One of the reasons why the community in my area is taking so much effort to grow:
What usually happens when I recruit RL friends to play Kill Team:
1. I explain what it is.
2. I enumerate and explain (some or all of) the factions.
3. We play with my pre-built squads and start with 50-point ones and no specialisms. Some leave, some get intrigued.
4. At some point, we play the full game with, again, my pre-built squads (100 points and with specialisms).
5. In an effort to convince them how fascinating the game is, I want them to make their own lists. I introduce loadouts and the points ceilings (100 and 125).
6. I hit a wall trying to make them use BattleScribe and get the usual apprehensive questions: "Is it user-friendly?" "Wait, I've to install something now?" "It looks complex."
I made this video so I can show them how stupendously easy it is to use.
Sharing this here as I'm sure you've a couple of friends who are like some of mine.
Edit: Fixed a typo.