Switch Theme:

Necron Grand Illusion and Veil of Darkness  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





Grand Illusion: At the beginning of the first battle round, but before the first turn begins, you can remove the C’tan Shard of the Deceiver and/or up to D3 other friendly NECRONS units from the battlefield, then set them up again more than 12" from any enemy models. If you do so, these units cannot charge in your first turn.
Veil of Darkness: Once per battle, at the end of any of your Movement phases, the bearer can use the Veil of Darkness. When they do, the bearer, and up to one friendly <DYNASTY> INFANTRY unit within 3" of the bearer, are removed from the battlefield. Then, set up the bearer (and the second unit you chose, if any) anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9" from any enemy models (the second unit must be set up wholly within 6" of the bearer).


If I have first turn, can I remove and setup units in my opponents deployment zone turn one using Grand Illusion? Same question in regards to Veil of Darkness, can I pickup and place into my opponents deployment zone on turn one?
   
Made in us
Preacher of the Emperor




Tacoma, WA, USA

Yes, as long as you follow the rules restrictions.
   
Made in gb
Norn Queen






Yes, you can. It's not the first turn yet so the rules about reinforcements aren't in effect yet.

Add me on Discord: BaconCatBug#0294
+++++List of documents required to play Warhammer 40,000 9th edition+++++
Disclaimer: My YMDC answers are from a "What the rules, as written (or modified by Special Snowflake FAQ) in the rulebooks, actually say" perspective, not a "What I wish the rules said" perspective. Even GW agrees with me, send an email to 40kfaq@gwplc.com for a confirmation reply "4. Apply The Rules As Written. If you still don’t have a satisfactory answer, use the rule just as it is written if you possibly can, even if you are not completely happy with the effect the rule has."
Mathhammer tables for 2D6 and 3D6 Charging with various re-roll abilities || Stylus CSS theme for DakkaDakka forums to hide black avatar background and fully hide ignored users. || Userscript to add a button to open all "[First Unread]" links on the page, hides the "[Blog View]" links, and adds a "Subscribed Threads" link to forum pages.  
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User





Awesome, thanks!
   
Made in us
Captain of the Forlorn Hope





Chicago, IL

 MikeRizzLe wrote:
Same question in regards to Veil of Darkness, can I pickup and place into my opponents deployment zone on turn one?
 BaconCatBug wrote:
Yes, you can. It's not the first turn yet so the rules about reinforcements aren't in effect yet.
Even for Veil of Darkness? It seems that the first turn rules about reinforcements are in effect for that one.

"Did you notice a sign out in front of my chapel that said "Land Raider Storage"?" -High Chaplain Astorath the Grim Redeemer of the Lost.

I sold my soul to the devil and now the bastard is demanding a refund!

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made.
 
   
Made in gb
Norn Queen






 DeathReaper wrote:
 MikeRizzLe wrote:
Same question in regards to Veil of Darkness, can I pickup and place into my opponents deployment zone on turn one?
 BaconCatBug wrote:
Yes, you can. It's not the first turn yet so the rules about reinforcements aren't in effect yet.
Even for Veil of Darkness? It seems that the first turn rules about reinforcements are in effect for that one.
Teleporting isn't reinforcements. Only units that start the game not on the battlefield are reinforcements.

You can use Veil of Darkness or Da Jump turn 1 just fine as they are not reinforcements.

My apologies, the comment about "the first turn rules about reinforcements" only applies to Grand Illusion, I should have made that more clear. And even then, the rule about Reinforcements applies to neither since neither are Reinforcements as defined by the BRB.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2020/09/15 20:30:18


Add me on Discord: BaconCatBug#0294
+++++List of documents required to play Warhammer 40,000 9th edition+++++
Disclaimer: My YMDC answers are from a "What the rules, as written (or modified by Special Snowflake FAQ) in the rulebooks, actually say" perspective, not a "What I wish the rules said" perspective. Even GW agrees with me, send an email to 40kfaq@gwplc.com for a confirmation reply "4. Apply The Rules As Written. If you still don’t have a satisfactory answer, use the rule just as it is written if you possibly can, even if you are not completely happy with the effect the rule has."
Mathhammer tables for 2D6 and 3D6 Charging with various re-roll abilities || Stylus CSS theme for DakkaDakka forums to hide black avatar background and fully hide ignored users. || Userscript to add a button to open all "[First Unread]" links on the page, hides the "[Blog View]" links, and adds a "Subscribed Threads" link to forum pages.  
   
Made in de
Prophetic Blood Angel Librarian






Germany

 MikeRizzLe wrote:

If I have first turn, can I remove and setup units in my opponents deployment zone turn one using Grand Illusion? Same question in regards to Veil of Darkness, can I pickup and place into my opponents deployment zone on turn one?


You can also do that when you dont have first turn.
   
Made in us
Captain of the Forlorn Hope





Chicago, IL

 BaconCatBug wrote:
 DeathReaper wrote:
 MikeRizzLe wrote:
Same question in regards to Veil of Darkness, can I pickup and place into my opponents deployment zone on turn one?
 BaconCatBug wrote:
Yes, you can. It's not the first turn yet so the rules about reinforcements aren't in effect yet.
Even for Veil of Darkness? It seems that the first turn rules about reinforcements are in effect for that one.
Teleporting isn't reinforcements. Only units that start the game not on the battlefield are reinforcements.

You can use Veil of Darkness or Da Jump turn 1 just fine as they are not reinforcements.

My apologies, the comment about "the first turn rules about reinforcements" only applies to Grand Illusion, I should have made that more clear. And even then, the rule about Reinforcements applies to neither since neither are Reinforcements as defined by the BRB.
But teleporting fits the definition of reinforcements, did it change that much in 9th?

"Did you notice a sign out in front of my chapel that said "Land Raider Storage"?" -High Chaplain Astorath the Grim Redeemer of the Lost.

I sold my soul to the devil and now the bastard is demanding a refund!

We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made.
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 DeathReaper wrote:
 BaconCatBug wrote:
 DeathReaper wrote:
 MikeRizzLe wrote:
Same question in regards to Veil of Darkness, can I pickup and place into my opponents deployment zone on turn one?
 BaconCatBug wrote:
Yes, you can. It's not the first turn yet so the rules about reinforcements aren't in effect yet.
Even for Veil of Darkness? It seems that the first turn rules about reinforcements are in effect for that one.
Teleporting isn't reinforcements. Only units that start the game not on the battlefield are reinforcements.

You can use Veil of Darkness or Da Jump turn 1 just fine as they are not reinforcements.

My apologies, the comment about "the first turn rules about reinforcements" only applies to Grand Illusion, I should have made that more clear. And even then, the rule about Reinforcements applies to neither since neither are Reinforcements as defined by the BRB.
But teleporting fits the definition of reinforcements, did it change that much in 9th?


Yes. Reinforcements are units that start the battle in a location other than the battlefield. (Step 2 in the Movement phase, after step 1. Move Units is for Reinforcement)
   
Made in gb
Norn Queen






 DeathReaper wrote:
But teleporting fits the definition of reinforcements, did it change that much in 9th?
Yes, it did change in 9th.
Some units have a rule that allows them to start the battle in a location other than on the battlefield; units that use such rules are called Reinforcements, and they will arrive later in the battle as described by their rule.

Add me on Discord: BaconCatBug#0294
+++++List of documents required to play Warhammer 40,000 9th edition+++++
Disclaimer: My YMDC answers are from a "What the rules, as written (or modified by Special Snowflake FAQ) in the rulebooks, actually say" perspective, not a "What I wish the rules said" perspective. Even GW agrees with me, send an email to 40kfaq@gwplc.com for a confirmation reply "4. Apply The Rules As Written. If you still don’t have a satisfactory answer, use the rule just as it is written if you possibly can, even if you are not completely happy with the effect the rule has."
Mathhammer tables for 2D6 and 3D6 Charging with various re-roll abilities || Stylus CSS theme for DakkaDakka forums to hide black avatar background and fully hide ignored users. || Userscript to add a button to open all "[First Unread]" links on the page, hides the "[Blog View]" links, and adds a "Subscribed Threads" link to forum pages.  
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Furioso Blood Angel Dreadnought





Stevenage, UK

Note that these particular rules, in stating that the units are simply removed and then "set up" on the battlefield, now bear a lot more in common with how embarking and disembarking works than any kind of reserves.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/09/15 23:42:21


"Hard pressed on my right. My centre is yielding. Impossible to manoeuvre. Situation excellent. I am attacking." - General Ferdinand Foch  
   
 
Forum Index » 40K You Make Da Call
Go to: