Switch Theme:

Llamahead's Forces of Nurgle;Chosen  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps

Earlobe deep in doo doo

I've been playing with the Troll Kit. The kits nice but, like the Ghoul kit, its joints are none standard so some putty work is required to really play with it. It's however great and single handed drove away any chance of me getting proper Minotaurs for this force. While I could have used command parts as they aren't actually an option for Trolls I can forgive them for not being there. However as I use these as Minotaurs its been a slight hassle. Heres the results;

From left to right we have;
An old metal Troll a mate of mine gave me. I decide to use a Spawn head on him to avoid duplicate models.
Mr Jangle

He's a Troll (Minotaur) Musician. I had a problem deciding how to do him I had several ideas-
>Horns Nah too complex and none look big enough for a Trolls Job.
>Drums Nope simple enough but most trolls would just smash it by accident.
>Vomiting Head Hmm too juvenile and to be honest I'd already used it on the Standard Bearer
>My Drune Tambourine Girl. As Trolls are easily controlled by Tambourine music. Considered this decided I couldn't fit her quiet onto a 40mm base and putting her on a 40mm base with a Minotaur statline might cause discussions.......
Instead I went for Jangly bells as I figured a Troll couldn't break them and it seemed fun to give the Troll a rattle. Fortunately I had quiet a few Zombie and Skaven bells to play with and along with a Spawn Arm they gave him a rather bizarre look. I gave him the Chaos Giant Head as it looks gormless and fits on the model. It also gives me a spare Troll Head....
The Standard Bearer

Nice simple kitbash. After cutting of the Troll Hand I stuck the Giant club hand on. Job Done
The 4th is just a regular Troll.
The 5th is a Spawn Troll

The spawn is a marvellous kit. However I don't need the kit to get spawn and already have several (boredom and too much caffeine being the key ingredients). I wanted the kit for my Chaos Trolls anyway and then I had a bit of an idea and used a Troll head and Arms on the Spawn body. The result is squat and ferociously barrelling towards you. Nicely enough the Double Handed Weapon on the Troll sprue fits reasonably well into the Spawn arm sockets a bit of Milliput filling later and I had a nice Troll. I could almost certainly do with more Spawn bits and this is a good way to use what is a really nice kit that produces a unit I don't really want.
I've alos picked up an offer Fat Dragon has on 28mm Medieavel City scenery.http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=346&filters=0_0_0_0" target="_new" rel="nofollow"> http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=346&filters=0_0_0_0. These are really nice flexble card kits and I'm looking forward to playing with them and at less than £20 it seems a fair price for about 20 or so different kits.

"But me no buts! Our comrades get hurt. Our friends die. Falkenburg is a knight who swore an oath to serve the church and to defend the weak. He'd be the first to tell you to stop puling and start planning. Because what we are doing-at risk to ourselves-is what we have sworn to do. The West relies on us. It is a risk we take with pride. It is an oath we honour. Even when some soft southern burgher mutters about us, we know the reason he sleeps soft and comfortable, why his wife is able to complain about the price of cabbages as her most serious problem and why his children dare to throw dung and yell "Knot" when we pass. It's because we are what we are. For all our faults we stand for law and light.
Von Gherens This Rough Magic Lackey, Flint & Freer
Mekagorkalicious -Monkeytroll
2017 Model Count-71

Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut

Scotland

You have an interesting diverse set of minis here. I espeicially like the pistol/crossbow weilding Ungor for some reason. The fly headed Nurgle champion is also ace.

Mary Sue wrote: Perkustin is even more awesome than me!

Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps

Earlobe deep in doo doo

Thanks a lot Perkustin. I think they work well as they're simple and effective. The Wulfric the Wanderer model is definitely a contestant for the model most in need of a head swap!

[...]

Fairly dull update but it means I've completed my monthly pledge heres my 4th troll painted up

These are good fun kits to paint up. I'll begin on the command soon giving me a nice big regiment of 6 once done.

[...]

Good news i've just received my Hellbeasts from Heresy. Lovely models swiftly delivered with a complimentary lollipop!. I ordered last weekend and they were waiting for e when i got back this evening Currently 5 of them are less than 2 Razorgor and nicer models as well.....

[...]

My original BSB suffered heavily from tipping over and eventually ended up getting ruined by me having to fix it every 5 seconds. I gave in and decided to redo it using a heavier model. This is the result using either the Mordheim chieftain or a chariot Bestigor either way I like him.

I've also got some Wargames Factory Orcs which I will be using for Bestigors as the GW Bestigor are stupidly expensive. These are a little small but better armoured. I've put in an Ungor Raidr based on the ancient Wood Elf Archer for comparison

The shot dosn't show it but the differnce in scale between GW and Wargames Factory Orcs may well annoy me. Unfortunately I A) really like the Orc Weapons and want to use them, B) I don't have enough great weapons not to use some. I'm considering using the same models for Chaos Warriors (the price is a key factor £1.50 per Chaos Warrior 70p per Orc.). The style works for Nurgle but unfortunately the scale wouldn't.
Last but not least the first Razorgor Chariot has been finished. It uses a Heresy Hellbeast and a GW Corpse Cart (2nd hand not painted cheap and what I wanted). With 2 ancient beastmn for crew. The current plan is to have 2 of these and use 3 of the Hellbeasts to make a Razorgor regiment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/04/11 16:12:35

[...]

Just a quick note to say I've picked up tickets to Tempest 3. I'm hoping to get the 6 man Troll regient done as well as at least 1 Razorgor Chariot.....

[...]

I've got the painted stuff in early for once. I should soon be following Mr Jangle with the Standard Bearer giving me a powerful regiment of 6 Minotaurs. With the painting I've kept the same colours going and decided to paint the utations in a deep rich green using Goblin Green and a Dark Angel Green Wash. I'm happy with him and feel he looks far less silly now.

I've also got a scaling shot of my regular Razorgor from the Hasslefree Hell beast. As you can see its smaller lower slung and far more menacing than the Razorgor. These should be nice and simple to paint. Any suggestions for schemes?

[...]

Well good news Hickathrift's Hack'em Mores are now completed for Tempest 3 as the rules allow Minotaurs a free command it would be rude not to take advantage of it!

I really enjoyed painting the vomit going for a richer more foody look than the green gunk I've seen on a lot of Trolls and yes naturally it has Carrots in it.

I've also enjoyed painting up a FREE model Hasslefree Miniatures gave me when I brought the Kindred. This gormless critter is a familiar for my witch as Beastmen can't get familiars I'll run him as a Gor. I call him Norbert...

I've been cranking out the Bestigor and it's been going well. The Wargames Factory Orcs I'm using are decidedly on the small size and I can't use them as Chaos Warriors. For Bestigors their fine as they are the only ones in the list with great weapons so it works out OK. I'll not be painting them that distinctly so I can use several of the models I've already painted which should lead me to having a nice large regiment of 30. I'd strongly recommend using these models if you want mutants especially as marauders or to add bulk to a Beastman army they are cheap and go together well. Personally I far prefer them to the Marauder sculpts. But sadly even I can't see them as Chaos Warriors.

"But me no buts! Our comrades get hurt. Our friends die. Falkenburg is a knight who swore an oath to serve the church and to defend the weak. He'd be the first to tell you to stop puling and start planning. Because what we are doing-at risk to ourselves-is what we have sworn to do. The West relies on us. It is a risk we take with pride. It is an oath we honour. Even when some soft southern burgher mutters about us, we know the reason he sleeps soft and comfortable, why his wife is able to complain about the price of cabbages as her most serious problem and why his children dare to throw dung and yell "Knot" when we pass. It's because we are what we are. For all our faults we stand for law and light.
Von Gherens This Rough Magic Lackey, Flint & Freer
Mekagorkalicious -Monkeytroll
2017 Model Count-71

Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut

44.328850 / -73.110190

Really sick conversions! Really like the Trolls a lot!

Subbed, will be back for ore!

 Gitsplitta wrote:
That's.... dirt... Skalk. Actual dust. (09/08/2021)

Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps

Earlobe deep in doo doo

Thanks a lot All Hail the Mighty Fimir!

[...]

A goodly amount of progress to report. Unemployment combined with a Tournament deadline always works wonders. Today I've got the first 8 Bestigor's for you. All of these are from the Wargames Factory Orcs. These are nice models and mix in well with Beastmen and Chaos armies as you can see from the heads however they don't fit with the GW greenskins range looking far more like LoTR Orcs.

Finished my Battle Standard as well. I'm quite happy with him although he's fragile.

The most fun I've had is this cuddly fella who I call Mr Tiddles. The Heresy Hell Beast was a joy to paint especially as the model encouraged a simple scheme. Frankly these models are far far far better than the GW Razorgors as you can see.

I've got in a few games recently reminding myself that Ogres are 'ard and that I hate High Elves I mean re-rolls to hit how gip is that.....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/05/10 16:52:58

[...]

Had a busy few days fixing models up for the Tournament and working out what've got. About 4000pts roughly Painted. I'm more than a little surprised at that. As I had to get everything together anyway I decided I may as well take some photos for you. No full army shot yet as that'll take me working out where there is space in my Bedsit.
We'll start with the Lords of the Host, Here they all are;

Here's the Beastlord and the Heroes

Here's the Coven and there Familiars

The Bestigors next. These are mainly old GW metals and Wargames Factory Orc Plastics with some Rackham Command

Couldn't resist a shot of the command. The Musicians the Rackham Drune Tambourine Girl I was planning on using as a troll Musician. The Champion is a Kelt Spasm Warrior

This Chaos Warrior is from the original release. He'll also be how I do the Chaos Warrior element when I get around to it.

These are the bulk of the host 50 odd Gors

We now come to the Monstrous Host here's the total.

The Trolls, the Spawn Trolls now done and makes a nice Dynamic Champion

The Flyers, these are a Jabberslythe (a Hordes Seraph) and some Toy Flies for Nurglite Harpies (Any advice for bulking them out so they look Tourney legal?

The Gribbly Monsters; A pair of Razorgor (Heresy Hell Beasts)& 2 Spawn

Next its the Outriders; The fast element

2 Regiments of Centigor

Hounds and Chariots

Last and certainly least we have the Ungor

A motley host of Raiders (Ungor, Ghoul, Zombie, Skaven Wood Elf & Wargames Factory plastics.

The Spears

The Hand Weapon Ungors.

I have a couple of Characters, 2 Razorgor Chariots, half a dozen trolls and a few dozen Gor to finish, as well as a Cygor and Jabberslythe. I'll take a proper shot of the Tempest army once I've worked out the list. Lookead at like this its rather an anarchic host and you can definitely see the great improvement changing to Brown Ink rather than Snake Bite Leather wash has made.

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh and over 220 painted models!

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Here it is everything together.

Sorry for the quality of the photo

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2011/05/24 20:52:08

[...]

Your conversions are over the top and I love them! Your entire army has that old "way back in 1st and 2nd ed Warhammer" look and feel to it. Very well done in that regard, really enjoying this thread.

 Gitsplitta wrote:
That's.... dirt... Skalk. Actual dust. (09/08/2021)

Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps

Earlobe deep in doo doo

Cheers Skalk. The conversions are mainly the byproduct of chopping everything of a lot of different sprues and mixing it in my bits box (I started with the VC battalion and a herd box got the bits off the srue and off I went). Plastics make it far easier.The Olde style look is mainly due to the brightness of the painting I suspect. Although I've used a lot of old metals in it as A. they're currently cheaper on Ebay, B. I liked the Realms of Chaos (5th Ed? book) release a lot 10 or so years ago when I got into the hobby.......
I've recently discovered that you can acquire Lost and the Damned on the Internet which might cause a few new additions inspired by it....

"But me no buts! Our comrades get hurt. Our friends die. Falkenburg is a knight who swore an oath to serve the church and to defend the weak. He'd be the first to tell you to stop puling and start planning. Because what we are doing-at risk to ourselves-is what we have sworn to do. The West relies on us. It is a risk we take with pride. It is an oath we honour. Even when some soft southern burgher mutters about us, we know the reason he sleeps soft and comfortable, why his wife is able to complain about the price of cabbages as her most serious problem and why his children dare to throw dung and yell "Knot" when we pass. It's because we are what we are. For all our faults we stand for law and light.
Von Gherens This Rough Magic Lackey, Flint & Freer
Mekagorkalicious -Monkeytroll
2017 Model Count-71

Made in it
Longtime Dakkanaut

Chaumont, France

Agreed with Skalk..

That's a pretty nice shambling horde. looks ragtag but all in the same tones...

Great job!!

My WiP -affiliated Traitors - War on Tranch : Renegades
The World Tree's offsprings - Various WIPs : Skavens, Tzeentch & Nurgle CSMs, Marine Swap
My first tutorial - Object Source Lighting
What will I achieve in 7 months? : Radio Omid is online

"Squat Hulk- in space no one knows you no longer exist." - Gitzbitah
"Now you're just being silly, everyone knows red paint tastes fasta." - monkeytroll
"Both servers are on different continents so space meteors or thermonuclear war will not be enough take out dakka hopefully." - legoburner
Please remember to tick the "Disable Voting" box, if the pics you are uploading do not deserve votes (ie. early WIP, blurry pics, batreps, ...) Thanks in advance.

Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps

Earlobe deep in doo doo

Thanks a lot I really appreciate that.

[...]

Quick & lazy update the Background for my Tempest list. It's a slight rewrite of the original background sadly enough with 100% less Jabberslythe.....
A Tale Most Horrific of the Dire Inhabitants of the Perilious Swamps nown in the mane as ye Fenne of Hel
Much has been wrote by my many esteemed colleagues of the nefarious forces of Undead that lurk within Hel’s Fenn sight of that glorious victory against the forces of the Night. Indeed many forget of the other perils that lurk therein. For many years a s well as attracting the Undead and those of the most disturbing Neurotic tendencies many other foule Beasts have been discovered lurking therein acting as a grave threat to commerce. Mutant and Greenskin do cavort most unseemly in the mirky mire but as well as these unorganised small bands there is a tale of a far more perilous foe.
The tale is told of a young Wytch known to consort with that foulest of Gods whose name I shall not utter who was being conveyed to the fair and good Count of Ostermark for judgement. A Notorious case as she was a woman known for her beauty and wealth who had been involved much in the society of the province. Knowing full well her fate for she had committed most grievious sins unto Sigmar and his church she yelled upon her God as shew was conveyed through the marsh. Unfortunately those who conveyed her must have been lax with their tithes or otherwise offended Our Lord of the Hammer for her prayers were answered. A roving band of Beastmen led by a mighty Shaman attacked the Caravan. For reasons unbeknown to the sane they did attack slaughtering the Guard until only the Wytch Hunter and his personal companions were left. Then the Shaman uttered a great spell of doom and cracked open the carriage. Out clambered the Wytch not a feared was she but greatly enraptured. She approached the Shaman and he made obeisance towards her. Then she turned around and with the holy lockets and binding chains of faith sundered by the guards blood did proceed to cast a horrific malefic spell upon the Wytch Hunter suddenly they were wrenched in a Typhoon the veritable Wind of Change swiftly they began to melt and bond and reform into a most gruesome Spawn. Then she left and departed into the fen.
She is believed to still lurk within the Fenn acting as a leader for Cultist and Mutant and Beast alike. She lures many to her Dark Lords worship. The Mistress as she is often referred to is arguably one of the most insidious commanders of the Brutish Beastmen who has ruled a court of the Damned for Fyve Hundred Years or more it is apparent that she has received the Darkest Reward for her foul service.
She has been gifted by her most foul masters many minions and currently feels no need to enter battle herself. Malacht Cromail is the mighty Beastlord who commands the band in battle he actually commanded a large element of the herd before the Mistress usurped control. His mighty Ironsides are the core of the band. While the Shaman Pandulf and his master Tytila tried to drive her out it was Malacht ‘s support that allowed her to win the fight with them both have eventually joined her side as Spawn however. He is the lynch pin of the Army and commands on the battlefield while the Mistress commands the supernatural and the strategic side of the tribes life . Of the chieftains the most loathsome is undoubtedly the mighty Hickathrift this Troll thing appears to have attracted the attentions of most loathsome Nurgle in both countenance and intellect. The noxious miasma means most dear not go near him and to make matters worse the mighty brute brought several of his foul kin with him these the notorious Hackem’mores are a lethal disturbing band of disgusting Trolls . Another strange aspect of the force is the number of mutants and wretched debased cultists the Mistress has attracted. The True Horns seem to accept these followers into the band but give them all the worst jobs indeed Malacht Cromail has a noted tendency to use them as bait. As well as Malacht Cromail there is the mighty Theodoric Elf Gouger bearer of the tribes unholy totem. Pestis Manflayer is another of her minions blessed by Nurgle for attempting to poison a rival Lords lands with Plague. The two shamans who accompany the band are Hilda von Trapp a Wytch with powers over the beast while Lady Oliffe Throckmorton is a master of the Shadows. To understand these fiends we must know them and with this intelligence magister I feel sure we can defeat them.

[...]

Attended Tempest III last weekend it was an awesome event full of nicely painted armies and great opponents with very little drama. I played 6 great games against 6 great opponents and have an embarassing inability to remember names. I came 79th out of 84 with the 2nd lowest VP total.......But I enjoyed myself as I went to play games not to win them and it was nice to face other people.
The 6 games were
Meeting engagement vs Chaos Warriors Narrow Win
This game was against a magic heavy Chaos Warrior army it started well with only 1 regiment of Warriors and 1 lot of Knights turning up as well as 3 Chaos Mages going missing. However my Wargor and BSB were obviously in the pub as well as they turned up late. 1st turn was spectacularly uneventful. 2nd turn involved a Chariot and my Minotaurs charging the Knights low impact hits and lucky saves meant the Knights one and chopped them down. Yowch. He magicced my Bestigors badly and hit them with a chariot which took 2 wounds of the Beastlord. The Beastlord decided to wander of and join the Gor. The BSB and Wargor joined the other regiment of Gor. About this point my hariot and Gorebull both nobbled a regiment of Marauder Horse each. In his next turn the Chaos Warriors with BSB charge my Gor and Beastlord. Having to go through Dangerous terrain they take a lot of casualties. Fortunately my Beastlord is excellent and gradually they wipe out the warriors allthough the Beastlord is killed eventually after taking out the BSB. The Gorebull and the Hellcannon start flailing at each other (in my last turn the Gorebull finally kills it). The 2 surviving Bestigor charge a regiment of dogs killing it. They are then wiped out by charging Chaos Knights this is great for me as they overrun into the Gor block which also allows me to flank them with 2 chariots making them go splat. I won thiss game because he hesitated with the Chaos Warriors and the Knights I chose combats ad took the offensive. If he'd have been more aggressive he'd have done far better I'm sure.
The Battle for the Pass vs Chaos WarriorsCatastrophic defeat
I scored 0VP. Basically a unit of knights ran through my entire army. Excellent opponent though. Only place where I could have turned it was a dual chariot charge into his lord sadly I only got 4 impact hits so it was not to be.
Watchtower vs DwarvesCatastrophic Defeat
I couldn't resist temptation and actually charged Hammerers twice. I put my Minotaurs in the Watch Tower before discovering that a cannon hit would case D6 hits which would each multiply to D6 wounds which is what I get for going to a tourney without knowing the rules. I almost got the Quarrellers after charging 2 chariots into them but apparetly a front rank 0f 5 models when your opponent dosn't have ranks makes you steadfast. Well playd by my opponent though who capitalised on my mistakes brilliantly he became the highest ranking dwarf.
Dawn Attack vs High ElvesCatastrophic Defeat
High Elves are an army I hate to play their army book and the resulting power surge killed Warhammer in 7th for me with my Skaven (SAD or lose). Anyway the bloke was an excellent sport and we had great fun. My Gor decided too charge the Swordmasters with the Gorebull in the flank the Swordmasters made mincemeat of them and overran into the minotaurs which they chopped into itty bitty pieces. My Razorgor ate a Bolt Thrower. Then my mage reacted to all this by exploding taking 12 Bestigor with her and being dragged of to the warp. Yeek. The High Elf mage then did the same killing 10 White Lions neither panicked. Then the Ungor Raiders killed the other Bolt Thrower. The White Lions ate some dogs and overran into a chariot. My other chariot counter charged leaving them with 5 men and the BSB. Last turn of the game I charge with the Lord and Bestigor at that regiment after the White Lions killed a whole bunh of Bestigor my Lord wiped out the regiment leaving the BSB unfortunately. He won the combat by one so naturally I fled.... Leaving only 3 Ungor left in my army (quite rightly Tempest counted units fleeing at the end of the game as dead for VP purposes.
Blood & Glory vs DwarvesDraw
This was a game against the players choice for best painted a briliant Mantic Chaos Dwarf force with some wonderfully evocative war machines. I fluked this as my army refused to cooperate panicing at every opportunity so I never made the Dwarf Line with half of my army. The Razorgor ate a Cannon then got beat up by the Thunderers being Steadfast on 1 rank. The Minotaurs and Gorebull split with the Gorebull going after the Organ Gun while the Minotaurs charged the Longbeards. Both whiffed in combat but the Longbeards didn't catch the fleeing champion. The Gor charged a unit of Thunderers while the hammerers charged the Gorebull. The gor failed to eat the Thunderers and got flanked after the Dwarf Lord killed the Gorebull. They were butchered. I had 3 panicing units to rally on my 3rd turn The Gor with BSB and Shaman made it, The Bestigor made it and finally the Minotaur champion made it on Double 1. Everything shot at him but he survived I'd fluked the draw.
Pitch Battle vs Brets[Loss
This game ended early. My Razorgor baited the Peg Knights in so they overran into the Minotaurs who slaughtered them. Then several fleeing chariots went right through my army taking a regiment of gor with them (they ended up fleeing abut 3 foot).....The Grail Knights charged a Chariot and the Bret Lord with his big block charged my Generals Bestigor. After my General got killing blowed the Bestigor caved. The Grail Knights were charged and butchered by the Minotaurs. The Bret knights managed to get a flank charge of on the BSB and shaman's unit who held and reformed on a 4... My minotaurs then got charged by the BSB unit and held. At that point the game was over. If it had carried on I'd have got BSB and the regiment of knights with damsel. But I'd have probably been wiped out.
More later

Automatically Appended Next Post:
My list for the event was as follows (2600pts some comp notably some regiments didn't have to pay for command)
Beastlord
Armour of Destiny
Brass Cleaver
Shield
He did well when he got to fight however Bestigor are brittle and frankly he didn't get to fight often enough due to a startling inability on my part to pass Ld 9 with re-roll panic checks.
Wargor
BSB
Shield HA
Sword of Anti-Heroes I don't think he was involved in a combat with enemy heroes in it for the entire tournament.... Glad I had him though I dread to think how many more problems I'd have had with panic without him.
Wargor
Biting Blade HA Shield
Could have done with a S boost useful to increase Ld of 2nd Gor block
Shaman
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
Beasts
Did her job bot shamans had a distressing ability to blow up
Shaman
Level 2
Power stone
Shadows

The 2 mages buff, hex combo didn't quite work as intended mainly as I played lots of Dwarves and tended to miscast an awful lot.

2 regiment of Gor 1x24, 1x23
Could have done with being bigger to keep and deny Steadfast. Brittle but often killed stuff. I still like the fact that in 8th I get to roll dice with them
2x5 Dogs
Got shot a lot but denied some crucial charges
2x5 1x6 Units of Ungor Raiders
Another cheap distraction there main use was to see where the enemy went down
4x Chariots
Heavily nerfed by the 1 rank counting for steadfast decision. Did a lot of damage but a bit of a problem when fleeing through units.
28 Bestigor
Man-Bane Standard
I tried to use this as a Hammer unit it's not could have done with being bigger and I'd have been better of with the Standard of Discipline here as well.
6 Minotaurs
Great Weapon
When they worked they worked well they worked once T4 and being a priority target is ahuge liability for these guys although thiinking about by charging units with GW (Longbeards, Swordmasters & Chaos Knights) I arguably wasted them myself. Going into the building was utterly stupid as well.
Razorgor
Great distraction got killed a lot but ate warmachines well. I'm glad I took him over the Spawn.

Going to a Tournament without a Doombull was a big mistake. The lack of a Level 4 is as the rules took out adding a caster level to spell difficulty making it worth far less. Any more advice?

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Oh even after all my incompetence. It was a whale of a time brilliantly organised and I can't wait for the next one!

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2011/05/30 20:50:59

[...]

Llamahead wrote: I came 79th out of 84 with the 2nd lowest VP total.......But I enjoyed myself as I went to play games not to win them and it was nice to face other people.

Of all the stuff your wrote, that was the coolest bit of it all. I've always felt that the camaraderie and opportunity to create new friendships is the most rewarding part of playing in a tourney, though I will not overlook the joy of completely crushing your opponent. Ha. I'm glad you had fun.

Glad your army got some blood on it, and I'm looking forward to seeing whatever the next installment of this project is.

 Gitsplitta wrote:
That's.... dirt... Skalk. Actual dust. (09/08/2021)

Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps

Earlobe deep in doo doo

Cheers Skalk. It's always nice to get beaten by some completely different armies it gets boring losing consistently to High Elves........

[...]

trying something new with the photographs. Rather than using a white backdrop I decided to use blue card. It seems to have worked although I'd like to hear what you have to say about it.
Here's a Troll conversion a simple headswap with nothing special.

I've also got all 3 Razorgor's done these have painted delightfully simply and I far prefer these to the regular Razorgor. They just look far more fast and lethal to me.

[...]

I really like the conversions you are doing, even if it is "just" a head swap. This army has so much character and the conversions really have my attention.

Speaking of attention, I have no idea at all how I missed this until just now:

That is so awesome! I have a bunch of those old plastic Fimir models and until recently never used them for anything except "counts as" fill-ins for AD&D sessions. It completely fits the overall theme you have and blended in so well that I didn't notice it the first... 10 or 15 times I've gone through this thread.

Well done all around. Looking forward to what comes next!

 Gitsplitta wrote:
That's.... dirt... Skalk. Actual dust. (09/08/2021)

Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps

Earlobe deep in doo doo

Thanks Skalk the Fimir's what drew me into your thread along with the hugely varied conversions you do. I got it off Ebay in an Ork batch I picked up ages back and deided it fitted in here. Frankly the nice thing about an old style chaos warband is that you have an excuse to use anything you want. i've got Warrior, Beastmen, Celt, German, Neverborn, Avatars of War, Legion of Everblight, Fimir, Orc, Hobgoblin, Vampire Count, Empire, Brettonian and Wood Elf elements to this force. It definitely makes the project paint easier. I'm planning on maybe adding some Skink and Saurus to the pile. This is before I expand the army to include Chaos Warrior units......

[...]

Just finished a brilliant Minotaur model to add to the force. Guess what it isn't GW and yes you've guessed it knowing me it's Rackham. It's the Archon de Faathi the Forces of Destiny equivalent of the Angels and Daemons Light and Darkness had. It's arguably one of the best models I own. My paint job isn't the best but dosn't look to bad. I kept it simple and relied on washes and inks to provide details.

These photos were taken exquisitely simply just using a paper folder (the sort schools hand out) and the Camera's flash on Macro. It produces better results than my lightbox because it creates a greater contrast and gives the camera more to focus on.

[...]

That model is absolutely awesome and I want one! The paint job is well above average as well. You did a good job on this all around. The base is amazing, especially the water effect. It's a very detailed mini-diorama w/o the ridiculously huge boulder that so many people put under their miniatures. I really like your work and enjoy this thread a lot.

 Gitsplitta wrote:
That's.... dirt... Skalk. Actual dust. (09/08/2021)

Made in gb
Rampaging Reaver Titan Princeps

Earlobe deep in doo doo

Thanks a lot Skalk the water effect is just simple PVA glue arguably the simplest there is. Your best bet to find the Archon de Faathi model is sadly ebay and their fairly rare they were one of the last metal releases before the pre-paint shenanigans. It's probably the best Rackham Minotaur model and along with Varghar, the Animistic Shaman on Brontops and the Nefarious Clone its one f the best they did. Bearing in mind Rackham's metal Confrontation range is the best range of models produced in my opinion......

[...]

Thanks for the heads up on that model. eBay is my friend so I'll search for it there. It's something I'd like to get just to "have". I haven't painted a model "just because" (meaning doesn't have direct application to any army I am playing) becasue I'm so flat out with trying to finish projects I already have in the works. This would be fun.

Good news Skalk there getting a re-release the details are here http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/6194-confrontation-announcement and I'm absolutely chuffed abut it!

[...]

Wow.

That model was screaming "SKALK!! SKALK!! BUY ME!!! CONVERT ME INTO A DAEMON PRINCE!!"

Really, it was.

Thanks for sharing that. When (notice I didn't say "if") I get one, I'll make sure to cred you for turning me on to it.

 Gitsplitta wrote:
That's.... dirt... Skalk. Actual dust. (09/08/2021)

Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: