Switch Theme:

Brother Vinni's Miniatures News - Aug25 - Female SAGA models on p 20 (NSFW)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in au
[MOD]
Cutting stuff up and bunging it back together in new and interesting ways.






Under the couch

Sarouan wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
If the unrealistic part is not to people's taste, how is it not a valid complaint?


Because it's just not to their taste and they want it removed for everyone. That's why.

Who said anything about removing it?

People are merely expressing an opinion. He's free to make what he wants, and you're free to like what you like, as is everyone else.
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Vermis wrote:


But it's weird, Sarouan, and it's obvious why.


It's not weird, it's just typical. Girl is naked with huge boobs, and you have people coming here to complain about how it's gross / ridiculous.

The miniature in itself is actually well done. Yeah, she has huge boobs and she wears heels. She also has particularly pointy ears and a puffier pony tail than it should be. She's clearly unrealistic on purpose, for a style effect. But you're free not to understand that.

In the end, we all know why we have these critics here. And it has nothing to do with the quality of the miniature, actually. It's just that people buying those tend not to brag about it, for obvious reasons you can understand by reading the reactions from this thread.

By the way, that's not the first 90 mm naked female warrior miniature Brother Vinni is making here. Here's another :



She's quite curvy as well.

And let's not forget our Selfie here :



But you also have covered versions of them :





Bet they look less ridiculous when they have clothes on their special parts. Still, quality of the sculpt is the same.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2020/05/09 23:15:56


 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

I’m here for the Saga minis, and not fall out minis. These others you posted I don’t have any major issue with, but don’t have a use for them either. They are far less ridiculous in design, the boots are functional compared to the stilettos.

Still not asking for them to be removed. If anything since brother vinni does both clothed historic minis and nude minis I’d prefer that he had spoilered the nude ones as those are not what I’m here for. Since he is limited to one thread and some are NSFW while others are fine for whenever I’d personally prefer if the nude ones were spoilered. Especially when the title is pushing SAGA models and not ridiculously posed elf women with ginormous breasts.


LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Theophony wrote:
I’m here for the Saga minis, and not fall out minis. These others you posted I don’t have any major issue with, but don’t have a use for them either. They are far less ridiculous in design, the boots are functional compared to the stilettos.

Still not asking for them to be removed. If anything since brother vinni does both clothed historic minis and nude minis I’d prefer that he had spoilered the nude ones as those are not what I’m here for. Since he is limited to one thread and some are NSFW while others are fine for whenever I’d personally prefer if the nude ones were spoilered. Especially when the title is pushing SAGA models and not ridiculously posed elf women with ginormous breasts.



Title is just referencing to page 20 of the thread and it indeed hasn't been updated since. Otherwise, the "NSFW" rating is clearly mentionned on the right.

True enough, Brother Vinni doesn't care much for putting a spoiler on the "offensive" miniatures. Well, not all of them. But you know he does that if you're following this thread for quite a while. Since you're mentionning the Saga miniatures, you have to be.

That's how he is, that's all. You have the right not to like it, but you can't say you weren't warned.

As for myself, I'm not looking for 90 mm miniatures, I'm more fond of his 28 mm range. But hey, that's how he rolls so I'm just waiting for his future sculpts that may interest me. I just don't see the point of denigrating those I'm not interested into.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/05/09 23:29:45


 
   
Made in au
[MOD]
Cutting stuff up and bunging it back together in new and interesting ways.






Under the couch

Sarouan wrote:

It's not weird, it's just typical. Girl is naked with huge boobs, and you have people coming here to complain about how it's gross / ridiculous.

I don't recall anyone saying it was gross. You're trying to turn this into people being prudes, and that's simply not the case. I have zero issues with nudity. I have zero issues with sexy, naked elves. I simply dislike the aesthetic of elves with boobs larger than their heads.

And no, putting clothes on them doesn't make it any less ridiculous.



The miniature in itself is actually well done. Yeah, she has huge boobs and she wears heels. She also has particularly pointy ears and a puffier pony tail than it should be. She's clearly unrealistic on purpose, for a style effect. But you're free not to understand that.

Yes, you're absolutely correct that the sculpt is technically good. Again, that's not the issue. Nor is the fact that it's stylised. It's quite obviously stylised, and everyone understands that. Almost ALL fantasy miniatures are stylised to some degree. But when you push the stylisation too far into the absurd, the end result just looks silly.

'Curvy' doesn't mean 'stick thin with huge boobs'. If she was actually 'curvy' the boobs wouldn't look as silly.

Stop trying to turn criticism of the aesthetic into something it's not.
   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 insaniak wrote:


Stop trying to turn criticism of the aesthetic into something it's not.


It's just criticizing something you don't like / understand, that's all. That's what it always was.

Yes, that one has some anime proportions. Of course it's ridiculous looking to someone who doesn't like that aesthetic. Doesn't make it so to those who understand why these proportions are done that way.
   
Made in us
Courageous Questing Knight





Central Cimmeria

Sarouan wrote:
 insaniak wrote:


Stop trying to turn criticism of the aesthetic into something it's not.


It's just criticizing something you don't like / understand, that's all. That's what it always was.

Yes, that one has some anime proportions. Of course it's ridiculous looking to someone who doesn't like that aesthetic. Doesn't make it so to those who understand why these proportions are done that way.

I don't know if thin elves with huge breasts are really the "hard to understand art that only the sophisticated will appreciate" hill you want to plant your flag on Sarouan.

They look like that because some guys and gals get off from it. Some don't. As far as I'm concerned, both sides should be welcome to say as much here.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Unmaker, Scion of Tzeentch





Southern New Hampshire

 Theophony wrote:
Sarouan wrote:
 Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
If the unrealistic part is not to people's taste, how is it not a valid complaint?


Because it's just not to their taste and they want it removed for everyone. That's why.

And yeah, Brother Vinni does covered miniatures as well. He also does the Victim Girls : http://www.brother-vinni.com/shop.htm#!/Victim-Girls/c/5965007/offset=0&sort=normal (link to NSFW stuff, naked girls in various troubles).

He's not really focused on one thing, since he's working for a lot of various projects. This is his thread for all of his news, can be safe, can't be as well. Hell he even made turtles out of nowhere. I'm pretty sure the ones interested in his miniatures already know about that, so the fake outrage here is really getting boring in the end.


I’m not outraged , I don’t want it removed from existence, I just think it’s silly and I’m expressing that. The only censoring here is you telling us we cannot express ourselves or our opinions. Get your facts straight. I also make fun of silly designs by GW and other manufacturers.


^THIS. If you like it and you want it, power to you. I think she's wacky as hell with comically-large breasts and heels that go to the moon. I also have been vehemently against the new High Elf Cow Helmets, but you never saw me calling for GW to scrap the project or that anyone who likes it should go die in a fire. They're just not my cup of tea.
   
Made in nl
Fresh-Faced New User






Yes, I confess, I'm here for the dark age minis. That's what really interests me. I understand that there is a market for the over the top pinup style, but figures like that are either dull or hilarious to me, especially when it becomes like that one.

   
Made in be
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Gallahad wrote:

I don't know if thin elves with huge breasts are really the "hard to understand art that only the sophisticated will appreciate" hill you want to plant your flag on Sarouan.

They look like that because some guys and gals get off from it. Some don't. As far as I'm concerned, both sides should be welcome to say as much here.


Sophisticated ? Ha I certainly don't think that ! It's just that one of the main points of this miniature is her huge boobs. So you may not like it, that I understand, but it's pretty pointless to me to criticize she has huge boobs while this is clearly one of the reasons this miniature exists.

It's like criticizing about swordsmen wielding swords and not axes, to me. I just don't see the point.


 Dolnikan wrote:
Yes, I confess, I'm here for the dark age minis. That's what really interests me. I understand that there is a market for the over the top pinup style, but figures like that are either dull or hilarious to me, especially when it becomes like that one.


And I'm here for his 28mm victim girls range. He's one of the few sculptors around who still does that. I'm not going to say his Saga range is dull or uninspired because it's not something I'm interesting in, because I can still appreciate his work there as well.

Still, I agree that the fact he's really doing a lot of different projects can be quite surprising at times. But that's how he works and publishes his news on forums, it's not just here. That's not the first time he got told about this as well and it's still the same dance. After a while, you have to get over it.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2020/05/10 09:36:52


 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

Sarouan wrote:


Still, I agree that the fact he's really doing a lot of different projects can be quite surprising at times. But that's how he works and publishes his news on forums, it's not just here. That's not the first time he got told about this as well and it's still the same dance. After a while, you have to get over it.


I think you should digest your own words here. He’s got a lot of products and they are all in one place. People are looking at one or two ranges and making comment s about them. That’s the point of a forum. Sometimes your in the same mindset as others, sometimes your in the minority, and you have to get over it.

As you’ve noted, he has been told about it before and you’ve seen the same critiques before. No one is making personal attacks against your interests. No one is saying you cannot purchase what you like. We are just how we feel about them, which we are allowed. Don’t like our feed back, ignore us.

I don’t usually go into the kingdom death thread because all their models are not what I’m looking for. Brother Vinni has different lines and I like some of them so I will continue to come and look in here. I just wish the nudes were spoilered. If he had a professional website the lines would be under different categories and I could ignore the ones I don’t want to see. He wants to put them mixed together, then he better have tough skin.

   
Made in us
Skillful Swordsman




Baltimore, MD USA

I like his Saga minis. I am thinking about placing an order but am a little put off by some of the posts here about shipping times and communication. I checked E-bay but none of the ones I want have any current listings.

So, has anyone ordered recently? And if so, has the shipping times improved? I am in the US. East coast. I dont want to order if its gonna be 90+ days. I instant messaged him through Facebook 2 days ago, but no response.

Any recent feedback? Or does anyone know any other sources to buy his minis? I tried Noble Knight but they seem to be out of stock on everything or no longer carrying.

Thank you-
Bill
   
Made in au
Fixture of Dakka





Melbourne

Seen a few people mentioning the SAGA range.

I ordered this Viking Warlord and he quite a chunky model. He stands exactly 35mm from head to toe. So 3mm bigger then an space marine. Which is likely to put him out of scale with any of GWs old fantasy minis. He'd not look to gratuitous against most of the newer stuff (stormcast/khorne guys) but if that's an issue for people then might pay to be aware.

I don't know about the rest of the SAGA stuff, but I'd say it's a fair bet that that is similarity sized.

My Blogs -
Hobby Blog - Currently lots of stuff
Terrain - Currently Middle Earth ruins.
My Instagram - I don't post much. 
   
Made in nl
Fresh-Faced New User






 Snrub wrote:
Seen a few people mentioning the SAGA range.

I ordered this Viking Warlord and he quite a chunky model. He stands exactly 35mm from head to toe. So 3mm bigger then an space marine. Which is likely to put him out of scale with any of GWs old fantasy minis. He'd not look to gratuitous against most of the newer stuff (stormcast/khorne guys) but if that's an issue for people then might pay to be aware.

I don't know about the rest of the SAGA stuff, but I'd say it's a fair bet that that is similarity sized.


They indeed are a bit big, but that actually is something I like. In fact, I prefer slightly different scales so you have smaller and bigger persons in the whole group.

   
Made in sk
Regular Dakkanaut





Russia

Hello!
Romantic one waiting for her prince.
28 mm, resin.













   
Made in sk
Regular Dakkanaut





Russia

Regiment "Jotunn", let;s start with special weapons:

















   
Made in nl
Regular Dakkanaut




The Netherlands

 Brother Vinni wrote:
Regiment "Jotunn", let;s start with special weapons:





And ordered!

Can’t wait for the rest.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: