Switch Theme:

40k HQ releases  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Mighty Brass Scorpion of Khorne




Copying this over from B&C where Valrak has dropped the following:

Hello everyone, you may have already seen my video on the subject but thought I'd share it here as well. Hearing that next year leading up the launch of the new Edition are going to be some pretty big HQ reveals. Listed them below:

Dante
Azrael
Farsight
Named Daemon Prince
And the edition is then supposed to wrap up with the return of the Lion. Again, take them for what they are, as I always say, just because I trust the source doesn't mean you have to.
   
Made in gb
Lord of the Fleet






London

Wish I'd heard this before putting the finishing touches to my custom Farsight.
   
Made in de
Been Around the Block




Considering Valrak, like all CC’s, needs some content to generate income, I wouldn’t assume this to be more than an educated guess based on the rumoured 40k starter with BA’s. Farsight seems also likely by the sole fact that we had a recent rework of shadowsun and these are the 2 main front face tau chars. Named Deamon Prince could be likely part of the new kit and something likely for GW to do to sell the kit better. Just the Lion rumour is weird, but then again people love primarchs and why not after Guilleman. While this is my pinch of salt, it doesn’t mean that I would be upset to see these come true, especially as it would mean a new reliable rumour source close to Valrak
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





 Valkyrie wrote:
Wish I'd heard this before putting the finishing touches to my custom Farsight.


Touches can still be for model you can use as latest for quite a long time...


Automatically Appended Next Post:
charles_the_dead_lizzard wrote:
Considering Valrak, like all CC’s, needs some content to generate income, I wouldn’t assume this to be more than an educated guess based on the rumoured 40k starter with BA’s. Farsight seems also likely by the sole fact that we had a recent rework of shadowsun and these are the 2 main front face tau chars. Named Deamon Prince could be likely part of the new kit and something likely for GW to do to sell the kit better. Just the Lion rumour is weird, but then again people love primarchs and why not after Guilleman. While this is my pinch of salt, it doesn’t mean that I would be upset to see these come true, especially as it would mean a new reliable rumour source close to Valrak


Lion is constantly coming "Real Soon(tm)" according to rumours. Hardly weird. New primarch is rumoured all the time and it's either Lion or Russ in rumours. Haven't kept track which is more often but gut feeling says Lion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/10/05 12:41:01


2022 painted/bought: 681/867 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/10/05 12:45:06


 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.


He kept promising that every single warhammer reveal event was 100% for horus heresy.

If you say something often enough, eventually it’ll be true
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.


He has one source who he calls Alpharius. Anything that has come from them has come true
Anything from anyone else is pot luck. He is usually pretty good at saying which source is telling him a particular rumour.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/10/05 13:23:07


 
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.


Recently he said there'd be a Black Templar mini for Warhammer Day. He got Horus Ascended right too.
   
Made in gb
Tough Tyrant Guard





London

 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.


Valrak's source for the Lion release also got the Black Templars box and the new FW Horus model right FWIW.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 The Phazer wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.


Valrak's source for the Lion release also got the Black Templars box and the new FW Horus model right FWIW.


The Horus Miniature that was a pretty safe guess considering the end of the Heresy

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2022/10/05 13:34:15


 
   
Made in gb
Tough Tyrant Guard





London

 Mentlegen324 wrote:
 The Phazer wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.


Valrak's source for the Lion release also got the Black Templars box and the new FW Horus model right FWIW.


The Horus Miniature that was a pretty safe guess considering the end of the Heresy


Not really. GW haven't really done anything to tie the HH models to the novel series and the novel series probably isn't actually ending for another nine months yet.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 The Phazer wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
 The Phazer wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.


Valrak's source for the Lion release also got the Black Templars box and the new FW Horus model right FWIW.


The Horus Miniature that was a pretty safe guess considering the end of the Heresy


Not really. GW haven't really done anything to tie the HH models to the novel series and the novel series probably isn't actually ending for another nine months yet.


That they'd at some point move onto Chaos Corrupted Primarch models after finishing releasing the miniatures for their "normal" versions doesn't seem like some big unexpected thing to me. Especially not for Horus.
   
Made in gb
Mighty Brass Scorpion of Khorne




 Mentlegen324 wrote:
 The Phazer wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
 The Phazer wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.


Valrak's source for the Lion release also got the Black Templars box and the new FW Horus model right FWIW.


The Horus Miniature that was a pretty safe guess considering the end of the Heresy


Not really. GW haven't really done anything to tie the HH models to the novel series and the novel series probably isn't actually ending for another nine months yet.


That they'd at some point move onto Chaos Corrupted Primarch models after finishing releasing the miniatures for their "normal" versions doesn't seem like some big unexpected thing to me. Especially not for Horus.


The timing is the relevant factor here, he was specific and at the right time.
   
Made in ca
Hoary Long Fang with Lascannon






If true, all of these would be cool to see updated models for!

Primaris Dante would be sick.

Wolfspear's 2k
Harlequins 2k
Chaos Knights 2k
Spiderfangs 2k
Ossiarch Bonereapers 1k 
   
Made in ca
Angered Reaver Arena Champion





I sincerely wish this to be true. Would love to get a primaris Azrael and the Primarch.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





When he says edition wrap up for the Lion, I'm assuming that means the *end* of 10th edition?
   
Made in jp
Longtime Dakkanaut





Quasistellar wrote:
When he says edition wrap up for the Lion, I'm assuming that means the *end* of 10th edition?


No the end of ninth, like Guilliman came at the end of 7th.
   
Made in tw
Longtime Dakkanaut





While a primarch like the Lion or Russ might be enough for some to get all worked over, I'm afraid I'm feeling far, far too Dorny for either of them, or both of them to ever be what I need to scratch my itch.

   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Chikout wrote:
Quasistellar wrote:
When he says edition wrap up for the Lion, I'm assuming that means the *end* of 10th edition?


No the end of ninth, like Guilliman came at the end of 7th.


Guilliman came with the biggest update to the setting in years. A huge change both lore wise and miniature wise, with the setting being affected to its core. The idea that, barely even 2 editions after, people are bored already and think the potential of that update has been exhausted to the point they're clamouring for the foundations of the setting to be completely changed yet again by having another demi-god hero suddenly appear who will no doubt have to play an integral part in pretty much every significant event and plot from then on, moving the focus and scope of the setting even closer to being Horus Heresy 2.0 and all the negatives that entails, is just absurd to me.

   
Made in us
Ultramarine Terminator with Assault Cannon






I'm curious if Dante will be Primaris. I thought the lore was he would not cross the Rubicon because the risk of it killing him was a risk not worth taking.
   
Made in gb
Dakka Veteran




 oni wrote:
I'm curious if Dante will be Primaris. I thought the lore was he would not cross the Rubicon because the risk of it killing him was a risk not worth taking.


The lore was "we've not made that model yet".
   
Made in ca
Gargantuan Gargant






If anything, you'd think Dante WOULD want to cross the Rubicon because then he could have a chance to finally die and rest, though I guess his sense of duty in believing he's the golden figure before the Golden Throne in his visions would prevent him from doing that.
   
Made in gb
Mighty Brass Scorpion of Khorne




 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Chikout wrote:
Quasistellar wrote:
When he says edition wrap up for the Lion, I'm assuming that means the *end* of 10th edition?


No the end of ninth, like Guilliman came at the end of 7th.


Guilliman came with the biggest update to the setting in years. A huge change both lore wise and miniature wise, with the setting being affected to its core. The idea that, barely even 2 editions after, people are bored already and think the potential of that update has been exhausted to the point they're clamouring for the foundations of the setting to be completely changed yet again by having another demi-god hero suddenly appear who will no doubt have to play an integral part in pretty much every significant event and plot from then on, moving the focus and scope of the setting even closer to being Horus Heresy 2.0 and all the negatives that entails, is just absurd to me.



Oddly I think the Lion will likely not have a big impact. He won't want to face Empy for redemption yet until the fallen are accounted for, he could easily be just shoehorned in as the primarch on the other side of the split and happily play mini-warmaster with no political involvement.
   
Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge





Upstate, New York

The first loyalist primarch returning was a massive shift in the setting. Any additional ones are just incremental steps.

Still significant story advancement, but not the paradigm shift from when they opened that pandora’s box.

   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





Dudeface wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Chikout wrote:
Quasistellar wrote:
When he says edition wrap up for the Lion, I'm assuming that means the *end* of 10th edition?


No the end of ninth, like Guilliman came at the end of 7th.


Guilliman came with the biggest update to the setting in years. A huge change both lore wise and miniature wise, with the setting being affected to its core. The idea that, barely even 2 editions after, people are bored already and think the potential of that update has been exhausted to the point they're clamouring for the foundations of the setting to be completely changed yet again by having another demi-god hero suddenly appear who will no doubt have to play an integral part in pretty much every significant event and plot from then on, moving the focus and scope of the setting even closer to being Horus Heresy 2.0 and all the negatives that entails, is just absurd to me.



Oddly I think the Lion will likely not have a big impact. He won't want to face Empy for redemption yet until the fallen are accounted for, he could easily be just shoehorned in as the primarch on the other side of the split and happily play mini-warmaster with no political involvement.


It has as big impact as gw wants to have. And fluff reason for comeback is "we made model to sell"

2022 painted/bought: 681/867 
   
Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon






For those who didn’t watch CMV’s video, he does say to take these rumours with salt.

Fed up of Scalpers? But still want your Exclusives? Why not join us?

H.B.M.C, 27 July 2022. Suddenly the Chaos Codex doesn't seem so bad.

Not at all quote mined. 
   
Made in au
Slaanesh Chosen Marine Riding a Fiend




Australia

Sounds plausible. Mostly tuned out to the noise though - hopefully EC come in 10th.

 The Phazer wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
 The Phazer wrote:
 Mentlegen324 wrote:
Has Valrak ever provided a rumour (that wasn't already mentioned or easy to guess) that then turned out to be true?

He seems to eagerly jump at anything that mentions loyalist primarchs returning, he's been saying "They're coming soon!" for years now. Even at one point saying that lore from several editions ago (potentially even as far back as 3rd edition) was "a hint" of The Lion returning soon.


Valrak's source for the Lion release also got the Black Templars box and the new FW Horus model right FWIW.


The Horus Miniature that was a pretty safe guess considering the end of the Heresy


Not really. GW haven't really done anything to tie the HH models to the novel series and the novel series probably isn't actually ending for another nine months yet.


New Horus was an extremely safe guess; Forge World sculptors had been talking about wanting to do Horus Ascended & alternate Primarch sculpts for 7+ years, back to the early HH Weekender days, and he was always on the "to do" list. Not to mention that WHC made multiple oblique references to Horus in the HH trailer "not looking like the existing model". So while Valrak certainly does get at least some info, the Horus prediction isn't one to be put on a pedestal

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/10/05 18:55:39


The Circle of Iniquity
The Fourth Seal
 
   
Made in us
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





Valrak's been going on about the Lion for years. Eventually he'll get it right. He does seem to have one or two legitimate sources, but when so much of what he puts out is false it's hard to take anything he says seriously.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/10/05 19:50:13


 
   
Made in us
Tzeentch Aspiring Sorcerer Riding a Disc






Southern New Hampshire

Given that GW has explicitly stated in at least two editions of the Dark Angels codex that the Lion is healed up and finishing up his nap, the Lion making a return really should be read as inevitable, especially in light of Guilliman's return.

"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons." - Chief Engineer Boris Krauss of Nuln

Kid_Kyoto wrote:"Don't be a dick" and "This is a family wargame" are good rules of thumb.


DR:80S++G++M--B+IPwhfb01#+D+++A+++/fWD258R++T(D)DM+++
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Manfred von Drakken wrote:
Given that GW has explicitly stated in at least two editions of the Dark Angels codex that the Lion is healed up and finishing up his nap, the Lion making a return really should be read as inevitable, especially in light of Guilliman's return.


No, that is not something placed there as a hint at future events. It's something just to add interest in the same way so many other bits of lore hint or suggest something more but are never intended to actually lead to anything.

It's been there since at least 6th edition, potentially earlier.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/10/05 21:25:29


 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: