Switch Theme:

Fully Magnetized Baneblade on page 30 - xXWeaponPrimeXx's P&M blog (Pic Heavy)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Ultramarine Master with Gauntlets of Macragge




What's left of Cadia

I can't wait to see the finished costume, it'll look super cool I bet.

Also, looking forward to some more Savlar and other assorted goodness. 8th has been pretty nice to the Guard overall.

TheEyeOfNight- I swear, this thread is 70% smack talk, 20% RP organization, and 10% butt jokes
TheEyeOfNight- "Ordo Xenos reports that the Necrons have attained democracy, kamikaze tendencies, and nuclear fission. It's all tits up, sir."
Space Marine flyers are shaped for the greatest possible air resistance so that the air may never defeat the SPACE MARINES!
Sternguard though, those guys are all about kicking ass. They'd chew bubble gum as well, but bubble gum is heretical. Only tau chew gum
 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

I don't know about the costume. But there is one thing that came out amazing so far.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UbLuOM37hLzD6Ggo1

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Executing Exarch





Alabama

prime you became a seeamtress in my absence?? well cool on you hope your cosplay turns out well. still looking for to chem dog goodness your guys are looking notch like normal....now if I can just find my mojo.....I think you stole it from me lol.
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

 alabamaheretic wrote:
prime you became a seeamtress in my absence?? well cool on you hope your cosplay turns out well. still looking for to chem dog goodness your guys are looking notch like normal....now if I can just find my mojo.....I think you stole it from me lol.


Long time no see Bama! How you been?

I dunno about seamstress. I can managed to cobble together something vaguely clothing-like.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Executing Exarch





Alabama

eh not too shabby tinkering with odds and ends of my iom army. just refound my love of the game again so yea been doing some painting today.

plus packing for a move across country


well if you get brave enough to show us I'm sure it'll be fantastic!
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

 alabamaheretic wrote:
eh not too shabby tinkering with odds and ends of my iom army. just refound my love of the game again so yea been doing some painting today.

plus packing for a move across country


well if you get brave enough to show us I'm sure it'll be fantastic!


Hope the move went smoothly.



I am now sad. Photobucket suddenly decided that after using their service for 12 years I must now pay to embed the photos I've uploaded... Well screw that noise. I'll take all my pictures down and find some other website.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

 xXWeaponPrimeXx wrote:
 alabamaheretic wrote:
eh not too shabby tinkering with odds and ends of my iom army. just refound my love of the game again so yea been doing some painting today.

plus packing for a move across country


well if you get brave enough to show us I'm sure it'll be fantastic!


Hope the move went smoothly.



I am now sad. Photobucket suddenly decided that after using their service for 12 years I must now pay to embed the photos I've uploaded... Well screw that noise. I'll take all my pictures down and find some other website.


Yeah they've screwed everyone with that bit. Lots of great blogs are lost now, some are rebuilding.

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

 Theophony wrote:
 xXWeaponPrimeXx wrote:
 alabamaheretic wrote:
eh not too shabby tinkering with odds and ends of my iom army. just refound my love of the game again so yea been doing some painting today.

plus packing for a move across country


well if you get brave enough to show us I'm sure it'll be fantastic!


Hope the move went smoothly.



I am now sad. Photobucket suddenly decided that after using their service for 12 years I must now pay to embed the photos I've uploaded... Well screw that noise. I'll take all my pictures down and find some other website.


Yeah they've screwed everyone with that bit. Lots of great blogs are lost now, some are rebuilding.


Let that be a lesson kiddies!
A little heresy leads to a metric butt-ton of retribution and hatred!

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

 xXWeaponPrimeXx wrote:
 Theophony wrote:
 xXWeaponPrimeXx wrote:
 alabamaheretic wrote:
eh not too shabby tinkering with odds and ends of my iom army. just refound my love of the game again so yea been doing some painting today.

plus packing for a move across country


well if you get brave enough to show us I'm sure it'll be fantastic!


Hope the move went smoothly.



I am now sad. Photobucket suddenly decided that after using their service for 12 years I must now pay to embed the photos I've uploaded... Well screw that noise. I'll take all my pictures down and find some other website.


Yeah they've screwed everyone with that bit. Lots of great blogs are lost now, some are rebuilding.


Let that be a lesson kiddies!
A little heresy leads to a metric butt-ton of retribution and hatred!


And soon to be bankruptcy. Which is why chaos marines can't have the cool toys as most of their stuff was repossessed by the emperor.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2017/07/28 19:43:00


LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

Well kids, I fly out to Gen Con tomorrow.

After that painting should resume a normal schedule.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Executing Exarch





Alabama

Good luck have fun be safe man! Take some good pictures if you can
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

I have returned and I am alive. More or less.

Holy crap was it busy.

Rather than upload all the photos individually, I'll just share an album I created on google.

https://goo.gl/photos/T5rybnzedpiQsWSm7

Included is a video of the Dealer hall opening day, the Will Call line the day BEFORE the convention and some other goodies (including a picture of my finished costume).

Enjoy.

Regularly scheduled IG shall resume shortly.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona




Hey guys! I'm back!

Gods, it feels like its been forever!

Well, let's get to it shall we?



Its about time I finally finish my Burner Babes. Especially since one of them is a a birthday gift for a friend. For October 31st... of last year.

So the first thing I did was mix up a dark gray for the boots and slathered it on.



Next I mixed a dark green and applied it to the tank sleeve.



And the strap.



Then as I investigated the bases I saw little spots of white visible through it all. So I gave it a heavy coating of Agrax Earthshade.



Next the hose needed some color. A bit of gray made it match just a little better.







Did I mention that I'm doing all this twice??



Next I touched up the hair and the goggles. Making them both look a little less spotty.



Followed by the breather.





And followed it up with the goggle lenses and the buckles.



Also did some minor spot treatment here and there to fix my mistakes as I went.



Lookin' good, doll!



I actually finished them, BUT I forwent any photos until next week when I could set up my whitescreen. So you'll have to be patient.

Onto my newest addition to Risha's Sniper Team.

If I remember correctly she's a Bones explorer?? Not sure.





I like her. And in keep with her explorer outfit, I gave her brown colors for her geat and pith hat. (Pit hat? I dunno. Too lazy too google.)





Next I painted her gloves and gave her cheeks some color.





And to finish her off for the night, I gave her some hair color and added some dark brown to the trim of her coat.








Well, what do you all think?

Have I lost my touch?

As always questions, comments and criticism are always welcome!

Its great to be back!

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

UPDATE:

I ordered myself a bunch of Eisenskern troops. They're having a pretty awesome sale for Labor Day so check them out if you want.

Also, I might have discovered Hero Forge. I also might have spent a lot of time making the rest of Brigg's sniper team for my counts as Ratlings.

So brace yourselves for that.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

Oh.
My.
God-Emperor of Mankind!

Look!

Weekly update again!

What madness is this?!

I apologize ahead of time for how dark some of these are. I didn't have my flash on for most and I didn't hold the mini like last week. Lessons learned for next week.



Painted the sniper's base and her rifle stock first. A lot of browns on this one.



Then I painted the belt across her chest and waist.



GAH! The light! It burns us, precious!



Next I felt like the ribbon on her helmet needed some color.



Something to break up all the browns.



Then I added some copper to her rifle.





Next came the ink washes.





Then I flocked the base.



That's where I left her for the evening.

Next step, I brought out my very thoughtful gift that my friend Mimo got me.



And it really REALLY looks good.









And my Burner Babes, one of which is LOOOOOOOOOONG overdue as a birthday gift. :(









That's all I've got for you guys this weekend.

I'll see you next week!

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Gargantuan Great Squiggoth





Not where I should be

Looking great bud. Nice to see you active again. Nice minis, the photo booth makes a big difference.



 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

 Camkierhi wrote:
Looking great bud. Nice to see you active again. Nice minis, the photo booth makes a big difference.


It really does.

All final photos of finished minis will be taken in it (since it takes a bit of set up).

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

Update delayed guys.

Sorry about that.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

Here's the deal with the delay.

Before Gencon last year I decided, "Hey Weapon! You know that GMing thing seems like a lot of fun. Wouldn't it be fun to run a game of this, that or the other thing?" and then I turned to the side and said "Yes it would Other Weapon. Yes it would."

So following that line of slightly off-kilter thinking, I managed to rope four friends into a game of MASKs that had been scheduled for Tuesday nights. The first session was a mess, and I learned a lot about GMing (mainly what NOT to do). Then we scheduled the second session for Sunday at 4.

That's where the delay comes in. Sunday is usually my day for working on my army and stuff of that nature. Well... needless to say I didn't. BUT! I had a lot of fun GMing the second game.

And now weekends are best for my players.

So every couple of weeks I most likely won't have an update as I will be GMing.

Just thought you guys might like to know.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in gb
[DCM]
Gargantuan Great Squiggoth





Not where I should be

Excellent that you have found a new path. GMing can be really rewarding, it can also take up more time than you think. In the meantime give us some pics when you can. Loving the last batch, really interesting to see something different.



 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

 Camkierhi wrote:
Excellent that you have found a new path. GMing can be really rewarding, it can also take up more time than you think. In the meantime give us some pics when you can. Loving the last batch, really interesting to see something different.


Thanks Cam

I really want to find a local DnD group. I'm dying to play a character past level 3 (the highest I can achieve at GenCon). I want to get in on the ground floor of an epic campaign.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

Well guys...

I'm sick.

It sounds and feels like I've gargled boiling asphalt.

So I barely have an update for you this week.

It pretty much consists of "Look what I got for some point in the theoretical future!"

So, a loooooong while ago I mentioned that I picked these up. And now, here they are.



I am rather excited to build these guys.



A third Sentinel to complete the squad.



And Vic's con exclusive figure!



Way back when I bought this, I built the commissar. I think he looks good.



Perhaps he'll be Blevins from my not-quite-abandoned fic..





Man, look at all the bits!



Lastly, I took the taurox from the box...



And I sprayed it.



That's it. That's all I've got for you. See you next week.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in ca
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot





Vancouver BC Canada

 xXWeaponPrimeXx wrote:
Here's the deal with the delay.

Before Gencon last year I decided, "Hey Weapon! You know that GMing thing seems like a lot of fun. Wouldn't it be fun to run a game of this, that or the other thing?" and then I turned to the side and said "Yes it would Other Weapon. Yes it would."

So following that line of slightly off-kilter thinking, I managed to rope four friends into a game of MASKs that had been scheduled for Tuesday nights. The first session was a mess, and I learned a lot about GMing (mainly what NOT to do). Then we scheduled the second session for Sunday at 4.

That's where the delay comes in. Sunday is usually my day for working on my army and stuff of that nature. Well... needless to say I didn't. BUT! I had a lot of fun GMing the second game.

And now weekends are best for my players.

So every couple of weeks I most likely won't have an update as I will be GMing.

Just thought you guys might like to know.


Just remember "Rocks fall everyone dies" and " blue lightening bolts fall from heaven and 'one person' dies" and you can never be wrong as your the GM!

CATS- How are you gentlemen?
CATS- All your base are belong to us.
CATS- You are on the way to destruction.
Captain -What you say?
CATS- You have no chance to survive make your time.
CATS HA HA HA!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hi%20Welcome



 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

 FabricatorGeneralMike wrote:


Just remember "Rocks fall everyone dies" and " blue lightening bolts fall from heaven and 'one person' dies" and you can never be wrong as your the GM!


I haven't had to RF,ED anyone yet. They've been pretty good. But I do punish them for their rash decisions. Last session one of them got a little to gung-ho and infiltrated the warehouse they were scoping out early. So I "detained" him and the rest had to rescue him.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

Hey guys
I've got no update for you.
Been sick and coughing up blood. So.... yeah... no models this weekend.
Sorry.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

Hello one and all!
I wanted to let you know that Sunday I wasn't able to get an update done because I was GMing my MASKs game.

And boy did my players throw me for a loop.

Additionally, it was my birthday yesterday, so I have a new set of goodies that has cut to the front of my painting line. But I'm sure you'll all approve.

A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona



"Hi there sports fans and welcome to another glorious pre-season of BLOOD BOWL! Tonight, members of every race from across the known world, all howling like banshees in anticipation of the upcoming season! Oh, and yes there are some banshees... Well, let's go over to your commentator for tonight, Jim Johnson, for a recap on the rules of the game before batle commences. Good evening, Jim!"


"Thank you, Bob! Well, good evening and boy, are you folks in for some great sporting entertainment this season! First of all though, for those of you at home who are unfamiliar with the rules, here's how the game is played.

"Blood Bowl is an epic conflict between two teams of heavily armed and quite insane warriors. Players pass, throw and run with the ball attempting to get it to the other end of the field, the end zone. Of course, the other team must try and stop them, and recover the ball for their side. If a team gets the ball over the line into the opponent's end zone it's called a touchdown; the team that scores the most touchdowns by the end of the match wins the game! Of course, it's not always as simple as that..."






"It sure isn't, Jim! Sometimes the easiest way to win a Blood Bowl match is simply to ensure the other team is ground into the turf before you! Like those poor saps that got between the ogre and the snack bar!"




"I saw that, Bob. It was like a slaughterhouse. I hear that when the dust had settled he was approached by no less than three different team managers."


"Wouldn't surprise me in the least. You can't let that kind of talent for carnage just walk away!"


"Bob I'm getting word that the Bad Bay Hackers are shaping up to be one heck of a team this year."




"I've heard that too, Jim. But not as good as the Orcland Raiders. Those big, green players are literally foaming at the mouth waiting for this season to start."




"Foaming though they may be, the Bad Bay Hackers have themselves a new thrower this season. A young man by the name of Dunk Hoffnung! Here's hoping he can pull himself together and really lead his team to victory."




"I hear you, Jim. But my focus is on the Hackers' heavy hitter, K'thragsh M'grash."






"He's big, he's mean and he represents the proud ogre people and our tradition for carnage and mayhem!"






"He certainly does, Bob. He certainly does. I can't wait to see what happens with the Hackers this season. We need to take a short break, but we'll be right back, after a word from Bludweiser."


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2017/10/18 17:03:21


A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

"And we're back! Jim, it looks like the Bad Bay Hackers are really shaping up to be a great team this year."



"Couldn't agree more, Bob. But they're still only half ready. They're gonna need a lot more work before they're ready to take the field,"





"They're really gonna need to look for those gaps in the lines,"



"And do their best to fill them. Or the Orcland Raiders will tear through them like a ghoul through a funeral."



"Well, regardless of what might happen, they're shaping up to be a great team this season."




A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head. - Maxim 12 - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Check out my painting and modeling blog here! Currently I'm working on some Blood Bowl! 
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




Wow!!!

Hope your well xXWeaponPrimeXx

Just finished reading your whole blog. Took me about 4 daysto get through it all but I was hooked lol.

If I'm honest I probably wouldn't have been as engrossed if it wasnt for all the back story's you gave your many miniatures. You have a very good writing style and can't wait to read more. Sorry to hear you didn't get anyway with black library.

I will be waiting in anticipation to see how your blood bowl team comes out.

Your new followerStaggsy666
   
Made in us
Crushing Black Templar Crusader Pilot





Arizona

Staggsy666 wrote:
Wow!!!

Hope your well xXWeaponPrimeXx

Just finished reading your whole blog. Took me about 4 daysto get through it all but I was hooked lol.

If I'm honest I probably wouldn't have been as engrossed if it wasnt for all the back story's you gave your many miniatures. You have a very good writing style and can't wait to read more. Sorry to hear you didn't get anyway with black library.

I will be waiting in anticipation to see how your blood bowl team comes out.

Your new followerStaggsy666


Hey there Staggsy!

Thank you very much for the kind words! I know my painting and modeling isn't quite as impressive as say Cam's or Klaus', but I appreciate you sticking through it! It means the world to me.

Yes, I do was disheartened by the Black Library denial, especially seeing as how I would love to become a published writer, but, such is life.

I have some more on my fanfiction page, though it hasn't been updated in some time. https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1863981/xXWeaponPrimeXx

I'm currently working on a story that's a bit too niche to share here, and editing the 40k stuff I've written to reflect my improved spelling/grammar.

Hope you stick around for all the fun!
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: