Switch Theme:

TIPS needs you - army deal feedback/discussion  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus





United States

Hello Dakka!

As some of you may have seen in the news and rumors board, I am one of the two idiots at Two Idiots Printing Service, or TIPS.

We are a licensed printer for peculiar companions, and are working to expand our available options, including more ranges as well.

One of the things we have done is draft and put up on the website several value-purchase army deals. These are, as you would expect, 1 click deals designed to get you several units for your army at once.

We have been pricing these at $95, and they include anywhere between $130 and $140 in value if you purchased them separately through our webstore.

Two of the ranges for peculiar companions where we have had pause in creating these army deals are the turkic-mongol dark elves and the central european inspired dwarves. Mainly because the unit types are not 100% typical to what you would field in say, a warhammer dark elf army, or a dwarf force.

And so, we come to you for your thoughts and feedback. If you take a look at the link below we have a section for the army deals we currently have on offer, as well as the individual units in their own collections by army.

1.What would you like to see in an army deal?

2. What would be more enticing for you to purchase?

3. would themed infantry and cavalry packs be better?

https://two-idiots-printing-service.myshopify.com/collections

If necessary I would be happy to bulk upload images to imgur.

We thank you for your time, and your input.

kind regards,

The TIPS team.

I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

I make bases, movement trays, texture material, and other items.

myself and a business partner also rent out our 3D printers. if you need print time, message me. 
   
Made in gb
Twisted Trueborn with Blaster




Genuinely?

I'd like to see the actual figures, painted and unpainted.

It's just a(n admittedly pretty) picture until then.
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps





Earlobe deep in doo doo

I'd certainly swap the Spanish heavy infantry for Dwarven heavy infantry in the dwarfen deal. I suspect thats a typo. While these army deals look interesting. I'd probably start with troop, regiment and horde deals of 10, 20 & 40 models for infantry and 5 & 10 for cavalry as that provides an incentive to buy but more control in proportions to the customer. It'll also be easier for you to work out. Those numbers are also incidentally the correct size for both Kings of War and Oathmark.

"But me no buts! Our comrades get hurt. Our friends die. Falkenburg is a knight who swore an oath to serve the church and to defend the weak. He'd be the first to tell you to stop puling and start planning. Because what we are doing-at risk to ourselves-is what we have sworn to do. The West relies on us. It is a risk we take with pride. It is an oath we honour. Even when some soft southern burgher mutters about us, we know the reason he sleeps soft and comfortable, why his wife is able to complain about the price of cabbages as her most serious problem and why his children dare to throw dung and yell "Knot" when we pass. It's because we are what we are. For all our faults we stand for law and light.
Von Gherens This Rough Magic Lackey, Flint & Freer
Mekagorkalicious -Monkeytroll
2017 Model Count-71
 
   
Made in us
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus





United States

 Llamahead wrote:
I'd certainly swap the Spanish heavy infantry for Dwarven heavy infantry in the dwarfen deal. I suspect thats a typo. While these army deals look interesting. I'd probably start with troop, regiment and horde deals of 10, 20 & 40 models for infantry and 5 & 10 for cavalry as that provides an incentive to buy but more control in proportions to the customer. It'll also be easier for you to work out. Those numbers are also incidentally the correct size for both Kings of War and Oathmark.


Typo fixed. Thank you so much for pointing that out.

those numbers are already available for infantry and cavalry on their own separate pages from the drop down menu


Automatically Appended Next Post:
stroller wrote:
Genuinely?

I'd like to see the actual figures, painted and unpainted.

It's just a(n admittedly pretty) picture until then.


While I understand your commentary, I would like to point out that we are adding pictures of physical prints as time goes by (The spanish on their individual pages are an example.)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/13 00:39:59


I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

I make bases, movement trays, texture material, and other items.

myself and a business partner also rent out our 3D printers. if you need print time, message me. 
   
Made in ca
Junior Officer with Laspistol





London, Ontario

1: I’m not doing any fantasy armies right now. Have you considered 40k related models?

2: A one-of-each collection would be neat for RPG’ers. Finding a nice batch of assorted minis for gaming can be tough.

3: For myself, I don’t mind repeats in a unit, but I’d say 5 poses (maybe with variants added to make 10?) Would be the minimum variety I would want before making a unit purchase. I am assuming these are one-piece models? So my advice would be to expand each unit to that minimum degree of variety.
   
Made in us
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus





United States

 greatbigtree wrote:
1: I’m not doing any fantasy armies right now. Have you considered 40k related models?

2: A one-of-each collection would be neat for RPG’ers. Finding a nice batch of assorted minis for gaming can be tough.

3: For myself, I don’t mind repeats in a unit, but I’d say 5 poses (maybe with variants added to make 10?) Would be the minimum variety I would want before making a unit purchase. I am assuming these are one-piece models? So my advice would be to expand each unit to that minimum degree of variety.


1. We are looking into other lines. We're currently backed to the commercial level on Txarli factory's "army of the sands" tomb kings esque range. We would happily take suggestions for sci fi.

2. I can definitely look into this. thank you.

3. So we don't actually sculpt these. We are simply a licensed printer for, at present, Peculiar Companions. As such, we are limited to what he releases. generally speaking infantry is 2-3 poses with 6 total variants (armor/head-wear, facial features.) Cavalry is anywhere between 3 and 6 variants as well.

Most of this is multi-part actually, but those parts are essentially main body - hand, hand, potentially shield.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/13 01:40:08


I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

I make bases, movement trays, texture material, and other items.

myself and a business partner also rent out our 3D printers. if you need print time, message me. 
   
Made in no
Boom! Leman Russ Commander






Oslo Norway

Some size-comparisons would be nice. From experience, many 3D models are too big for my use, and while the spanish look good, I would not dare to buy them without knowing how they stack up to known minis.

   
Made in us
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus





United States

 Illumini wrote:
Some size-comparisons would be nice. From experience, many 3D models are too big for my use, and while the spanish look good, I would not dare to buy them without knowing how they stack up to known minis.


Scale shots https://imgur.com/gallery/XABpUc7

I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

I make bases, movement trays, texture material, and other items.

myself and a business partner also rent out our 3D printers. if you need print time, message me. 
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

HeresyLab does Sci fi that looks warhammerish. Raygun Raptors has a specific niche of Sci fi.

The tomb kings army sounds interesting, too.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh, and Highlord Tamburlaine’s Obscurities in Miniature channel is constantly reviewing printed miniatures that look awesome...if only someone would print them for those without resin printers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/11/13 17:13:25


   
Made in us
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus





United States

 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
HeresyLab does Sci fi that looks warhammerish. Raygun Raptors has a specific niche of Sci fi.

The tomb kings army sounds interesting, too.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh, and Highlord Tamburlaine’s Obscurities in Miniature channel is constantly reviewing printed miniatures that look awesome...if only someone would print them for those without resin printers.


Bob, I'd like to get more detailed about which of highlord tamburlaines featured printed minis you like. We'd like to be strategic in our attempts to get more licenses for printing, you see.

Also, because I have you here: I'm not sure if I ever received that email you mentioned you would send in our news thread. If you still need assistance, feel free to send us an email.

I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

I make bases, movement trays, texture material, and other items.

myself and a business partner also rent out our 3D printers. if you need print time, message me. 
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

Sent an email and placed an order. Thanks for reminding me.

I didn’t think about licensing fees and such. I’ll try to be more careful with my suggestions.

   
Made in us
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus





United States

 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
Sent an email and placed an order. Thanks for reminding me.

I didn’t think about licensing fees and such. I’ll try to be more careful with my suggestions.


oh no, thats fine. and thanks for the order.

Let me clarify:

When i was asking you for more detail on your suggestion, I was meaning for you to recommend specific videos, so I could then do research and see if we could license to sell prints of those STLS.

I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

I make bases, movement trays, texture material, and other items.

myself and a business partner also rent out our 3D printers. if you need print time, message me. 
   
Made in us
Courageous Space Marine Captain





SoCal

When I get a chance, I’ll gather up some of my Asian Adventures and Raygun Raptor files to send your way. As for the Highlord videos, I’ll take a look back through his catalogue when I get a chance and see which ones I’m most interested in. I’ll try not to recommend anything I’m not willing to buy in the somewhat near term.*


*I often end up waiting a year before buying miniatures. For example, Battlefleet Helios recently released some new resin spaceships that I’m interested in. However, I out off purchasing them at least until the next set of resins come out so I can make one big purchase and save on shipping.

   
Made in us
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus





United States

 BobtheInquisitor wrote:
When I get a chance, I’ll gather up some of my Asian Adventures and Raygun Raptor files to send your way. As for the Highlord videos, I’ll take a look back through his catalogue when I get a chance and see which ones I’m most interested in. I’ll try not to recommend anything I’m not willing to buy in the somewhat near term.*


*I often end up waiting a year before buying miniatures. For example, Battlefleet Helios recently released some new resin spaceships that I’m interested in. However, I out off purchasing them at least until the next set of resins come out so I can make one big purchase and save on shipping.


That is fair sir. I occasionally do the same as shipping can become prohibitive.

I play: AOS Death, AOS Cities of Sigmar, 40K imperial soup.

I make bases, movement trays, texture material, and other items.

myself and a business partner also rent out our 3D printers. if you need print time, message me. 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka Discussions
Go to: