Switch Theme:

GW Christmas Model. It’s not Primaris.  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






How do!

A new treat for us. I guess.





Bawla and Burk will be available at your local Warhammer store between the 26th of December and the 2nd of January. Don’t worry if you can’t get out to get yours, because this perilous pair will then be made available on games-workshop.com between the 3rd of January and the 9th of January on a Made to Order basis – so everyone who wants these incredible miniatures can get them.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Huh, that's the second limited Ironjawz Boss this year, innit?

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






It is, alongside the WH+ exclusive.

I may end up with both.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






Definitely a bit more different than the Grimgor-esque Megaboss for WH+, though I kinda wish they had a helmed or less samey looking head. Definitely like the grot running away from the rat! Very surprised they chose Skaven, we'll see how much they charge for it.
   
Made in us
Is 'Eavy Metal Calling?





Affton, MO. USA

Bawla and Burk should have been some sort of Undead duo who reincarnate the dead or cause summoning to add more bodies.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Growlin' Guntrukk Driver with Killacannon





UK

Looks a lot like the current one. I like it though. I like the skaven theme going on here, that makes it pretty unique.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





I really like this model, and the paint scheme.
Don’t have Orcs, but would happily have this guy.
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






It’s also pleasing for Orc players, as they only have the single Megaboss model on foot right now.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Not as nice as the current one or the WH+ one. Also looks a bit small.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/06 16:42:01


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut






It's not a Megaboss though...
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





That'll be why then.
   
Made in be
Poisonous Kroot Headhunter





When I made a pact with the dark gods for GW to bring me more Skaven, this isn't quite what I'd imagined!

Nice enough model, oddly enough quite reminiscent of the metal Grimgorr just like the WH+ offering. (Well, it's an orc holding an axe and a head! )

   
Made in us
Been Around the Block





Is that a skaven mask that orc is holding up?
It's surely not a skaven head, as that is clearly sculpted to be something that is manufactured and not born.
Looks more like a rejected halloween model.
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






 Scrub wrote:
When I made a pact with the dark gods for GW to bring me more Skaven, this isn't quite what I'd imagined!

Nice enough model, oddly enough quite reminiscent of the metal Grimgorr just like the WH+ offering. (Well, it's an orc holding an axe and a head! )



Now. What’ve you learned about dabbling in Heresy? Hmmmmmmmmmm?


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Wiz Warrior wrote:
Is that a skaven mask that orc is holding up?
It's surely not a skaven head, as that is clearly sculpted to be something that is manufactured and not born.
Looks more like a rejected halloween model.


Rat Ogre bonce.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/06 18:07:19


Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

Pfizer vaccine administered 13:40pm 18 Feb 21. Still no second head. Second jab 13:35pm 6 May 2021. At the Masonic Hall. 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Wiz Warrior wrote:
Is that a skaven mask that orc is holding up?
It's surely not a skaven head, as that is clearly sculpted to be something that is manufactured and not born.
Looks more like a rejected halloween model.


Rat Ogre head?
   
Made in gb
Torch-Wielding Lunatic




Exeter, UK

Danny76 wrote:
I really like this model, and the paint scheme.
Don’t have Orcs, but would happily have this guy.


They do look so much better in red than the studios garish yellow scheme.
   
Made in de
Contagious Dreadnought of Nurgle




Someone didn't feel like painting eyes on that one

Looks good, but I'd still prefer the normal one which is one of my favourite GW models.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





Burk looks like a gnoblar. Or at least the ones that have debuted in warhammer underworlds. I’d actually be happy if the grots that accompanied iron jaws were mostly gnoblars

Also you can see he has warpstone in his pouch in the video but it’s black in the picture. Odd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/06 18:28:44


 
   
Made in ca
Sneaky Chameleon Skink




Michigan

Run, little goblin! Or Grot. Or Gnoblar.

Little pal.

I like it.
   
Made in lt
Longtime Dakkanaut






It's not Primaris, it's another generic cad model with some random new bits strapped on

   
Made in es
Grim Dark Angels Interrogator-Chaplain




Vigo. Spain.

Yeah I mean... is cool I guess? But at least it could have had a cool helmet or more unique armor or weapons.

 Crimson Devil wrote:

Dakka does have White Knights and is also rather infamous for it's Black Knights. A new edition brings out the passionate and not all of them are good at expressing themselves in written form. There have been plenty of hysterical responses from both sides so far. So we descend into pointless bickering with neither side listening to each other. So posting here becomes more masturbation than conversation.

ERJAK wrote:
Forcing a 40k player to keep playing 7th is basically a hate crime.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Galas wrote:
Yeah I mean... is cool I guess? But at least it could have had a cool helmet or more unique armor or weapons.


I think it'll be very, very, very rare if we actually get an ironjaw with a helmet. GW made their whole lore about them not liking helmets because its wussy and only the 'ard boyz have them. Which is why none of the large orruks have any form of helmet
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Mad Doc Grotsnik wrote:
It’s also pleasing for Orc players, as they only have the single Megaboss model on foot right now.

Um, that's not megaboss. That's brute boss, a glorified unit sergeant. And new AoS reinforcement rules make him kinda useless.

On a side note, I am surprised usual annoying clowns who start screeching every single time primaris range has badly needed hole plugged haven't flocked to this thread yet. After all, usual ""excuse"" of these dumb trolls is mumbling something about ""superfluous"" models (when even a child can see new addition is not and is in fact something tons of players asked for for years). You'd think they would arrive in force when a really superfluous, overpriced model is presented... What's that, crickets? Can you say 'rank hypocrisy'?

 Galas wrote:
Yeah I mean... is cool I guess? But at least it could have had a cool helmet or more unique armor or weapons.

Funnily enough, GW already did an extra unit of brutes with unique armor and weapons (which I bet will be cheaper than this dude, too) making the above dude even more pointless:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/orruk-warclans-morgoks-krushas-2021

If the above model was two Ironjawz, not brute and useless grot, you could at least combine them with Krushas to make alternative, differently looking unit of brutes. Alas, that would be actually useful addition to the range so we can't have that
   
Made in gb
Leader of the Sept







That goblin is adorable

Please excuse any spelling errors. I use a tablet frequently and software keyboards are a pain!

Terranwing - w3;d1;l1
51st Dunedinw2;d0;l0
Cadre Coronal Afterglow w1;d0;l0 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

 Irbis wrote:
On a side note, I am surprised usual annoying clowns who start screeching every single time primaris range has badly needed hole plugged haven't flocked to this thread yet. After all, usual ""excuse"" of these dumb trolls is mumbling something about ""superfluous"" models (when even a child can see new addition is not and is in fact something tons of players asked for for years). You'd think they would arrive in force when a really superfluous, overpriced model is presented... What's that, crickets? Can you say 'rank hypocrisy'?
What in the world are you blithering about?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/06 23:48:51


Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

 
   
Made in us
Water-Caste Negotiator




Les Etats Unis

 Irbis wrote:

On a side note, I am surprised usual annoying clowns who start screeching every single time primaris range has badly needed hole plugged haven't flocked to this thread yet. After all, usual ""excuse"" of these dumb trolls is mumbling something about ""superfluous"" models (when even a child can see new addition is not and is in fact something tons of players asked for for years). You'd think they would arrive in force when a really superfluous, overpriced model is presented... What's that, crickets? Can you say 'rank hypocrisy'?


Accusing someone of hypocrisy isn't an argument. Do you believe that this model and the endless stream of Primaris lieutenants are equally "superfluous and overpriced,", or do you support the existence of both?

Dudeface wrote:
 Eldarain wrote:
Is there another game where players consistently blame each other for the failings of the creator?

If you want to get existential, life for some.
 
   
Made in us
Screeching 2nd Gen Hybrid Acolyte






 Flipsiders wrote:
 Irbis wrote:

On a side note, I am surprised usual annoying clowns who start screeching every single time primaris range has badly needed hole plugged haven't flocked to this thread yet. After all, usual ""excuse"" of these dumb trolls is mumbling something about ""superfluous"" models (when even a child can see new addition is not and is in fact something tons of players asked for for years). You'd think they would arrive in force when a really superfluous, overpriced model is presented... What's that, crickets? Can you say 'rank hypocrisy'?


Accusing someone of hypocrisy isn't an argument. Do you believe that this model and the endless stream of Primaris lieutenants are equally "superfluous and overpriced,", or do you support the existence of both?


To be fair, most of the lieutenants are filling holes, namely gear that they're listed to be able to take but aren't modeled with. But that's more GW's fault for not making a single or even two kits (alalLeman Russ variants) with all the options.
   
Made in us
Water-Caste Negotiator




Les Etats Unis

 ProfSrlojohn wrote:
 Flipsiders wrote:
 Irbis wrote:

On a side note, I am surprised usual annoying clowns who start screeching every single time primaris range has badly needed hole plugged haven't flocked to this thread yet. After all, usual ""excuse"" of these dumb trolls is mumbling something about ""superfluous"" models (when even a child can see new addition is not and is in fact something tons of players asked for for years). You'd think they would arrive in force when a really superfluous, overpriced model is presented... What's that, crickets? Can you say 'rank hypocrisy'?


Accusing someone of hypocrisy isn't an argument. Do you believe that this model and the endless stream of Primaris lieutenants are equally "superfluous and overpriced,", or do you support the existence of both?


To be fair, most of the lieutenants are filling holes, namely gear that they're listed to be able to take but aren't modeled with. But that's more GW's fault for not making a single or even two kits (alalLeman Russ variants) with all the options.


Yeah, I was going to mention that. It's a perfect example of a company "finding a solution" to a problem of their own design.

Dudeface wrote:
 Eldarain wrote:
Is there another game where players consistently blame each other for the failings of the creator?

If you want to get existential, life for some.
 
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





Tampa,FL USA

 ProfSrlojohn wrote:
 Flipsiders wrote:
 Irbis wrote:

On a side note, I am surprised usual annoying clowns who start screeching every single time primaris range has badly needed hole plugged haven't flocked to this thread yet. After all, usual ""excuse"" of these dumb trolls is mumbling something about ""superfluous"" models (when even a child can see new addition is not and is in fact something tons of players asked for for years). You'd think they would arrive in force when a really superfluous, overpriced model is presented... What's that, crickets? Can you say 'rank hypocrisy'?


Accusing someone of hypocrisy isn't an argument. Do you believe that this model and the endless stream of Primaris lieutenants are equally "superfluous and overpriced,", or do you support the existence of both?


To be fair, most of the lieutenants are filling holes, namely gear that they're listed to be able to take but aren't modeled with. But that's more GW's fault for not making a single or even two kits (alalLeman Russ variants) with all the options.


? You have that the wrong way. GW puts out a LT then gives the entry the option to take the gear that model has. LTs can take Plasma Pistols because the DA one has it, they can take Stalkers because the LE model had it, etc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/07 00:12:52


You know you're really doing something when you can make strangers hate you over the Internet. - Mauleed
Just remember folks. Panic. Panic all the time. It's the only way to survive, other than just being mindful, of course-but geez, that's so friggin' boring. - Aegis Grimm
Hallowed is the All Pie
The Before Times: A Place That Celebrates The World That Was 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Irbis wrote:

Funnily enough, GW already did an extra unit of brutes with unique armor and weapons (which I bet will be cheaper than this dude, too) making the above dude even more pointless:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/orruk-warclans-morgoks-krushas-2021

If the above model was two Ironjawz, not brute and useless grot, you could at least combine them with Krushas to make alternative, differently looking unit of brutes. Alas, that would be actually useful addition to the range so we can't have that


I mean, that's kind of how I felt with slaves to darkness. With the underworld warband, you get three chaos warriors and a sorceress. Add in the new Holga Clovenhorn, and you're one model off from a unique unit of five chaos warriors (going off the assumption that you buy the start collecting and now the older (albeit decent) plastic kit). So close GW
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: