Switch Theme:

10th Edition Rumour Roundup - in the grim darkness of the far future, there are only power levels  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in de
Servoarm Flailing Magos

Germany

This thread contains information and rumours about the 10th edition of Warhammer 40k, the Starter Box for that edition, and the rumoured first two armies to appear: Space Marines and Tyranids.

Main source of rumours in this thread will be the videos of rumourmonger 'Chaptermaster Valrak' on Youtube, which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/c/ChapterMasterValrak

Contributions by other rumourmongers will be included as they appear and by my discretion

The thread is organized chronologically, with the oldest rumours on top and the newest at the bottom, for ease of appending stuff. Since we're pretty much in the phase of official reveals, i removed the thematic summaries at the end of the thread entirely, as they're no longer worth the effort that is needed to maintain them.

As always, please be nice to each other, follow the forum rules, try to stay on topic and don't flood the thread with too many witty one-liners and zingers - i intend to maintain this thread until 10th edition is released, i.e. probably until mid-june or early july, and too much off-topic and oneliners means more workload for me.

If you come across rumours that you want included, just make me aware of them, ideally with a source i can include, and i'll add them to this post at the earliest opportunity.

Big thanks to all the people that regularly contribute rumours, sources and video recaps: dudeface, matrindur, royrobhobgob, xttz

And now for something completely different: the Rumours!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the rumours in chronological order:

Older rumours:

07/03/2022 'Hindsight is 20/20'
True: 2 False: 2 Ambiguous: 1 Pending: 9
Spoiler:

A burner account on Reddit had a lot to say for 2023:

Space Marines 2.0 codex in 2023
- adds jump assault infantry in a shadowspear style release with World Eaters Pending
- "primaris" terminators held back for 10th edition Ambiguous

10th Ed starters feature Blood Angels and Tyranids:
- new "primaris" terminators; jump death company; captain; sanguinary priest False
- broodlord, new genestealers, macrofex, hypergants, zoanthrope HQ False

Blood Angels faction release:
- Sanguinor (Primarch / avatar of sanguinius), lots of cherubs Pending
- Dante (model has been ready since 2019) True
- Death Company chaplain Pending
- Furioso Redemptor Pending
- Sanguinary guard Pending
- Upgrade sprue Pending

Tyranids:
- Macrofex Pending
- Old One Eye (macrofex size) Pending
- Hypergant swarms (105mm base) Pending
- New genestealers Pending
- New hormaguants True

Original link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/vqo5yk/2023_10th_edition_roadmap/

07/05/2023 'Burn after Reddit-ing'
True: 5 False: 4 Ambiguous: 2 Pending: 1
Spoiler:
Another burner account on Reddit chimed in with additional rumours:

- The next codex is Votann. True
- Then Kill Team - set on a space hulk, it’s new kasrkin vs Genestealers (old kit with upgrade sprew) True
- Then guard codex. True
- Then world eaters with Angron. True
- After that Space Marines, Chapter Supplements False
- 'Primaris Terminators' in Gravis Armor, Primaris 'Devastators' Ambiguous
- Launch of 10th will be Tyranids with a range refresh like the necrons saw. True
- Opposite them Generic Space Marines with jump pack assault troops and a jump captain (there is likely more units in the box) False
- Generic Marines are painted as Blood Angels as they’re going to poster boy the launch, along with Dark Angels False
- Both will see large Primaris centric updates (including a Lion model). Ambiguous
- Focus on Imperium Nihilus with “Angels of Death” codex nostalgia Pending
- Demons probably before Space Marines codex False

Original link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/vrizn6/i_feel_the_need_to_clarify_the_leaks/

01/19/2023
True: 2 False: 1 Ambiguous: 2 Pending: 0
Spoiler:

Everyone's favourite rumour person Valrak released some concrete rumours for the first releases of 10th edition:

- Tyranid Biovore/Pyrovore kit Ambiguous - is Barbagaunts instead
- Tyranid Lictor kit Ambiguous - is v.R.Leaper instead

- 10th edition set contains Marines vs. Tyranids; this rumour has been bandied about for some time True

- New, non-primaris Terminators that are part of the 10th edition box True
- New Genestealers also in the box False

His video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtopMExnVv8

Discuss!

01/25/2023 'The B&C rumours'
True: 1/1 False: 1/0 Ambiguous: 1/1 Pending: 1/0
Spoiler:

In a new video that can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw1Q2FdqkGA

Valrak added the following rumours:

- 10th edition will be 'another game' that is rebuilt 'from the ground up', i.e. a complete redesign instead of an evolution of 9th edition concepts Ambiguous
- Space Marine chapter supplements that were planned for the end of 9th edition have been postponed due to the enormity of the changes, and will instead be released in 10th edition Pending
- Among the chapters mentioned are Iron Hands and White Scars False
- In 10th edition, the separation between Primaris and Firstborn will be removed, including the keywords True
- Thus, 'Space Marines' of all generations will be one faction, removing restrictions on using certain transports etc. on the tabletop, even if the separation remains in the background

There's direct contradiction to parts of that on Bolter and Chainsword; edited for brevity below, full quote in spoilers

-10th edition will come this year, and be an evolution of 9th edition rules Ambiguous
- The stratagem system will be pruned and greatly simplified, to a list of general stratagems and 1 army-specific stratagem per faction. Describes as similar to 30k reactions. True
- This rumour also mentions Codex chapter supplements that will not be coming in 9th edition, but says nothing about them being redone for 10th
- Both the original poster and a second user allude to 11th edition bringing more significant and sweeping stances still, citing GW's reaction speed as reason why 10th will only alleviate, but not solve all problems GW is aware of

[spoiler]
Dudeface wrote:
In contradiction, from Orange Knight on B&C:
Hello all

I have recently come to hear some interesting information pertaining to the year ahead.

-10th edition is indeed coming this year, and apparently some information may come to light at Adepticon.

-10th edition will be an evolution of the core rules of 9th edition, not a complete re-write. There are massive changes coming to the stratagem system. Streamlining and significant cutbacks - I heard mention of a dozen generic stratagems for use across all factions, and a single unique strat per army. (To me this sounds like the reaction system in 30k)

-The Codex chapter supplements are not coming in 9th edition (Fists, Iron Hands, Ultras, etc). They were planned for 9th initially but will now be too close to 10th.

Anyways, this all sounded plausible to me. I'm not sure how GW would plan on an evolution of the rules, whilst scrapping all stratagems from the 9th edition books. The unit rules across all faction have been gutted, and their abilities converted to strats. I don't even want to imagine the volume of FAQs and Errata.

heard (2nd hand, so take that as you will) that GW have indeed become aware of the issues with 40k as it currently stands, and that they are aware of the sentiments of many players.

Unfortunately the gears and mechanisms turn slowly, and any significant changes they come up with are probably years away. What gets released is typically 2 years behind what they are working on at any given time. It's why I have become more cynical about 10th edition - I believe that the real change needed probably won't arrive until 11th.

It's why I believe what I was told about the edition being an evolution of 9th. Now, as others have pointed out, the changes could still be significant and just because the core rules aren't changed completely the various codex books could still be invalidated.

This was backed up by Noserenda:
Id heard similar a while back from someone inside, they know the 9th ed codexes got out of hand but couldn't fix it just yet, I expected to see it in the later codexes (I've not been paying much attention to rules recently though) but an edition reset also makes sense.

Thread can be found here: https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/377312-some-new-10th-edition-insight-take-with-a-grain-of-salt/

02/02/2023
True: 4 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 1
Spoiler:

Stuff from the newest video:

- 10th edition will be out this year. Another video with evidence for that is announced for next week True
- Starter box is Space Marines vs. Tyranids. True
- Tyranids will get the same range refresh Necrons got True
- Sources he trusts say: Lictors, something called a 'norn emissary bad gaunt' or something like that, neither i nor the youtube subtitle system seem to be able to make out what he tries to say , Lictor Prime, Lictor Alpha or possibly Lector Prime / Lector Alpha - i'm not able to make out if he means Lictor and mispronounces or if he really means Lector. True
- Friends in the paper industry say that there will be a new partworks magazine for 10th edition may be coming / is in the planning stages Pending

Video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTmfvaPxNxg

02/06/2023
True: 2 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 1
Spoiler:

Stuff from the newest video:

- According to sources he trusts 10th edition will come with indexes for all armies True
- From this he concludes that there will be some sort of 'reset', but says he has no ideas how large that reset will be
- He also concludes that the World Eater codex is 'designed according to 10th edition design paradigms'
- Sources he trusts mention June 24th as a release date for 10th edition, citing a lot staff training seminars right before that date Pending
- He cites as additional evidence that the Arks of Omen series will end a month before
- He speculates that Adepticon in March will center on AoO and the Lion, and Warhammer Fest will center on 10th edition True

Video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KVhJbyGQ1Y

Additional stuff from Saturday's video i had not yet summarized:

- He actually takes up the Faeit rumours about HH and says that he also has not heard anything about assault infantry for that game
- According to what he heard HH focus is at the moment mainly on vehicles
- Says he has heard nothing specific about the Terminator kit being usable for 30k and 40k both, only that the Termis will be 'chunky'
- Again says new Terminators in 10th edition box set
- Nothing specific about the rumoured 2 army box set for HH

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd3QRigiaJA

02/07/2023
True: 7 False: 2 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 6
Spoiler:

A lot of stuff from the newest video, i pared this summary down by removing stuff we already heard before:

- Promotional art will show them [the starter box miniatures] as Dark Angels and Hive Fleet Leviathan False
- Tyranid players will receive a new model called an Apex Swarmlord Pending
- Narrative does not appear to be a timeskip but expanding on events elsewhere while the Indomitus Crusade battles the Necrons led by the Silent King. Arks of Omen: The Lion will be the first step in a longform narrative chain tying both galactic conflicts together. True
-Core rules are streamlined
- Psychic Phase and Command Phase are combined True
- Toughness is now only on datasheets with a [Heavy Armour] keyword ability. E.g Terminators, Rhinos, Dreadnoughts etc. Generic troops now only roll to hit when attacking and save when defending. False
- Armour Pen. and Invulnerable saves are unchanged. True
- Crusade is being simplified and behaves closer to Age of Sigmars Path to Glory Pending
- Detachments, Battle forging, Stratagems and CP generation have all be simplified or reworked True
- Game is intended to be faster, with smaller units and a much bigger emphasis on terrain True
- Along with the start box there will be a new series of terrain intended to scale from small to medium to large scale games Pending
- The core rules will be free online with two variants. "Narrative" and "Competitive" True
- There is a codex coming for Dark Admech and one new Xenos race Pending
- A second wave of Votann along with a updated codex is expected to launch in September False
- The way Space Marines will receive a codex and rules for Chapters is changing completely and will be explained in a special White Dwarf releasing in May 2023 and closer to release on the Warhammer Community website Pending
- The new edition will also see GW retiring the current range of Texture Paints and they will be replaced with new products using new materials intended to be another Contrast Paint style product to quickly allow beginners in a partnership with 'Screen Products Limited' Pending

This summary courtesy of Matrindur - the original post can be found here: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/270/808533.page#11489238
Video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg2jJePugCY

02/08/2023
True: 1 False: 1 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 0
Spoiler:

Renowned rumourmonger Whitefang on The Grand Alliance called specific parts of the rumour from 02/07/2023 false, namely

>Core rules are streamlined (I hope so, less layers of rules and more polished gameplay)
>Psychic Phase and Command Phase are combined (same as our Hero Phase)False
>Toughness is now only on datasheets with a [Heavy Armour] keyword ability. E.g Terminators, Rhinos, Dreadnoughts etc. Generic troops now only roll to hit when attacking and save when defending. (big change, maybe we could see something like that to make non-500p monsters more durable or even elite units).
True

Original post can be found here: https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/22826-the-rumour-thread/?page=3926#comment-608598

02/09/2023 'The 4chan rumours'
FAKE!
Spoiler:

Dudeface brings us a new batch of rumours about 10th Starter Box content, new Marines and new Tyranids; sligthly edited version here

New Starter Box is called Leonitus Crusade

SPACE MARINES
-1 Primaris Chapter Master (Think Gravis but not haunched over, Power Sword, Bolt pistol)
-1 Primaris Prosecutor (Two-handed axe)
-1 Primaris Noviate Master (Scout Master, Sniper Rifle)
-10 Primaris Space Marine Intervectors (Jump Pack Primaris, Bolter Gauntlets)
-5 Primaris Noviates (Primaris Scouts, Hellblast Shotguns)
-3 Primaris Arduanters (Primaris Terminators, Graviton Hammers, Shields, new type of Gravis Armor)
-3 Primaris Instigators (Pimaris, Shoulder mounted Grav Cannons)

TYRANIDS
-1 Norn-Maleceptrix (Big brain bug, lesser incarnation of the Norn-Queen, able to 'evolve' units. Semi-feminine???)
-1 Tyranid Primus (Big warrior, Two Devourers, Large sword, Claw-whip, boosts)
-1 Lictor (New form of Lictor)
-2 Magistraunt (Mix of Venomthropes and Pyrovore)
-20 Genestealers (New kit, Options for Armored plates and Acid-claws)
-1 Cerebrofex (Blend of Carnifex and Zoanthroap, Smaller Maleceptor)
-3 Genehunters (New type of Warriors, Shock Troopers, made with Space Marine Geneseeds they literally eat.)

New Kits Tyranid kits:
-New Termagaunts and Hormagaunts, dual kit
-New Biovores and Pyrovores, dual kit that now comes in threes
-New dual kit of Cerebrofex and new super-carnifex (Genetics based off old One Eye)
-Three new big monster kits (They say that most Nid players like their big monsters)
-New Red Terror

New Marine Kits:
-Plethora of new Characters to represent old command structure (Think the old resin character models, each one buffs a specific)
-New flying LoW called 'Overlord Dropship', think a smaller Thunderhawk
-New Demolisher Tank,
-New 'Veteran'; unit of Assault Intercessors
-Arduant Kits can make classic Powerfist and Bolter, but with each get a missile launcher on top)

Original post can be found here: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/360/808533.page#11489909

Valrak now calls out these rumours as trolling and says he does not corroborate them

- Says 'names sound ridiculous' for the marine side
- Calls Tyranid stuff out as 'echo chamber' stuff
- Also calls out the Overlord Drosphip especially as made-up because evidence in novels describes them as much larger than Thunderhawks
- Doubles down and says that he doesn't believe anything in these rumours that was not taken from his videos in the first place

Video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJvfKwfAYCA
Original post by Matrindur, including a link to B&C where Valrak again calls these rumours out as trolling can be found here:
https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/360/808533.page#11489988

Thanks again to Matrindur for pointing that out

02/15/2023
True: 2 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 6
Spoiler:

The newest Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qibkDA_WQsE mostly about Space Marines and their derivatives!

- Dark Angels will get some sort of bodyguard unit to go wit Lion'El Johnson called the Lionguard according to trusted sources True
- Blood Angels: Dante is done and shall be revealed soon True
- Speculation about redone Sanguinary Guard Pending
- Still doubling down 100% on SM vs. Tyranids in 10th box set color=green]True[/color]
- Space Wolves: only speculation
- Grey Knights: no rumours
- Other chapters : Cato Sicarius as a focal character in 10th Pending
- Speculation about a new Lysander in new Terminator armour Pending
- Unspecified chapter-specific supplements originally scheduled for 9th will appear in 10th Pending
- New Models in general:
- New Librarian and Terminators in 10th starter color=green]True[/color]
- New Jump Assault Marines are done and will release soon, their models informed the videogame Space Marine II Pending
- Again mentions allowing classic marine transports to transport Primaris in 10th True
- 'Maybe' a new Space Marine flyer, but not the Overlord Pending

02/16/2023 'The mystery Pastebin' True: 0 False: 1 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 7
Spoiler:

xttz brings us a bunch of rumours from a pastebin with unknown originator:

- There's a convoluted system to roll out digital unit profiles for premade units via the App, the online store and Warhammer+, as well as by unlocks from QR codes in other products Pending
- I can't be arsed to make any sense of this, please read the original Pastebin for yourself
- 10th edition will have a box called 'Vigil of Blood' for seasoned players and a 'series of mini starter boxes' that includes paints and tools for newcomers Pending
- There will be 'Grand Tournament Packs' released every year Pending
- The first GT pack is said to include 'mountains of terrain' and to be GW's most expensive box ever Pending
- GT packs include digital materials, an 'extremely tight ruleset', scoresheets, clocks and digital support for scoring etc. Pending
- Codexes for Space Marines, Tyranids, Orks and Demons are in playtesting Pending
- Supplements for Blood Angels, Space Wolves and White Scars are in playtesting Pending
- Starter box contents as per this rumour: False
1 winged jump primaris captain
1 apothecari toxinmaster
5 sword jump primaris
5 veteran intercessors
5 primaris scouts with grenade launchers
1 heavy offroad atv

1 shrike prime
3 shrikes
8 termagants with fleshborer
8 termagants with harpoon
6 melee gargoyles
dreadnought sized trygon

Mosque style low tech buildings, reinforced with scifi tech and walls, improvised and rugged look, some destroyed old columns and centerpiece angel statue, plastic token set

Original post can be found here: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/510/808533.page#11493213

02/17/2023 'A wild rumourmonger appears!'
True: 1 False: 8 Ambiguous: 1 Pending: 3
Spoiler:

And in our very own forum: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/540/808533.page#11493634
RoyRobHobGob gives us the following:

- Complete reset of the rules, though stil D6-based False
- Index exists and is called 'Warhosts' Ambiguous
- Faster rolling, less re-rolls, unit activations less bound by turn structure Pending
- Turn structure and surrounding elements ported from AoS, no double turn Pending
- You only fight on your turn Pending
- Stat ranges limited to D6 rolls False
- Initiative is back, To-Wound-roll is gone False
- Morale is completely changed True
- Stratagems have be bound to units False
- Armour has numerical value and specific attributes against attacks False

In later posts he added

- High enough Initiative allows to interrupt enemies fighting False
- Starter box contains no Terminators False
- Starter box is called 'Vigil of Blood' and will be previewed much earlier than 10th edition rules, may be as early as end of march. False

02/20/2023 'If you see one, there's another'
True: 0 False: 1 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 6
Spoiler:

The aptly-named 10th Rumour Leaker brings us info: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/630/808533.page#11494881

- Tournament rules are a '4th way to play', not a separate game alltogether Pending
- Tournament rules a more standardized form of current GT rules Pending
- Matched play as default way of play Pending
- More support for smaller games Pending
- Narrative play still there Pending
- Open play basically gone, with assets moved to narrative play Pending
- Codex content will have FAQs on day one, everything else is removed: Legends, White Dwarf supplements etc. will no longer be supported False

02/21/2023 'Disgruntled on Discord'
True: 1 False: 1 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 5
Spoiler:

More alleged playtesters throw in their rumours, this time from a Drukhari discord: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/660/808533.page#11495334

- Generic Warlord traits, stratagems and relics that all factions have access to Pending
- Indexes on launch, all stratagems, traits and relics will be greatly condensed or removed True
- Subfactions gone, replaced with traits Pending
- Turret rule is generic for all armies Pending
- Objective secure is gone, securing objectives now works by counting wounds in the vicinity, with bonus for troops False
- Psychic powers greatly reduced Pending
- Playtest material only included Marines, Tyranids and Indexes. Pending

02/21/2023 'Bolter and Chainsword strike again'
FAKE!
Spoiler:

Dudeface makes us aware of a poster that claims to have acquired some random boxes from the future: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/690/808533.page#11495424
Link to the original source on B&C: https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/377648-blood-angels-box-set/

- AoO is not about the Lion, but poster won't say what it is about.
- Poster claim access to a box called Strangleweb with a new Warhammer 40k Logo and full of Blood Angels content
- Box has a booklet, two paints and Tyranids as well as Blood Angels
- Tyranid Pheragaunts: Gargoyle-type, two wings, four claws, look 'amphibious' as well as insectoid
- Blood Angel Intervenators: Jump troops with Eviscerators
- Booklet mentions: Captain Lucael, Indomitus Elite Velani, Tyranid Shrikes, Termagants w/ Spike Rifles, Termagants w/ Fleshborers, Scout Squad Sempre
- Termagants look similar to Pheragaunts, longer head plates, tubes connecting throat to weapons
- Unit stat block looks a lot like the AoS unit profile: two dials with values for Move, Initiative and Morale - Evade, Save and Wounds
- Some stats are just symbols, units have keywords like 'Sturdy' or 'Light'
- Original post contains more descriptions, weapon profiles etc., please read it up at your convenience: https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/377648-blood-angels-box-set/

In a further post the poster said that he did not take any pictures and is not in physical possession of the book and the box, and he wants to avoid GW's ire.

In another post, Valrak chimed in and called all of this fake. The original poster in turn said that the 5th book in the Arks of Omen series will be centered on the Sanguinor.

02/23/2023
True: 4 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 0
Spoiler:

Another rumour video by Valrak, mostly about the Lion https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y23g_ccWjNw

- Lion will have 4 head options, including a full helmet, a bare face, a 'cult' version with hood and one with an open visor/semi-covered face True
- Equipped with a sword, possibly the Lion Sword, and a shield True
- Restates again the theory about the Lion already being returned and active in secret, the chamber on the rock is empty
- Says new models, but not the Lion, will be revealed on Warhammer World Open Day, bigger things will be shown at Adepticon True
- Among them: Snikrot, Dante, Farsight, probably main teaser for the Lion True

02/25/2023 'Some random Rumours for Killteam and more'
True: 4 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 2
Spoiler:

A fresh video talks box sets and possible new armies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2lfolNIg-4

- Apparently a combat/boarding patrol box for Imperial Agents is on the way, including an Eversor assassin, Rogue Trader + retinue and Navis breachers True
- Codex: Imperial Agents probably coming in 10th Pending
- Says a lot of 10th starter box rumours are fake; wants to check with sources he trusts, video to come probably next week
- Primaris Chapter Command box is in the works, contents unclear according to sources he trusts Pending
- Kill Team: new box called 'Ashes of Faith' with possibly chaos cultists Dark Commune against an unspecified enemy, possibly Exodites True
- Beastmen are coming for Kill Team and getting 'lots of love' - could also be in the 'Ashes of Faith' box instead of Dark Commune, not clear yet True
- Warhammer World open day will reveal Farsight, the 4th AoO book, possibly some of the stuff above True

02/26/2023 'The one with the wayward pdf'
Completely Fake!
Spoiler:

RoyRobHobGob appears once again, this time giving us a .pdf of many pages with what appears to be a chatlog with somebody with insight into 10th - and possibly evidence of not quite legal activity.

Original post here: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/900/808533.page#11497802

Original post content: https://pastebin.com/ZXp8jZ4Q

02/28/2023
True: 7 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 0
Spoiler:

New video from Valrak about the 10th boxset from his sources he trusts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Czo-7JKJI

- Terminators "huge thing" in the boxset, no info if Primaris or Firstborn True
- Terminator Chaptain and Terminator Librarian True
- Bulky, more action poses
- 'Incinerators' new flame squad, like Black Templar Pyreblaster True
- New Veteran Squad, "more ranged type" True
- New ranged only Dreadnought, lascannons and rockets, maybe "chonkier" True
- This one for range, Redemptor as middle ground and brutalis as melee version
- No jump assault marines, will be coming but not in boxset, no idea when True
- Generic ultramarines paint scheme True
- Still gathering Tyranid info, another video in the next weeks

Thanks again to Matrindur for pointing it out and basically writing the summary for me!

03/03/2023 'With a little help from my friends'
Fake
Spoiler:

xttz brings to our attention that some people with a proven track record weighed in on the 50-page document: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/990/808533.page#11499596

- ClockWorkChris (leaked CSM codex among other stuff) says it may be based on real info, but not as extreme. Differences may be due to machine translation
- Korkin (leaked Tyranid & Daemon codex details) says he cannot confirm or deny 10e rules leaks.
- Says that 'something like Indexes' was coming, but does not want to use the term 'Index' as it is too loaded; implies 10th 'Index' will not be the same as at start of 8th edition

03/04/2023 'I did it thirty-five minutes ago'
Spoiler:

For those interested in the leaked document, i took the trouble to boil the ~1500 lines of text down to a more readable 150, removing a lot of convoluted examples, off-topic waffling and stuff that is likely to change anyway or of little relevance like the naming conventions for matched play and such. I also rearranged some things to make for more coherent reading.

You can find the condensed version here: https://pastebin.com/tJ83wiJx

03/08/2023 'Actually it's pronounced Zoan-GOAT'
True: 9 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 2
Spoiler:

Valrak got more info on Tyranids in the 10th starter box - note that Valrak mixes general stuff with box-specific content:

- 'Two to three new types of Gaunts' he does not know the name of True
- New Hormagaunts True
- Vemon Crawler type unit in the vein of a 'Brainbug' True
- New Screamer Killer Carnifex. True
- New Lictors True
- Winged Warrior; unclear if it's multiple or singular, so possibly the HQ opposite the captain True
- New Biovores True
- Plastic Spore Mines, have a 'chunkier' version Pending
- Norn Emissary beefed up Zoanthrope True - other name

- After the box, Tyranids get 'a full range refresh' True
- New Genestealers later on, possibly in another boxed set, possibly Space Hulk or Space Hulk themed Kill Team box w/ new Terminators Pending:

Valrak's B&C post: https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/377833-10th-edition-tyranid-rumours-boxset/
Video: https://youtu.be/yoEPq0PTqAs

03/12/2023
Spoiler:

03/13/2023
True: 4 False: 0 Ambiguous: 1 Pending: 4
Spoiler:

New Valrak video with a breakdown of the current state of the rumour season, as well as some new stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpihzucPRog

- claims he never said that the starter box will be Tyranids vs. Blood Angels Ambiguous: he claimed it was Dark Angels!
- says the whole BA rumour came from a reddit post and he only commented on it True
- stuff from his sources said that it was Ultramarines vs Tyranids/Leviathan and the box is called Leviathan True
- says there have been rumours for a Space Hulk box set, and we will probably get it, but 'this is not it' because Blood Angels are 'iconic' with Space Hulk Pending
- speculates that the Tyranid in the trailer/poster is probably a new warrior model
- he has heard that Dark Angels are going to get a range refresh, separate video on that coming soon Pending
- further speculates about the fluff text about the western fringe meaning it relates to the 10th edition box set True
- says 'whispers' have told him about new Blood Angel and Space Wolf boxsets Pending
- again says that sources he trusts say that Dante is done True
- speculates that Dante may be released in a boarding patrol or sth. like that Pending

Outside of Valrak's video, rumourmonger korkin has checked with their sources, and now says the 50-page-leak is probably legit, but from a non-final version:

Thanks to xttz for pointing that out.

03/15/2023
True: 5 False: 1 Ambiguous: 1 Pending: 1
Spoiler:

New Video with stuff, mostly predicting what will be revealed at Adepticon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFPkUt7_MXY

- The next big Kill Team box will be Votann vs. Beastmen according to sources he trusts True
- 'So much more stuff' is coming for KT, Eldar, Space Marines etc. Pending
- Campaign book 'Cthonia' coming for HH, campaign involving Sons of Horus and Imperial Fists True
- Tank commander models for the legions True
- Forge World Knights going plastic according to sources he trusts True
- 'Maybe' hints at Epic as Horus Heresy Epic False
- Epic coming at the end of the year according to sources he highly trusts Pending
- Adeptus Titanicus titans and Aeronautica planes are going to be wrapped into Epic
- Age of Sigmar: Cities of Sigmar are getting a box set reveal Ambiguous
- Blablabla the Lion is coming reiterated for the n-th time
- Dante speculated to be revealed at Adepticon
- More boarding patrols: Agents of the Imperium, Nurgle
- Maybe a trailer for the CGI trailer for 10th edition True

Also, random Commander Dante leak:

03/17/2023
True: 1 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 0
Spoiler:

New video with random conspiracy stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzL4jZEHEys

- Apparently stuff is hidden in the background of teaser images
- Mainly about the '1 week to go' Adepticon teaser image
- The left side is a Tyranid symbol, duh
- Valrak concludes from this that they'll show the 10th edition trailer at Adepticon True

It feels to me like we're in the phase where we are probably just threading water before the upcoming official stuff

03/21/2023 'Plots so thickened you'd need a chainsword to cut them'
Spoiler:

GW has taken down the old Warhammer 40k website and replaced it with this:

So very probably that's when the official 10th edition announcement is going to drop.

02/23/2023
True: 0 False: 1 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 2
Spoiler:

New video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9b-G1RNv7I

- Blood Angels and Dark Angels are getting significant new stuff, videos on that in the coming week Pending
- Kill Team is getting a plastic Striking Scorpion versus Space Marine Scouts set. Pending
- Seraphon range is dual use Lizardmen for TOW apparently False

Thanks to The_Phazer for the recap

03/24/2023
True: 3 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 0
Spoiler:

First part of the trailer recap, centered on Space Marines: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exbKG5m5z-w

- The dude with the two knives in the trailer is actually a special character from the Starter Box True
- Everything in the trailer will get a model True
- New Space Marine Veterans unit with combi weapons True
- Next week more BA and DA rumours
- Space Hulk rumours also next week
- Valrak himself will be on holiday, the videos are pre-recorded, so no livestreams etc.

03/28/2023 'When the Lion is away his Guard come out to play'
Spoiler:

Reddit/Discord are teasing a box of Lion's Guard someone claims to have gotten by accident:

03/29/2023 'It's on'!
Spoiler:

New short video from Valrak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4wruO7lmig
Mostly just talking about the disappointing Lion's Guard box, but he mentions that there apparently is a complete leak of the 10th edition book online somewhere, so be prepared!

03/31/2023
True: 1 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 13
Spoiler:

This video concerns Space Marine chapter supplements: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8cE1ASmoZ8

- Space Marines will get 'a lot of love' in 10th edition (duh) Pending
- Starter Box is just step one Pending
- 'End of Summer' second wave for SM, September/August True
- 'Huge Refresh' for Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves Pending
- Dark Angel stuff is from a source he trusts 100% Pending
- Blood Angel and Space Wolf stuff is from a new source Pending
- BA and SW will receive boxed sets Pending
- Dante probably in a boxed set, presented at Warhammer fest (speculation) Pending
- He 'knows' Epic Horus Heresy will be shown of at Warhammer Fest Pending
- Dark Angel box set with brand-new Sammael and Belial (unclear if old or new model) Pending
- Second wave will also include separate kits for the stuff in the 10th box set Pending
- Sanguinary guard: personally believes they'll come, but has no concrete information Pending
- 'Everyone' will get a range refresh like Black Templars: a few units, upgrade frames and a few characters Pending
- Says that will occupy the first half (!) of 10th edition Pending

04/06/2023 'My store owner said'...
Spoiler:

We are now getting the first reports of an official release date, albeit second-hand so far. Thanks to Grzzldgamerps5 for reporting!

Grzzldgamerps5 wrote:
The store owner, at my local independent game store, got some memo from GW. He said preorders for 10th starts the last week of May and will be a three week extended preorder window. Has anyone else heard this?

The last saturday in May is 27/05, counting three weeks from there gets us to June 17th, which falls one week short of our so-far best estimate of June 24th, but if we interpret 'Last week of May' as the week after that one, with the saturday being June 3rd, we're landing spot-on.

Also, as godswildcard helpfully points out, the Show-Me Showdown, a large Wargaming convention held in Kansas City July 14-16th, will be using 10th edition rules already, which gives us an upper limit for a release date: https://www.showmeshowdowngt.com

04/15/2023
True: 0 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 5
Spoiler:

New Valrak video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHW8wqBYNUQ

- Sources he trusts say Dark Angels range refresh is coming Pending
- Can't say when Pending
- Size comparable to what the Black Templars got Pending
- Mentions Belial, Ezekiel and Asmodai as characters that will get new models Pending
- Arks of Omen story supports this, as Belial is mortally wounded in AoO: Lion and can probably only be saved by crossing the Rubicon Primaris Pending

04/17/2023
True: 0 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 4
Spoiler:

New video about Terminators mostly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioPyEXRdfdw

- Speculation about Grey Knights range refresh in 10th Pending
- Every SM special character currently in TDA will get a new model treatment (duh) Pending
- Valrak has official permission to film on and stream from Warhammerfest
- Kits from the 10th box set will be released separately at 'the end of summer', which is also when new models will appear Pending
- New chaplain in TDA at this point Pending
- Nothing on Melee Terminators yet

04/19/2023
True: 2 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 1
Spoiler:

New video, with rumour concerning SM stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBicrMr0VV4

- A trusted source says 'classic' box dreadnoughts and landspeeders will be relegated to Legend rules True
- This was the same source that brought the rumours about SM transports being open to Primaris and vice versa in 10th edition
- Apparently SM codex in ca. August True
- Possibly includes dedicated Primaris Scout Landspeeder Pending
- He has heard 'some things' about Blood Angels, but only about small stuff, no real range refresh yet
- His speculation is that it will be Sanguinary guard modelled to fit in with the new Dante

04/26/2023
True: 1 False: 4 Ambiguous: 1 Pending: 3
Spoiler:

New video with predictions for WarhammerFest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbGEkCjRLt4

- Warhammer 40k preview will probably something more than the starter box False
- Trusted source again confirms 24th June as release date, with 10th of June as the start of the preorder window Pending
- Potentially sneak peeks at the first codexes at the event
- New Terminator Chaplain False
- 4-5 new units for Space Marines False
- Also 'most' of the Tyranid refresh False
- Still speculating about a possible HH:Epic reveal tied to the HH reveal on Sunday (apply salt as needed) True
- Just waffling about The Old World, no real idea what is going to get revealed
- He was told that 'by the end of the year something big was coming, something huge, that would shake the foundations' with no more information (duh) Pending
- Trusted source says Bretonia vs. Tomb Kings for starter box Ambiguous
- Kill Team: Restating Ashes of Faith as a box nameTrue
- Eldar vs. SM Scouts in some form is another rumour he heard Pending
- He thinks Terminators vs. Genestealers is a strangly absent 'classical' pairing that would make sense just now

04/27/2023 'Green Text'
Spoiler:

Dudeface brings us a screenshot from /tg via B&C : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/4260/808533.page#11524545

- WarhammerFest will have four factions on display: Ultramarines, Leviathan, Goff Orks and Iyanden Eldar
- Marines with two new Squads: Spearhead Veterans, Incinerators
- Tyranids with Tyrannotrope and Screamer-Killer
- nothing new for Orks, new Waaagh rules, boss buffs for units they join
- nothing new for Eldar, nerfs accross the board, faction ability is a 'gutted' version of Battle Focus (move only one unit at the end of Shooting phase, no bonus to Assault weapons)
- Warlocks and Farseers 'really bad'
- Strands of Fate gone entirely
- Wraith units lose one point of toughness, no more damage reduction abilities

04/29/2023 'Warhammer Fest
Spoiler:

Current 40k roadmap:

05/02/2023 'Carry on my wayward son'
True: 0 False:0 Ambiguous:0 Pending: 5
Spoiler:

New Valrak video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuU5jp6fJtg

Thanks to Matrindur for the summary:

Release date June 24th with 2 week preorder starting June 10th True

Together with SM/Tyranids codex:
Chaplain in Terminator armour Pending
Prime Swarmlord (not from his sources) Pending

Dark Angels range refresh with Belial Pending
Blood Angels will get something, heard Sanguinary Guard Pending
For Space Wolves he heard about a new boxset Pending

Second Waves like Orks got for Aeldari and Votann (Votann may also get a Land Train for Necromunda)

Kill Team Scouts vs Striking Scorpions

Original post: https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/4440/808533.page#11527461

In further news, Dudeface brings us a Summary of the 40k Q&A session that was not streamed.

And finally, the master roadmap composed of all currently revealed roadmaps for all systems, courtesy of me:

05/05/2023
True: 0 False: 0 Ambiguous:0 Pending: 1
Spoiler:

Just a small tidibt of stuff from Valrak's livestream today:

- Trusted Sources confirm that the next KillTeam boxed set (i.e. the season opener) is SM Scouts (new models) against Eldar Pending

05/08/2023
True: 0 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 6
Spoiler:

You know the drill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06EycEuPn9Y

- 'Two or three' Space Marines codexes in 10th edition Pending
- We 'know for a fact' that a new Terminator Chaplain will release with the codex Pending
- Speculation: Terminator Apothecary
- Speculation/Wishlisting: New SM flyer
- Speculation: every Terminator character/special character will get a new model
- Speculation: Grey Knights get a new terminator kit (duh)
- Speculation: new Kaldor Draigo
- Specualtion: not much for Space Wolves in 10th
- unsubstantiated rumours about Sanguinary Guard and Blood Angels stuff
- many rumours about Dark Angels
- Range refresh in the vein of Black Templars coming Pending
- Apparently some Deathwing miniatures were absent for photoshoots, from which he concluded that those that were not will be replaced Pending
- Speculation: one Primarch will return per year Pending
- Fulgrim is obvious among the next ones to return Pending

All in all, a filler video with little substance.

05/10/2023
True: 0 False: 1 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 9
Spoiler:

New video, about KillTeam and a possible Space Hulk box set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qcPFwdugv8

- KT box will include Space Marine Scouts vs. Striking Scorpions Pending
- Definitely new Plastic Striking Scorpions Pending
- Also new SM Scouts in plastic, similar to Neophytes Pending
- Potentially second wave of Eldar coming after this Pending
- Kill Team: Space Hulk is rumoured Pending
- New Genestealers with this Pending
- Valrak says that he 'always' said that new Genestealers will come with this, instead of the Tyranid range refresh provably false, as this tracker shows
- Genestealers will be the new side in a second-wave box of this new season, Terminators will be the side that gets upgrades to existing models Pending
- mentions Thunderhammers, Lightning Claws and such Pending
- Speculation about Dark Angels theme for the Terminators as part of the DA range refresh Pending

05/11/2023 Alleged stratagem leaks
Spoiler:

Auspex Tactis presents an alleged leak of the core stratagems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIlZA2181Dk

- Fire Overwatch known
- Go to Ground: 1 CP, Benefit of Cover AND 6+ Invulnerable Save,
- Rapid Ingress known
- Grenade: no details given
- Smoke Screen: Benefit of Cover and Stealth USRs
- Command Re-Roll: no details given
- Counter Offensive: no details given
- Insane Bravery: no details given
- Heroic Intervention: 2CP, allows for a charge move of one of your non-Vehicle units after enemy charged one of your units within 6'', no charge benefits though
- Epic Challenge: no details given
- Tank Shock: no details given
- New Tactic Mission if you're playing with them

05/17/2023 'Ford Prefect'
Spoiler:

Dudeface makes us aware of what seems to be a rulebook leak:

https://imgur.com/a/yuLGn5n
https://imgur.com/a/fC0revP

Nabbed from B&C via TrawlingCleaner

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current rumours:

Edit 05/31/2023 'Long Time No C'
True: 14 False: 0 Ambiguous:1 Pending: 42

Valrak monges another rumour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddA1u3Ged5o

- Preorder stuff: preorder day 10th of June confirmed by sources he trusts True
- Two week preorder phase True
- Leviathan box set is only going to be available while stocks last True
- No information about a later MtO
- There will be a queue on the website True
- Limited to two copies per person True
- Price point 200€/1500DK/1800SK/1650NOK True
- The entire month of June will be hyping up free products that you can download
- 2nd of June: core rules and quickstart guide True
- 5th of June: Leviathan datasheets True
- 8th of June: Tyranid datasheets True
- 9th of June: SM datasheets True
- 12th of June: non-codex SM datasheets True
- 13th of June: Chaos SM datasheets True
- 14th of June: Imperium datasheets True
- 15th of June: Xenos datasheets True
- 16th of June: GT packs and points list Ambiguous
- 20th of June: Datasheets for Combat Patrol Pending
- 23rd of June: Boarding Patrol and Crusade material Pending

Edit 06/07/2023
True: 0 False: 0 Ambiguous: 0 Pending: 11

New Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS8O7czOMys

- Norn Emissary will be a dual kit with a Norn Assimilator Pending
- Terminator Ancient model is coming Pending
- The new 'Epic' will be Warhammer Horus Heresy Legion Imperialis Pending
- Different rules than Epic and I think he means more changes than just a new edition Pending
- Box with Space Marines vs Imperial Army theme, which sounds strange but is from a trusted source Pending
- No specific release date just probably end of summer Pending
- New source about Amazon stuff:
- Cavill wants to do a Eisenhorn series, first season follows the first book.Pending
- He won't be an actor in this show but will probably be some bigger role in the future?Pending
- The Man in the High Castle writers are working on this show as well. Pending
- There will be another anthology-style animation show, 'like Warhammer+, but better' with Blur studios Pending
- Timescale for release is 11th edition launch Pending

Thanks again to Matrindur for making the recap and bringing it to us.

Edit 06/14/2023 'Soldier of 4chan'

Some rumours from 4chan, take with the appropriate barge-load of salt:

- Tyranid wave will incoroporate ''several waves that had been delayed in previous editions''
- Around 8-12 new kits for normal units
- On top of that, what was at one point aimed to be a ''Codex Biotitans'' with 3-4 knight-sized monsters
- ''Another huge wave'' on top of that for 10th edition proper
- And further additional releases for Killteam, Genestealer Cults and ''another Nid character with a Campaign later on''

Edit 06/16/2023 'MoreChan'

We get a huge list from the same person that brought the rumours on 06/14:

Spoiler:
Termagant/Hormagaunt dual-kit
The Hormagaunts have a different head that looks like little Von Ryan's Leapers without the tentacles, has the disgusting spidery mandibles.
Gargoyle/Nightgaunt dual-kit
Comes with a melee variant now, look like little Hive Crones. Wings are back in the middle slots again.
Von Ryan's Leapers/Reaper-Slayers dual-kit
Alt build with "anti-armour claws" (my source is assuming, there was no look at the rules), head looks a little like old dickbeak warriors.
Biovore/Pyrovore dual-kit
You all saw this coming. They're a bit bigger now apparently, otherwise look "how you'd expect".
Screamer-Killer/Razorfex dual-kit
Alt build with heavier claws, completely different head but no plasma spit. Oh, and it can be built as Old One Eye.
Carnifex/Thornback dual-kit
Yeah. There are four fething carnifex variants across two different boxes. These ones have all the gun options but they still have talons. Back-guns as well.
Warrior/Shrike dual-kit
As you probably expected by now. Wings go in the middle slots just like with the new Prime and Gargoyles.
Ravener/Ingester dual-kit
Comes with a variant like a mini-mawloc, no guns smaller arms but huge jaws.
Malefactor/Dactylis dual-kit
Similar to the Exocrine/Haruspex, the front head area completely changes depending on the creature, back either has the transport sacs for things being carried inside or the spore growth sacs. Big front arms positioned in reverse for the Dactylis variant.
Norn Emissary/Norn Assimilator dual-kit
You've probably already heard this thing described at this point. It's effectively a plastic dimachaeron. The assimilator variant has the stomach mouth thing on the Dimachaeron, the Emissary has back tentacles and gak.
Hive Tyrant/Swarm Tyrant dual-kit
There's now a generic version of the Swarmlord that you can take multiple of, somehow this is different from the standard Hive Tyrant and also the Swarmlord itself which can be built using this kit, much like Old One Eye can be made from the Razorfex. But wait. Just hold on. Keep reading.
Tyranid Prime
Comes with the non-winged variant. So I guess technically this is also a fething dual-kit lol.
Deathleaper
Already revealed. It's NOT a dual-kit with the Lictor surprisingly. Guess we're done with those.
Lictor
Basically smack in between the Von Ryan's and the new Deathleaper you've seen, long tail.
Purestrain Genestealer/Ymgarl Stealers dual-kit
Oh just kidding we weren't done with dual-kits. Ymgarls have a fuckload of tentacles, apparently some coming out of the arms too not just the face.
Alright, on to the big stuff...
Viragon
Replaces the Trygon Prime, super-heavy snake bug. More heavily armour plated, enormous mandibles.
Viciator
Big four-legged bio-titan thing with huge wide back plates extending past the sides of the body. Similar to the Hierophant although not as big, more upright body. Head is tucked in and protected under the shell. Arms are fused into one big gun. Apparently has several gun options.
Skorpiodule
8-legged bio-titan. Yes you heard that correctly. It breaks the normal conventions of 6-legs because it is two huge creatures fused together, so it has 12 limbs in total - 8 legs and 4 arms holding weapons, 2 tails (both ending in weapons), and a disgusting fused head with two mouths stacked one above the other like this old Tyranid art. Apparently just fething bristling with disgusting parasitic gak.
And lastly...
The Harbinger
It's not Swarmlord. It's his bigger pissed off brother. They literally Bigger Batman'd him like Primaris. Described to me as like "one of the sculptors must have watched Shin Godzilla and then went to town, it's got another head coming out of the end of the tail".

Edit 06/19/2023

Another video, this time with rumours for a bunch of stuff: https://youtu.be/pou10BZl6tU
- Jump Assault Marines are coming with the launch of the SM codex
- Jump Assault Intercessors, to be specific
- Jump Assault Captain
- Terminator Chaplain (most repeated rumour ever )
- Terminator Ancient
- Brand new Biovore for Tyranids
- New Genestealers
- Killteam/Spacehulk ambiguous mumblings
- Horus Heresy: Legion Imperialis based on Epic, but not 'officially Epic'
- Release date: at the end of summer, around same time as SM/Tyranid Stuff (doubtful)
- Warhammer: TOW
- Advises huge amount of salt: TOW launch box set is the last release of this year
- Early next year books and stuff for the non-starter ranges

Edit 06/22/2023
Short update: xttz brings us Discord Rumours that Imperial Armour Datasheets will be released tomorrow.

Valrak Total Scorecard: True: 69 False: 9 Ambiguous: 6 Pending: 65
Valrak Trusted Sources only: True: 9 False: 0 Ambiguous: 1 Pending: 4

This message was edited 161 times. Last update was at 2023/06/22 11:27:30

Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests

Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

I'd love plastic Biovores and Pyrovores. They're two of the very few Tyranid units I do not own.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

Made in pl
Horrific Hive Tyrant

New vores, lictors and stealers would be a dream come true but I would believe it when I see them.

Made in si
Foxy Wildborne

Why the heck would there be new Firstborn, unless this is a historic box set, and why would a historic set with a plot that isn't relevant to the current setting and models that aren't relevant to the current setting be the starter for a new edition?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2023/01/19 09:05:53

Posters on ignore list: 36

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here

Made in pl
Horrific Hive Tyrant

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Why the heck would there be new Firstborn, unless this is a historic box set, and why would a historic set with a plot that isn't relevant to the current setting and models that aren't relevant to the current setting be the starter for a new edition?

That makes me doubt that rumour too...unless the box is some reincarnation of Space Hulk for 40th anniversary.

Made in de
Huge Bone Giant

This feels like a complete list of things that you would want to see but time and again doesn't happen. And mostly just because GW refuses to make those models for some weird reason, not because the models don't need an update or wouldn't sell.

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Why the heck would there be new Firstborn, unless this is a historic box set, and why would a historic set with a plot that isn't relevant to the current setting and models that aren't relevant to the current setting be the starter for a new edition?

The only reason for new Terminator models for real Marines I can think of that's halfway plausible is that Dark Angels actually get their Primarch and with them as the poster boys next edition, GW wants to provide modern models for Deathwing which, as I understand it, is still largely free of Primaris?

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone?

Made in gb
Junior Officer with Laspistol

The Shire(s)

Deathwing Terminators are quite new though- they have 6th or 7th edition kit. So do Blood Angels. The basic kit is much older, I want to say 4th edition? Maybe 3rd.

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.

Made in de
Huge Bone Giant

 Haighus wrote:
Deathwing Terminators are quite new though- they have 6th or 7th edition kit. So do Blood Angels. The basic kit is much older, I want to say 4th edition? Maybe 3rd.

4th ed for the basic plastic Terminators. And yes, the Deathwing kit is fairly new, but it's in the style of the earlier Terminators. The one thing Terminators need more than anything is a fix to their anatomy which is something present day GW might actually be interested in. New Cadians, Traitor Guard and all that, redone Chaos Marines (let's not talk about their Terminators, though...). Marines have moved on from pre-Primaris times, and not just them. I'd consider that reason enough for a redo.

Plus, it's loyalist Marines. If the kit is ten years old, it's made GW plenty of money and there's no harm in replacing it.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone?

Made in gb
Gore-Drenched Khorne Chaos Lord

Or they've realised they can fit a primaris marine inside terminator armour if they stretch the joints a little? At some point we all know there will be a consolidation/flattening of the curve.

Made in de
Huge Bone Giant

Dudeface wrote:
Or they've realised they can fit a primaris marine inside terminator armour if they stretch the joints a little? At some point we all know there will be a consolidation/flattening of the curve.

As a fan of Terminators I just hope that the sculptors do what they no doubt did before and just make the models (provided the end up looking good, of course) and not even bother to think up any pretext. Let the fluff writers sort out how to deal with that. Which, I'm sure, is going to be messy after the Primaris fluff for upscaled Marines in new marks of armor they came up with. But like I said, for once I'm just hoping that GW does what they always do, let the sculptors do their thing and not worry about what the rules and fluff writers think.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone?

Made in gb
Towering Hierophant Bio-Titan

While Valrak has been right with some rumours before, it's worth pointing out that it was also this time last year that he said Tyranids would get "updated gaunts and other refreshed models" with their then-upcoming codex for 9e.

Although I guess if you keep mentioning obvious releases long enough they'll show up sooner or later...

 Geifer wrote:

Plus, it's loyalist Marines. If the kit is ten years old, it's made GW plenty of money and there's no harm in replacing it.

For anyone who wants to feel old, the loyalist terminator kit actually turns 18 this year

Made in pt
Fresh-Faced New User

The initial rumour was gravis armour with a terminator aesthetic... I hope GW makes new terminators though

Made in gb
Ridin' on a Snotling Pump Wagon

 Geifer wrote:

Plus, it's loyalist Marines. If the kit is ten years old, it's made GW plenty of money and there's no harm in replacing it.

For anyone who wants to feel old, the loyalist terminator kit actually turns 18 this year

More important to keep in mind Valrak is an aggregator, not a rumour monger himself. He’s passed info, if he thinks it’s plausible, he shares it.

Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut

Why should they bring new Terminators for the Older Marines instead for the Primaris.

RazorEdge wrote:
Why should they bring new Terminators for the Older Marines instead for the Primaris.

Just make the fluff reflect that primaris can fit in terminator armour and both types of marine can use it, one kit = whatever narrative you want.

Made in gb
Dakka Veteran

If they don't want terminators to look ridiculous they'll need to redesign the legs and shoulder area anyway. Given that some thought the new Azrael was "firstborn" I don't put much stock in eye witnesses descerning the status of new marine minis. It should be noted that Jes Goodwin himself said they made the heads and shoulder pads of primaris the same size as before in order to mix and match parts. Primaris wearing some form of TDA would be in line with this.

Made in de
Huge Bone Giant

Dudeface wrote:
RazorEdge wrote:
Why should they bring new Terminators for the Older Marines instead for the Primaris.

Just make the fluff reflect that primaris can fit in terminator armour and both types of marine can use it, one kit = whatever narrative you want.

Would that even work for GW? In this scenario I imagine the kit has to come with different arms so the Primaris version doesn't use stormbolters. So mundane a bolt weapon that its profile is shared with other units? Yuck!

And you'll have two different datasheets where the Firstborn have weapon options and can ride a Land Raider and the Primaris versions don't and can't.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone?

Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests

Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Terminators are an iconic part of Space Marines and 40k in general. I very much doubt GW would throw that particular baby out with the bathwater, so will likely keep their aesthetics with "And now Primaris work with them because we say so!".

Never forget: The fluff is arbitrary.

Industrial Insanity - My Terrain Blog
"GW really needs to understand 'Less is more' when it comes to AoS." - Wha-Mu-077

Made in gb
Dakka Veteran

More iconic than mk 7 or mk 6 before it? More iconic than their 40 year old fantasy setting? They've already redesigned terminator armour twice with the Heresy and it was fine. Doubtless the reaction would be different if it were Primaris.

 xttz wrote:

For anyone who wants to feel old, the loyalist terminator kit actually turns 18 this year

Maybe I'll have a pint in honour of it reaching adulthood

 ChargerIIC wrote:
If algae farm paste with a little bit of your grandfather in it isn't Grimdark I don't know what is.

Made in ro
Sinewy Scourge

Porto

 Geifer wrote:
 Haighus wrote:
Deathwing Terminators are quite new though- they have 6th or 7th edition kit. So do Blood Angels. The basic kit is much older, I want to say 4th edition? Maybe 3rd.

4th ed for the basic plastic Terminators. And yes, the Deathwing kit is fairly new, but it's in the style of the earlier Terminators. The one thing Terminators need more than anything is a fix to their anatomy which is something present day GW might actually be interested in. New Cadians, Traitor Guard and all that, redone Chaos Marines (let's not talk about their Terminators, though...). Marines have moved on from pre-Primaris times, and not just them. I'd consider that reason enough for a redo.

Plus, it's loyalist Marines. If the kit is ten years old, it's made GW plenty of money and there's no harm in replacing it.

I was very disappointed in the new Chaos Terminators. They had a chance to make them look a lot more interesting, like the Legionnaires, especially since I think they nailed it with Abaddon. Here's hoping that there's a new kit with realistic proportions.

anonymous @ best Warhammer Miniature wrote:i vote the choas dwarf lord as they are the greatest dwarfs n should get there own codex

Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut

UK

Biovores, pyrovores and lictors/deathleaper in new plastics have been on the cards for what feels like forever. I was actually surprised we got the Parasite instead of one of those two options.

GW seem to have this strange view of updating everything to plastic and then just leaving a tiny handful of models in finecast in each model range.

It's doubly confusing considering that Tyranids haven't had a slot for years - which isn't a bad thing all told as they got some big updates and are generally in a good spot, its just a thorn in the side that those kits havn't been updated.

A Blog in Miniature

3D Printing, hobbying and model fun!

Made in fi
Locked in the Tower of Amareo

Dudeface wrote:
RazorEdge wrote:
Why should they bring new Terminators for the Older Marines instead for the Primaris.

Just make the fluff reflect that primaris can fit in terminator armour and both types of marine can use it, one kit = whatever narrative you want.

Kind of hard to make armour that fits head taller and shorter guys at the same time without even affecting height of armour

2024 painted/bought: 109/109

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

tneva82 wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
RazorEdge wrote:
Why should they bring new Terminators for the Older Marines instead for the Primaris.

Just make the fluff reflect that primaris can fit in terminator armour and both types of marine can use it, one kit = whatever narrative you want.

Kind of hard to make armour that fits head taller and shorter guys at the same time without even affecting height of armour
Keep the backplate and arms the same, and have a pair of frontplates- a traditional terminator styled one, and a primaris version which includes a bit of spacer at the bottom to extend the torso slightly from the hips, making it taller. Then different helmet designs- classic vs gravis styled.

Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka

RazorEdge wrote:
Why should they bring new Terminators for the Older Marines instead for the Primaris.

If we're lucky, it's a sign of someone in the Studio rediscovering something akin to "good taste".

2021-4 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My Pile of Potential - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.

 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army...

tneva82 wrote:
You aren't even trying ty pretend for honest arqument. Open bad faith trolling.
- No reason to keep this here, unless people want to use it for something...

Made in gb
[DCM]
Stonecold Gimster

New terminators?
Bigger, better stats, more expensive, our bestest terminators evar.
#sigh

My Painting Blog: http://gimgamgoo.com/
Currently most played: Silent Death, Xenos Rampant, Mars Code Aurora and Battletech.
I tried dabbling with 40k9/10 again and tried AoS3 - disliked both, but I'm enjoying HH2 and trying Battletech Classic and AS out

Made in si
Foxy Wildborne

tneva82 wrote:
Dudeface wrote:
RazorEdge wrote:
Why should they bring new Terminators for the Older Marines instead for the Primaris.

Just make the fluff reflect that primaris can fit in terminator armour and both types of marine can use it, one kit = whatever narrative you want.

Kind of hard to make armour that fits head taller and shorter guys at the same time without even affecting height of armour

For Primaris you just cut the neck hole at the top of the armour instead of the front

Posters on ignore list: 36

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here

Made in gb
Infiltrating Broodlord

London

 lord_blackfang wrote:
Why the heck would there be new Firstborn, unless this is a historic box set, and why would a historic set with a plot that isn't relevant to the current setting and models that aren't relevant to the current setting be the starter for a new edition?

I don't think they mean they will be firstborn, fluff wise. They will almost certainly be Primaris marines wearing Tactical Dreadnaught Armour, just bigger. I think it just means that the armour will resemble traditional TDA, rather than being a redesign that would probably be Mark X with a bit more shoulderpad and neckbracing bolted on.

I think it's fairly clear from Vashtorr that Valrak's source sees the models but doesn't necessarily get to see the design studio's fluff. They might be a photographer or graphic designer etc.

Really I am just taking from this that there will be new, bigger Terminators, and they will still look like Terminators rather than any kind of fundamental reimagining.

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

PROPER Terminators? Oh man, if that happens I'm gonna be beyond delighted.

Made in de
Servoarm Flailing Magos

Germany

 The Phazer wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
[...]

Best case is they just rescale the 'classic' look, make up some fluff about how the genius of Cawl solved the problem of Primaris in Termi armor, throw some modern-era weapons like Neo-Volkites and Combi-Gravs in the mix, add another alternative to the Cyclone like maybe a force field or whatever, raise the price and call it a day

Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: