Switch Theme:

[Legion]Trade Federation ATT Incoming!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
[MOD]
Street Judge






RVA



click on pic above for article link



Trade Federation stuff looks so cool!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/11 09:06:05


   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






And the rest of the cards;




Looking at it, it looks pretty filthy. Lok-Durd especially with his ability to drop four suppression tokens onto an enemy at range 4 is nasty, combine with a linked targeting array for that sweet aim token all for a nice 184pts!

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in au
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine






I’m a fan of the normal droid commander bro sticking out the top, but the T-series is my fave rules wise. Lok Turd is the best by the seem of it, I agree, but I don’t like him haha.

Seems like a really fun unit though, this kind of makes me want to get properly into the game...

EDIT: Would you equip it with the High-Energy Shells or “Bunker Buster” Shells at all?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/11 09:20:51


 
   
Made in de
Poisonous Tomb Scorpion






Cool: Looking forward to seeing it on the table. I always liked that tank design (unlike the Clone tank which isn't for me at all - figures because I have a Clone force but no Separatists...).

 Tiberius501 wrote:
EDIT: Would you equip it with the High-Energy Shells or “Bunker Buster” Shells at all?


No idea what competitive players have to say on the matter, but I could see bunker busters being occasionally useful to redeploy an enemy squad support weapon out of LOS and forcing them to move back into LOS to shoot, and forego an aim action as a consequence. Could be useful under the right circumstances.

High velocity shells might help against Jedi who aren't as annoying if they can't spend a dodge token against ranged attacks. Getting a good shot in on one early on to wear down their health seems worth the points to me.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of! 
   
Made in au
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine






 Geifer wrote:
Cool: Looking forward to seeing it on the table. I always liked that tank design (unlike the Clone tank which isn't for me at all - figures because I have a Clone force but no Separatists...).

 Tiberius501 wrote:
EDIT: Would you equip it with the High-Energy Shells or “Bunker Buster” Shells at all?


No idea what competitive players have to say on the matter, but I could see bunker busters being occasionally useful to redeploy an enemy squad support weapon out of LOS and forcing them to move back into LOS to shoot, and forego an aim action as a consequence. Could be useful under the right circumstances.

High velocity shells might help against Jedi who aren't as annoying if they can't spend a dodge token against ranged attacks. Getting a good shot in on one early on to wear down their health seems worth the points to me.


Thinking about it, “Bunker Buster” shells just seem better in general. I’ve only read the rules and looked at the models so I’m a noob, but am I right in saying that shooting them along with the main cannon would give the whole shot the Blast rule? Seems like it’d be great for taking out bikes or anyone chilling in cover and stuff.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Tiberius501 wrote:

Thinking about it, “Bunker Buster” shells just seem better in general. I’ve only read the rules and looked at the models so I’m a noob, but am I right in saying that shooting them along with the main cannon would give the whole shot the Blast rule? Seems like it’d be great for taking out bikes or anyone chilling in cover and stuff.


That only works in the range 2 band though since that's the only place where the shells and main cannon overlap. Being able to reliably aim and fire at range 4 seems far more powerful, particularly with that strong of a dice pool on the high energy shells.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/11 14:29:31


 
   
Made in au
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine






 LunarSol wrote:
 Tiberius501 wrote:

Thinking about it, “Bunker Buster” shells just seem better in general. I’ve only read the rules and looked at the models so I’m a noob, but am I right in saying that shooting them along with the main cannon would give the whole shot the Blast rule? Seems like it’d be great for taking out bikes or anyone chilling in cover and stuff.


That only works in the range 2 band though since that's the only place where the shells and main cannon overlap. Being able to reliably aim and fire at range 4 seems far more powerful, particularly with that strong of a dice pool on the high energy shells.


Ah yep good point.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Custodes Shield Captain





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

Looks like a fun thing to put on the field. When I get around to doing the CIS I'll probably do it in their nice Blue and White patterns.

Does Barrage mean you can fire the Big Gun twice if you dont use arsenal?
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:

Does Barrage mean you can fire the Big Gun twice if you dont use arsenal?


Yup! Has some significant drawbacks into cover, but its really powerful. Primarily what the character pilot is for.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Custodes Shield Captain





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

Alright, yeah thats still pretty good. a total of 8 Red Attack dice with supressive. The 'ouch time' quote is right.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/11 20:33:05


 
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Yep, thats pretty much where my thoughts began and ended. Keep it as a long range sniper to throw firepower into any armoured targets or suppress out of existence irritating things. I dont see any real value to the variant shells. The HE ones keep high velcoity, loose one critical and impact and have a white dice instead of a red, seems stirctly worse for more points unless I am missing something? Bunker buster is okay but would rather keep my tank at range!

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in au
Blood-Drenched Death Company Marine






Getting hit by an Ion weapon would prevent you from shooting both main gun shots right? So having the HE shells means if you can only have 1 action you can still do some good?

EDIT: Also, I’m probably wrong, but 2 attack actions for Barrage means you have to do the attacks separately to each other right? So if dudes are in heavy cover or whatever, then they’d block more of your shots than if you’re doing more dice in 1 throw?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/02/12 01:35:16


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 ingtaer wrote:
Yep, thats pretty much where my thoughts began and ended. Keep it as a long range sniper to throw firepower into any armoured targets or suppress out of existence irritating things. I dont see any real value to the variant shells. The HE ones keep high velcoity, loose one critical and impact and have a white dice instead of a red, seems stirctly worse for more points unless I am missing something? Bunker buster is okay but would rather keep my tank at range!


The two attacks still require two actions, so you can't move and fire or aim or anything. Notably refreshing Lok Durd means you can't make both shots for example. Heavy cover will also cut into a pair of 4 dice pools a lot harsher than a single 6+1 roll.
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Has been announced that this delayed until at least March the 20th but will playable at worlds (FFG are even waiving the painting requirment for it) which takes place at Adepticon.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka





West Michigan, deep in Whitebread, USA

I wonder how much the China situation is going to affect FFG's already dodgy release rates?



"By this point I'm convinced 100% that every single race in the 40k universe have somehow tapped into the ork ability to just have their tech work because they think it should."  
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






And its delayed yet further, FFG have released an announcment that they are considering loaning AATs to people going to Worlds as they will not have the model available for sale in time. Though in this part of the world we dont have any of this wave released yet...

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
 
Forum Index » Fantasy Flight Miniature Games (Star Wars)
Go to: