Switch Theme:

Sororitas Rhino  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Hello guys,

Just this last weekend I have decided to visit my local GW store once more. I haven't been there since the pandemic started. So I browsed the stuff on the shelves and saw the Rhino of the sisters. INTRIGUED, I picked it up only to be shocked by the price tag:

45 Euros for a common Rhino?!

It's even more expensive than a LRBT (42.50 Euros)!
I just walked away in disgust.
   
Made in gb
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




It does have an entire extra sprue in it, compared to the standard Rhino.

Seems this costs £7.50/10 euros.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99120108039_RhinoDetailSprues01.jpg

So it contains more than "a common Rhino", at least in fancy bits, although barely more in terms of actual plastics.
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Also GW up's the price of new SKU's all the time. If GW repacks the rhino for marines with new box art it would be going up as well. That's why asking for new models to replace old ones(looking at you IG...) is risky You go from 22.5£ for 10 to 32.5£(or more) for 10 when that happens.

LRBT if repacked with no new contents added would likely cost 50-60 euro's now...


Automatically Appended Next Post:
On flipside you can at least spice it up 3 or so rhino's from 1 kit so 1 sister rhino and 2 marine rhino gives you 3 sister rhino's.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/29 10:11:00


12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in us
Monster-Slaying Daemonhunter





 Strg Alt wrote:
Hello guys,

Just this last weekend I have decided to visit my local GW store once more. I haven't been there since the pandemic started. So I browsed the stuff on the shelves and saw the Rhino of the sisters. INTRIGUED, I picked it up only to be shocked by the price tag:

45 Euros for a common Rhino?!

It's even more expensive than a LRBT (42.50 Euros)!
I just walked away in disgust.


It's a pink tax

But yeah, the old Immolator and Rhino kits were $45, the new Rhino is $60 and new Immolator is $75. Considering they just did a repackage of the Rhino like a year ago, it's kind of silly.


All of my Rhinos are just regular Rhinos, which is how it used to be done before everything got extra frills on it, since the extra sprue that came with the Immolator and Exorcist came with a nametag defilade commander bit and a helmeted and unhelmeted head. Given that I have "enough" Immolators and Exorcists, I have these bits for days so I can keep buying the regular rhino kit.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/06/29 10:35:48


Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades! 
   
Made in gb
Khorne Chosen Marine Riding a Juggernaut




 Inquisitor Lord Katherine wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
Hello guys,

Just this last weekend I have decided to visit my local GW store once more. I haven't been there since the pandemic started. So I browsed the stuff on the shelves and saw the Rhino of the sisters. INTRIGUED, I picked it up only to be shocked by the price tag:

45 Euros for a common Rhino?!

It's even more expensive than a LRBT (42.50 Euros)!
I just walked away in disgust.


It's a pink tax

But yeah, the old Immolator and Rhino kits were $45, the new Rhino is $60 and new Immolator is $75. Considering they just did a repackage of the Rhino like a year ago, it's kind of silly.


All of my Rhinos are just regular Rhinos, which is how it used to be done before everything got extra frills on it, since the extra sprue that came with the Immolator and Exorcist came with a nametag defilade commander bit and a helmeted and unhelmeted head. Given that I have "enough" Immolators and Exorcists, I have these bits for days so I can keep buying the regular rhino kit.


As a new sisters player I wanted my rhinos to be visually different from my others for my chaos marines, since who really enjoys painting the same rhino chassis repeatedly?

What I did was find some decent quality 1st/2nd ed deimos rhinos 2nd hand, got 2 for a little over £20.

They're a touch smaller but sisters are smaller than marinea and nobody I play with minds, they appreciate the more unique appearance.
   
Made in it
Wild Wyrdboy with Minderz




Italy

These are the new GW prices. 10 man squads of power armor dudes kits were 30 euro and SM rhino was 29 until 2018, now they're 40ish and the new battle sisters 10 man squad is 45, just like their rhino.

Basically small characters are 30, infantry regular squads are 45, 5 man elites also 45, small vehicles (like buggies) are 40, small tanks like rhinos are 45 and more deadly tanks are 60-75.

Orks 7000
Space Wolves 5000
 
   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






There is quite a lot of bling on the SoB Rhino sprue, so it should be pretty easy to get one SoB Rhino and one or two Marine Rhinos and spread the bling among them.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Fictional wrote:
It does have an entire extra sprue in it, compared to the standard Rhino.
No it doesn't. The Rhino kit comes with the regular Marine accessory sprue and the parts to make a Razorback. The SoB Rhino loses both those sprues, gains the Sisters accessory sprue in its place, and jumps in price by 163%.

   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Crimson wrote:
There is quite a lot of bling on the SoB Rhino sprue, so it should be pretty easy to get one SoB Rhino and one or two Marine Rhinos and spread the bling among them.


Yeah blinging up 2 more from 1 ain't problem if you don't insist on every rhino having exact same bling.3 more(besides the first rhino you get from kit itself) might get bit thin.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/29 12:13:11


12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in us
Jealous that Horus is Warmaster




Australia

It's a very nice (albeit small) upgrade sprue, crammed with stuff, but the price is ridiculous

Sons of Horus 29th Company
Legio Magna 
   
Made in fr
Hallowed Canoness





Dudeface wrote:
As a new sisters player I wanted my rhinos to be visually different from my others for my chaos marines, since who really enjoys painting the same rhino chassis repeatedly?

If you manage to get some of the old Immolator kit, you'll get the best looking Sisters of Battle rhinos. They are slightly taller than a normal rhino, but looks SO GOOD compared to the new rhino or the marine rhino.

"Our fantasy settings are grim and dark, but that is not a reflection of who we are or how we feel the real world should be. [...] We will continue to diversify the cast of characters we portray [...] so everyone can find representation and heroes they can relate to. [...] If [you don't feel the same way], you will not be missed"
https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1268665798467432449/photo/1 
   
Made in gb
Frightening Flamer of Tzeentch




 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Fictional wrote:
It does have an entire extra sprue in it, compared to the standard Rhino.
No it doesn't. The Rhino kit comes with the regular Marine accessory sprue and the parts to make a Razorback. The SoB Rhino loses both those sprues, gains the Sisters accessory sprue in its place, and jumps in price by 163%.


Ah yes, i forgot they merged the Rhino and Razorback kits, with a price increase to boot.
   
Made in gb
Khorne Chosen Marine Riding a Juggernaut




 Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
As a new sisters player I wanted my rhinos to be visually different from my others for my chaos marines, since who really enjoys painting the same rhino chassis repeatedly?

If you manage to get some of the old Immolator kit, you'll get the best looking Sisters of Battle rhinos. They are slightly taller than a normal rhino, but looks SO GOOD compared to the new rhino or the marine rhino.


Sadly old immolators seem to cost as much as the new ones on the 2nd hand market atm. Then again almost all 2nd hand models are weirdly pricey right now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/06/29 13:42:13


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







 H.B.M.C. wrote:
Fictional wrote:
It does have an entire extra sprue in it, compared to the standard Rhino.
No it doesn't. The Rhino kit comes with the regular Marine accessory sprue and the parts to make a Razorback. The SoB Rhino loses both those sprues, gains the Sisters accessory sprue in its place, and jumps in price by 163%.


Increased by 163%? Just what the heck are the prices from a SM and SOB Rhino in Emuland?

UK has the following listed - and, yes, I know there is variance across different countries.

SM - £27.50
SOB - £35

Difference is £7.50, which is 27.2% - which is significant, especially for 1 sprue less in the box.

Is a SOB Rhino really nearly three times the price of a SM in your region, HBMC?

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Well not 3(that would be 300%). Australia has 55 vs 98. New zealand has it even worse. Luckily most of world isn't that bad.

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut







tneva82 wrote:
Well not 3(that would be 300%). Australia has 55 vs 98. New zealand has it even worse. Luckily most of world isn't that bad.


HBMC stated "jumping in price by 163%" - i.e., the price increased by 163% from the original cost, which would leave it at 263% of said original cost.

Increased by 63%, or "is now 163% of the price" - either would be valid.

SM @ 55, SOB @ 98, so a difference of 43, which would be an increase of 78% from the SM box - which, for what appears to be a sprue fewer than previously, is nuts.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Strg Alt wrote:
I just walked away in disgust.
It it the tragic humour of the sisters release. Players waited decades for affordable plastic to replace expensive metal, only to discover that the metal army would have been cheaper all along.

:p
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Dysartes wrote:
HBMC stated "jumping in price by 163%" - i.e., the price increased by 163% from the original cost, which would leave it at 263% of said original cost.
I knew someone wouldn't be able to figure out what I meant.

It it were a 200%+ change, I would have said so.

   
Made in fi
Courageous Space Marine Captain






 H.B.M.C. wrote:
I knew someone wouldn't be able to figure out what I meant.

Perhaps you should have actually typed what you meant then?

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Dysartes wrote:

SM @ 55, SOB @ 98, so a difference of 43, which would be an increase of 78% from the SM box - which, for what appears to be a sprue fewer than previously, is nuts.


Well it's not just sprues but release year. Repackage rhino now with new box art as only difference and you would be looking at more like 100$ in that currency as minimum.

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
4663
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: