Switch Theme:

ATTENTION: There ARE RULES in the Off-Topic forum, including no political or religious discussion!  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in nz
Longtime Dakkanaut





Near Jupiter.

 Dark Apostle 666 wrote:
"Easily moderated by some willing volunteers?"
Who are these willing volunteers, exactly? Because from what I've seen, the existing Mods are not exactly jumping at the idea.


Well that's because the mods don't want politics, so there not going to jump at any idea, there are many people who are qualified who would accept the role in a heart beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lPQb7aVdvw
This is how aliens communicate in space.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Music - https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/760437.page 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 Stormatious wrote:
 Dark Apostle 666 wrote:
"Easily moderated by some willing volunteers?"
Who are these willing volunteers, exactly? Because from what I've seen, the existing Mods are not exactly jumping at the idea.


Well that's because the mods don't want politics, so there not going to jump at any idea, there are many people who are qualified who would accept the role in a heart beat.


Yes but it still won't work. Even with its own moderator or two you will still get fallout from the arguments that will arise which will spill into other sections of the site.

Plus why should Dakka use its resources and those willing to moderate just to allow politics? Many wargame forums exist without any sniff nor whiff of politics ever needing to rear its head as a topic at all. It's not required nor needed. The best thing is for those who seriously want to do it to go to a forum dedicated to the topic. Which has the resources focused around the subject, rather than try to force Dakka to be something its not and to have to deal with the social fallout of bruised egos and arguments that will arise.


   
Made in us
Maddening Mutant Boss of Chaos





The Wastes of Krieg

If people want to discuss politics so bad, they shouldn't have any issues going elsewhere. And that's where it ends. Take it or leave it.
   
Made in nz
Longtime Dakkanaut





Near Jupiter.

 Overread wrote:
 Stormatious wrote:
 Dark Apostle 666 wrote:
"Easily moderated by some willing volunteers?"
Who are these willing volunteers, exactly? Because from what I've seen, the existing Mods are not exactly jumping at the idea.


Well that's because the mods don't want politics, so there not going to jump at any idea, there are many people who are qualified who would accept the role in a heart beat.


Yes but it still won't work. Even with its own moderator or two you will still get fallout from the arguments that will arise which will spill into other sections of the site.

Plus why should Dakka use its resources and those willing to moderate just to allow politics? Many wargame forums exist without any sniff nor whiff of politics ever needing to rear its head as a topic at all. It's not required nor needed. The best thing is for those who seriously want to do it to go to a forum dedicated to the topic. Which has the resources focused around the subject, rather than try to force Dakka to be something its not and to have to deal with the social fallout of bruised egos and arguments that will arise.



I understand your point, but its not "just for politics" its to discuss many subjects that can't be discussed thoroughly and in a in-depth manner with out mentioning politics. Another thing, is this political ban for ever?, or just until there is a different president? )


Automatically Appended Next Post:
DeathKorp_Rider wrote:
If people want to discuss politics so bad, they shouldn't have any issues going elsewhere. And that's where it ends. Take it or leave it.




Its not about wanting to discuss politics so bad on this website, it is about the fact politics is generally been on this website, and now its not. And as i have said, its a community of similar interests, so that's why we want to talk about it among st each other on the same website we use to discuss all other interests.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2019/03/04 00:06:04


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lPQb7aVdvw
This is how aliens communicate in space.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Music - https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/760437.page 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum







 Kilkrazy wrote:
This thread is not for discussion of moderation policies, it is for the site management to state the policy regarding this section.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in nz
Longtime Dakkanaut





Near Jupiter.

 ingtaer wrote:
 Kilkrazy wrote:
This thread is not for discussion of moderation policies, it is for the site management to state the policy regarding this section.


So could i make a thread here to discuss the moderation of politics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lPQb7aVdvw
This is how aliens communicate in space.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Music - https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/760437.page 
   
Made in au
[MOD]
Making Stuff






Under the couch

We've already had, what, 6? just recently.

There is nothing to be gained by further discussion on this right now. As I already said, the decision was made, and it's not going to change any time soon. The pros and cons of not allowing political discussion were all hashed out thoroughly by the mod team before the decision was made, and then on the forum when the decision was announced.

It's well past time to just move on from the topic.

 
   
Made in nz
Longtime Dakkanaut





Near Jupiter.

 insaniak wrote:
We've already had, what, 6? just recently.

There is nothing to be gained by further discussion on this right now. As I already said, the decision was made, and it's not going to change any time soon. The pros and cons of not allowing political discussion were all hashed out thoroughly by the mod team before the decision was made, and then on the forum when the decision was announced.

It's well past time to just move on from the topic.


Thanks for replying, that in it self is worth more then any discussion on the political ban.

Have a good day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lPQb7aVdvw
This is how aliens communicate in space.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great Music - https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/760437.page 
   
Made in gb
[MOD]
Villanous Scum








Locking this now until the thread is needed for announcements.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire. 
   
Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth






Shadeglass Maze

I've got a thread up for a (completely unofficial!) alternative politics space, see below:

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/795646.page

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/01/26 21:32:21


 
   
 
Forum Index » Off-Topic Forum
Go to: