Switch Theme:

Death Guard Heros 3 availability?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Implacable Skitarii





North-East UK

So, I've been waiting for this release in the UK for a while since they were announced in Japan a while ago. When looking at the Warhammer Community articles I don't see anywhere, where it states that those were going to be a limited sale. When I went to order the pack it's told me that they are no longer available to buy. When looking at Ebay it looks like the Scalpers have gotten to them and are selling them at £120+.

This has peeved me off immensely because if I knew they were 'limited' I would have acted on buying them quicker. They would have made fine additions and taken off a unit in my checklist. I feel this is something to mention elsewhere to GW on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/08 02:36:02


Black Templars: WIP
Night Lords (30/40k): WIP
Red Corsairs: WIP
Iron Warriors: WIP
Orks: 6000pts
Batman Miniatures Game: Mr.Freeze, Joker 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

On the bight side....
You could be an American getting ripped off by GW to the tune of $100 for 3 Varanguard (chaos cavalry for Sigmar). That's $33.333 per horse. Nice models, but not THAT nice..... And you speak disparagingly about EBay scalpers....

   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

ccs wrote:
You could be an American getting ripped off by GW to the tune of $100 for 3 Varanguard (chaos cavalry for Sigmar).
US$100? Is that all. Sounds like a bargain in my part of the world.

   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







ccs wrote:
On the bight side....
You could be an American getting ripped off by GW to the tune of $100 for 3 Varanguard (chaos cavalry for Sigmar). That's $33.333 per horse. Nice models, but not THAT nice..... And you speak disparagingly about EBay scalpers....



I mean, that unit is still £60 over here, so it isn't like they're particularly cheap for what they are.

And in both currencies we're talking RRP, as far as I can tell, not "buy item, treble the price, list on eBay", which is an entirely different can of rotten herring.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






 The Warp Forge wrote:
So, I've been waiting for this release in the UK for a while since they were announced in Japan a while ago. When looking at the Warhammer Community articles I don't see anywhere, where it states that those were going to be a limited sale. When I went to order the pack it's told me that they are no longer available to buy. When looking at Ebay it looks like the Scalpers have gotten to them and are selling them at £120+.

This has peeved me off immensely because if I knew they were 'limited' I would have acted on buying them quicker. They would have made fine additions and taken off a unit in my checklist. I feel this is something to mention elsewhere to GW on.


Same here. I assumed they were going to stick around, so I would have ordered them along with the DG release in December. Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

 H.B.M.C. wrote:
ccs wrote:
You could be an American getting ripped off by GW to the tune of $100 for 3 Varanguard (chaos cavalry for Sigmar).
US$100? Is that all. Sounds like a bargain in my part of the world.


I'm always amazed that you guys aren't THE home of 3d printing & re-casting for this stuff.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut






ccs wrote:
 H.B.M.C. wrote:
ccs wrote:
You could be an American getting ripped off by GW to the tune of $100 for 3 Varanguard (chaos cavalry for Sigmar).
US$100? Is that all. Sounds like a bargain in my part of the world.


I'm always amazed that you guys aren't THE home of 3d printing & re-casting for this stuff.


I'm honestly surprised there isn't a massive production of recast in countries that don't observe copyright protection. By mass producing and selling at a 3rd the price they could make a killing.
   
Made in ie
Regular Dakkanaut





Ireland

Wayland Games in the UK have these for pre-order with 20% discount. Just got the set for a fiver less than GW.
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






I just received a mail from the store where I placed my pre-orders that my order has been shipped.
They also called BS on GW telling stores that they have sold out everything online, commenting that the store in question most likely sold more than they ordered.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in gb
Nurgle Predator Driver with an Infestation






Got mine through my flgs. Confirmation yesterday he got them and should arrive in the post today. Was pretty surprised to see them sell out so quickly. Was thinking that maybe the whole set's limited to encourage people to buy the single packs

Chaos | Tau | Space Wolves
Death | SCE | Nurgle
 
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




darksphere.co.uk got a stack of the full set in today, for those still looking.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







Baltika wrote:
darksphere.co.uk got a stack of the full set in today, for those still looking.


Can confirm - about 50 full dispensers still available, if current stock levels are accurate.

2019 Plog - Dysartes Twitches - 2019 Output

My Twitch stream - going live at 7pm GMT Tuesday & Thursday, 12pm Sunday (work permitting).

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.
 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




 SergentSilver wrote:


I'm honestly surprised there isn't a massive production of recast in countries that don't observe copyright protection. By mass producing and selling at a 3rd the price they could make a killing.


From what I understand first the production is or at least was booming, and antipod players order a lot of recasts from china

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Jidmah wrote:
I just received a mail from the store where I placed my pre-orders that my order has been shipped.
They also called BS on GW telling stores that they have sold out everything online, commenting that the store in question most likely sold more than they ordered.
This is something we seemingly have to go through every release like this...

GW's "online store" stock is separate to the stock for their actual shops which is again separate to their stock for independents. They very well could sell out of their online store stock while having stock for independents and their actual shops.

When we have those instances of things like Space Hulk "being found in the warehouse!" or the like? It's more often than not that it was cancelled orders or orders that were made through the webstore terminals in their shops that weren't paid for by the end of the weekend.
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






I was referring to a poster here on dakka whose retailer claimed that they couldn't fulfill their order because GW had sold all their stock online.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/15 20:10:31


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Right behind you.

 Jidmah wrote:
I was referring to a poster here on dakka whose retailer claimed that they couldn't fulfill their order because GW had sold all their stock online.

Who said that? Because the closest I've seen in this thread is the OP saying that they couldn't buy them because they were sold out.

Which I'll agree 100% needs to be addressed by GW if this truly was a "one and done" or if future-casts will be done. Because these were produced in the UK rather than China/Japan. I nabbed one yesterday at an indie shop that I was buying some Star Wars Legion stuff at and was surprised to see "Made in the UK" on it as the Series 2 stuff I built for a local from Barnes and Noble didn't say that.

Looks like whoever designs the sprues is the same as the people doing Malifaux and stuff for FFG as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/15 20:19:35


 
   
Made in de
Waaagh! Ork Warboss on Warbike






It wasn't on this thread (in news probably?), I for sure wouldn't have asked my seller about if I had imagined it

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: