Switch Theme:

Necrons NEW 8th ed. Codex tactica - [please post lists under spoilers]  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Irked Necron Immortal




Interesting!
   
Made in fi
Fresh-Faced New User




Having played mostly same list for a while now, thought that I would spruce things up by going a bit more melee. Necron melee is not that great afaik, but any critique/comment on the list?
The meta is not super competitive nor is it casual. The basis is on the wraithwing with CP battery battalion.

Spoiler:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Necrons) [53 PL, 7CP, 878pts] ++

Dynastic Heirlooms [-1CP]: Dynastic Heirlooms: 1 Extra Artefact

Dynasty Choice
. Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ +

Cryptek [5 PL, 85pts]: Artefact: The Veil of Darkness, Canoptek Cloak, Staff of Light

Overlord [6 PL, 82pts]: Voidscythe

+ Troops +

Immortals [4 PL, 75pts]: 5x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Immortals [4 PL, 75pts]: 5x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Immortals [4 PL, 75pts]: 5x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarabs [2 PL, 39pts]: 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm

Destroyers [18 PL, 287pts]
. 5x Destroyer: 5x Gauss Cannon
. Heavy Destroyer: Heavy Gauss Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Doomsday Ark [10 PL, 160pts]

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Necrons) [61 PL, 1CP, 870pts] ++

Dynasty Choice
. Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ +

Destroyer Lord [7 PL, 114pts]: Artefact (Novokh): The Blood Scythe, Phylactery, Warscythe
. Warlord: Warlord Trait (Novokh): Crimson Haze

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Wraiths [18 PL, 252pts]
. 6x Canoptek Wraith

Canoptek Wraiths [18 PL, 252pts]
. 6x Canoptek Wraith

Canoptek Wraiths [18 PL, 252pts]
. 6x Canoptek Wraith

++ Total: [114 PL, 8CP, 1,748pts] ++
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





You could go another dynasty on the battalion, unless that breaks unwritten rules in your group

Shiny 40k 8th tool with colors: dice-hammer.com 
   
Made in fi
Fresh-Faced New User




torblind wrote:
You could go another dynasty on the battalion, unless that breaks unwritten rules in your group


Not really. I only went Novokh to get the Cryptek to same dynasty as the wraiths (get the +1 RP with him when using the Wraith RP strat). Haven't tried it myself. Seen it once before.
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





pesusieni999 wrote:
torblind wrote:
You could go another dynasty on the battalion, unless that breaks unwritten rules in your group


Not really. I only went Novokh to get the Cryptek to same dynasty as the wraiths (get the +1 RP with him when using the Wraith RP strat). Haven't tried it myself. Seen it once before.


It's not a bad idea. The look on your opponents face when he spends his entire army's worth of shoting to kill 5 out of 6 wraiths, only to have 2-3 of them come back in his face, ..is always nice to see. I have never played 18 wraiths, nor seen it played (I think).

Shiny 40k 8th tool with colors: dice-hammer.com 
   
Made in gb
Irked Necron Immortal




torblind wrote:
pesusieni999 wrote:
torblind wrote:
You could go another dynasty on the battalion, unless that breaks unwritten rules in your group


Not really. I only went Novokh to get the Cryptek to same dynasty as the wraiths (get the +1 RP with him when using the Wraith RP strat). Haven't tried it myself. Seen it once before.


It's not a bad idea. The look on your opponents face when he spends his entire army's worth of shoting to kill 5 out of 6 wraiths, only to have 2-3 of them come back in his face, ..is always nice to see. I have never played 18 wraiths, nor seen it played (I think).


7th edition, as you probably remember, had 18 Wraith lists. I think 6th had the Cron Air with mass Wraiths too, didn’t it?
   
Made in dk
Discriminating Deathmark Assassin






pesusieni999 wrote:
Having played mostly same list for a while now, thought that I would spruce things up by going a bit more melee. Necron melee is not that great afaik, but any critique/comment on the list?
The meta is not super competitive nor is it casual. The basis is on the wraithwing with CP battery battalion.

Spoiler:

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Necrons) [53 PL, 7CP, 878pts] ++

Dynastic Heirlooms [-1CP]: Dynastic Heirlooms: 1 Extra Artefact

Dynasty Choice
. Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ +

Cryptek [5 PL, 85pts]: Artefact: The Veil of Darkness, Canoptek Cloak, Staff of Light

Overlord [6 PL, 82pts]: Voidscythe

+ Troops +

Immortals [4 PL, 75pts]: 5x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Immortals [4 PL, 75pts]: 5x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

Immortals [4 PL, 75pts]: 5x Immortal, Tesla Carbine

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarabs [2 PL, 39pts]: 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm

Destroyers [18 PL, 287pts]
. 5x Destroyer: 5x Gauss Cannon
. Heavy Destroyer: Heavy Gauss Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Doomsday Ark [10 PL, 160pts]

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Necrons) [61 PL, 1CP, 870pts] ++

Dynasty Choice
. Dynasty: Novokh

+ HQ +

Destroyer Lord [7 PL, 114pts]: Artefact (Novokh): The Blood Scythe, Phylactery, Warscythe
. Warlord: Warlord Trait (Novokh): Crimson Haze

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Wraiths [18 PL, 252pts]
. 6x Canoptek Wraith

Canoptek Wraiths [18 PL, 252pts]
. 6x Canoptek Wraith

Canoptek Wraiths [18 PL, 252pts]
. 6x Canoptek Wraith

++ Total: [114 PL, 8CP, 1,748pts] ++

Replace Cryptek and a Wraith with Lord and Destroyer and make the Battalion Nephrekh. Alternatively, replace Cryptek, Overlord, Destroyers and some Wraiths with two DDAs, a Lord and Imotekh and make Imotekh your WL. I don't think the Novokh Cryptek on the Wraiths is worth much and a Cryptek is worthless as far as 5-man Immortal squads are concerned.
sieGermans wrote:
torblind wrote:
pesusieni999 wrote:
torblind wrote:
You could go another dynasty on the battalion, unless that breaks unwritten rules in your group


Not really. I only went Novokh to get the Cryptek to same dynasty as the wraiths (get the +1 RP with him when using the Wraith RP strat). Haven't tried it myself. Seen it once before.


It's not a bad idea. The look on your opponents face when he spends his entire army's worth of shoting to kill 5 out of 6 wraiths, only to have 2-3 of them come back in his face, ..is always nice to see. I have never played 18 wraiths, nor seen it played (I think).


7th edition, as you probably remember, had 18 Wraith lists. I think 6th had the Cron Air with mass Wraiths too, didn’t it?

It was the most powerful Necron Index list more or less. You had the obligatory Pylon and then a few options as far as support but 18 Wraiths were about as good as you could make a Necron list back then. I've been running 18-Wraith lists all edition and a little in 7th (it was stupidly cheesy in the right Detachment with 4+++). I didn't spam them in 6th, they were strong in part as a squad supported by a Destroyer Lord giving them Prefferred Enemy, so without 3 D-Lords they weren't really any better than any other 6th edition list and I can't remember if Wraiths were truly on-par with Flyer spam. I'm not sure how good they are now, probably not worth bringing against Marines because of half movement Stratagem on two units Stratagems, even without that you'll get blown up by many lists through overwhelming firepower so you'd better be playing on nova terrain if you want to make them work. Not having Fly hurts against flyer lists but with them getting nerfed you could probably make them work at a high level. Melee is vastly more difficult to play than ranged lists, it doesn't take a lot of mistakes to lose a game and whether you're bad at the game or your brain is fritzed after 2 previous games it's just easier to do well with a list that is easier to pilot IMO.
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Perfected Haemonculi Living Sculpture






So the community page today has a blurb from the next months white dwarf and it mentions the return of the silent king to 40k and it dawned on me then how similar his actual name, Szarekh, is to Illuminor Szeras and I am starting to think that large model that comes on an oval base with stalker legs will be him. Sort of like the Necron version of a primarch.

   
Made in de
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest






Germany

With every PA book a new character model is revealed. Looks like it will be the new szeras for the necron PA book.
   
Made in ca
Regular Dakkanaut





 p5freak wrote:
With every PA book a new character model is revealed. Looks like it will be the new szeras for the necron PA book.


I believe you are referencing the WD preview on the community website.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/03/white-dwarf-preview-issue-450gw-homepage-post-2fw-homepage-post-4/

If so, that would be great. We could use a large LoW/HQ model that degfined a new playstyle, especially built around praetorians and stalkers. Let's hope for some more definite info soon.

-- Arhurt
Dakhma Dynasty - My Necron army with unique convertions 
   
Made in no
[DCM]
Grisly Ghost Ark Driver





 Red Corsair wrote:
So the community page today has a blurb from the next months white dwarf and it mentions the return of the silent king to 40k and it dawned on me then how similar his actual name, Szarekh, is to Illuminor Szeras and I am starting to think that large model that comes on an oval base with stalker legs will be him. Sort of like the Necron version of a primarch.


I agree, this sounds much more probable than too remake a single out of many apparently equally qualified finecast models in their range.

Shiny 40k 8th tool with colors: dice-hammer.com 
   
Made in us
Irked Necron Immortal





Jackson, TN

 Red Corsair wrote:
So the community page today has a blurb from the next months white dwarf and it mentions the return of the silent king to 40k and it dawned on me then how similar his actual name, Szarekh, is to Illuminor Szeras and I am starting to think that large model that comes on an oval base with stalker legs will be him. Sort of like the Necron version of a primarch.


Just like the WarhammerTV debacle. Even the blurb is the same thing that has been in the Codex for as long as I can remember.

It is so odd that they do not realize that the Silent King has been back in the galaxy since just before the Siege of Terra back in 30k. After all, he tried to negotiate with Sanguinius to get ready for the Tyranids before they got to the galaxy. But then Horus goes and destroys Sanguinius and the deal falls through. At least that is what was said to Dante when he met the Silent King.
   
Made in gb
Loyal Necron Lychguard





Bearing in mind though, the galaxy at large still mostly ignores the Necrons as isolated events, other than the "bigger things" like the World Engine or Grimmauldus' grudge

Experience is something you get just after you need it
The Narkos Dynasty - 10k
The Iron Serpents - 7.5k
Vulker Cavaliers - 3k  
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut




I must have missed the pic of the base everyone is referring to as the silent king
   
Made in de
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest






Germany

I cant wait to get another slow, overpriced character which cant go anywhere because he has no dynasty.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut




 p5freak wrote:
I cant wait to get another slow, overpriced character which cant go anywhere because he has no dynasty.

And of course he'll be decent at melee, but it won't matter since you can't whack stuff you're not next to, and he'll pay for that alone, not just buffing!

CaptainStabby wrote:
If Tyberos falls and needs to catch himself it's because the ground needed killing.

 jy2 wrote:
BTW, I can't wait to run Double-D-thirsters! Man, just thinking about it gets me Khorney.

 vipoid wrote:
Indeed - what sort of bastard would want to use their codex?

 MarsNZ wrote:
ITT: SoB players upset that they're receiving the same condescending treatment that they've doled out in every CSM thread ever.
 
   
Made in us
Numberless Necron Warrior




Wilton, CT

I really really really want to escape the current mandatory 6 Dooms - three doom scythes and three doomsday arks. With the new point costs in CA2020, one hunting pack of Orikan (5++ for everybody) with 18 Destroyers, and a second hunting pack of 18 Canoptek Wraiths is almost exactly 1750 total. How can this be made viable?
   
Made in de
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest






Germany

18 destroyers are 900 pts., and 18 wraith are 864 pts. Orikan is 115. Thats 1879 pts.
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot






Texas

If your taking that many wraiths I would pair them with Ctans and run the Novokh dynasty (6" advance one i believe, dont have the dex in front of me). Trans Ctan are capable in melee and can helpwith with mortal wounds and still cast powers in melee. The wraiths could end up tying up the targets the destroyers want to shoot.

10000+
10000+
8500+
3000+
8000+
3500+ IK Plus 1x Warhound, Reaver, Warlord Titans

DakkaSwap Successful Transactions: cormadepanda, pretre x3, LibertineIX, Lbcwanabe, privateer4hire, Cruentus (swap), Scatwick2 (swap), boneheadracer (swap), quickfuze (swap), Captain Brown (swap) x2, luftsb, Forgottonson, WillvonDoom, bocatt (swap)

*I'm on Bartertown as Dynas 
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





 Dynas wrote:
If your taking that many wraiths I would pair them with Ctans and run the Novokh dynasty (6" advance one i believe, dont have the dex in front of me). Trans Ctan are capable in melee and can helpwith with mortal wounds and still cast powers in melee. The wraiths could end up tying up the targets the destroyers want to shoot.


6" advance is nephrekh. Novokh is reroll to hits in close combat. Which isn't that bad for 18 wraiths either.

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2020/02/24/tneva82-winter-war-tournament-report/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in us
Numberless Necron Warrior




Wilton, CT

 p5freak wrote:
18 destroyers are 900 pts., and 18 wraith are 864 pts. Orikan is 115. Thats 1879 pts.


18 x 50 pt Destroyers
18 x 42 pt Wraiths
100 pt Orikan
   
Made in fi
Decrepit Dakkanaut





He forgot CA price drops

https://middleagedstrategybattlegamers.home.blog/2020/02/24/tneva82-winter-war-tournament-report/<- lotr painting blog

12 factions for Lord of The Rings
11772 pts(along with lots of unpainted unsorted stuff)
5265 pts
5150 pts
~3200 pts Knights

 
   
Made in de
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest






Germany

TomWilton wrote:
 p5freak wrote:
18 destroyers are 900 pts., and 18 wraith are 864 pts. Orikan is 115. Thats 1879 pts.


18 x 50 pt Destroyers
18 x 42 pt Wraiths
100 pt Orikan


Right, i didnt update battlescribe on my mobile, sorry.
   
Made in us
Numberless Necron Warrior




Wilton, CT

 Dynas wrote:
If your taking that many wraiths I would pair them with Ctans and run the Novokh dynasty (6" advance one i believe, dont have the dex in front of me). Trans Ctan are capable in melee and can helpwith with mortal wounds and still cast powers in melee. The wraiths could end up tying up the targets the destroyers want to shoot.


I'm all ears. How do you pair C'tan powers with Wraiths in your battles?

Mostly, I have gone with Crypteks for their %++ vs shooting but Orikan is so cheap and gives it to all phases.
   
Made in us
Fresh-Faced New User




TomWilton wrote:
 Dynas wrote:
If your taking that many wraiths I would pair them with Ctans and run the Novokh dynasty (6" advance one i believe, dont have the dex in front of me). Trans Ctan are capable in melee and can helpwith with mortal wounds and still cast powers in melee. The wraiths could end up tying up the targets the destroyers want to shoot.


I'm all ears. How do you pair C'tan powers with Wraiths in your battles?

Mostly, I have gone with Crypteks for their %++ vs shooting but Orikan is so cheap and gives it to all phases.


I think he is just point at threat overload.

Recently ran 5 c'tan and 10 lychguard + crytek with veil against fists. Worked out very well. The C'tan feel like they are not going to do a ton but when there are 5 of them they really end up making dents.
   
Made in de
Regular Dakkanaut




Jep if you reach the point that you can start double or triple some powers of ctan they do a lot of dmg together. And if you use wraith to save then cause of Charakter rule they can act pretty nice
   
Made in us
Sister Oh-So Repentia




Anybody notice that according to Spikey Bits, the Triarch Pretorians box is being discontinued?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2020/01/08 17:38:48


 
   
Made in de
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest






Germany

No, they are still available.
   
Made in us
Sister Oh-So Repentia




 p5freak wrote:
No, they are still available.


https://spikeybits.com/2020/01/hobby-alert-list-of-40k-aos-products-that-are-being-discontinued.html?ksref=1j9qogq
   
Made in de
Chalice-Wielding Sanguinary High Priest






Germany

Ok, so first they reduce their point cost in CA2019, and now they are being discontinued ?
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Tactics
Go to: