Switch Theme:

500p Custodes - Need help!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in no
Fresh-Faced New User




Hey guys!

Me and my brother are long time players of AoS. We would now like to dabble a bit in 40k.
But it feels a bit overwhelming to be honest. So we decided to start easy with an escalation league.

I'm starting a Custodes army, because awesome, and would love som ideas for a 500p army.
Do you guys have any tips or intel here?

Sincerely, Dejnar
   
Made in pl
Fixture of Dakka




Probably starting with the buying three boxs of custodes jetbikers and a box of infantry, is good start.

Some problems with custodes is that a lot of their core units are FW.

Also 500pts for custodes is brutal, it is really hard to make a working army that size with them. A jetbike captin, unit of jetbikes and a troop option could maybe fit in to 500pts, but am not sure about that.

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in eu
Dakka Veteran




Dejnar wrote:
Hey guys!

Me and my brother are long time players of AoS. We would now like to dabble a bit in 40k.
But it feels a bit overwhelming to be honest. So we decided to start easy with an escalation league.

I'm starting a Custodes army, because awesome, and would love som ideas for a 500p army.
Do you guys have any tips or intel here?

Sincerely, Dejnar


Custodes are very strong at 500p so you can't really make wrong choices here, especially for friendly games. In my opinion, buy the models from the custodes range that you like best visually. You can't go wrong with a box or two of custodian guard. You can build your standard custodian guard troops (spears or shields), a vexillus praetor and a shield captain from that box.
Jetbikes are really brutal in a 500p game, but you can never really go wrong with those. Allarus terminators are also a strong option at 500p. One shield captain on foot, 3 custodian guard with storm shields and 3 terminators are already 486points, so you don't need a lot of models to get a working list with custodes.
   
Made in gb
Wrathful Warlord Titan Commander






London

You won't fit much in a 500pt game, perhaps at the most 6 models. This may work in your favour as you'd only need 1 box of Guardians in that case.

Seeing as we're no longer basically obliged to take a Battalion at 500pts, you could try:

Shield Captain - 100pts
3x Guardians - 160pts
1x Vexilla - 120pts
Points are rough estimates

Comes to roughly 380/400pts. With that you could add a couple of extra Guardians. Once you get to the 1000pts area, you could add some Allarus, Vertus or even branch out into the FW stuff. Venatari are pretty stellar at the moment with the right stratagems.


   
Made in gb
Mighty Brass Scorpion of Khorne





Why Aye Ya Canny Dakkanaughts!

During a recent campaign I played in I played as Custodes. In the first game (500pts) I ran:

Shield Captain on Bike - Warlord, Lockwarden, Auric Aquilas, misericordia
Vexilla - Vexilla Magnifica, Castellan Axe, misericordia
4x Guardians - 2x board and sword, 2x Spears

Exactly 500pts.

It was actually the closest I came to losing in the Campaign since the sisters player I played against sniped my Vexilla with zephyrim and swamped my Captain after he killed the Cannoness, I finished that game with a single Custodian Guard left. In fact, the only reason I won because my opponent forgot to actually play the objectives and just went for the kill.

Still, a fun little army and the Captain went on to become the most broken unit in the game by the end of the campaign.

Ghorros wrote:
The moral of the story: Don't park your Imperial Knight in a field of Gretchin carrying power tools.
 Marmatag wrote:
All the while, my opponent is furious, throwing his codex on the floor, trying to slash his wrists with safety scissors.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f***ing what." - Stephen Fry
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Generaly for games under 1k points you just use PL and even it out for both players.

25pl is 500pts up to 50pl for 1k points.

JOIN MY CRUSADE and gain 4000 RT points!
http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-PLCIKYCABW8PG 
   
Made in gb
Mighty Brass Scorpion of Khorne





Why Aye Ya Canny Dakkanaughts!

 Eihnlazer wrote:
Generaly for games under 1k points you just use PL and even it out for both players.

25pl is 500pts up to 50pl for 1k points.

Use power level? Ew.

Ghorros wrote:
The moral of the story: Don't park your Imperial Knight in a field of Gretchin carrying power tools.
 Marmatag wrote:
All the while, my opponent is furious, throwing his codex on the floor, trying to slash his wrists with safety scissors.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f***ing what." - Stephen Fry
 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Yes for 1k and under games.

Theres a reason they suggest PL for crusade.

JOIN MY CRUSADE and gain 4000 RT points!
http://www.eternalcrusade.com/account/sign-up/?ref_code=EC-PLCIKYCABW8PG 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: