Switch Theme:

9th Edition Errata SNAFUs  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Norn Queen






This thread is to document any "mistakes" in the 9th edition errata. I want to stress that it's entirely possible that GW intended to nerf Executioner Rounds and break Guilliman's revive, but it's also possible it might be an error.

The ones I know of:
Guilliman Errata changes the wrong sentence.
Bolt Sniper Rifle Executioner Rounds no longer ignore LOS.
The second half of the White Scars Chapter Tactic now applies to all models, not just Bikers.

Probably not a mistake: Harlequins Flip Belts no longer allow you to ignore enemy models when making a Normal Move or Advance.

Anyone else seen any others?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/20 20:08:18


Add me on Discord: BaconCatBug#0294
+++++List of documents required to play Warhammer 40,000 8th edition+++++
Disclaimer: My YMDC answers are from a "What the rules, as written (or modified by Special Snowflake FAQ) in the rulebooks, actually say" perspective, not a "What I wish the rules said" perspective. Even GW agrees with me, send an email to 40kfaq@gwplc.com for a confirmation reply "4. Apply The Rules As Written. If you still don’t have a satisfactory answer, use the rule just as it is written if you possibly can, even if you are not completely happy with the effect the rule has."
Mathhammer tables for 2D6 and 3D6 Charging with various re-roll abilities || Stylus CSS theme for DakkaDakka forums to hide black avatar background and fully hide ignored users. || Userscript to add a button to open all "[First Unread]" links on the page, hides the "[Blog View]" links, and adds a "Subscribed Threads" link to forum pages.  
   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




I doubt very much that the White Scars change is a mistake.
Its a complete sentence and thought (rather than juggling a partial sentence). Its also in line with the first sentence (which is also global to all their units)

As is, the change gives them a lot of benefits with primaris units. (Which should be obvious

If it only applied to bikes, it would currently _only_ work with meltaguns on old marine bikes, and scout bike shotguns and grenade launchers. That would be utterly horrible, even just as half a chapter tactic.

---
The main mistake here is it appears twice in the FAQ.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2020/07/20 20:32:22


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in au
Rookie Pilot




Brisbane

Voss wrote:
I doubt very much that the White Scars change is a mistake.
Its a complete sentence and thought (rather than juggling a partial sentence). Its also in line with the first sentence (which is also global to all their units)


It's a mistake.

Let's take a full force of Terminator Assault Squads and make them FAST!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/21 00:39:19


I will not rest until the Tabletop Imperial Guard has been reduced to complete mediocrity. This is completely reflected in the lore. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Slayer6 wrote:
Let's take a full force of Terminator Assault Squads and make them FAST!
Doesn't the second sentence of the White Scar trait allow them to advance and fire assault weapons without penalty? How would that impact Assault Terminators in any way?

   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




Yep.

WS Terminators could already advance and charge (or fall back and charge) per the first sentence of their chapter tactic (in the book). This new second sentence does literally nothing for them.

For old marines in general it does very little. Meltaguns, flamers, shotguns, plasma cutters on techmarines, one thing each on tartaros and cataphract terminators.

Primaris get a lot of use out of it...if you think negating a penalty with a specific class of weapon is important. (Which in some cases is very nice, but personally, advance or fall back and charge is far more important)

It raises the tactical value of auto bolter Intercessors and rubs salt in the wound of eradicators, but in general its just a neat little bonus.

It got changed because Bikers used to negate the heavy penalty AND the -1 to hit with assault weapons when advancing. With the heavy clause worked into the general system for non-infantry (including) bikes, it was a rather crappy second trait (that literally only affected bikers with meltaguns, scout bike shotguns and scout bike grenade launchers). Frankly it wasn't very good before, since it only affected the MM or HB on attack bikes.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at 2020/07/21 01:47:58


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

For me it's just another thing that's easy (easier, now) to remember. And given that my Primaris force is going to be a White Scar successor, I'm fine with that.

   
Made in us
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps




An overlooked thing that needs to be FAQed:

The GSC Tectonic Fragdrill.

This is a 'sector mechanicus structure' that works as a 'terrain feature' The former is meaningless in 9th edition, and the latter is specifically not a building (which are units). It has special rules for movement on the terrain feature and cover that don't mesh with the 9th edition rules at all. For example, it simply provides 'cover' which is meaningless without a type of cover (light, heavy, dense) and talks about other models receiving cover if they're '50% obscured,' which is pure gibberish in 9th.

Underground Egress basically doesn't play nice with the movement step and reinforcement step of the movement phase, but I can't be bothered to try to unpack it at this hour.

The GSC FAQ mentions this thing zero times, despite being functionally incompatible with multiple areas of the 9th edition rules.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/21 05:03:04


Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in de
Prophetic Blood Angel Librarian






Germany

The hammer of thunderance is not on the list of turret weapons, again.

UPDATES & ERRATA
*Page 86 – Grinding Advance
Change to read:
‘If this model Remains Stationary or moves under half speed
in its Movement phase (i.e. it moves a distance in inches less
than half of its current Move characteristic) it can shoot its
turret weapon twice in the following Shooting phase (the turret
weapon must target the same unit both times). The following
weapons are turret weapons: battle cannon; eradicator nova
cannon; exterminator autocannon; vanquisher battle cannon;
demolisher cannon; executioner plasma cannon; punisher
gatling cannon.’
   
Made in ca
Morphing Obliterator





The Frozen North

 p5freak wrote:
The hammer of thunderance is not on the list of turret weapons, again.

UPDATES & ERRATA
*Page 86 – Grinding Advance
Change to read:
‘If this model Remains Stationary or moves under half speed
in its Movement phase (i.e. it moves a distance in inches less
than half of its current Move characteristic) it can shoot its
turret weapon twice in the following Shooting phase (the turret
weapon must target the same unit both times). The following
weapons are turret weapons: battle cannon; eradicator nova
cannon; exterminator autocannon; vanquisher battle cannon;
demolisher cannon; executioner plasma cannon; punisher
gatling cannon.’
Probably intentional, given Specialist Detachments are no longer part of the game (as they see it).

Triggerbaby wrote:In summary, here's your lunch and ask Miss Creaver if she has aloe lotion because I have taken you to school and you have been burned.

Abadabadoobaddon wrote:I too can prove pretty much any assertion I please if I don't count all the evidence that contradicts it.
 
   
Made in de
Prophetic Blood Angel Librarian






Germany

Why are specialist detachments no longer part of the game ? The FAQ for vigilus defiant didnt remove special detachments.
   
Made in gb
Khorne Chosen Marine Riding a Juggernaut




Southampton, UK

Drukhari codex errata refers to Asuryani, not Drukhari

*Page 119 – Stratagems, Fire and Fade
Change the first sentence to read:
‘You can use this Stratagem after an Asuryani unit from your
army (excluding Aircraft) shoots in the Shooting phase.’
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch





 p5freak wrote:
Why are specialist detachments no longer part of the game ? The FAQ for vigilus defiant didnt remove special detachments.


Its under the matched play army rules bit that covers keywords and wotnot, not sure if its in brb or new ca

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/21 08:51:47


"AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED." 
   
Made in gb
Norn Queen






 Turnip Jedi wrote:
 p5freak wrote:
Why are specialist detachments no longer part of the game ? The FAQ for vigilus defiant didnt remove special detachments.


Its under the matched play army rules bit that covers keywords and wotnot, not sure if its in brb or new ca
No, it isn't. It's part of the Grand Tournament mission pack, it's nothing to do with the Eternal War missions. Vigilus is, for now, still legal for the Eternal War mission pack.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/21 08:53:07


Add me on Discord: BaconCatBug#0294
+++++List of documents required to play Warhammer 40,000 8th edition+++++
Disclaimer: My YMDC answers are from a "What the rules, as written (or modified by Special Snowflake FAQ) in the rulebooks, actually say" perspective, not a "What I wish the rules said" perspective. Even GW agrees with me, send an email to 40kfaq@gwplc.com for a confirmation reply "4. Apply The Rules As Written. If you still don’t have a satisfactory answer, use the rule just as it is written if you possibly can, even if you are not completely happy with the effect the rule has."
Mathhammer tables for 2D6 and 3D6 Charging with various re-roll abilities || Stylus CSS theme for DakkaDakka forums to hide black avatar background and fully hide ignored users. || Userscript to add a button to open all "[First Unread]" links on the page, hides the "[Blog View]" links, and adds a "Subscribed Threads" link to forum pages.  
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Drukhari had a Copy and Paste error

*Page 119 – Stratagems, Fire and Fade
Change the first sentence to read:
‘You can use this Stratagem after an Asuryani unit from your
army (excluding Aircraft) shoots in the Shooting phase.’

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/21 08:53:42


15k+
:harlequin: 4k
Beastmen 9500
CoS: 3500

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch





 BaconCatBug wrote:
 Turnip Jedi wrote:
 p5freak wrote:
Why are specialist detachments no longer part of the game ? The FAQ for vigilus defiant didnt remove special detachments.


Its under the matched play army rules bit that covers keywords and wotnot, not sure if its in brb or new ca
No, it isn't. It's part of the Grand Tournament mission pack, it's nothing to do with the Eternal War missions. Vigilus is, for now, still legal for the Eternal War mission pack.


I stand corrected there then Bug, still feels like a soft squatting mind, well till the reasonably priced book with the updated version appears

"AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED." 
   
Made in ch
Warped Arch Heretic of Chaos





Crispy78 wrote:
Drukhari codex errata refers to Asuryani, not Drukhari

*Page 119 – Stratagems, Fire and Fade
Change the first sentence to read:
‘You can use this Stratagem after an Asuryani unit from your
army (excluding Aircraft) shoots in the Shooting phase.’


glorious


BTW, not sure if this counts but the IA FAQ for IMperium lists Elysians Snipers and their sniperrifles specifically (even though they get most likely legended) as ignoring look out sir, yet other sniper rifles don't in this doccument now?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/21 09:13:35


   
Made in us
Preacher of the Emperor




Tacoma, WA, USA

 p5freak wrote:
The hammer of thunderance is not on the list of turret weapons, again.

UPDATES & ERRATA
*Page 86 – Grinding Advance
Change to read:
‘If this model Remains Stationary or moves under half speed
in its Movement phase (i.e. it moves a distance in inches less
than half of its current Move characteristic) it can shoot its
turret weapon twice in the following Shooting phase (the turret
weapon must target the same unit both times). The following
weapons are turret weapons: battle cannon; eradicator nova
cannon; exterminator autocannon; vanquisher battle cannon;
demolisher cannon; executioner plasma cannon; punisher
gatling cannon.’
Still in the Vigilus Defiant FAQ, where it rightfully belongs.
   
Made in us
Blood Angel Terminator with Lightning Claws



Sioux Falls, SD

Minor one but invictor warsuits having a heavy bolter that becomes a pistol within an inch of an enemy was not updated to say within engagement range or to just remove that rule as now you can fire all the other weapons in melee or just the pistol(heavy bolter).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/21 14:18:14


Blood for the bloo... wait no, I meant for Sanguinius!  
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Slayer6 wrote:
Voss wrote:
I doubt very much that the White Scars change is a mistake.
Its a complete sentence and thought (rather than juggling a partial sentence). Its also in line with the first sentence (which is also global to all their units)


It's a mistake.

Let's take a full force of Terminator Assault Squads and make them FAST!

They were literally already the fastest with the Advance + Charge AND the ability to fall back and charge so...

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




Tau Stabilization Systems custom Sept tenet currently does nothing (it permits Monsters and Vehicles to fire heavy weapons the move without penalty), and was not updated for 9th to actually, you know, do something.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







TheAvengingKnee wrote:
Minor one but invictor warsuits having a heavy booster that becomes a pistol within an inch of an enemy was not updated to say within engagement range or to just remove that rule as now you can fire all the other weapons in melee or just the pistol(heavy bolster).


Your autocorrect is having fun, unless the Invictor is actually using a large pillow for close range work...

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in us
Blood Angel Terminator with Lightning Claws



Sioux Falls, SD

 Dysartes wrote:
TheAvengingKnee wrote:
Minor one but invictor warsuits having a heavy booster that becomes a pistol within an inch of an enemy was not updated to say within engagement range or to just remove that rule as now you can fire all the other weapons in melee or just the pistol(heavy bolster).


Your autocorrect is having fun, unless the Invictor is actually using a large pillow for close range work...


Yes it seems to be having fun, The iPad auto correct annoys me to no end. It does feel like the heavy Bolter hits like a large pillow a lot of the time when I shoot with it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/21 14:18:50


Blood for the bloo... wait no, I meant for Sanguinius!  
   
Made in us
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!





Gainesville, VA

 p5freak wrote:
The hammer of thunderance is not on the list of turret weapons, again.
Spoiler:

UPDATES & ERRATA
*Page 86 – Grinding Advance
Change to read:
‘If this model Remains Stationary or moves under half speed
in its Movement phase (i.e. it moves a distance in inches less
than half of its current Move characteristic) it can shoot its
turret weapon twice in the following Shooting phase (the turret
weapon must target the same unit both times). The following
weapons are turret weapons: battle cannon; eradicator nova
cannon; exterminator autocannon; vanquisher battle cannon;
demolisher cannon; executioner plasma cannon; punisher
gatling cannon.’


It does not need to be. It is still shown in the Vigilus Defiant FAQ as being counted.


Q: Does the Hammer of Sunderance Relic count as a turret
weapon for the purposes of Grinding Advance?
A: Yes.


This is not a mistake.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/07/21 14:50:50


 
   
Made in gb
Norn Queen






Sterling191 wrote:
Tau Stabilization Systems custom Sept tenet currently does nothing (it permits Monsters and Vehicles to fire heavy weapons the move without penalty), and was not updated for 9th to actually, you know, do something.
You mean it hasn't been deleted like POTMS was.

Add me on Discord: BaconCatBug#0294
+++++List of documents required to play Warhammer 40,000 8th edition+++++
Disclaimer: My YMDC answers are from a "What the rules, as written (or modified by Special Snowflake FAQ) in the rulebooks, actually say" perspective, not a "What I wish the rules said" perspective. Even GW agrees with me, send an email to 40kfaq@gwplc.com for a confirmation reply "4. Apply The Rules As Written. If you still don’t have a satisfactory answer, use the rule just as it is written if you possibly can, even if you are not completely happy with the effect the rule has."
Mathhammer tables for 2D6 and 3D6 Charging with various re-roll abilities || Stylus CSS theme for DakkaDakka forums to hide black avatar background and fully hide ignored users. || Userscript to add a button to open all "[First Unread]" links on the page, hides the "[Blog View]" links, and adds a "Subscribed Threads" link to forum pages.  
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 Kcalehc wrote:
 p5freak wrote:
The hammer of thunderance is not on the list of turret weapons, again.
Spoiler:

UPDATES & ERRATA
*Page 86 – Grinding Advance
Change to read:
‘If this model Remains Stationary or moves under half speed
in its Movement phase (i.e. it moves a distance in inches less
than half of its current Move characteristic) it can shoot its
turret weapon twice in the following Shooting phase (the turret
weapon must target the same unit both times). The following
weapons are turret weapons: battle cannon; eradicator nova
cannon; exterminator autocannon; vanquisher battle cannon;
demolisher cannon; executioner plasma cannon; punisher
gatling cannon.’


It does not need to be. It is still shown in the Vigilus Defiant FAQ as being counted.


Q: Does the Hammer of Sunderance Relic count as a turret
weapon for the purposes of Grinding Advance?
A: Yes.


This is not a mistake.

Which is for last edition

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!





Gainesville, VA

Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Spoiler:
 Kcalehc wrote:
 p5freak wrote:
The hammer of thunderance is not on the list of turret weapons, again.
UPDATES & ERRATA
*Page 86 – Grinding Advance
Change to read:
‘If this model Remains Stationary or moves under half speed
in its Movement phase (i.e. it moves a distance in inches less
than half of its current Move characteristic) it can shoot its
turret weapon twice in the following Shooting phase (the turret
weapon must target the same unit both times). The following
weapons are turret weapons: battle cannon; eradicator nova
cannon; exterminator autocannon; vanquisher battle cannon;
demolisher cannon; executioner plasma cannon; punisher
gatling cannon.’


It does not need to be. It is still shown in the Vigilus Defiant FAQ as being counted.


Q: Does the Hammer of Sunderance Relic count as a turret
weapon for the purposes of Grinding Advance?
A: Yes.


This is not a mistake.

Which is for last edition


When the Errata says "IMPERIUM NIHILUS: VIGILUS DEFIANT Indomitus Version 1.0" at the top of it, and was edited July 13 same as the rest; I think its for this edition.
   
Made in us
Lieutenant General





Florence, KY

 Kcalehc wrote:
Slayer-Fan123 wrote:
Spoiler:
 Kcalehc wrote:
 p5freak wrote:
The hammer of thunderance is not on the list of turret weapons, again.
UPDATES & ERRATA
*Page 86 – Grinding Advance
Change to read:
‘If this model Remains Stationary or moves under half speed
in its Movement phase (i.e. it moves a distance in inches less
than half of its current Move characteristic) it can shoot its
turret weapon twice in the following Shooting phase (the turret
weapon must target the same unit both times). The following
weapons are turret weapons: battle cannon; eradicator nova
cannon; exterminator autocannon; vanquisher battle cannon;
demolisher cannon; executioner plasma cannon; punisher
gatling cannon.’


It does not need to be. It is still shown in the Vigilus Defiant FAQ as being counted.


Q: Does the Hammer of Sunderance Relic count as a turret
weapon for the purposes of Grinding Advance?
A: Yes.


This is not a mistake.

Which is for last edition


When the Errata says "IMPERIUM NIHILUS: VIGILUS DEFIANT Indomitus Version 1.0" at the top of it, and was edited July 13 same as the rest; I think its for this edition.

The 9th edition logo at the top of the document is also a dead giveaway...

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 BaconCatBug wrote:
Sterling191 wrote:
Tau Stabilization Systems custom Sept tenet currently does nothing (it permits Monsters and Vehicles to fire heavy weapons the move without penalty), and was not updated for 9th to actually, you know, do something.
You mean it hasn't been deleted like POTMS was.

And to add on to that, POTMS getting deleted means the Marine strat Vengeance of the Machine Spirit now has no legal targets.

   
Made in us
Blood Angel Terminator with Lightning Claws



Sioux Falls, SD

The Newman wrote:
 BaconCatBug wrote:
Sterling191 wrote:
Tau Stabilization Systems custom Sept tenet currently does nothing (it permits Monsters and Vehicles to fire heavy weapons the move without penalty), and was not updated for 9th to actually, you know, do something.
You mean it hasn't been deleted like POTMS was.

And to add on to that, POTMS getting deleted means the Marine strat Vengeance of the Machine Spirit now has no legal targets.


That is incorrect, VoTMS calls out specific vehicles by name and does not reference PoTMS.

Blood for the bloo... wait no, I meant for Sanguinius!  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





TheAvengingKnee wrote:
The Newman wrote:
 BaconCatBug wrote:
Sterling191 wrote:
Tau Stabilization Systems custom Sept tenet currently does nothing (it permits Monsters and Vehicles to fire heavy weapons the move without penalty), and was not updated for 9th to actually, you know, do something.
You mean it hasn't been deleted like POTMS was.

And to add on to that, POTMS getting deleted means the Marine strat Vengeance of the Machine Spirit now has no legal targets.


That is incorrect, VoTMS calls out specific vehicles by name and does not reference PoTMS.


[checks codex]

Well I'll be damned.

   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: