Switch Theme:

Honour Through Annihilation - Codex: Chaos Knights  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in de
Dakka Veteran





 Galas wrote:
The kit is worth for the legs alone.


I like my chicken legs warm, greasy and on a plate instead of grey plastic on a sprue.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut






 Strg Alt wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
JWBS wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
...I will buy the kit when GW releases a new Imperial Knights Renegades box which includes two Chaos Knights plus weapons for the back...

Haha, that's exactly what I've been thinking for a few days now. I think we're hoping for too much here. After the new-age GW deals in recent years (start collecting) and recent xmas deals like the Titan battle force (of which I bought some) and all the others, I'll be surprised if we get back to the amazing value that was IKR. I think it was buy one Kinght + a scenery piece, get a free Knight (that comes with an additional sprue of weapons!). Will we ever see the like again? I'm not so optimistic but I'll be glad if they surprise me. And I suppose if it happens it'll be sooner rather than later. I'm definitely putting a couple of hundred aside for this possibility.


The next IKR will obviously be 1 loyalist and 1 Chaos Knight tho.


Damn, that makes sense. Too bad, I would have liked a nice Chaos Knight or two in my collection.


Sooo... buy a box, sell the terrain, sell the Loyalist knight and you get a Chaos knight for nearly free.
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





Cryptek of Awesome wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
JWBS wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
...I will buy the kit when GW releases a new Imperial Knights Renegades box which includes two Chaos Knights plus weapons for the back...

Haha, that's exactly what I've been thinking for a few days now. I think we're hoping for too much here. After the new-age GW deals in recent years (start collecting) and recent xmas deals like the Titan battle force (of which I bought some) and all the others, I'll be surprised if we get back to the amazing value that was IKR. I think it was buy one Kinght + a scenery piece, get a free Knight (that comes with an additional sprue of weapons!). Will we ever see the like again? I'm not so optimistic but I'll be glad if they surprise me. And I suppose if it happens it'll be sooner rather than later. I'm definitely putting a couple of hundred aside for this possibility.


The next IKR will obviously be 1 loyalist and 1 Chaos Knight tho.


Damn, that makes sense. Too bad, I would have liked a nice Chaos Knight or two in my collection.


Sooo... buy a box, sell the terrain, sell the Loyalist knight and you get a Chaos knight for nearly free.


I neither buy nor sell stuff on the interwebz. I could try selling stuff in my local GW but it´s honestly too much of a hassle. No, the only sensible way would be if GW offers Chaos Knights at a discount like they did in the past with the IK. Remember GW, customer is king.
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut






 Strg Alt wrote:
Cryptek of Awesome wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
JWBS wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
...I will buy the kit when GW releases a new Imperial Knights Renegades box which includes two Chaos Knights plus weapons for the back...

Haha, that's exactly what I've been thinking for a few days now. I think we're hoping for too much here. After the new-age GW deals in recent years (start collecting) and recent xmas deals like the Titan battle force (of which I bought some) and all the others, I'll be surprised if we get back to the amazing value that was IKR. I think it was buy one Kinght + a scenery piece, get a free Knight (that comes with an additional sprue of weapons!). Will we ever see the like again? I'm not so optimistic but I'll be glad if they surprise me. And I suppose if it happens it'll be sooner rather than later. I'm definitely putting a couple of hundred aside for this possibility.


The next IKR will obviously be 1 loyalist and 1 Chaos Knight tho.


Damn, that makes sense. Too bad, I would have liked a nice Chaos Knight or two in my collection.


Sooo... buy a box, sell the terrain, sell the Loyalist knight and you get a Chaos knight for nearly free.


I neither buy nor sell stuff on the interwebz. I could try selling stuff in my local GW but it´s honestly too much of a hassle. No, the only sensible way would be if GW offers Chaos Knights at a discount like they did in the past with the IK. Remember GW, customer is king.


I'm guessing this is some dry German humor that I'm just not quite getting...
If they do release another Renegade box set, I'll be eagerly using the dark and scary 'interwebz' to pick up some really sweet looking new Chaos knights for $40 each.
   
Made in us
Near Golden Daemon Caliber





Affton, MO. USA

Can’t tell from sprue pics, but with the new legs do you think there will be space for combat tails?

LOL, Theo your mind is an amazing place, never change.-camkierhi 9/19/13
I cant believe theo is right.. damn. -comradepanda 9/26/13
None of the strange ideas we had about you involved your sexual orientation..........-Monkeytroll 12/10/13

I'd put you on ignore for that comment, if I could...Alpharius 2/11/14 
   
Made in nl
[MOD]
Indomitable Hell Rider of Glorious Renown






102nd Expeditionary Fleet

No tails on the sprue, but the lower part of the body has enough space to add something there.

No meltagun present either, but I've got a feeling they'll be doing the same thing they did with the original Knight kit: release an upgrade sprue down the road with one or more new arm options, a replacement weapon for the heavy stubber and carapace weapons.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/13 19:34:29


Of Knights & Nobles - a P&M blog about Knights, nobles and some things in between

Be ash and cinder forevermore!

V - 11 | T - 3 | 敗 - 40

DakkaDakka | Where you thank the mods for baning you! 
   
Made in gb
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot





UK

Spoiler:
Cryptek of Awesome wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
Cryptek of Awesome wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
JWBS wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
I will buy the kit when GW releases a new Imperial Knights Renegades box ...

Haha, that's exactly what I've been thinking for a few days now. I think we're hoping for too much here.

The next IKR will obviously be 1 loyalist and 1 Chaos Knight tho.

Damn, that makes sense. Too bad, I would have liked a nice Chaos Knight or two in my collection.

Sooo... buy a box, sell the terrain, sell the Loyalist knight and you get a Chaos knight for nearly free.

I neither buy nor sell stuff on the interwebz. I could try selling stuff in my local GW but it´s honestly too much of a hassle. No, the only sensible way would be if GW offers Chaos Knights at a discount like they did in the past with the IK. Remember GW, customer is king.

I'm guessing this is some dry German humor that I'm just not quite getting...
If they do release another Renegade box set, I'll be eagerly using the dark and scary 'interwebz' to pick up some really sweet looking new Chaos knights for $40 each.

When Imperial Knights Renegade was for sale last I wasn't running a Renegade Knights list. I wouldn't normally go to eBay for gaming stuff but when it comes to knights the savings can be significant. I recently made a couple of offers on eBay for new Imperial Knight Renegade boxes but they're selling for £170+ now they're OOP In the end I somehow landed a boxed Imperial Knight Warden for £50

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2019/05/13 20:55:50


https://www.flickr.com/photos/brothercastor/
[800] Ultramarines
[1500] Renegade Knights 
   
Made in ch
Sword-Wielding Bloodletter of Khorne






Is the Chaos Knight taller than a regular Imperial Knight due to he extra joint and leg-piece?
   
Made in gb
Multispectral Hsien





Gosport, UK

 Darkseid wrote:
Is the Chaos Knight taller than a regular Imperial Knight due to he extra joint and leg-piece?


I don’t think so. The extra joint goes more backwards than upwards.
   
Made in au
Regular Dakkanaut




Hiding behind terrain

Abit of a let down if it only comes with the base weapons of the initial Imperial Knight kit when they've since expanded the weapons range twice for imperials.
If I was going to field a chaos/renegade knight I'd rather buy a Preceptor Rex kit and magnetise the abundant weapons.
   
Made in gb
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot





UK

Well in the index you can't use Preceptor loadouts so it will be interesting to see if that's in the codex. That's why I went for the Warden box...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brothercastor/
[800] Ultramarines
[1500] Renegade Knights 
   
Made in us
Veteran Inquisitor with Xenos Alliances






I'm certainly in the group that would like to see a return of rules for Daemon-knight/Hellknights or whatever name they get called. Even if they aren't in the codex I hope now that we're getting a plastic Chaos Knight, FW uses it as an opportunity to rebrand their old kit as a more daemonic one. There are simply too many cool conversions that go beyond just being a chaos knight dedicated to a particular god that deserve rules recognition.

 ImAGeek wrote:
 Darkseid wrote:
Is the Chaos Knight taller than a regular Imperial Knight due to he extra joint and leg-piece?


I don’t think so. The extra joint goes more backwards than upwards.
One thing we haven't see on the Chaos knight is the missile pod, all the spikes probably get in the way... but it looks like the Chaos Knight is as tall without the pod as the Paladin is with the pod.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/05/14 13:15:46


 
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





 Brother Castor wrote:
Spoiler:
Cryptek of Awesome wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
Cryptek of Awesome wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
 lord_blackfang wrote:
JWBS wrote:
 Strg Alt wrote:
I will buy the kit when GW releases a new Imperial Knights Renegades box ...

Haha, that's exactly what I've been thinking for a few days now. I think we're hoping for too much here.

The next IKR will obviously be 1 loyalist and 1 Chaos Knight tho.

Damn, that makes sense. Too bad, I would have liked a nice Chaos Knight or two in my collection.

Sooo... buy a box, sell the terrain, sell the Loyalist knight and you get a Chaos knight for nearly free.

I neither buy nor sell stuff on the interwebz. I could try selling stuff in my local GW but it´s honestly too much of a hassle. No, the only sensible way would be if GW offers Chaos Knights at a discount like they did in the past with the IK. Remember GW, customer is king.

I'm guessing this is some dry German humor that I'm just not quite getting...
If they do release another Renegade box set, I'll be eagerly using the dark and scary 'interwebz' to pick up some really sweet looking new Chaos knights for $40 each.

When Imperial Knights Renegade was for sale last I wasn't running a Renegade Knights list. I wouldn't normally go to eBay for gaming stuff but when it comes to knights the savings can be significant. I recently made a couple of offers on eBay for new Imperial Knight Renegade boxes but they're selling for £170+ now they're OOP In the end I somehow landed a boxed Imperial Knight Warden for £50


Nah, I don´t run an IK list either and own four IK. They just look gorgeous fully painted in the glass cabinet and once in a while they get some action in IKR.
   
Made in gb
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot





UK

Is the game any good? I thought people only bought it to play 40K with the models

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brothercastor/
[800] Ultramarines
[1500] Renegade Knights 
   
Made in de
Dakka Veteran





 Brother Castor wrote:
Is the game any good? I thought people only bought it to play 40K with the models


I ´ll give you my honest opinion about this topic. Yes, IKR is a really bad game and the whole purpose of the box was to supply the customer with IK at a discount. So why do I play it? Well, I wrote custom rules for the game which includes a damage chart for the back, different speed modes, ramming rules, a multitude of USR akin to 6th 40K, Ork Stompa rules and damage chart, damage chart for buildings and finally a random events chart which is handled by a poker deck.

Why all the effort? In the good old days I played a couple of times Battletech. I liked it a lot but the minis sucked big time and strangely their design didn´t improve up to this day. WTF?! So when the IK were released by GW I fulfilled one of my dreams: Collecting a couple of awesome, stompy, giant robots to relive the golden days of the hobby. Sorry AT, you arrived way too late.

I could use the IK for 8th as three of my knights are already painted but transporting them is quite a hassle. Second, playing a pure IK army in 40K seldom leads to a satisfying game unless the opposing force is also comprised of IK. Third, i would need to buy the new IK codex which I won´t do because I quit collecting army books at the end of 5th 40K.
   
Made in gb
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot





UK

 Strg Alt wrote:
 Brother Castor wrote:
Is the game any good? I thought people only bought it to play 40K with the models


I ´ll give you my honest opinion about this topic. Yes, IKR is a really bad game and the whole purpose of the box was to supply the customer with IK at a discount. So why do I play it? Well, I wrote custom rules for the game which includes a damage chart for the back, different speed modes, ramming rules, a multitude of USR akin to 6th 40K, Ork Stompa rules and damage chart, damage chart for buildings and finally a random events chart which is handled by a poker deck.

Why all the effort? In the good old days I played a couple of times Battletech. I liked it a lot but the minis sucked big time and strangely their design didn´t improve up to this day. WTF?! So when the IK were released by GW I fulfilled one of my dreams: Collecting a couple of awesome, stompy, giant robots to relive the golden days of the hobby. Sorry AT, you arrived way too late.

I could use the IK for 8th as three of my knights are already painted but transporting them is quite a hassle. Second, playing a pure IK army in 40K seldom leads to a satisfying game unless the opposing force is also comprised of IK. Third, i would need to buy the new IK codex which I won´t do because I quit collecting army books at the end of 5th 40K.

That sounds great - why not

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brothercastor/
[800] Ultramarines
[1500] Renegade Knights 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: