Switch Theme:

Your 3d sculpting wishlist?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

On Facebook there was some interesting discussion about someone paying over 200 Euro for an unreleased 2nd edition squat. Curtis (Ramshackle Games) Fell pointed out that for that money you could hire a professional to sculpt a new one and roll out a few copies too.

And with the advent of Patreon and 3d printing this is more achievable than ever. So this this in mind, what's your sculpting wishlist?

I got a major one fulfilled this year without even asking when the Monsterous Encounters patreon did a line of Rogue Trader and then 2nd edition style Arbites. Haven't gotten them printed yet but wow, who ever thought?



My next crazy desire is for someone to revisit the 'Adventuerers', the very first line of Rogue Trader models and resculpt the lot of them.

I have 12 of them in various states of painting but y'know, gotta catch them all. And I'd totally accept a revisting of them.



The last one is totally insane and I can't even swear I'd buy them but... Growing up almost all the toy soldiers were the same Vietnam era guys in the same poses. And a version of them at 28mm in Cadian style uniforms would just make me smile.

Has to be the same poses though!



So what would like?


 
   
Made in us
Charing Cold One Knight






do you know if there are 3d sculpters accepting commissions? I have no time to learn the software, but I could imagine paying artists to commission works or bits for models / terrain.

anyways, my dream sculpting as of right now is a full elven town based on warhammer 2 total war. Buildings, towers, the works. I already know it's a pain in the arse to find medieval houses though, so I don't think I'd ever get specifically high elf houses just yet.

413th Lucius Exterminaton Legion- 4,000pts

Kaptin KlawJaw's FreeBootahz!-1,500pts

The Royal Court of BlüdGrave- 2,000pts || Atalurnos Fleetbreaker's Akhelian Corps- 2500pts
 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

 Tiger9gamer wrote:
do you know if there are 3d sculpters accepting commissions? I have no time to learn the software, but I could imagine paying artists to commission works or bits for models / terrain.

anyways, my dream sculpting as of right now is a full elven town based on warhammer 2 total war. Buildings, towers, the works. I already know it's a pain in the arse to find medieval houses though, so I don't think I'd ever get specifically high elf houses just yet.


I know, I know. Once I get a printer I imagine I will become a full patron of the miniature arts. This thread is for ideas.

 
   
Made in us
Charing Cold One Knight






 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
 Tiger9gamer wrote:
do you know if there are 3d sculpters accepting commissions? I have no time to learn the software, but I could imagine paying artists to commission works or bits for models / terrain.

anyways, my dream sculpting as of right now is a full elven town based on warhammer 2 total war. Buildings, towers, the works. I already know it's a pain in the arse to find medieval houses though, so I don't think I'd ever get specifically high elf houses just yet.


I know, I know. Once I get a printer I imagine I will become a full patron of the miniature arts. This thread is for ideas.


if that's the case then I may recommend looking into making alternate bits for AoS. there isn't a lot for it despite how popular it's becoming, and there could be a great market for alternate bits.

Case in point, a headswap for the bull helmeted hammer elves would make absolute bank...

413th Lucius Exterminaton Legion- 4,000pts

Kaptin KlawJaw's FreeBootahz!-1,500pts

The Royal Court of BlüdGrave- 2,000pts || Atalurnos Fleetbreaker's Akhelian Corps- 2500pts
 
   
Made in us
Yellin' Yoof




better plague monks and rat ogres, minotaurs.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka





6 foot underwater

Hmm, a full range of space zoats?

Or how about an upscaled set of the original marines - these guys:



Cadians look down on tnem, so a version in scale would be nice.

cyborks & flyboyz : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/300067.page
heretical ramblings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/302773.page
imperial preachings : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/303365.page
Da Waaagh-ky Races : http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/325045.page
Briancj: You have the Mek Taint, MT, and the only thing we can do is watch in horror/amazement.

 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

Another one!

Panicked civilians! In the last few years there've been tons of good sci fi civilians, Colony 87 (now at Crooked Dice) and Maelstrom's Edge's Broken come immediately to mind. But a couple of panicking civilians for bases or scenarios would be cool. I did a few on Herofroge but haven't painted them yet.








 
   
Made in gb
Buttons Should Be Brass, Not Gold!






Norn Iron

Well in the spirit of the first couple of examples, the ol' C11 halflings.

https://www.rolljordan.com/sol3/www.solegends.com/citc/c11halflings.html

Why 3D (or should I say digital) sculpting specifically, though?
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

 Vermis wrote:
Well in the spirit of the first couple of examples, the ol' C11 halflings.

https://www.rolljordan.com/sol3/www.solegends.com/citc/c11halflings.html

Why 3D (or should I say digital) sculpting specifically, though?


There's a lot of digital sculptors out there on Patreon or other platforms who'll do commissions. And if they do it digitally there's no need for molds or mailing samples or whatnot. Plus editing in easy during the feedback process.

Really I would say for $200 you could get a line of similarly uniformed figures done by a talented artist. Something like the RT adventurers where each figure is different would be a lot more money but IG posed like old toy soldiers would be cheaper.

 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

Thinking of getting an Ender 3, so I’m just looking for great terrain. I can make my own, but laziness factor is strong with me.

What I’d like to see would be boardgame companies release 3D sculpts of their models after the games are out. That way I can build an army of models from games without having to buy multiple copies.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
*







I’m always on the lookout for modern looking Saturnine Pattern Terminators STLs.

No luck so far...but I remain hopeful!

Ha!

   
Made in us
Tormentor






St. Louis

 Alpharius wrote:
I’m always on the lookout for modern looking Saturnine Pattern Terminators STLs.

No luck so far...but I remain hopeful!

Ha!


IIRC there's several on Cults3d. Lemme see if I can dig them up.
   
Made in gb
Buttons Should Be Brass, Not Gold!






Norn Iron

 Kid_Kyoto wrote:
There's a lot of digital sculptors out there on Patreon or other platforms who'll do commissions. And if they do it digitally there's no need for molds or mailing samples or whatnot. Plus editing in easy during the feedback process.


I still have faith in the ol' analogue undo button.
   
Made in us
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh





Norwalk, Connecticut

Parts to use to make greater daemons out of the leftover bits. You get a bunch of arms, heads, and in the case of BT’s in the Skarbrand kit...even legs. Help me do something with them!

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I'd hate to live there.

Manchu wrote:I'm a Catholic. We eat our God.


Due to work, I can usually only ship any sales or trades out on Saturday morning. Please trade/purchase with this in mind.  
   
Made in us
Napoleonics Obsesser




MN

I have a variety of games I make that are model agnostic, but not all....

Therefore, I would really like the following.....

1. Alternate V1 Aeronautica Imperialis Sculpts for some homebrew aircraft designs

2. Sculpts of 40K wet navy warships and submarines for my Aquaunautica Imperialis games. I have sculpted some myself, but they are not easy to reproduce and I want a larger range.

3. Female mounted Jousting Knight and retinue

4. A few Historical Gladiator types that are females/Little People

5. Line of Olympian Gods in 54mm for Of Gods and Mortals (especially Athena and Artemis)

I am sure there are more, but that is what I have off the top of my head.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/04/29 15:18:16


Do you like Free Wargames?
http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Tail-spinning Tomb Blade Pilot






 timetowaste85 wrote:
Parts to use to make greater daemons out of the leftover bits. You get a bunch of arms, heads, and in the case of BT’s in the Skarbrand kit...even legs. Help me do something with them!

Yeah, things like this really make me want to learn how to use ZBrush.

Also, I've seen some work other people have done making custom "Bretonnian" style miniatures that are really nice.

I'd love to be able to make custom bits for my eventual Word Bearers army I'd like to do as well. For the project I am working on now, my Necrons, I have yet to see Necron terrain that really captures what I'd want. I am not sure what I want, but I know I have no seen it yet.

"Wir sehen hiermit wieder die Sprache als das Dasein des Geistes." - The Phenomenology of Spirit 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Earlobe deep in doo doo

 Easy E wrote:
I have a variety of games I make that are model agnostic, but not all....

5. Line of Olympian Gods in 54mm for Of Gods and Mortals (especially Athena and Artemis)



Mythic Battles Pantheon had excellent approx 54mm models for both.

"But me no buts! Our comrades get hurt. Our friends die. Falkenburg is a knight who swore an oath to serve the church and to defend the weak. He'd be the first to tell you to stop puling and start planning. Because what we are doing-at risk to ourselves-is what we have sworn to do. The West relies on us. It is a risk we take with pride. It is an oath we honour. Even when some soft southern burgher mutters about us, we know the reason he sleeps soft and comfortable, why his wife is able to complain about the price of cabbages as her most serious problem and why his children dare to throw dung and yell "Knot" when we pass. It's because we are what we are. For all our faults we stand for law and light.
Von Gherens This Rough Magic Lackey, Flint & Freer
Mekagorkalicious -Monkeytroll
2017 Model Count-71
 
   
Made in eg
[MOD]
Keeper of the Adeptus Arbites Flame






Cairo, Egypt

Oh add some sort of Catachan Carl Weathers to the list.

Kay.

Bye.

 
   
Made in it
Reliable Krootox






Man, the old 40k stuff brings me out in nostalgic happiness! Ah for the rough and tumble days of the Imperial Army...

Personally, rough rider bits (like the olden days), modern takes on classic RT era stuff.

That and more options for everything!

Mind you, given that my day job's entire environment is imploding (aviation) I think there's a big risk I'll end up having to develop out my Zbrush hobby into a vaguely functioning career!
   
Made in us
[DCM]
*







 Laughing Man wrote:
 Alpharius wrote:
I’m always on the lookout for modern looking Saturnine Pattern Terminators STLs.

No luck so far...but I remain hopeful!

Ha!


IIRC there's several on Cults3d. Lemme see if I can dig them up.


I would appreciate it - thank you!

I've tried searching using every term I could think of, but realize that people are occasionally...sensitive...about how they name them so as to avoid...attention?

   
Made in gb
Wise Ethereal with Bodyguard







Are you aware of this thread?

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/787757.page


Doesnt look like the STLs are generally available, but you might be able to get a private agreement with the sculptor.

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in us
VF-1S Valkyrie Squadron Commander





Mississippi

Screw "infantry". My wishlist is for 1/56 scale Macross/Robotech mechs and Battletech mechs, in HIPS plastic. Preferably, transformable

It never ends well 
   
Made in us
Tail-spinning Tomb Blade Pilot






Oh, I just realized what I really want in 3D files.

28 (or so) mm scale GI Joe figures done in the same late 80's/early 90's style.

I need to get learning. I guess I know what to repurpose my gaming computer for...

Like inflatablefriend, my job might well and not exist soon (oil related though, in my case).

"Wir sehen hiermit wieder die Sprache als das Dasein des Geistes." - The Phenomenology of Spirit 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





I'd kind of like to see more power-specific models for some of the options in the Daemon codex. The default Soul Grinder can be dedicated to Slannesh, but no matter how you paint it the thing is going to stick out as not looking very much like the rest of the list. Something closer to the top half of a Keeper of Secrets melded into the head of a Venom Crawler would be a closer fit, but that's a very expensive conversion.

   
Made in us
Napoleonics Obsesser




MN

 H wrote:
Oh, I just realized what I really want in 3D files.

28 (or so) mm scale GI Joe figures done in the same late 80's/early 90's style.

I need to get learning. I guess I know what to repurpose my gaming computer for...

Like inflatablefriend, my job might well and not exist soon (oil related though, in my case).


+Infinity for this.....



Also, if someone could point me to a Mythic Gods models for sale at retail I would appreciate it.

Do you like Free Wargames?
http://bloodandspectacles.blogspot.com/ 
   
Made in us
Tail-spinning Tomb Blade Pilot






 Easy E wrote:
+Infinity for this.....

I found some pretty decent tutorials for Zbrush, but learning will be real slow for me, I think. Also, turns out it would be cheaper to buy a monitor and keyboard/mouse rather than a realistically functional KVM, so now I have to figure out where to put another computer set-up in the house...

"Wir sehen hiermit wieder die Sprache als das Dasein des Geistes." - The Phenomenology of Spirit 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Heroic Senior Officer





Gone-to-ground in the craters of Coventry

 H wrote:
Oh, I just realized what I really want in 3D files.

28 (or so) mm scale GI Joe figures done in the same late 80's/early 90's style.
Got models? Get scanning Then rescale to suit.

4000 pts - 3500 pts - 3500 pts - Harlies: 1000 pts - 1000 ptsDS:70+S+G++MB+IPw40k86/f+D++A++/cWD64R+T(T)DM+
IG/AM force nearly-finished pieces: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-38888-41159_Armies%20-%20Imperial%20Guard.html
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw (probably)
Clubs around Coventry, UK 
   
Made in us
Tail-spinning Tomb Blade Pilot






 Skinnereal wrote:
Got models? Get scanning Then rescale to suit.

Don't you need a special sort of scanner to do that? But in any case, my actual figures were lost/destroyed years ago...

"Wir sehen hiermit wieder die Sprache als das Dasein des Geistes." - The Phenomenology of Spirit 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Heroic Senior Officer





Gone-to-ground in the craters of Coventry

Maybe to get a proper scan. But, I downloaded an app to do it with my phone. It's worth a try, to get the model into the system to tweak.

4000 pts - 3500 pts - 3500 pts - Harlies: 1000 pts - 1000 ptsDS:70+S+G++MB+IPw40k86/f+D++A++/cWD64R+T(T)DM+
IG/AM force nearly-finished pieces: http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/images-38888-41159_Armies%20-%20Imperial%20Guard.html
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw (probably)
Clubs around Coventry, UK 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
*







 Flinty wrote:
Are you aware of this thread?

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/787757.page


Doesnt look like the STLs are generally available, but you might be able to get a private agreement with the sculptor.


I wasn't aware of it - would love the STLs for that - I'll send a PM...who knows, maybe they'll even answer it!

Thank you for posting that - the search for Saturnine/MKI Pattern terminators continues!
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Discussions
Go to: