to split them up into lesser groups to be able to grab objectives.

Idealy, you migh try to get some units can be even cheaper for 1000 point games. Like cats or 2 man units of leadbelchers. You need to grab objectives and screen that stonehorn so he gets the charge off.


Understood, I know I am out maned from the start but I don’t want to bring a hero who won’t be able to hold his own. I thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.
   
Made in gb
Brutal Butcher





I assume you would ultimately intend to play 2k?

If so, it would sensible to build towards that. Makes more sense for your 1k list to a bit skewed temporarily on the way to a strong 2k list than the opposite.

The even more sensible thing to do is magnetise and play different options to see what suits you
   
Made in us
Annoying Groin Biter





 Stux wrote:
I assume you would ultimately intend to play 2k?

If so, it would sensible to build towards that. Makes more sense for your 1k list to a bit skewed temporarily on the way to a strong 2k list than the opposite.

The even more sensible thing to do is magnetise and play different options to see what suits you


Yes, I am building towards a 2k list. However, this store is running these small games and it’s interesting since I don’t have to paint a lot as is but can build slowly while learning the game and getting some games under my belt.

I am definitely going to magnetize my stonehorn and thundertusk so I can get a better sense for what preforms better. That being said, having some idea as to which I should play with first is really helpful.
   
Made in gb
Brutal Butcher





The Frostlord on Stonehorn is the best by some margin in my opinion. But as you have noted, 1k is extremely restrictive and even though he is well worth the extra points in the abstract, honestly there isnt a clear right answer in the context of such a restrictive point limit.

I would say play it as the Frostlord first, see how he does and set that as your bar. Then you can compare a Huskard against that.
   
Made in us
Annoying Groin Biter





 Stux wrote:
The Frostlord on Stonehorn is the best by some margin in my opinion. But as you have noted, 1k is extremely restrictive and even though he is well worth the extra points in the abstract, honestly there isnt a clear right answer in the context of such a restrictive point limit.

I would say play it as the Frostlord first, see how he does and set that as your bar. Then you can compare a Huskard against that.


Yep that’s right, I can always do that.
   
Made in us
Insect-Infested Nurgle Chaos Lord






Huskard on Stonehorn is pretty much for battalion unlocks or theme; he's inferior to the Frostlord on Stonehorn for combat and the Huskard on Thundertusk for support.

Consider; Games Workshop rules not so much games but as toolboxes for players to craft an experience from, and open/narrative/matched play just examples of how things can be put together. 
   
 
Forum Index » AoS War Council
Go to: