Switch Theme:

Consolidated Rumors from Faeit 212 thread - Updated in OP 8/13  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in au
Innocent SDF-1 Bridge Bunny





Brisbane, Australia

Perhaps you guys could try to split 'News' and 'Rumours' into seperate sections or something

So many games, so little time.

So many models, even less time.

Screw it, Netflix and chill. 
   
Made in au
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Versteckt in den Schatten deines Geistes.

Why?

   
Made in us
Badass "Sister Sin"






Camas, WA

Yeah, that is a bit counter productive. Plus we would have to try to split that hair as well.

Looking for great deals on miniatures or have a large pile you are looking to sell off? Checkout Mindtaker Miniatures on Facebook!
Live in the Pacific NW? Check out http://ordofanaticus.com
Want to know your rumor monger's history? Check out the Ongoing Rumor Accuracy Tracking thread

"For this thread to have some utility and remain useful, please refrain from spamming it with 'jokes'." - Alpharius
"Irrational negativity is the engine that drives the forums" - BrassScorpion
"It's too early to be crying about this. Maybe next month all your tears will be valid." - Redbeard

200+ Successful Trades on Dakka.
My trade list: http://mindtaker.org/trade.html 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

So if the newest rumour is true, we would start seeing images from White Dwarf about a week before? So possibly as early as Friday?

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Bathing in elitist French expats fumes

So a deathwing army will end up including even fewer models than before. Great. How am I going to handle mech guard armies now that I have even fewer heavy weapons?

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

 
   
Made in us
Battleship Captain





Perth

Mathieu Raymond wrote:So a deathwing army will end up including even fewer models than before. Great. How am I going to handle mech guard armies now that I have even fewer heavy weapons?


Play combined arms.

You think GW wants you to play with a small army? As they have so often demonstrated, they have ridiculously little care for fluff, particularly when model sales are on the line. GW wants to make it harder for you to play a standalone DW army because they want you to buy more models.

Man, I wish there was a real Black Library where I could get a Black Library Card and take out Black Library Books without having to buy them. Of course, late fees would be your soul. But it would be worth it. - InquisitorMack 
   
Made in us
Beautiful and Deadly Keeper of Secrets





Death By Monkeys wrote:
Mathieu Raymond wrote:So a deathwing army will end up including even fewer models than before. Great. How am I going to handle mech guard armies now that I have even fewer heavy weapons?


Play combined arms.

You think GW wants you to play with a small army? As they have so often demonstrated, they have ridiculously little care for fluff, particularly when model sales are on the line. GW wants to make it harder for you to play a standalone DW army because they want you to buy more models.


The invention of paladins than.
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Bathing in elitist French expats fumes

ZebioLizard2 wrote:
Death By Monkeys wrote:
Mathieu Raymond wrote:So a deathwing army will end up including even fewer models than before. Great. How am I going to handle mech guard armies now that I have even fewer heavy weapons?


Play combined arms.

You think GW wants you to play with a small army? As they have so often demonstrated, they have ridiculously little care for fluff, particularly when model sales are on the line. GW wants to make it harder for you to play a standalone DW army because they want you to buy more models.


The invention of paladins than.


I like your counter-point, Zebio Lizard. I already did switch to combined arms. But with an increase in points in both the CML, which also means he will be easier to target since he won't have his storm shield, and Belial... I don't know where to cut. I'll adapt, it's just... sad, a bit.

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Mathieu Raymond wrote:
ZebioLizard2 wrote:
Death By Monkeys wrote:
Mathieu Raymond wrote:So a deathwing army will end up including even fewer models than before. Great. How am I going to handle mech guard armies now that I have even fewer heavy weapons?


Play combined arms.

You think GW wants you to play with a small army? As they have so often demonstrated, they have ridiculously little care for fluff, particularly when model sales are on the line. GW wants to make it harder for you to play a standalone DW army because they want you to buy more models.


The invention of paladins than.


I like your counter-point, Zebio Lizard. I already did switch to combined arms. But with an increase in points in both the CML, which also means he will be easier to target since he won't have his storm shield, and Belial... I don't know where to cut. I'll adapt, it's just... sad, a bit.


On a positive note, you will likely have some nice anti-infantry in a Whirlwid (or two or three) since they will likely have Interceptor and Skyfire and you will be forced to take them to combat flyers.

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
 
   
Made in ca
Fixture of Dakka





Bathing in elitist French expats fumes

Because nothing says "deathwing" like having whirlwinds.

Long-barreled, AA mounted hurricane bolters. That would have been so cool. A mass of flak in the air... although at ST 4, I'm guessing not many downed flyers would result from that.

I also love how you phrased that. We'll be forced to take them. Not that I disagree, but the frankness of it is refreshing.

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

 
   
Made in gb
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren






Liverpool

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/friday-teaser-on-wednessday.html

Very very interseting this one. Apparantley the teaser video that GW does got leaked for a very short time and was said to be a teaser featuring just DA artwork. With the date 25/08 at the end or something. We should see this on Friday. Lots of people complaining that this means no chaos, but even though it just shows DA artwork, I believe it to be for the starter set. Perhaps they are just promoting the 'good' side. The 25/08 date also goes along with the starter set rumour.

What are all your thoughts on this?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/08/15 16:05:36


Fury from faith
Faith in fury

Numquam solus ambulabis 
   
Made in us
Badass "Sister Sin"






Camas, WA

Allegedly. Some guy surfing youtube isn't the best source ever. I guess we'll see on Friday.

Looking for great deals on miniatures or have a large pile you are looking to sell off? Checkout Mindtaker Miniatures on Facebook!
Live in the Pacific NW? Check out http://ordofanaticus.com
Want to know your rumor monger's history? Check out the Ongoing Rumor Accuracy Tracking thread

"For this thread to have some utility and remain useful, please refrain from spamming it with 'jokes'." - Alpharius
"Irrational negativity is the engine that drives the forums" - BrassScorpion
"It's too early to be crying about this. Maybe next month all your tears will be valid." - Redbeard

200+ Successful Trades on Dakka.
My trade list: http://mindtaker.org/trade.html 
   
Made in gb
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren






Liverpool

Yep, we will have to wait a couple more days

Edit: Please don't be DA codex, please don't be DA codex , please don't be DA codex

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/08/15 16:09:47


Fury from faith
Faith in fury

Numquam solus ambulabis 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




Mathieu Raymond wrote:Because nothing says "deathwing" like having whirlwinds.

Long-barreled, AA mounted hurricane bolters. That would have been so cool. A mass of flak in the air... although at ST 4, I'm guessing not many downed flyers would result from that.

I also love how you phrased that. We'll be forced to take them. Not that I disagree, but the frankness of it is refreshing.


Yeah the idea of flak isn't really handled well in 40k. Plains on the ground can essentially be totally recked by small arms fire because of their thin armor. Even small amounts of damage can make plains totally unflyable. I wish 40k plains were a little flimsier to reflect that (AV 12 is really high IMHO). I'm all for balance over sticking to physics to a T but I wish there was a gun that reflected that small calaber weight of fire is ussually how AA is dealt with...of course in modern times it's actually more low weight of fire single shot missles so I guess I do get why most AA seems to be relativly few shots. If you ask me this is a point away from the whole GW only does things "cinimaticly" because flak emplacements are some of the most iconic and cinimatic of all war weopons.

What guns do Hyrda's use btw I haven't ever played a guard player that uses them are they more flak style or do they also use twin linked lasers?

 
   
Made in us
Badass "Sister Sin"






Camas, WA

protonhunter wrote:Yeah the idea of flak isn't really handled well in 40k. Plains on the ground can essentially be totally recked by small arms fire because of their thin armor. Even small amounts of damage can make plains totally unflyable. I wish 40k plains were a little flimsier to reflect that (AV 12 is really high IMHO). I'm all for balance over sticking to physics to a T but I wish there was a gun that reflected that small calaber weight of fire is ussually how AA is dealt with...of course in modern times it's actually more low weight of fire single shot missles so I guess I do get why most AA seems to be relativly few shots. If you ask me this is a point away from the whole GW only does things "cinimaticly" because flak emplacements are some of the most iconic and cinimatic of all war weopons.

What guns do Hyrda's use btw I haven't ever played a guard player that uses them are they more flak style or do they also use twin linked lasers?

PLANEs on the ground are vulnerable, but how vulnerable is a flying attack craft to small arms fire.

Hydras are autocannons.

Looking for great deals on miniatures or have a large pile you are looking to sell off? Checkout Mindtaker Miniatures on Facebook!
Live in the Pacific NW? Check out http://ordofanaticus.com
Want to know your rumor monger's history? Check out the Ongoing Rumor Accuracy Tracking thread

"For this thread to have some utility and remain useful, please refrain from spamming it with 'jokes'." - Alpharius
"Irrational negativity is the engine that drives the forums" - BrassScorpion
"It's too early to be crying about this. Maybe next month all your tears will be valid." - Redbeard

200+ Successful Trades on Dakka.
My trade list: http://mindtaker.org/trade.html 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





I really hope that this rumor about the CSM is true, I have been waiting a long time.

"It's time to bring the pain Jack..." -- Uncle Si 
   
Made in us
The New Miss Macross!






daveNYC wrote:
ZebioLizard2 wrote:

- Dark Angels units choose a circle that is kept secret during the game. Only a fraction of the army’s units can take a circle that has an in game effect. Circles can be revealed midgame and grant a special rule depending on the circle.


This is probably the most unique thing Dark Angels has ever gotten.


Isn't having something on your list that you don't tell the opponent about until it's used kind of a big change? Not to mention ripe for abuse. Say the circles cost a max of 50 points, so you make a 1450 point list for a 1500 tournament, and then bust out whatever circle best suits how the game is going. It just seems so poorly thought, not that that means it isn't real, this is GW after all.


As long as you're have to write it down ahead of time, I don't see any potential for abuse from the mechanic.

   
Made in gb
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren






Liverpool

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/leaked-images-from-fridays-trailer.html

Here are the pics someone pulled from that youtube video. Looks like a captain/company master? (Sorry not too good with DA stuff) and a Librarian. Aren't they the 2 HQ that are rumoured to be in the starter set?

Fury from faith
Faith in fury

Numquam solus ambulabis 
   
Made in us
Badass "Sister Sin"






Camas, WA

Well, that's a horse of a different color.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
From Faeit 212 who got them via Mariog on Warseer
http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/leaked-images-from-fridays-trailer.html








Updated OP

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/08/15 18:22:35


Looking for great deals on miniatures or have a large pile you are looking to sell off? Checkout Mindtaker Miniatures on Facebook!
Live in the Pacific NW? Check out http://ordofanaticus.com
Want to know your rumor monger's history? Check out the Ongoing Rumor Accuracy Tracking thread

"For this thread to have some utility and remain useful, please refrain from spamming it with 'jokes'." - Alpharius
"Irrational negativity is the engine that drives the forums" - BrassScorpion
"It's too early to be crying about this. Maybe next month all your tears will be valid." - Redbeard

200+ Successful Trades on Dakka.
My trade list: http://mindtaker.org/trade.html 
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut




Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

warboss wrote:
daveNYC wrote:
ZebioLizard2 wrote:

- Dark Angels units choose a circle that is kept secret during the game. Only a fraction of the army’s units can take a circle that has an in game effect. Circles can be revealed midgame and grant a special rule depending on the circle.


This is probably the most unique thing Dark Angels has ever gotten.


Isn't having something on your list that you don't tell the opponent about until it's used kind of a big change? Not to mention ripe for abuse. Say the circles cost a max of 50 points, so you make a 1450 point list for a 1500 tournament, and then bust out whatever circle best suits how the game is going. It just seems so poorly thought, not that that means it isn't real, this is GW after all.


As long as you're have to write it down ahead of time, I don't see any potential for abuse from the mechanic.


Yeah, it's no different than the Ymgarl mechanic.

 GamesWorkshop wrote:
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
 
   
Made in gb
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren






Liverpool

I reckon there will be another teaser video showing artwork for a chaos lord and maybe a cultsit. Definitely another chaos teaser though. Otherwise if it turns out to be DA codex, hats off to GW for their god like powers of disception.

Edit: No I am certain, I will (probably not) wager a very large amount of monays that it is the starter set.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/08/15 19:38:01


Fury from faith
Faith in fury

Numquam solus ambulabis 
   
Made in de
Decrepit Dakkanaut







pretre wrote:From Faeit 212 who got them via Mariog on Warseer

Okay, so Faeit also reposts Warseer rumours. But why link to the repost and list it as HIS rumour?

Hive Fleet Ouroboros (my Tyranid blog): http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/286852.page
The Dusk-Wraiths of Szith Morcane (my Dark Eldar blog): http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/364786.page
Kroothawk's Malifaux Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/455759.page
If you want to understand the concept of the "Greater Good", read this article, and you never again call Tau commies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism 
   
Made in us
Badass "Sister Sin"






Camas, WA

Because I don't have a link to the original. If you have it, I'd be happy to update it or we can slap it into another thread.

Looking for great deals on miniatures or have a large pile you are looking to sell off? Checkout Mindtaker Miniatures on Facebook!
Live in the Pacific NW? Check out http://ordofanaticus.com
Want to know your rumor monger's history? Check out the Ongoing Rumor Accuracy Tracking thread

"For this thread to have some utility and remain useful, please refrain from spamming it with 'jokes'." - Alpharius
"Irrational negativity is the engine that drives the forums" - BrassScorpion
"It's too early to be crying about this. Maybe next month all your tears will be valid." - Redbeard

200+ Successful Trades on Dakka.
My trade list: http://mindtaker.org/trade.html 
   
Made in gb
Fresh-Faced New User




In the picture with the Librarian, I'm fairly sure that is the Hellbrute that he is attacking with his mind powers. The Hellbrute was described as a giant suit of Terminator armour, with armour 12/12/10, armed with power fist and multi-melta and crewed by a Chaos marine.

I've had a guess at what the Hell Brute may look like using what can be seen in that pic and the rumoured description, enjoy my MSPaint mockup.
   
Made in us
Badass "Sister Sin"






Camas, WA

Epic paint skills.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Woohoo, made page 1 with all the cool kids.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/08/15 20:31:50


Looking for great deals on miniatures or have a large pile you are looking to sell off? Checkout Mindtaker Miniatures on Facebook!
Live in the Pacific NW? Check out http://ordofanaticus.com
Want to know your rumor monger's history? Check out the Ongoing Rumor Accuracy Tracking thread

"For this thread to have some utility and remain useful, please refrain from spamming it with 'jokes'." - Alpharius
"Irrational negativity is the engine that drives the forums" - BrassScorpion
"It's too early to be crying about this. Maybe next month all your tears will be valid." - Redbeard

200+ Successful Trades on Dakka.
My trade list: http://mindtaker.org/trade.html 
   
Made in gb
Slashing Veteran Sword Bretheren






Liverpool

beasts of war would be jealous Na good detective work mate, it gives me hope.

Fury from faith
Faith in fury

Numquam solus ambulabis 
   
Made in us
The New Miss Macross!






El_Capitan wrote:

I've had a guess at what the Hell Brute may look like using what can be seen in that pic and the rumoured description, enjoy my MSPaint mockup.


Dude, you totally should go to work for Beasts of War!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/08/15 20:52:23


   
Made in us
Fireknife Shas'el





Reedsburg, WI

pretre wrote:Because I don't have a link to the original. If you have it, I'd be happy to update it or we can slap it into another thread.


http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?348665-Dark-Angels-rumours/page7

Towards the bottom of the page. Not to hard if you are a Warseer member as you can search for specific members and then search through thier posts

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2012/08/15 21:14:51


Wyomingfox's Space Wolves Paint Blog A journey across decades.
Splinter Fleet Stygian Paint Blogg Home of the Albino Bugs. 
   
Made in us
Badass "Sister Sin"






Camas, WA

Yeah, I keep my addictions to just dakka and a local site.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Updated OP

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/08/15 21:16:14


Looking for great deals on miniatures or have a large pile you are looking to sell off? Checkout Mindtaker Miniatures on Facebook!
Live in the Pacific NW? Check out http://ordofanaticus.com
Want to know your rumor monger's history? Check out the Ongoing Rumor Accuracy Tracking thread

"For this thread to have some utility and remain useful, please refrain from spamming it with 'jokes'." - Alpharius
"Irrational negativity is the engine that drives the forums" - BrassScorpion
"It's too early to be crying about this. Maybe next month all your tears will be valid." - Redbeard

200+ Successful Trades on Dakka.
My trade list: http://mindtaker.org/trade.html 
   
Made in de
Decrepit Dakkanaut







Actually, Malorg found it "on an Italian forum" and reposted it on Warseer. These pics have nothing to do with Faeit212 at all.
Only thing found there was:
via an Anonymous Source wrote:A guy on the Apoc40k Facebook group just posted a link to a youtube vid that was 38 seconds of new DA art with the date 8-25-12 at the end. He was able to watch it once, but then someone locked the video out. My guess is that it's Friday's teaser video for the GW blog page.

So he knows someone who has seen the video once, big deal. Not worth mentioning in the first post IMHO.

Anyway, posted the info in the correct thread with the correct link and info.

Hive Fleet Ouroboros (my Tyranid blog): http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/286852.page
The Dusk-Wraiths of Szith Morcane (my Dark Eldar blog): http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/364786.page
Kroothawk's Malifaux Blog http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/455759.page
If you want to understand the concept of the "Greater Good", read this article, and you never again call Tau commies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utilitarianism 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: