Switch Theme:

Transaction Report: Warboss mrowl  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Legionnaire

Michigan, US

Warboss mrowl and I negotiated a trade for the following:

From me:
-Karanak, Hound of Vengeance
-5 Flesh Hounds (new metal)
-10 Pink Horrors (last oop metal, painted)
-bag of new plastic Screamer bits (everything but the bodies)

For his:
-Razorwing Jetfighter
-3 Incubi (new metal)
-10 Kabalite Warriors (new standard box set with special weapons and Sybarite bits.)

Retail values are fair and Warboss mrowl has numerous successful trades on Dakka and is a semi-regular poster. This is why I've given him the benefit of the doubt and have been as patient as possible.

After much good-intentioned haggling on both sides we came to an agreeable deal on November 23, 2012. I didn't get his address until the next week, which is entirely understandable as people get busy and trades are not a priority. I sent my part of the trade out on the 30th, via the USPS with Delivery Confirmation. (The number can be provided if needed.) My part was delivered to his home on December 3, 2012.

Since then I have heard from him twice. The first is the following post:
From: Warboss mrowl
To: Eshm the Skintaker
Date: 2012/12/04 20:48:02
Subject: Re:Re:Re::Re:Re:Re:Re:RE: Swap Shop
I am so sorry have been sick all week. The package is leaving tomorrow. I am so sorry once again for this inconvience.

His next message came on the 10th.
From: Warboss mrowl
To: Eshm the Skintaker
Date: 2012/12/10 01:32:55
Sorry it took so long Troy your stuff has been posted will puy the tracking in with the next message.

I responded thanking him for the update. (I will supply any and all messages from our correspondence as needed.) This is the last I have heard from him. Both times with him saying that the items were sent or were going to be sent. Again, trusting him to his word I waited a couple of days before PMing him. The following are the three PMs I've sent him since then requesting contact and an update.

From: Eshm the Skintaker
To: Warboss mrowl
Date: 2012/12/12 11:49:31
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re::Re:Re:Re:Re:RE: Swap Shop
Did you get a tracking number?

From: Eshm the Skintaker
To: Warboss mrowl
Date: 2012/12/17 11:43:28
Joshua, has the Dark Eldar stuff been sent? I received nothing in the mail last week or today, and I haven't heard from you since since you said they were posted a week ago today. Kindly let me know what's going on and when I can expect your side of the trade to show up here.

Thanks,

From: Eshm the Skintaker
To: Warboss mrowl
Date: 2012/12/21 13:03:50
Joshua,

It's been 18 days since my Daemons arrived at your house, I haven't heard from you since the 10th of this month, where you said the Dark Eldar were "posted" and you would get me a tracking number.You also said before that that you would mail them out on the 5th. Are you planning on fulfilling your side of our trade?

I would like to hear from you and resolve this trade before I have to submit a transaction report and possibly a USPS mail fraud report. Regardless of whatever the situation, please feel free to still ship the DE (3 Incubi, Razorwing, and one box of Kabalite warriors with all bits) and just get me the tracking number (which at this point is a definite must). Then we can call the trade good, no hard feelings. Stuff happens and I would just like to get those DE and be kept in the loop with good communication.

If for some reason you're unable to send the DE then please do one of the following:
1. Remit a payment of $104 via Paypal (almost retail plus shipping for the Daemons I've already sent to you. Address is xxxxxxxxxxxx )
2. Return the Daemons of Chaos that I've sent you

10 Pink Horrors
5 Flesh Hounds (metal)
Karanak
Screamer bits

I'll expect to hear from you by Friday, December 28, 2012. (obviously taking Christmas into consideration, that's one week from today. I feel that's enough time.) If not I'll figure that you're not choosing to uphold your part of the agreed trade.

As I've said, I'd love to just get those DE or I wouldn't have made the trade in the first place. Above all, just let me know what's going on and when I can expect them.

Thank you,

I would like to see this resolved amicably and to just receive the Dark Eldar from him. Though at this point the other solutions I offered are fine as well. I intend to wait a few more days to see if Warboss mrowl will get into contact and we can get this trade resolved as it was intended. That's absolutely my preference and I'd prefer to not have to go through the whole process of filing mail fraud and the other steps posted in the User Support thread under "How to Handle Scammers". I will do so, though, if I'm forced into that situation and it becomes my only option.

I'm not looking for, or need any reasons for the delay, legit or fake. Life happens. I'd just like a satisfactory and successful conclusion to a fair trade as was agreed upon. I'd be happy with a PM with a DC# and then receiving the items a few days later.

Thank you.

Dakka: ++++++++++++
Waiting for a rep from: Mike94656
Also User Name: Shimekiri on Bartertown (300+ refs)

Made in us
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh

Norwalk, Connecticut

I just looked up his info for you, and he only has 133 postings, the last of which was the trade this thread came from: maybe he hasn't been on Dakka since your last discussion with him? Doesn't excuse lying about stuff going out already (if he didn't send it yet), but it's also possible that he sent it (during the busiest month of the year) and it got lost and he hasn't gotten back on here since. Just giving possibilities. Do you have a home number to call him by chance? Or maybe send him a written letter or an email on another site. It's quite possible he sent it, didn't come back on Dakka, and it got lost in the mail. Try the written letter, and if that fails, definitely go for mail fraud.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2012/12/29 23:05:21

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I'd hate to live there.

Manchu wrote:I'm a Catholic. We eat our God.

Due to work, I can usually only ship any sales or trades out on Saturday morning. Please trade/purchase with this in mind.

Made in us
Veteran Wolf Guard Squad Leader

San Diego, CA

Perhaps the Dark Eldar force was lost to the perils of the warp *small swirling vortex appears in room* *small brown box plops onto desk*

It is suspicious but possible the post screwed it up.

Made in us
Legionnaire

Michigan, US

Yeah, it's a busy time of year and realize that delivery could be slow due to the holiday season. I posted mainly due to the lack of communication. Eighteen days without a word should be patient enough. I'd be content at the moment to know that they were actually sent out (as I have no idea what "posted" is actually implying) and I'm just waiting on them. I requested numerous times that we both use tracking so if there's a number out there and the stuff is just delayed then I'd love to get the number to check up on it. If it did disappear, well, that's why I always request tracking and use it myself=) I just don't understand not using it, ever.

I'm as patient and understanding as possible. I have like 5 trades here and 75+ on Bartertown and have never had a negative experience. Delays, sure, but communication helps iron those times out.

Dakka: ++++++++++++
Waiting for a rep from: Mike94656
Also User Name: Shimekiri on Bartertown (300+ refs)

Made in us
Androgynous Daemon Prince of Slaanesh

Norwalk, Connecticut

I'd probably chalk it up to a delay, but seeing how he hasn't posted anything else on here since that trade thread, it's a bit odd. Definitely try out the snail-mail option. If he sent and forgot about it, he may not have popped back on and doesn't even know there is a problem.

Reality is a nice place to visit, but I'd hate to live there.

Manchu wrote:I'm a Catholic. We eat our God.

Due to work, I can usually only ship any sales or trades out on Saturday morning. Please trade/purchase with this in mind.

Made in us
Veteran Wolf Guard Squad Leader

San Diego, CA

I most definatly understand you posting though, I would be irate at this point, I hate waiting on the mail. especially in hawaii where it gets here and sits in a warehouse for 2-3 days getting sorted

Made in us
Pyro Pilot of a Triach Stalker

New York

I traded him some Khorne Berzerkers for a Nightbringer model.

The trade came through, but he was HORRIBLY slow at responding to messages.

I was waiting for a PM with his address, and in about 3 days I got one from him telling me that my stuff had shipped, the tracking number for it, and his address.

Made in au
Death-Dealing Devastator

Sydney

I had a trade with him where he bought some chaos demons from me. He had some trouble with his card but paid within a week, updating me along the way. There was no problems with communication.

Sounds odd he would suddenly resort to scamming, I'd say it is either postage or just him being slow with the trade.

Made in us
Legionnaire

Michigan, US

Thanks Dr. What and Asuryan. I don't think there's any scamming going on and I'm glad to hear some first hand experiences. I'm just making sure I follow the steps outlined and hopefully I can find out what's going on.

Waiting for a rep from: Mike94656
Also User Name: Shimekiri on Bartertown (300+ refs)

Made in us
Nimble Pistolier

Easley, SC

Also made a trade with him, no communication problems and received my item within 2 weeks of day we agreed to ship! Hope all works out for you

Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: