Switch Theme:

Primaris Gamebreakors!!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in es
Regular Dakkanaut




Well both of them got mixed... you know like in the "Primaris Gamebreakors" video.

I watch the video again... really funny... I give a thumbs up for it on YT also

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/08 17:37:56


 
   
Made in pl
Fixture of Dakka




a_typical_hero 800753 11214503 wrote:

The short lifecycle of SM 2.0 is something GW can and should be criticized about. Sniper intercessors were not a new release at that time, though and the Dreads that got used by IH were Firstborn. Both got reigned in somewhat by the Errata back then.


Have you seen IH or RG played in 9th, even at half the numbers they were played in at the end of 8th ed. You can't use a chaplain dread anymore, because it is in legends. Sniper boltguns were a thing pre 2.0, yes. And they were so bad that no one used them. GW knew that without the rules interaction they created and they knew in advance, unless they out source rules writing, people would invest in to the armies. If you make an option for an army to mass infiltrate stuff, promote it as a cool options and then people go off to buy very expensive kits, where one box doesn't even make one full unit, and then a few months later, you change the rules, then something is very much wrong. Because it does feel like false advertisment, specially when GW are the only ones that can change the rules for the game, they create.

Humour cannot be explained to rules layers just like sound cannot be explained to and understand properly by deaf people.

That is not true. You just take a speaker and put it against their body and turn it on full blast.

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in ca
Kroot Carnivore





princeyg wrote:
Wow, What a thread. Anyone even possibly consider the idea that the only motivation for this vid was to give people a good giggle??


Thank you!

Everyone always seems to be trying to overanalyze everything for eternity. Sometimes people just make something because they want to. Not saying there were no ulterior motives, but there's no way to know if there were either. We don't know him.

He seems so neutral most of the time, but he's got a really subtle sense of humor that I've always really liked. Has anyone else ever noticed that whenever he does an Ork video, he calls it Orkspecs Tactics. It's clearer in some videos that others, but he's always had a sense of humor about things, it's just never really front and center like it was with this.

Changing things up isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm generally positive about 40k, but that doesn't mean I can't step back from that and take some well deserved shots at them from time to time. People are complex with complex opinions, it's not just black and white.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/08 17:48:09


15000 4000 3500 2500 :tyranid: 2500 1000 1000
1000 1000 1000 1000  
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut



Bamberg / Erlangen

Vatsetis wrote:
Its very easy to understand... Im not going to have a rigged "debate" inside the conceptual frame of people who just seek for self validation... It dosent matter if actually many Primaris units arent OP always... It dosent matter if GW giving a bonus to Erradicators actually made much better the firstborn attack bike... The intent of GW when creating this unit is very straight forward and it dosent have to br be done "perfectly"... The video hits the nail... Its a parody... Not a competitive 40K primaris tactics in depth article.

The bolded part matters a lot if you say the Primaris line is a good example of predatory marketing. You can even have those Eradicators as part of the OP list. Makes it 3 (in words "three") units so far out of ~45. Three releases in 4 years. 7% of Primaris releases. Or 93% of all releases haven't been OP enough to count as predatory. I think Primaris are a pretty bad example for this after all, aren't they?

So far your only contribution to this has been low key insults to my intelligence and you avoiding to present a counter argument or anything that would support your opinion. I don't think you have a point at all and that you are full of crap to be honest, dancing around engaging properly in a discussion and basically saying "I'm too smart to have a debate with you and I'm not even trying because you wouldn't understand it anyway".

I give you the benefit of the doubt one more time, though. If my way of judging (which is in line with how it is presented in the video, btw) wether Primaris have been part of a predatory marketing scheme is "rigged", please go ahead and tell me with what factors you measure them to come to your initial conclusion.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/09/08 20:39:25


Imperial Guard Space Marines
 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Brilliant!

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in us
Quick-fingered Warlord Moderatus






 JohnnyHell wrote:
 Suzuteo wrote:
 phandaal wrote:
Seems like people enjoy his video too, because it's got massively more viewers than any of his other recent stuff.

Given how many 40K channels got nuked off Youtube recently, I guess we're all thirsty for content.


So how many actually did? Seems like innuendo stated as fact.

Two channels that I sub are gone. And I feel like the ecosystem has definitely changed. A lot of people pre-empting any potential legal problems.
   
Made in es
Regular Dakkanaut




a_typical_hero wrote:
Vatsetis wrote:
Its very easy to understand... Im not going to have a rigged "debate" inside the conceptual frame of people who just seek for self validation... It dosent matter if actually many Primaris units arent OP always... It dosent matter if GW giving a bonus to Erradicators actually made much better the firstborn attack bike... The intent of GW when creating this unit is very straight forward and it dosent have to br be done "perfectly"... The video hits the nail... Its a parody... Not a competitive 40K primaris tactics in depth article.

The bolded part matters a lot if you say the Primaris line is a good example of predatory marketing. You can even have those Eradicators as part of the OP list. Makes it 3 (in words "three") units so far out of ~45. Three releases in 4 years. 7% of Primaris releases. Or 93% of all releases haven't been OP enough to count as predatory. I think Primaris are a pretty bad example for this after all, aren't they?

So far your only contribution to this has been low key insults to my intelligence and you avoiding to present a counter argument or anything that would support your opinion. I don't think you have a point at all and that you are full of crap to be honest, dancing around engaging properly in a discussion and basically saying "I'm too smart to have a debate with you and I'm not even trying because you wouldn't understand it anyway".

I give you the benefit of the doubt one more time, though. If my way of judging (which is in line with how it is presented in the video, btw) wether Primaris have been part of a predatory marketing scheme is "rigged", please go ahead and tell me with what factors you measure them to come to your initial conclusion.


The target of the predatory marketing arround Primaris are not the WAAC MetaChasser crowd that will inmediatly identify the product to exploit and therefore purchase or replicate some esoteric FW model.

The new, shiny, and aparrently good Primaris units are targeted towards a much more casual player base.

There is absolutely no need (and it would be even detrimental for GW) if all new Primaris units where indeed OP.

And just for the sake of clarificatio n. PRIMARIS IS NOT SYNONYM with PREDATORY (but SOME primaris units can be an excellent vessel for GW predatory tactics).
   
Made in de
Longtime Dakkanaut



Bamberg / Erlangen

So it is less about the performance of the unit ruleswise for you and more about "you NEED this hype" created by WarCom articles and Twitch model preview videos?

Edit:
Could you give a concrete example, please?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/09 09:28:18


Imperial Guard Space Marines
 
   
Made in es
Regular Dakkanaut




Yep.

Examples... Well the last intro box... Erradicators, Blade Guards looked very OP on release date.
   
Made in pl
Fixture of Dakka




OP must have a different meaning in different places then. Because with problems with actually getting the models put aside, the attack bikes and vanvets were always better. Specially when apothecaries could resurect an attack bike. They weren't even that good for specific marine armies. The actually OP at release salamanders had aggresors as core of their army, and not eradictors. Even before the nerf done by GW, people were no longer spaming them.

There is a difference between being OP and being good. Eradictors have melta weapons and melta weapons, are or were good at the start of 9th. But they are no where near the level of the stuff which was really OP, like flame salamanders aggresors pre nerf, infinite attack succubi and the AD mecha chickens being core. eradictors were considered OP, because people who don't play marines often, see anything marines have as bad for the game, too good etc.

If you have to kill, then kill in the best manner. If you slaughter, then slaughter in the best manner. Let one of you sharpen his knife so his animal feels no pain. 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





 JohnnyHell wrote:
 Suzuteo wrote:
 phandaal wrote:
Seems like people enjoy his video too, because it's got massively more viewers than any of his other recent stuff.

Given how many 40K channels got nuked off Youtube recently, I guess we're all thirsty for content.


So how many actually did? Seems like innuendo stated as fact.


And here is the opinion of some actual YouTube content creators...





   
Made in us
Stalwart Dark Angels Space Marine




Plains World

 Suzuteo wrote:
 JohnnyHell wrote:
 Suzuteo wrote:
 phandaal wrote:
Seems like people enjoy his video too, because it's got massively more viewers than any of his other recent stuff.

Given how many 40K channels got nuked off Youtube recently, I guess we're all thirsty for content.


So how many actually did? Seems like innuendo stated as fact.

Two channels that I sub are gone. And I feel like the ecosystem has definitely changed. A lot of people pre-empting any potential legal problems.


Valrak said on his stream the other day that he'd just stop making videos if GW gave him trouble because it's not worth his time to fight them in order to make fan content.

He's a self-admitted GW fanboy as well.
   
Made in ie
Dakka Veteran




Ireland

Great video, and for me encapsulates why I don't play current 40K.

Also...

This thread has taken a very odd direction based on what is blatantly a funny video.

The objective of the game is to win. The point of the game is to have fun. The two should never be confused. 
   
Made in es
[DCM]
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor






your mind

 stonehorse wrote:
Great video, and for me encapsulates why I don't play current 40K.

Also...

This thread has taken a very odd direction based on what is blatantly a funny video.

Dakka Dakka!!


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 amanita wrote:
Spoiler:
 JohnnyHell wrote:
 Suzuteo wrote:
 phandaal wrote:
Seems like people enjoy his video too, because it's got massively more viewers than any of his other recent stuff.

Given how many 40K channels got nuked off Youtube recently, I guess we're all thirsty for content.


So how many actually did? Seems like innuendo stated as fact.


And here is the opinion of some actual YouTube content creators...
Spoiler:







Thanks for the link.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/09/25 06:56:00


   
Made in us
Shas'ui with Bonding Knife






Pretty funny video. A bit difficult to listen due to unintentional "asmr noises" or whatever they're specifically called

Reminded me a lot of this old gem


bonbaonbardlements

Looking forward to a new Tau Codex just so I can go back to carrying around 1 damn book instead of three with a mess of stapled FAQ and errata printouts for each of them. 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




"Two for the price of three" made me lol, I have to admit.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Irbis wrote:
This whole video was unfunny drivel. Hello, it's not 2019 and 8th edition anymore, SM are no longer any good, and seeing top 3 armies currently are harlequins, deldar, and admech, this would have any semblance to reality if it was Eldaris Gamebreakors. To make this gak even dumber, in last three years NOT A SINGLE primaris unit was in any way OP (if you squint hard you might point at pre-nerf eradicators, but even then quad las contemptor and melta attack bike were strictly better, just rare on tables because few people own them). Every single 'OP' unit SM recently fielded was squat, be it van vets, sang guard, DW termies, ravenwing, FW pay to win gak, smash jump/bike captains, sternguard, etc, etc, anyone sees anything primaris in here? Hell, GW largely destroyed the point of primaris by giving squats W2, an insane move if all you wanted was promotion of new models.

And the best part is, that shot his own foot by completely annihilating that joke of an ""argument"" showing reivers. Premier primaris unit that GW would love to sell more of, but their rules had always been terrible. It's like flat earther video showing globe then photo of earth from space not noticing it makes anything that come before it downright comical. The whole thing feels like rant of some salty 4chan troll who complains about his own strawman, not what is actually happening.

 Suzuteo wrote:
That said, it is surprising to see something like this from him specifically because it is a jarring tonal shift. You can be cynical and say that he was neutral before and negative now due to self-interest, but you cannot deny that even in the microcosm of this thread, a negative attitude does not seem to win you many admirers.

He did parrot 4chan nonsense before. It was just hard to spot because 95% of "content" he "makes" is copy-pasted from WarhammerCompetitive, place where people complain about rules, not models. It was hard to spot but it was there.



I think we can all agree you not only missed the point, but it flew right past you and set us up the bomb. Now, we have no chance to survive and must make our time to launch every zig. For great justice.
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: