Switch Theme:

[Modiphius] - Fallout Wasteland Warfare 2022: June releases - Protectrons, Children of Atom, STLs  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Bane Knight






angel of death 007 wrote:
 Rotgut wrote:
 JonWebb wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
angel of death 007 wrote:
 Monkeysloth wrote:
Cards are with the new book only.


they come inside the book?

That is good to know, thank you. I just saw the preorders in USA for books through online retailers but it didn't say if it had the cards.

I would love to buy the whole set from Mordiphus but with the cost and shipping it is a lot of money. A lot cheaper to order it from a retailer in USA and get free shipping and a little discount.


Yes. They're unfortunately die cut with this expansion due to production issues and covid but that makes them easy to pack in with the book.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Rotgut wrote:
I’ve been waiting for the new Vegas stuff and it looks so good!

I am a little disappointed there isn’t a bundle with a box from both factions because I would be all over that to get that burning man.


He should go on sale individually late this year early next I believe. All the bundle exclusives eventually go up on the store sometime during the wave after their release.


The cards and book are one product yes, though to clarify the card sheets are not bound in the book but packed with it so no tearing sheets out and marring the book.

Not sure I understand Rotguts question. A bundle of which boxes? We’ve got the bundle of all six NCR and Legion sets plus rules and Burned Man but otherwise as Monkeysloth notes he will get a solo release at the end of the wave(in retail etc).



Hey I meant a set that had a core NCR and core legion box together with the book, but I’m glad I can get the burning man later, the new minis looks so good!


You can and you can't get burning man later..... depends on what you mean by get. Even though second hand retailers sometimes list the limited edition models I have had all my orders canceled for them. So the only way you can get it is from Mordiphus and will pay 3x the cost of the model for shipping. So hopefully you live in Europe other then that it is high hopes.

I am on my 3rd order with Nuka girl as a part of it.... but it seems Mordiphus only will provide them on their site and not to retailers, esp USA retailers. So sad...


All the promo figures are available to retailers through the DTR scheme if not via standard distro. It all depends on the margin (selling product at a loss to distro isn’t a great plan).

Not sure why your store hasn’t been able to get stock but get them to reach out to support@modiphius.com and we’ll see if we can help.

Sadly shipping prices have spiked (Covid and lack of planes/boats) and as noted above while we are working on sorting EU/US warehousing it’s far from a simple process even before Brexit + Covid.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





The download page has been updated with all the Unit/equipment cards for the Mojave release and point values.

https://www.modiphius.com/fallout-downloads.html
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





Got my Bundle today. I always like it when a 7 day delivery notice gets bumped to 2 days. I must live pretty close to a new DHL hub as I'm in the Western US and usually things from the UK, and Modiphius, take 5-7 to get here.

Had a bit of time to look over the New Vegas Expansion booklet. It's mostly scenarios, figure checklists (but only NCR and Legion and nothing else from the wave which is odd), and painting charts (not step by step guides but showing Army Painter colors for base, shade and highlight) which I'm sure lots of people will be happy with.

There are a few new rules. Achievements which do give you bonuses in Settlement mode so that's awesome. They're basically what they sound like, things to achieve in a game or series of games but, outside of settlement mode, provide no official bonus. That being said I could see people in a friendly game awarding bonus points for doing them.

I would be nice to have the achievement checklist as a download PDF in the future--maybe editable so you can check things and then reset it.

The big new rule is Story Line events. These replace the normal event deck with a long form dynamic event that has various stages you have to work around. Each new round you advance the event phase to the next part. They're a fun way, from the looks of it, to extend the existing scenario supply to be more replayable as these Story Line Events affect all sides/players generally equally and you could use different ones on the same scenario and it would play very different.

There are only two in the rulebook but they don't require cards so I see lots of these available for download (either official or fan made) and in future expansions. I'll have to try one out sometime but I think it's a nice addition to the game and its no more complicated then the normal event deck which is also nice.

Lastly there's new official rules on item and how to swap them between units. Basically you can carry an item if you cannot use it but you have to drop it and let another figure pick it up to pass it to another figure. Since FWW allows a player to chain together several activations this was done to prevent abuse with passing something between 6 figures in the same turn.

There are 5 scenarios that are focused around the events leading up to the Hoover Dam battle as well as one during the battle. It makes me think having a solo campaign where you start with the Courier (or similar priced RPG character) and follow missions from the game earning caps to hire new units so the scenarios can get progressively harder/bigger would be a fun addition to the game.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2021/05/20 02:45:44


 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





James Sheahan, the Designer of Fallout Wasteland Warfare, announced today he is steping away from that role to go back to working on Video Games.

Hi All. It does not seem very long ago I was drawing the first Unit cards whilst on a train journey and colouring in pieces of wooden dowel with felt-tip pens to make the first range rulers (which I learned the hard way needed to be coated with clear nail varnish to stop the coloured ink staining my hands during play). Today, my time as designer of Fallout: Wasteland Warfare has reached its end. After creating the rules, 250+ Units, 250+ weapons, 2,000+ cards, multiple expansion rule sets and modules, an AI system, an RPG, multiple scenarios and campaigns, and even a solo RPG campaign, I am returning to the video games industry (where I spent a lot of my early career) to be a designer of multiplayer console games.

Whilst my work on F:WW is complete, some expansions I designed are still to be released: Homestead (an expanded Settlement mode where you physically layout your settlement as you build it so you can play scenarios in it and defend it from attacks as well as a Settlement Event system too); Vault-Tec (allowing you to explore procedurally-generated vaults whilst attempting various objectives); The Unexpected Shepherd Parts 2 and 3 (the solo RPG campaign using choose-your-own-path mechanics with scenarios to playout using models); plus, the cards for several waves of models. The team at Modiphius, who have always been involved in F:WW’s development and have created some content already, will take over creating further content and designing for F:WW’s future.

I want to thank all the players who have played F:WW. I am proud of the game and its mechanics, but even more so of the players who have supported the game, helped each other, shared great games, created amazing terrain, shared their amazingly painted models, and had fun. My thanks to everyone at Modiphius who have helped bring this game to market too.
While it is hard to step away from F:WW, I am excited for my future challenge and for F:WW’s future. As I will no longer be involved, I will not be able to answer any rules questions as those decisions will be up to the guys at Modiphius and I wouldn’t want to give answers that conflict with anything they have planned.
As well as my new role, I hope I will be releasing some other tabletop games of my own in the future too – I hope you will check them out when I do. Until then, I wish you all the best for the future, and that you continue having fun in the Wasteland.
James.



I'll be interesting to see where the game goes from here as overall I think it's very well done, and that the new job goes well for James, but there are some quirks that seams like they might be more from the designer then Modiphius (the shear amount you have to keep track and the space for it of for this game makes it worse then some Fantasy Flight stuff makes me pull out Elderscrolls often which has a much less time consuming setup) and I'm curious to see how much that gets relooked at down the road (Jon has stated there are some goals for making the game more approachable).

His statement also shows some of the releases that have been talked about that we still haven't heard much about outside of Homestead. I'm happy to hear the rest of Unexpected Shepherd is coming and that Vault-Tec (first time the name has been used) is also done on his side so those could come out this year.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/06/04 21:08:29


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






A little tease of the upcoming Commonwealth wave that follows New Vegas later in the year.

[Thumb - FalloutCommonTease.jpg]


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Oh hey, Gunners.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






That very much looks like a "rest of the 'wealth" wave. Railroad, Gunners, Children of Atom, caravaneers (who cares if it's the actual guys, we finally get Brahmin!) and assorted creature/robot stuff. Doggos, Deathclaw eggs, a Handy with a hat - now I don't have much of a wishlist myself for core Fallout 4 stuff, but that looks pretty complete to me.

With the possible exception of a Yao Guai. Been a pretty obvious omission from the creature lineup from the start and I'm not immediately seeing something in the teaser that might be one.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Geifer wrote:
That very much looks like a "rest of the 'wealth" wave. Railroad, Gunners, Children of Atom, caravaneers (who cares if it's the actual guys, we finally get Brahmin!) and assorted creature/robot stuff. Doggos, Deathclaw eggs, a Handy with a hat - now I don't have much of a wishlist myself for core Fallout 4 stuff, but that looks pretty complete to me.

With the possible exception of a Yao Guai. Been a pretty obvious omission from the creature lineup from the start and I'm not immediately seeing something in the teaser that might be one.


I may have forgotten to include one set in the teases that is somewhat bear shaped...

There is also a mini wave that comes right after with even more Commonwealth stuff...


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Yay! I mean, great now I get eaten by bears. Like I needed that.

But yeah, very much appreciated.

It just occurred to me that I forgot about Triggermen (and perhaps a Silver Shroud tie-in while we're on the topic of gangster). Not one of my favorite parts of Fallout 4, but I guess big enough to mention if we're talking about a complete lineup.

Hopefully with the Commonwealth stuff out of the way we'll get some fun stuff from Fallout 3. Zetans, (Pitt) slaves/slavers, Point Lookout hillbillies, Feral Ghouls that actually look cool, Little Lamplighters - there's so much potential. Or those Nuka-World Raiders that have been talked about way back when, if I remember correctly.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Geifer wrote:
Yay! I mean, great now I get eaten by bears. Like I needed that.

But yeah, very much appreciated.

It just occurred to me that I forgot about Triggermen (and perhaps a Silver Shroud tie-in while we're on the topic of gangster). Not one of my favorite parts of Fallout 4, but I guess big enough to mention if we're talking about a complete lineup.

Hopefully with the Commonwealth stuff out of the way we'll get some fun stuff from Fallout 3. Zetans, (Pitt) slaves/slavers, Point Lookout hillbillies, Feral Ghouls that actually look cool, Little Lamplighters - there's so much potential. Or those Nuka-World Raiders that have been talked about way back when, if I remember correctly.


Post Commonwealth we are off to the Capitol for sure, though currently more covering some top ups to existing things rather than new...

Nuka World... well, I've certainly been exploring a lot of that DLC in the last few months...

After that, we shall have to see won't we. But with the bulk of FO4 getting at least something (Far Harbour notwithstanding) we probably should start to focus in on other areas a bit more closely.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Sounds good.

 JonWebb wrote:
Post Commonwealth we are off to the Capitol for sure, though currently more covering some top ups to existing things rather than new...


Did you just say mind controlled Deathclaws? Of course you did! No, go ahead, don't let me stop you. I'll take mind controlled Deathclaws, no problem!

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Geifer wrote:
Sounds good.

 JonWebb wrote:
Post Commonwealth we are off to the Capitol for sure, though currently more covering some top ups to existing things rather than new...


Did you just say mind controlled Deathclaws? Of course you did! No, go ahead, don't let me stop you. I'll take mind controlled Deathclaws, no problem!


I mean, I didn't ... buuuut....

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






 JonWebb wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
Sounds good.

 JonWebb wrote:
Post Commonwealth we are off to the Capitol for sure, though currently more covering some top ups to existing things rather than new...


Did you just say mind controlled Deathclaws? Of course you did! No, go ahead, don't let me stop you. I'll take mind controlled Deathclaws, no problem!


I mean, I didn't ... buuuut....


Dont start down that rabbit hole! We dont want to end up with Deathclaws that talk and wear trenchcoat do we?
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





I pretty excited to be getting the new robot packs, I've been holding off painting any of the ones I have until I can see what my options are for builds to decide what I want to do from each kit and the old sets. Which, by the way, will those be retired eventually or will you still be selling the combo set robots?

I'm surprised to see what looks like a mongrel, I would have thought you'd go the Elder Scrolls route on those and just tell people to go use whatever dog models you wanted to free up releases for something less generic.

The question is if you're just going to release a Decan head set for him, if he's part of this wave, instead of (or in addition) to a model. That would be pretty funny. Could be a good April Fools joke for next year.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/25 20:08:00


 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






The current robot kit will remain, the two new sets add new options rather than a straight replacement.


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in us
Member of the Ethereal Council






So I dont plan on playing these games really, too many game As is, but i am thinking of doing Dioramas.
Im excited for the Brahmin for this. I can make a cool Caravan one to go along with my battle of hoover dam one

5000pts 6000pts 3000pts
 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 Monkeysloth wrote:
I'm surprised to see what looks like a mongrel, I would have thought you'd go the Elder Scrolls route on those and just tell people to go use whatever dog models you wanted to free up releases for something less generic.


To be fair the mongrels in Fallout 4 are pretty skinny and almost hairless. I'm not saying there's only models of healthy dogs out there, but that specific aesthetic isn't something I remember having come across. I can appreciate getting a proper model for them.

 Monkeysloth wrote:
The question is if you're just going to release a Decan head set for him, if he's part of this wave, instead of (or in addition) to a model. That would be pretty funny. Could be a good April Fools joke for next year.


Yeah, that'd be funny.

Also, I think we needn't worry about if he's coming. The guy on the left in the picture with the shirt and sniper rifle very much looks like it's Deacon.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Geifer wrote:


Also, I think we needn't worry about if he's coming. The guy on the left in the picture with the shirt and sniper rifle very much looks like it's Deacon.


Surely if we ever did Deacon it would be in his pants and nothing else no?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/06/26 09:43:41


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 JonWebb wrote:
 Geifer wrote:


Also, I think we needn't worry about if he's coming. The guy on the left in the picture with the shirt and sniper rifle very much looks like it's Deacon.


Surely if we ever did Deacon it would be in his pants and nothing else no?


I wish. Such a fine body, pretty face and brilliant mind shouldn't be hidden away under nasty clothes.

But I mean, you've already done so many Deacon models in the past couple of years that I really can't ask for another one. Don't want to sound greedy, you see.



I do have a genuine desire for human models that show more skin, though. I thought the Raider outfits in Fallout 3 looked way, way cooler than the Fallout 4 ones. More Mad Max. More post apocalyptic. Just... more. Which is why I occasionally drop my Fallout 3 wishlist when plans for the future are discussed. It's a notable aesthetic gap due to the considerable focus on Fallout 4 in the current model line (bar the enslaved tech, oddly enough. Such a great model for using the Pitt outfit).

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Geifer wrote:
 JonWebb wrote:
 Geifer wrote:


Also, I think we needn't worry about if he's coming. The guy on the left in the picture with the shirt and sniper rifle very much looks like it's Deacon.


Surely if we ever did Deacon it would be in his pants and nothing else no?


I wish. Such a fine body, pretty face and brilliant mind shouldn't be hidden away under nasty clothes.

But I mean, you've already done so many Deacon models in the past couple of years that I really can't ask for another one. Don't want to sound greedy, you see.



I do have a genuine desire for human models that show more skin, though. I thought the Raider outfits in Fallout 3 looked way, way cooler than the Fallout 4 ones. More Mad Max. More post apocalyptic. Just... more. Which is why I occasionally drop my Fallout 3 wishlist when plans for the future are discussed. It's a notable aesthetic gap due to the considerable focus on Fallout 4 in the current model line (bar the enslaved tech, oddly enough. Such a great model for using the Pitt outfit).


Deacon is a bit like the Sole/Lone Survivor in that respect, almost any of the models could be used to represent them...

I think folks will get a kick out of Deacon though... I did as much as I could given the limitations of how much we can put in a box.

Regarding raiders (and other creatures) in non FO4 styling, its a really tricky thing. I know folks want them, but we have to be careful not to make sets that are purely aesthetic (outside of short run promo stuff of course) so doing a set of FO3 raiders would need to have an in game difference from the FO4 ones (beyond armour which can be done at the item level, not at the unit card level). There is another set of raiders in the run and if all goes to plan with Nuka World there will obviously be three more thereafter.

I'll keep mining as much as I can from outside of FO4, but FO4 is the easiest to convert for the game both in terms of access to materials and assets for reference and also just in terms of fit for the game. Things from the older games are planned and some even exist, but they have to have a purpose in game or else they just won't sell enough to cover their production costs. Sadly I think the boss might be annoyed if I don't keep the line profitable.

The other reality is of course, more folks have played FO4 than any other version of the game, so as much as someone's favourite character might be some obscure side quest from FO1, that doesn't mean the matching model would be viable as a released model...

The inclusion of the Enslaved Tech in what is essentially a FO4 starter set amuses me...

There are plans afoot though, to cover more in the future, just about finding the right product and the right time in the release schedule.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Makes sense. It's an understandable and sensible approach.

It's why you need to introduce a Slaver faction that you can attach the Fallout 3 Raider armors to. And then blame it all on Bethesda for recklessly reusing assets in their add-ons and giving you the excuse to do the same.

Side note, I'm quite happy to be on the customer side of things. Lets me pursue those flights of fancy with no regard for business realities. I don't envy you your position.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





A slaver sub faction (like nightkins) would probably be the best way to get the FO3 raider aesthetic officially in the game. FO4 conveniently left out slavers (most likely so they didn't have to deal with the Rail Road not caring about human enslavement or add that into the story line as well) so it would be a good option if, as Jon says, they could bring something to the game. There are still lots of raiders that could be added in like Slags group the forged (flamers and such) and Rust Devils and the aforementioned Nuka Cola raiders.

Though my FO3 hope, outside of Herbert Daring Dashwood and his Manservant Argyle, is FO3 style Ferals as I really, really, hate the redesign for them in FO4--which I know doesn't have a huge chance of ever happening due to the very reasons john mentioned above.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
Also the US store is going to opening soon. You can sign up at this website to be notified when it does and receive a special offer -- probably a discount code and not a Ghoul Chris Birch mini sadly.

https://modiphius.us/

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at 2021/06/28 20:44:11


 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






With their effort to get better shipping for the US, I have to wonder how shipping to Europe looks these days. I kind of stopped paying attention when that Brexit nonsense hit for real. Kind of reluctant to place an order now if I don't know the full cost of it, and a glance at their terms and conditions didn't feel enlightening.

 Monkeysloth wrote:
Herbert Daring Dashwood and his Manservant Argyle


Yes, these need to happen. Add Three Dog and make it a GNR personalities box.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Geifer wrote:
With their effort to get better shipping for the US, I have to wonder how shipping to Europe looks these days. I kind of stopped paying attention when that Brexit nonsense hit for real. Kind of reluctant to place an order now if I don't know the full cost of it, and a glance at their terms and conditions didn't feel enlightening.

 Monkeysloth wrote:
Herbert Daring Dashwood and his Manservant Argyle


Yes, these need to happen. Add Three Dog and make it a GNR personalities box.


So for Europe they're going to have a European store and until that's ready Chris has said Modiphius is covering any additional taxes from brexit. I'm not sure of the exact requirements but I think it was you have to pay with a European address in Euros. If you contact them (support@modiphius.com) I'm sure they could explain it to you.

Also I like the idea of a GNR personalities box. I was figuring a pre-order bonus but clearly they need a general release with Three Dog.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/06/28 20:42:06


 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Good to know. Thanks.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






A new blog post has gone up including the winners and several other great entries for the New Vegas terrain building event.
https://www.modiphius.net/blogs/news/fallout-friday-july-2021?fbclid=IwAR3942UAvyEnoOmLV2FiS-CFkOv1iRKembK5HNVF58VY1gQXe8Qzj90ok3c

It also features some more community highlights. As ever, don't forget to tag me with the #FalloutFriday or else send over pictures to support@modiphius.com marked for my attention as I love to share what everyone is up to.

For anyone who isn't picking up the New Vegas bundles (or who wants more reinforcements) the last two sets for the initial wave of NCR and Legion are in the store today.


Till next month.
[Thumb - Caesar'sLegion-VeteranWave-Scene_RGB-150dpi.jpg]

[Thumb - NCR-RangerPatrol-Scene_RGB-150dpi.jpg]


...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut




UK

 Monkeysloth wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
With their effort to get better shipping for the US, I have to wonder how shipping to Europe looks these days. I kind of stopped paying attention when that Brexit nonsense hit for real. Kind of reluctant to place an order now if I don't know the full cost of it, and a glance at their terms and conditions didn't feel enlightening.

 Monkeysloth wrote:
Herbert Daring Dashwood and his Manservant Argyle


Yes, these need to happen. Add Three Dog and make it a GNR personalities box.


So for Europe they're going to have a European store and until that's ready Chris has said Modiphius is covering any additional taxes from brexit. I'm not sure of the exact requirements but I think it was you have to pay with a European address in Euros. If you contact them (support@modiphius.com) I'm sure they could explain it to you.



Ok so if you order with tracked shipping inside the EU we cover the taxes so there's nothing extra to pay. If you order with cheaper untracked shipping then we're not able to cover it for you.

The US store should be up and running in a couple of weeks we're just starting testing, and once we get US up we'll start looking at the EU as a local warehouse there will help reduce shipping costs again.


Fallout: Wasteland Warfare
https://www.modiphius.net/pages/fallout-wasteland-warfare
Elder Scrolls Call to Arms
https://www.modiphius.net/pages/elder-scrolls


 
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it!

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in ro
Boom! Leman Russ Commander





Will the New Vegas factions be expanded upon or are they a one-and-done for the time being?
   
Made in gb
Bane Knight






 Arbitrator wrote:
Will the New Vegas factions be expanded upon or are they a one-and-done for the time being?


Nothing in the immediate queue, but I am sure we will pop back over to New Vegas in time for some more options.

There is still a lot of fun to be had there, let's face it.

...and you will know me by the trail of my lead... 
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: