Switch Theme:

Transaction Report: TheOversoul  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Tough-as-Nails Ork Boy

Michigan

TheOversoul created the following post:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/313262.page

I sent him a PM offer for 2 rhinos and the Razorback. He accepted the deal.

From: TheOversoul
To: athelu
Date: 2010/08/24 22:31:54
Subject: Re:SM Stuff
throw in 5$ for shipping and we've got a deal
my paypal is **********@yahoo.com
ill get em mailed asap once i recieve payment.

From: athelu
To: TheOversoul
Date: 2010/08/25 08:56:58
Subject: Re:Re:SM Stuff
Payment sent via paypal.

From: athelu
To: TheOversoul
Date: 2010/08/27 16:56:48
Do you have any tracking information?

After I had not heard anything I asked for a follow up. I must say I was a little leary even at this point because he was a first time poster. I sent PMs to the other users that had posted interest on his thread - checking to make sure that he was not double-selling any of the stuff I was interested in.

From: TheOversoul
To: athelu
Date: 2010/08/28 01:41:35
Subject: Re:Re:Re:SM Stuff
mailed ur stuff off this afternoon.

From: athelu
To: TheOversoul
Date: 2010/08/28 08:13:58
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:SM Stuff
Do you have a delivery confirmation number?

I (obviously) immediatley asked for tracking information. I never received any further response from TheOversoul from this point on. I did receive some responses from a few of the other people who had negotiated with him. All said he was taking his time repyling so I thought perhaps he was just busy.

From: athelu
To: TheOversoul
Date: 2010/09/04 14:08:04
It has been a week now and I have not seen the package or heard from you. Do you have a tracking number or delivery confirmation #?

After a week and two other dakka transactions successfully completed I pressured him again. I went to paypal looking to get contact information for him as well. Paypal could not provide me any, which seemed fishy. I also heard back from another dakka member saying that the responses he received from theOversoul contained pictures from ebay items that did not match the items he was listing for sale. I decided I had given enough on good faith and filed a dispute with Paypal. I have only ever done this once in the past and the result was IMMEDIATE contact by the seller to straighten things out. No such luck here. Paypal even said they could not contact the seller, and elevated the dispute immediatley to a Claim.

The next day, Paypal updated the claim with TheOversoul's response. It was that the items were Virtual, and therefore had no shipping information. This is telltale of a previous scam I have had. The claim was expecting more information or a response from me at this point, but did not give me any way to do so - so I contacted paypal via phone. I talked with the dispute agent, went over the details of the transaction and showed them the original post here on dakka - showing that the items in question were clearly not virtual. They refunded the transaction on the spot.

Made in us
Feldwebel

Thank's for the heads up about transactions with this user It really disturbs me that people would even do anything like this, especially on such a friendly forum.

Sincerely,
TheMostSlyFox

Made in ca
Possessed Khorne Marine Covered in Spikes

Kelowna BC

thanks for the heads up and i hope your situation resolves favorably.

Made in ca
Avatar of the Bloody-Handed God

Inactive

I STRONGLY advice the mods to allow you to post the scammer's paypal account email.

Last thing i want is to trade with his alternate dakka name and get scammed as well.

Paused
◙▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
           ◂◂  ►  ▐ ▌  ◼  ▸▸
          ʳʷ   ᵖˡᵃʸ  ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ  ˢᵗᵒᵖ   ᶠᶠ

Made in us
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

New Jersey, USA

I'm glad you got your money back. I too, at one point, had tried doing business with him, but he never got back to me. I think it was because I asked him for pictures which is why he avoided me. In which case, if he indeed was just a scam artist, then he would've likely avoided anyone asking for a little more detail on his stuff.

And I second LunaHound's notion as well.

"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift..."
"Rushing towards danger without hesitation isn't recklessness, but bravery... And avoiding danger when there's a chance for victory isn't precaution, but cowardice..."
"I can only go forward."

Made in us
Roarin' Runtherd

Kansas

I have been speaking with Athelu about this person as well. I was trying to get ahold of the Venerable Dread and some Nobz. The guy didn't seem to know what he was talking about regarding the Nobz, and the pictures that he posted appeared to be off the the GW site directly. Being a brand new user and not having what I would think were "true" photos I quit proceedings with him.
Steer clear of this guy "TheOversoul" for sure!!!!
Sorry Athelu...hopefully Paypal is getting your end sorted out.

"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt. Thats the first thing they teach you."

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut

Eternal Plague

LunaHound wrote:I STRONGLY advice the mods to allow you to post the scammer's paypal account email.

Last thing i want is to trade with his alternate dakka name and get scammed as well.

Personal information above all else is not to be shared on the public forums for people in the middle of a Transaction Report.

Privately for people who were already scammed, it is okay to share the information in order to get back what they lost/got scammed out of.

Usernames are okay too if you can find the alternate ones.

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

Really Glad, I just read this makes me really skeptical of buying from any where but feebay.

Monster Rain wrote: Don't be so neurotic about your lil' space manz.[/quote

Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Barpharanges

Limbo

Sorry to hear about the shenanigans from TheOversoul, athelu. But it's good to hear that you acquired your refund with Paypal.

Luna - you're well aware of Dakka policy about personal info. If you're so concerned about this guy popping up, do what we recommend and avoid low-post members in the Swap Shop. Obviously we can't stop you, but generally speaking, the more active Dakka members tend to be more reliable (with the oddball exceptions).

That being said, I'll make sure to forward this info to the Mods.

I'm not going to lock this thread, but seeing as how things have been resolved, let's leave the matter at that unless someone discovers if this guy has a sock-puppet account.

DS:80S+GM--B++I+Pwhfb/re#+D++A++/fWD-R+++T(O)DM+++

Madness and genius are separated by degrees of success.

Remember to follow the Swap Shop Rules and Guidelines!

Made in us
Abhorrent Grotesque Aberration

Connecticut, USA

Thortek wrote:Really Glad, I just read this makes me really skeptical of buying from any where but feebay.

Don't feel that way Thortek, just be careful on what you buy, and who you deal with and you'll be fine.

MOD beat me to my post, delete if you want because it should no longer be relevant.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2010/09/11 16:02:07

Made in ca
Avatar of the Bloody-Handed God

Inactive

Jin wrote:Sorry to hear about the shenanigans from TheOversoul, athelu. But it's good to hear that you acquired your refund with Paypal.

Luna - you're well aware of Dakka policy about personal info. If you're so concerned about this guy popping up, do what we recommend and avoid low-post members in the Swap Shop. Obviously we can't stop you, but generally speaking, the more active Dakka members tend to be more reliable (with the oddball exceptions).

That being said, I'll make sure to forward this info to the Mods.

I'm not going to lock this thread, but seeing as how things have been resolved, let's leave the matter at that unless someone discovers if this guy has a sock-puppet account.

1) Hes already classified as a scammer , the only reason it was resolved is because OP had help from paypal. The scammer had no chance or choice.

2) Anyone would be concerned about sock puppet accounts , and trading with low post members. But you know what? That just ruins it for any new members that wishes to participate
the swap shop , i have personally traded with 2 new members and they are by far the nicest people i have met so far.

3) Policy for posting personal info ( eg: Paypal email ) is that some legal issue involved? , or generally something ( impolite or something )
Because honestly , a scammer in my eyes is NOT going to be a dakka dakka member. So unless there are legal issue involved , let us post the email in the open.
Because you know something? i guarantee you only like 5% of swap shop users will ask for the scammer's info which means if a sock puppet account shows up , chances of him been caught are slim.

Paused
◙▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
           ◂◂  ►  ▐ ▌  ◼  ▸▸
          ʳʷ   ᵖˡᵃʸ  ᵖᵃᵘˢᵉ  ˢᵗᵒᵖ   ᶠᶠ

Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

As a general policy, we don't discuss disciplinary actions against individual members- but you can rest assured that confirmed scammers are IP banned, meaning they will not be able to create another Dakka account, for those worried about it.

However, there's some great things to learn from this thread- it looks like several members contacted the seller asking for more specifics / pictures, which usually puts off scammers. Also, the OP did an excellent job following up and filling with Paypal well within the 45-day limit.

Seeing as how this is resolved, I am going to lock this thread, unless new information comes up. Any discussion about posting personal information (which is against Dakka policy) belongs in the Nuts & Bolts forum.

Thanks for sharing this information, athelu, and I'm glad it has been resolved by Paypal.

Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: