Switch Theme:

Death Guad Rhinos as Fast Attack  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in nz
Fresh-Faced New User

Wellington, NZ

I want to know if you're required to have 2 DG units mounted in Rhinos before you can utilise the rule allowing them to be taken as Fast Attack slots.  The wording from the rulebook reads:

"Only two Plague marine units with rhinos may be counted as Troops choices; all others are counted as fast attack choices instead."

The rule is ambigous but I've been told Pete Haines made a clarification saying if all Troop slots were full then units mounted in a Rhino could be taken as Fast Attack, regardless of whether you already had 2 as Troops slots.  The clarfifation was on the old GW forums.

Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Made in au
[MOD]
Making Stuff

Under the couch

I'm not seeing any ambiguity there. Plague Marines in Rhinos are Fast Attack choices. You can choose to take up to two units as Troops instead.

Made in us
[DCM]
Tilter at Windmills

Manchester, NH

It's not spelled out as explicitly as I'd like, but I think Insaniak's read is correct. Up to two PM units with Rhinos MAY (optional) be counted as Troops. If you do not so choose, they would be Fast Attack.

BTW, Insaniak- I got to see and examine Yak's Tyrant up close at Adepticon.  Sterling work, man.  Really great.

Adepticon 2015: Team Tourney Best Imperial Team- Team Ironguts, Adepticon 2014: Team Tourney 6th/120, Best Imperial Team- Cold Steel Mercs 2, 40k Championship Qualifier ~25/226
More 2010-2014 GT/Major RTT Record (W/L/D) -- CSM: 78-20-9 // SW: 8-1-2 (Golden Ticket with SW), BA: 29-9-4 6th Ed GT & RTT Record (W/L/D) -- CSM: 36-12-2 // BA: 11-4-1 // SW: 1-1-1
DT:70S++++G(FAQ)M++B++I+Pw40k99#+D+++A+++/sWD105R+++T(T)DM+++++
A better way to score Sportsmanship in tournaments
The 40K Rulebook & Codex FAQs. You should have these bookmarked if you play this game.
The Dakka Dakka Forum Rules You agreed to abide by these when you signed up.

Maelstrom's Edge!

Made in us
Maddening Mutant Boss of Chaos

Colorado

This debate has been raging on for a while with DG players. I recommend you go to www.DeathGuard.org for these questions. The general thought though is that you do need the two as troops before you take fast.

NoTurtlesAllowed.blogspot.com

Made in nz
Regular Dakkanaut

Hi,

Here was the reply given by Pete Haines to the 40k-Chaos Yahoo Group on this question back in 2003.

Obviously it is not an official confirmation in any form but it does support the interpretation insaniak gave above.

Regards

plc

From the 40k-Chaos Yahoo Group:

      From:  "TheProphet" <The_Prophet@v...>
      Date:  Wed Aug 27, 2003  11:40 pm
      Subject:  FW: Nurgle FA

      Spoke with Pete and received the below reply for any who give any
weight
      to email correspondence.

      Paul "TheProphet" DiPonio