Switch Theme:

Make Ork Boyz Great Again  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




MOBGA

Does anyone else miss playing with or against massive armies of Boyz? Not even just green tide lists, but a competitive list with 60-90 Boyz in it? I personally miss bringing a horde to the table, even if it wasn't true Green Tide. It was always nice to plunk 2-3 blobs on the table and then fill in the rest with specialists and vehicles.

When they announced boyz were going to T5 everyone was up in arms saying Boyz would be OP and orkz would dominate the meta with green tide, I think we can safely say at this point that those people were dead wrong. The last 7 Ork lists that placed in a GT/Major had a grand total of 10 Ork boyz between all 7 lists. So 90pts total out of 14,000.

For those unaware, Ork boyz in prior editions were 6ppm, they gained T5 and went from S4 on the charge to base S4 and are now 9ppm. 9pts for a T5 model sounds pretty good except that Orkz are also just about the only faction that gives a damn about Morale.

In previous editions Ork boyz were all but fearless at the start to midpoint of the game. Mob rule meant you had to whittle down those units pretty heavily in order for orkz to start losing models to morale. They also had several abilities from HQs and elites that reduced morale issues, those are all fundamentally gone at this point.

To understand the issues, 30 Ork boyz used to cost 180pts, they now cost 270pts, that is a 50% increase in cost.
If a unit of 30 boyz got hit with 36 bolter shots, they would lose 10 models, or 60pts. They would be LD20 and incapable of failing morale at this point.
Now? A unit of 30 boyz gets hit with 36 bolter shots, instead of losing 10 they now lose 6.6 models. Sounds better right?...kind of, for starters, 6.6 boyz at 9ppm is 59.4pts, so they are basically the same as before when they were 6ppm but now they aren't immune to morale either. Unless they roll a 1 they fail morale and lose 1 more model, bringing them down to 22.4 boyz left, you then lose another 3.7ish to attrition bringing you down to 18.6 boyz left. So now instead of losing 10 models for a total of 60pts you lost 11.4 for a total of 102.6pts

To add to that even more, boyz lost access to most of their good/competitive stratagems like Endless Green Tide (respawn a dmg unit), fight twice, Mob up. etc. They also changed our kulture rules to make assault from deep strike less reliable, meaning you are stuck with a 9' charge from deep strike for most factions. Weirdboyz no longer get +1-3 for their casts by having boyz nearby and instead get to cast a 2nd power if there are 20 boyz nearby.

So to summarize, there are fewer/weaker buffs available for boyz, there are fewer/weaker stratagems available for boyz. Boyz are more expensive and somehow LESS durable when you factor in morale.

Maybe i'm the odd one out, but I miss boyz on the table, what do you guys say?

 Tomsug wrote:
Semper krumps under the radar

 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar






A lack of Boyz in Ork armies is a sad state of affairs.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut





Looks like GW wants Ork players to put Boyz in Trukks instead of fielding green blobs. Also an incentive for future Ork players who were previously intimidated with the prospect of painting a horde.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Part of this is the poor state of affairs with the DLC books. I bet at some point we'll see an army of reknown based around boyz that will get strats relevant to that play style.

I can see Boyz in general going down a point in CA, but probably not much more than that.

   
Made in us
Shadowy Grot Kommittee Memba






its pretty clear from the examples of wyches and skitarii that to make a light infantry unit that can perform worth its salt in the hyper-hyper-deadliness of 9th edition, it has to be so absurdly ridiculously overtuned in damage that it can just instantly shred anything it gets in range of.

the principle problem is that light infantry are the most likely units to be unable to be in position to deal damage right off the bat. They generally need to be transported, teleported by support units, moved in via stratagems, etc, unlike mobile units or more elite units which often come with those abilities stock or are such a huge percentage of the army list pointswise that spending 1cp to deep strike or infiltrate them is just an irrelevancy.

Do I think ork boyz should be given back a 'bring 'em in a big mob' bonus? Yes, absolutely, I think 'theyre a big huge mob and theyre basically unstoppable when theyre in a unit that big' is a really iconic part of what makes basic ork boyz perform like themselves and have a unique role alongside the supporting units like kommandos and stormboyz.

Do I think Ork Boyz' issues are in any way unique to them? No. GW completely transparently makes certain types of units artificially good or bad in certain editions in order to create manufactured discontent with players existing connections and to keep the competitive meta moving, because everybody hates when the competitive meta is solved, even when its solved in a fairly balanced 45%-55% winrate range by faction.

Just look at the various ways they hammered Tzaangors with the nerfbat for literally absolutely zero reason - they were nowhere near a competitive choice ANYBODY was taking ANYWHERE, and GW decided they needed:

-1 weapon skill
-1 leadership
-10 to their squad size cap
-no fight twice stratagem
-no re-roll vs characters ability
-Fatecaster Greatbows reworked into impossibly gakky sniper weapons on exalteds
-no potion ability on the shaman
-no access to the auras from your non-shaman HQs

Why? Because people bought those models when they released them in the previous codex, duhhh! they HAVE to be made artificially worse, or someone might decide to bring fewer rubric models in their thousand sons list, and that's not allowed to be a valid choice! (and before you donkey-caves get on me, I own ten tzaangors total. Ten. My list has been all rubrics and terminators since the 7E list)

There will ALWAYS be people who cheer this gak on. Always. Because people like their collection, and they hate any collection they lose a game against, any time they lose a game against them, and they will find some way to consider that player's model choices unfair bs they shouldnt be allowed to do. Coincidentally, this makes GW tons of money. Its almost like they encourage this attitude by purposefully nerfing things people get emotional about in punitive ways.




Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Daedalus81 wrote:
Part of this is the poor state of affairs with the DLC books. I bet at some point we'll see an army of reknown based around boyz that will get strats relevant to that play style.

I can see Boyz in general going down a point in CA, but probably not much more than that.


Nah its gonna be next codex. The cycle must continue!!!

at least at -1pt theyd be useful in MSU.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/16 18:50:32


"Got you, Yugi! Your Rubric Marines can't fall back because I have declared the tertiary kaptaris ka'tah stance two, after the secondary dacatarai ka'tah last turn!"

"So you think, Kaiba! I declared my Thousand Sons the cult of Duplicity, which means all my psykers have access to the Sorcerous Facade power! Furthermore I will spend 8 Cabal Points to invoke Cabbalistic Focus, causing the rubrics to appear behind your custodes! The Vengeance for the Wronged and Sorcerous Fullisade stratagems along with the Malefic Maelstrom infernal pact evoked earlier in the command phase allows me to double their firepower, letting me wound on 2s and 3s!"

"you think it is you who has gotten me, yugi, but it is I who have gotten you! I declare the ever-vigilant stratagem to attack your rubrics with my custodes' ranged weapons, which with the new codex are now DAMAGE 2!!"

"...which leads you straight into my trap, Kaiba, you see I now declare the stratagem Implacable Automata, reducing all damage from your attacks by 1 and triggering my All is Dust special rule!"  
   
Made in us
Lead-Footed Trukkboy Driver





 Strg Alt wrote:
Looks like GW wants Ork players to put Boyz in Trukks instead of fielding green blobs. Also an incentive for future Ork players who were previously intimidated with the prospect of painting a horde.


You want 10 boyz in a trukk, cause they limit specialist mobs for some reason.

Plus, if you don’t want to paint a horde, I’d look somewhere besides orks.

"Us Blood Axes hav lernt' a lot from da humies. How best ta kill 'em, fer example."
— Korporal Snagbrat of the Dreadblade Kommandos 
   
Made in dk
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker






I haven't played much since their new codex got released, I haven't had a chance to feel the difference. Ultimately it is something that can definitely be fixed by lowering pts cost by 1-2. At least they didn't get changed to Elites like Scouts did. The need for counting exactly how many Boyz were in a unit for Morale purposes was janky. The new Mob Rule is still Janky and way too limited IMO.

Something like Mob Rule (Aura): <CLAN> units from your army within 6" ignore modifiers to Combat Attrition tests If this unit has 11+ models.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/16 20:16:45


 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Khorne Dreadnought




 Some_Call_Me_Tim wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
Looks like GW wants Ork players to put Boyz in Trukks instead of fielding green blobs. Also an incentive for future Ork players who were previously intimidated with the prospect of painting a horde.


You want 10 boyz in a trukk, cause they limit specialist mobs for some reason.

Plus, if you don’t want to paint a horde, I’d look somewhere besides orks.


There's always been lots of ork forces thart aren't hordes in the traditional sense. In speed freaks, armoured kompanies & dread mobs, don't gatekeep the Orks behind a particular army build. Da more greenskins da betta!
   
Made in us
Lead-Footed Trukkboy Driver





Dudeface wrote:
 Some_Call_Me_Tim wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
Looks like GW wants Ork players to put Boyz in Trukks instead of fielding green blobs. Also an incentive for future Ork players who were previously intimidated with the prospect of painting a horde.


You want 10 boyz in a trukk, cause they limit specialist mobs for some reason.

Plus, if you don’t want to paint a horde, I’d look somewhere besides orks.


There's always been lots of ork forces thart aren't hordes in the traditional sense. In speed freaks, armoured kompanies & dread mobs, don't gatekeep the Orks behind a particular army build. Da more greenskins da betta!


You just horde vehicles or land lol, it’s a horde no matter what, compared to everyone else at least.

"Us Blood Axes hav lernt' a lot from da humies. How best ta kill 'em, fer example."
— Korporal Snagbrat of the Dreadblade Kommandos 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 Some_Call_Me_Tim wrote:

You just horde vehicles or land lol, it’s a horde no matter what, compared to everyone else at least.


Right. Nine ork vehicles in an army is a "horde," while nine vehicles in a Space Marine or Drukhari army is an "elite force."
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 vict0988 wrote:
I haven't played much since their new codex got released, I haven't had a chance to feel the difference. Ultimately it is something that can definitely be fixed by lowering pts cost by 1-2. At least they didn't get changed to Elites like Scouts did. The need for counting exactly how many Boyz were in a unit for Morale purposes was janky. The new Mob Rule is still Janky and way too limited IMO.

Something like Mob Rule (Aura): <CLAN> units from your army within 6" ignore modifiers to Combat Attrition tests If this unit has 11+ models.


You could lower boys down to 7ppm and nobody would take them except in MSU still. The problem is like I said, Orkz are about the only faction that give a damn about Morale. Marines generally show up in squads of 3-5 and are LD8, meaning you have to basically wipe the squad to have a chance of failing morale. SoB are the same way, TS are immune to morale, Tau are atm functionally fearless, necrons are functionally fearless, nids are functionally fearless etc.

Just so you know though, the new Mob rule is if you are near another unit that isn't below half strength you aren't either. Not to be overly negative...but who gives a damn? Boyz can be taken in mobs of 30 with LD7. You kill 6 and the mob loses 5 more to morale/attrition. I shouldn't be losing almost as many casualties to morale as I am losing to enemy fire. There is a reason why you have not seen a single competitive list featuring anything more than MSU boyz. I already mentioned it, but you can dig through the last 3 months and you will be hard pressed to find 5 units of MSU boyz in GT lists.

Also, I am well aware that you can use the restrictive "Breaking eads" strategy. What does that do? Instead of losing 4-5 Boyz you get to instead Pay 2CP for the privilege of killing D3 of your own boyz. Sorry that isn't a real solution to the problem, nor is the once a game auto-pass morale strat.

 Strg Alt wrote:
Looks like GW wants Ork players to put Boyz in Trukks instead of fielding green blobs. Also an incentive for future Ork players who were previously intimidated with the prospect of painting a horde.


I would be fine with Trukk boyz if it was a valid option, but its not.

First off, Boyz in a trukk are not competitive. There is nothing special about this style of play that makes it competitive, its also incredibly restrictive and expensive points wise. Boyz as mentioned went from 6ppm to 9ppm in 2 editions. Trukkz went from 35ppm to 70ppm So 10 trukkboyz with a naked Nob in a trukk is 160pts. Your opponent is guaranteed to get at least 1 full turn of shooting the hell out of you, and a 50/50 chance of getting 2 full turns of shooting you before you can get into combat. A trukk isn't exactly durable at T6 with a 4+ save.

Secondly, Trukk Boyz which are different from boyz in trukkz are a specialist mob which is somewhat competitive in my alphork strike list because they can move, get out, move, advance and charge in a single turn which gives them a massive threat range. Sadly its limited to 1 per detachment and the mob in question loses its kulture which is a big deal since even with -1AP choppas, boyz aren't that killy. If Boyz were allowed to keep their kulture and be Trukk Boyz there would be a good reason to take 30-60 boyz in a list, sadly at the moment that isn't the case which is why my list is an outlier in that it takes 3 units of trukk boyz.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Hankovitch wrote:
 Some_Call_Me_Tim wrote:

You just horde vehicles or land lol, it’s a horde no matter what, compared to everyone else at least.


Right. Nine ork vehicles in an army is a "horde," while nine vehicles in a Space Marine or Drukhari army is an "elite force."


9 Ork buggies is 810pts. 9 Space Marine vehicles is....probably closer to 1200-1500

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/16 22:13:00


 Tomsug wrote:
Semper krumps under the radar

 
   
Made in au
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Perhaps we'll get lucky, and in GWs next balance dataslate thing they'll make a tweak or two. They have shown they're willing to make sizable changes to how elements of an army function. See the Guard orders buff and the cron core buff. I'd love for us to have our core spread out a little more to match up with imperials.

Mob rule has only ever been weaker in 7th, when you had to roll a D3 and had a solid chance of losing a few models. And we had terrible leadership too.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar






SemperMortis wrote:

9 Ork buggies is 810pts. 9 Space Marine vehicles is....probably closer to 1200-1500
9 Rhinos for 720, Razorbacks with TL Heavy Bolters fpr 990.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Insectum7 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:

9 Ork buggies is 810pts. 9 Space Marine vehicles is....probably closer to 1200-1500
9 Rhinos for 720, Razorbacks with TL Heavy Bolters fpr 990.


Yes, but nobody is taking 9 Rhinos or razorbacks I could have just said 9 trukkz which is 630pts but again, nobody brings that many trukkz right now.

 Tomsug wrote:
Semper krumps under the radar

 
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Librarian with Freaky Familiar






SemperMortis wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:

9 Ork buggies is 810pts. 9 Space Marine vehicles is....probably closer to 1200-1500
9 Rhinos for 720, Razorbacks with TL Heavy Bolters fpr 990.


Yes, but nobody is taking 9 Rhinos or razorbacks I could have just said 9 trukkz which is 630pts but again, nobody brings that many trukkz right now.
Ok, 9 attack bikes!

Does anybody bring 9 SM vehicles these days? I used to bring 6 Rhino/Razors during 8th, but I haven't played my SM in 9th.

And They Shall Not Fit Through Doors!!!

Tyranid Army Progress -- With Classic Warriors!:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/743240.page#9671598 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 Insectum7 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:

9 Ork buggies is 810pts. 9 Space Marine vehicles is....probably closer to 1200-1500
9 Rhinos for 720, Razorbacks with TL Heavy Bolters fpr 990.


Yes, but nobody is taking 9 Rhinos or razorbacks I could have just said 9 trukkz which is 630pts but again, nobody brings that many trukkz right now.
Ok, 9 attack bikes!

Does anybody bring 9 SM vehicles these days? I used to bring 6 Rhino/Razors during 8th, but I haven't played my SM in 9th.


I don't think anyone brings any SM vehicles besides dreads and variants of dreads

 Tomsug wrote:
Semper krumps under the radar

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

SemperMortis wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:
 Insectum7 wrote:
SemperMortis wrote:

9 Ork buggies is 810pts. 9 Space Marine vehicles is....probably closer to 1200-1500
9 Rhinos for 720, Razorbacks with TL Heavy Bolters fpr 990.


Yes, but nobody is taking 9 Rhinos or razorbacks I could have just said 9 trukkz which is 630pts but again, nobody brings that many trukkz right now.
Ok, 9 attack bikes!

Does anybody bring 9 SM vehicles these days? I used to bring 6 Rhino/Razors during 8th, but I haven't played my SM in 9th.


I don't think anyone brings any SM vehicles besides dreads and variants of dreads


Not true! I mount my dreads & variant dreads in FW Dreadnought Drop Pods.

Seriously though, I DO use SM vehicles other than dreads.
My SW have: 1 Thunderhawk, 2 Dread Pods, 2 dreads (1 being Bjorn), 8 drop pods, & two fully magnitized speeders at their disposal.
My DA have: 3 Rhinos, 3 Las/Plas Razorbacks, 3 dreads, 1 whirlwind, 1 fully magnetized Predator, & 1 whirlwind.
   
Made in gb
Killer Klaivex




The dark behind the eyes.

SemperMortis wrote:
MOBGA

Does anyone else miss playing with or against massive armies of Boyz? Not even just green tide lists, but a competitive list with 60-90 Boyz in it? I personally miss bringing a horde to the table, even if it wasn't true Green Tide. It was always nice to plunk 2-3 blobs on the table and then fill in the rest with specialists and vehicles.


Certainly. I think horde (or horde-ish) armies are often the most fun to play against.

Even if you lose in the end, you at least generally get to feel like you're doing something by killing a lot of models (as opposed to playing a list of Knights or such, where you can often lose feeling as though you barely managed to kill nothing at all).


 Daedalus81 wrote:
Part of this is the poor state of affairs with the DLC books.


Opinion: A wargame should not have DLC. Period.

 the_scotsman wrote:
Yeah, when i read the small novel that is the Death Guard unit options and think about resolving the attacks from a melee-oriented min size death guard squad, the thing that springs to mind is "Accessible!"

 Argive wrote:
GW seems to have a crystal ball and just pulls hairbrained ideas out of their backside for the most part.


 Andilus Greatsword wrote:

"Prepare to open fire at that towering Wraithknight!"
"ARE YOU DAFT MAN!?! YOU MIGHT HIT THE MEN WHO COME UP TO ITS ANKLES!!!"


Akiasura wrote:
I hate to sound like a serial killer, but I'll be reaching for my friend occam's razor yet again.


 insaniak wrote:

You're not. If you're worried about your opponent using 'fake' rules, you're having fun the wrong way. This hobby isn't about rules. It's about buying Citadel miniatures.

Please report to your nearest GW store for attitude readjustment. Take your wallet.
 
   
Made in us
Confessor Of Sins




Tacoma, WA, USA

I think it can be safely said that Ork Boyz are overly expensive while the key buggies are undercosted. That won't necessarily fix the problem unless they make Boyz 6 points given how badly Morale messes them up.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






Well 1st no matter what, Orks needs a LD buff of huge proportions.

Do that first then see if there are more problems (there are but lets see if there are others before changing).

edit: spelling

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/17 00:03:34


15k+
Emperor's Spears 2k
Beastmen 10k
CoS: 3500

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in au
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





Bleh, just got flashbacks of the razorback spam days.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

 vipoid wrote:

Opinion: A wargame should not have DLC. Period.


Look, they've been making extra content since about Day #2 of RT. And before that WHFB 1e & 2e.... They aren't going to stop in your lifetime. And they don't care about your opinion on the subject.
So if you don't like it, there's the door.
   
Made in us
Fixture of Dakka






ccs wrote:
 vipoid wrote:

Opinion: A wargame should not have DLC. Period.


Look, they've been making extra content since about Day #2 of RT. And before that WHFB 1e & 2e.... They aren't going to stop in your lifetime. And they don't care about your opinion on the subject.
So if you don't like it, there's the door.


Extra content it 100% fine, completely broken day 1 DLC's match play (aka suppose to be balance rules) that should has been in the codices is not fine.

Having a cool new Subfaction that is not normally supported like Outclass Eldar, sure great, amazing, non event legal and fun for everyone. Or a narrative, new missions, or just cool new units, all great for bonus content.

15k+
Emperor's Spears 2k
Beastmen 10k
CoS: 3500

Reading/Writing LD, be kind!

https://maddpaint.blogspot.com 
   
Made in au
Dakka Veteran




Boys and Beast Snagga Boys could probably go down 1 point per model. Gretchin could probably go back to a 6+ save again, or buff their support characters.

Kommandos probably need to go up by minimum 2, possibly 4, they're far too good for their cost.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/11/17 01:09:25


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

Jarms48 wrote:
Boys and Beast Snagga Boys could probably go down 1 point per model.


Ooh, so buy 9 orks & get the 10th free.
Yes, that will solve the problem & encourage the return of hordes of Boyz to the table.....

Oh, wait. It won't. All you'll have are slightly cheaper Boyz not being used.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 vipoid wrote:

 Daedalus81 wrote:
Part of this is the poor state of affairs with the DLC books.


Opinion: A wargame should not have DLC. Period.


I am of two minds. In theory the ability to expand into more esoteric places seems great as well as giving them time to think up appropriate ideas. In practice it just feels like stripping out stuff that should exist in the first place to just sell it later ( not as much for AoR, but you get the idea ).


   
Made in us
Exalted Beastlord




 Amishprn86 wrote:
ccs wrote:
 vipoid wrote:

Opinion: A wargame should not have DLC. Period.


Look, they've been making extra content since about Day #2 of RT. And before that WHFB 1e & 2e.... They aren't going to stop in your lifetime. And they don't care about your opinion on the subject.
So if you don't like it, there's the door.


Extra content it 100% fine, completely broken day 1 DLC's match play (aka suppose to be balance rules) that should has been in the codices is not fine.

Having a cool new Subfaction that is not normally supported like Outclass Eldar, sure great, amazing, non event legal and fun for everyone. Or a narrative, new missions, or just cool new units, all great for bonus content.


Yeah, not a fan of $40 (or whatever) surcharge for the real Blood Axe or Leviathan rules, OR the 'if you don't play the specially curated subfactions, go feth yourself' attitude.
They can stick their 'supplements' somewhere uncomfortable.

Efficiency is the highest virtue. 
   
Made in gb
Rampaging Khorne Dreadnought




ccs wrote:
Jarms48 wrote:
Boys and Beast Snagga Boys could probably go down 1 point per model.


Ooh, so buy 9 orks & get the 10th free.
Yes, that will solve the problem & encourage the return of hordes of Boyz to the table.....

Oh, wait. It won't. All you'll have are slightly cheaper Boyz not being used.


Points aren't the main problem, as mentioned elsewhere the morale losses are what's hitting hard, but they also don't want to just make them functionally immune to morale again as that's a poor design choice.
   
Made in it
Gargantuan Gargant




Italy

SemperMortis wrote:


I don't think anyone brings any SM vehicles besides dreads and variants of dreads


Do SW count as SM?

I always bring 3 Razorbacks and either a LR Crusader or a Stormwolf. So, that's at least one player that brings vehicles besides dreads!

Back on topic, I'd also like to be better but in a way in which multiple numbers of boyz are appealing in an ork list. 20-30ish, like now, or 50-60 to a proper horde of 90+ guys. All brackets should be legit. Then boyz will truly be great again. If eventual buffs make greentides of 90+ boyz autoinclude again then I'd prefer to keep things as they currently are .

 
   
Made in it
Longtime Dakkanaut





Troops should work closely to the faction theme.

As such, IMO the correct fix is:
Boyz units automatically pass combat attrition tests during the first turn of WAAAGH.

Doesn't make them immune to morale, except during that one big turn where you go all out.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: