Switch Theme:

Transaction Report: JanusTwonus  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Been Around the Block

Summary: I agreed to pay JanusTwonus $30 for two metal servo harnessed techmarines shipped to my address on Oct 29th/30th and paid him the same day, at which point I was told they'd be shipped out that monday. Two weeks later, I have no items, I have not heard back with an update (I've pm'd him twice without response, but never got a "It's shipped" or "here's your tracking number" message either). I let him know if I didn't hear back I'd be posting and filing a claim in paypal, and no one likes a liar. Two weeks seems like enough time for a 2-3day package to make it here. Anyways, here's the full transcript w/o personal info, in case anyone cares:

If it matters, I'm paypal verified, have over 1200 feedback on ebay (100% as a buyer and seller/power seller), over 60 feedback on BT and a few on here and rogue market (same ID).

From: bloodwars
To: JanusTwonus
Date: 2011/10/29 03:09:30
Subject: marines
how much to ship a vindicator, ironclad dread, sternguard box (if metal) and your techmarines (if servo harnessed) to zip [I'm in VA]?

Thanks!
--Aaron

Inbox :: Message
From: JanusTwonus
To: bloodwars
Date: 2011/10/29 03:27:03
Subject: Re:marines
Hmm make me an offer.

From: bloodwars
To: JanusTwonus
Date: 2011/10/29 05:09:09
Subject: Re:Re:marines
are the techmarines servo harness and metal? are the sternguard metal?

From: JanusTwonus
To: bloodwars
Date: 2011/10/29 05:37:58
Subject: Re:Re:Re:marines
yea

Inbox :: Message
From: bloodwars
To: JanusTwonus
Date: 2011/10/30 03:10:58
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:marines
I'd do $30 shipped for the two tech marines w/ harness.
--Aaron

From: JanusTwonus
To: bloodwars
Date: 2011/10/30 03:55:30
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:marines
Taht sounds ok.

my paypal is [his paypal id here]

whats your address?

From: bloodwars
To: JanusTwonus
Date: 2011/10/30 05:13:40
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:marines
[My name and address here]

From: JanusTwonus
To: bloodwars
Date: 2011/10/30 05:25:14
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:marines
ok I'll get em mailed once the money is in my paypal.

Sent to:
[his name] (The recipient of this payment is Unverified)
Email:
[his paypal id]

Amount sent:
-$30.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$30.00 USD

Date:
Oct 29, 2011
Time:
22:12:10 PDT

Subject:
bloodwars on dakkadakka - techmarine order
Note:
Heya, this is for 2 metal servo-harnessed tech marines shipped to: [My name and address here]
Funding Type:
PayPal Balance
Funding Source:
$30.00 USD - PayPal Account

From: JanusTwonus
To: bloodwars
Date: 2011/10/30 05:52:02
ok recieved it, I'll get em mailed on Monday

From: bloodwars
To: JanusTwonus
Date: 2011/11/10 17:23:24
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:marines
heya, it's been 10 days and I haven't seen the tech marines or gotten a tracking number. what's up?
--Aaron

From: bloodwars
To: JanusTwonus
Date: 2011/11/13 04:12:05
Subject: techmarines
heya, I haven't heard from you since i sent you the $30 for the techmarines and they should have been here a week ago... I'm considering opening an item dispute and forwarding these messages to paypal as well as posting on the forum if I don't hear from you soon.
let me know,
--Aaron

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/11/14 04:14:55

Made in us
Plummeting Black Templar Thunderhawk Pilot

Yeah, I also made a purchase from this JanusTwanus for two terminator boxes about 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything from him and not recieved my stuff either.

I think we have both been duped.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/11/14 04:28:35

Made in us
Warning From Magnus? Not Listening!

New Jersey, USA

I had some communication with JanusTwanus earlier last week, when I expressed some interest in some of his stuff. When I told him that I needed a bit of time to get my funds, he/she told me that they didn't want to hang onto them for too long, since they really wanted to sell them ASAP. Their low post rating, as well as their non-existent Rep Chart rating made me a bit cautious, but I had asked for pictures of the kits themselves first before buying anything.

They told me that they didn't have a camera, but was "bound to have company over that would definitely have one". So I waited and waited, and eventually never heard back from them. Now, I'm a bit grateful that I waited as long as I did.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with this individual. Hope you and Marshall get your money back, or at least the models they said they'd send you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/11/14 04:44:55

"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift..."
"Rushing towards danger without hesitation isn't recklessness, but bravery... And avoiding danger when there's a chance for victory isn't precaution, but cowardice..."
"I can only go forward."

Made in us
[DCM]
Dankhold Troggoth

Shadeglass Maze

Marshall Ragnar, did you pay by Paypal? If so, it should be easy to file a claim as bloodwars mentions, if it comes to that.

Let's see if Janus Twonus replies here... it has only been 2 weeks, so it's possible things have simply come up (not that that makes the lapse in communication OK- just that it's still possible he plans to make good).

If not, Paypal protection is excellent for things like this... keep us updated here.

Made in us
Bounding Ultramarine Assault Trooper

Mechanicsburg, PA [USA]

Hey,

Mods should lock his trade thread so nobody else is troubled until some resolve is had.

I had inquired JanusTwonus about a trade at this thread: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/406990.page

I asked JanusTwonus for ANY references and pictures. He would not produce either. So I asked him to ship first and he stopped responding to me after that.

Good luck to all! I hope you get your stuff or recover your money. I will keep an eye out for him on BT.

James

My References: eBay, Heatware, Bartertown

DakkaDakka I’ve traded with: SlaveToDorkness, sharkticon, Moopy, greenskin lynn, Steak, resipsa, CaptainRexKrammer, besthegreat, sum1thtdiesalot, Jordancw90, puma713, fastnthefeared, Flying Pooo, grizgrin, xcutionr2, blood angel, Commissar41.0, totengraber, Rurouni Benshin, lilted, buttersxxx, Casey'sLaw, Lormax, funkyh, allworkandnoclay, Iceman, Samurai_Eduh, voxplayer, darefsky, ArchVile, Kohala, FarseerAndyMan, Yoshidwyn, Barksdale, WarOne, o Oni o, Mecha_buddha, slann, Ilove40k, wfcxleatherneck, Backspacehacker, TheMostSlyFox, WillyBRags, Breotan, Kroan, cruzazul, disel24, legions_no_more, Telsiph, Traceoftoxin, blackforge, Grey Knight Luke, ers, jms40k, Crimson Devil, Midnightdeathblade, Gav99, GlauG, deathwing fanboy, Calypsius, joshuafalcon, tundrafrog1124, Necroshea, norrec65, coganaut

Made in ca
Jealous that Horus is Warmaster

I was going to purchase a landraider and sternguard off him, asked for pics and he said he didn't have a camera and couldn't.
Haven't heard from him since.

Made in us
Plummeting Black Templar Thunderhawk Pilot

@RiTides - I already have submitted a PayPal claim about him

Made in us
Tough-as-Nails Ork Boy

I bought a vindicator from him last week and have not gotten a reply since the payment went through.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2011/11/15 04:23:59

Iron Warriors 2500pts 5-2-1
Orxicans 2500pts 13-1-0
33 Positive Trades and Counting

Made in us
Been Around the Block

I escalated my claim and pointed paypal to this thread. I'm thinking about sending some cops to his door... if anyone else has heard back from him or actually gets anything, please let me know. I have huge doubts it'll happen though.

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

AJCarrington

Thanks for opening up this report...I also am having issues with the seller. I did ask him to send an invoice via PayPal (which he did, with the items to be sent detailed). I have also escalated the issue to a claim w/ PayPal.

AJC

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

AJCarrington

My claim w/ PayPal just finalized in my favor - funds were secured and returned. Never did get any further feedback from Adrian.

AJC

Made in us
Been Around the Block

Dear Aaron Elliott,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $30.00 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to
recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

Made in us
Freaky Flayed One

Durham NC

I hope it is a happy solution for you. I had that same email sent to me from Paypal numerous times, and never got money back, as the theif simply deposits the money in checking as soon as it comes in, and then when they try to get your money, there is no balance, so they throw up their arms and say nothing we can do (AARRGGGHHHH,) then they freeze that PP account, and he simply opens a new one. I hate PP.

I certainly hope that doesn't happen to you.

About 10000
- 5000
6000

Made in us
Been Around the Block

I got the money in my account already, so it's closed for me, but he's a scammer/liar for sure.

Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: