Switch Theme:

GW Battleforces announced on Thursday (18th November)  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Mighty Gouge-Horn




Anor Londo

 Overread wrote:
Jidmah is shown as being in Germany, might be that RM international isn't as reliable as RM in the UK - where I agree its generally a very reliable service.



Dude, there's no "might" about it:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/gls-group.de

If you send something to Germany via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed then it's getting delivered via GLS, unless things have changed very recently.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/04 12:01:18


 
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





Yodel and DPD are my worst. DPD is generally well regarded, Yodel mostly despised.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 Geifer wrote:
 Overread wrote:
Firestorm Games seems to have most in stock and GW UK has everything still listed. So they seem to be selling at a good rate but not "Indomitus" speed. That said I'll be surprised if many make it to Christmas whilst still being on sale.


I'd settle for stock being available in stores next weekend, to be honest. Wouldn't be terrible to see the odd box in stock and be tempted.


Well GW local stores will have on-shelf stock and some 3rd parties will hold back stock for physical sales as well. So in general if you're able and willing to get out and shop about you can find these sets physically. Heck sometimes even the really popular sets are still around even late into the year because the physical shop just hasn't got a local player who wants that set and they have no or a very limited online presence so they just don't get noticed. You sometimes see them posted up on FB groups. Heck there were some that even had Cursed City in stock for a while

https://printhunter.org/
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in de
Powerful Ushbati






 Overread wrote:
 Geifer wrote:
 Overread wrote:
Firestorm Games seems to have most in stock and GW UK has everything still listed. So they seem to be selling at a good rate but not "Indomitus" speed. That said I'll be surprised if many make it to Christmas whilst still being on sale.


I'd settle for stock being available in stores next weekend, to be honest. Wouldn't be terrible to see the odd box in stock and be tempted.


Well GW local stores will have on-shelf stock and some 3rd parties will hold back stock for physical sales as well. So in general if you're able and willing to get out and shop about you can find these sets physically. Heck sometimes even the really popular sets are still around even late into the year because the physical shop just hasn't got a local player who wants that set and they have no or a very limited online presence so they just don't get noticed. You sometimes see them posted up on FB groups. Heck there were some that even had Cursed City in stock for a while


Yeah, I mean independent stores with decent discounts. If I was worried about missing out and could bring myself to buy at MSRP, I'd just order from GW directly. But looking at this year's Christmas boxes I just don't hear the siren call of plasticrack. I need a better incentive.

Nehekhara lives! Sort of!
Why is the rum always gone? 
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







JWBS wrote:
Yodel and DPD are my worst. DPD is generally well regarded, Yodel mostly despised.

I'm pretty sure Hermes still take the crown of worst delivery service.

Their idea of "secure delivery to household" earlier in the week was "left on neighbour's doormat"...

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 Dysartes wrote:
JWBS wrote:
Yodel and DPD are my worst. DPD is generally well regarded, Yodel mostly despised.

I'm pretty sure Hermes still take the crown of worst delivery service.

Their idea of "secure delivery to household" earlier in the week was "left on neighbour's doormat"...


They never specified it will be a secure delivery to your household.

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in si
Ravenous Beast Form







 Overread wrote:
ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Firestorm is always my go to, Element are the "big dogs" of the independents due to all the youtuber crossovers so stock usually goes quickest with them.


I tend to gravitate toward Firestorm first then Wayland, though I've noticed that Wayland has lost some of their high discount on GW stock. They used to be pretty much the best, but during the pandemic their % off has reduced and now Firestorm tends to be my best. And yep Firestorm tends to have stuff, I've never had problems ordering from them.


Firestorm was for sure the best UK -> EU retailer before brexit. Wayland and Element both inflate their catalog with all sorts of ranges they know full well will never be restocked and just sit on your money for months. Seems like Fantasywelt.de has picked up this particular torch in the EU now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/04 16:03:23


Posters on ignore list: 34

40k Potica Edition - 40k patch with reactions, suppression and all that good stuff. Feedback thread here.

Gangs of Nu Ork - Necromunda / Gorkamorka expansion supporting all faction. Feedback thread here
   
Made in gb
Speedy Swiftclaw Biker





The annoying thing with wayland is you can sort by 'in stock', but you can't filter by it. So you can't see in stock stuff sorted by price or newest
   
Made in gb
Darkwolf



West Sussex, UK

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Overread wrote:
ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Firestorm is always my go to, Element are the "big dogs" of the independents due to all the youtuber crossovers so stock usually goes quickest with them.


I tend to gravitate toward Firestorm first then Wayland, though I've noticed that Wayland has lost some of their high discount on GW stock. They used to be pretty much the best, but during the pandemic their % off has reduced and now Firestorm tends to be my best. And yep Firestorm tends to have stuff, I've never had problems ordering from them.


Firestorm was for sure the best UK -> EU retailer before brexit. Wayland and Element both inflate their catalog with all sorts of ranges they know full well will never be restocked and just sit on your money for months. Seems like Fantasywelt.de has picked up this particular torch in the EU now.


I have a Necromunda card pack order from about 4 years ago that is still outstanding with Element (I sourced it elsewhere but keep forgetting to cancel).

They are usually reliable (excluding card packs as even preorders seem to struggle, the set I ordered with last weeks preorders hasn’t been fulfilled) and the actual store is good (I usually stay in the Premier Inn opposite when visiting family in Stockport and pop in to make a purchase).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/12/04 16:07:35


 
   
Made in gb
Utilizing Careful Highlighting




U.k

Alchemists workshops are good, good discount and less well known so often have stuff in stock longer than the big names.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 lord_blackfang wrote:
 Overread wrote:
ListenToMeWarriors wrote:
Firestorm is always my go to, Element are the "big dogs" of the independents due to all the youtuber crossovers so stock usually goes quickest with them.


I tend to gravitate toward Firestorm first then Wayland, though I've noticed that Wayland has lost some of their high discount on GW stock. They used to be pretty much the best, but during the pandemic their % off has reduced and now Firestorm tends to be my best. And yep Firestorm tends to have stuff, I've never had problems ordering from them.


Firestorm was for sure the best UK -> EU retailer before brexit. Wayland and Element both inflate their catalog with all sorts of ranges they know full well will never be restocked and just sit on your money for months. Seems like Fantasywelt.de has picked up this particular torch in the EU now.


I've had outstanding orders with Wayland that took time to be restocked (it was their warcradle classics so I knew it was a slow order). I got emailed every few weeks/months confirming that I wanted to wait on stock with them offering me a refund. I think the key is that they do get messed around by distributors who are an issue in the market. Often as not its not Wayland/Element, its the big distribution groups who only really want big new product orders (because that stuff tends to sell faster) and smaller firms can have a nightmare getting the distributors to pick up their older products in smaller volumes to keep sales going. Esp smaller firms that might not have a high turn over of new product.

It's a growing issue in the market, masked only by the fact that the internet and postage systems have made it easier (at least until recent pandemic price rises and tax shifts in the UK/EU) for them to sell direct to customers and bypass local stores. OF course the flipside is if local stores can't get stock it cuts down on one more marketing and local support/interest avenue.

https://printhunter.org/
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in gb
Pyromaniac Hellhound Pilot




UK


Gawd bless Kirton Games, the little store that could.

I ordered two boxes of the Outcasts yesterday and the Omnissiah box set this morning.

My upcoming six weeks off will be full of the joys of Ad Mech and kitbashing Cannon Fodder.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/04 16:44:02


   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Seems like the mechanicus box is the gonna be the hardest to get, and I can see why. Great variety of models to expand or start collecting.
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




 Dysartes wrote:
JWBS wrote:
Yodel and DPD are my worst. DPD is generally well regarded, Yodel mostly despised.

I'm pretty sure Hermes still take the crown of worst delivery service.

Their idea of "secure delivery to household" earlier in the week was "left on neighbour's doormat"...


100%, although I'd prefer my neighbours doormat to inside my recycling bin, as that's where mine has been left twice by Hermes. Cardboard box in a recycling bin might be a great hiding spot tbf, but combine that with not even leaving a note to say you've been and you've not got a great plan.
   
Made in gb
Fixture of Dakka







BigOscar wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
JWBS wrote:
Yodel and DPD are my worst. DPD is generally well regarded, Yodel mostly despised.

I'm pretty sure Hermes still take the crown of worst delivery service.

Their idea of "secure delivery to household" earlier in the week was "left on neighbour's doormat"...


100%, although I'd prefer my neighbours doormat to inside my recycling bin, as that's where mine has been left twice by Hermes. Cardboard box in a recycling bin might be a great hiding spot tbf, but combine that with not even leaving a note to say you've been and you've not got a great plan.

I think the best one from Hermes was a Dark Souls Kickstarter delivery - I didn't know it had been dispatched, and they turned up on the day our bin's had been emptied before Christmas. Decided that our general waste bin was a suitable secure place for the package. I was away seeing family for a fortnight, got back on the day our bins would normally have been emptied - fortunately, due to a bank holiday it'd been pushed back a day, but I was still outside at 10:30pm at night, emptying each bin to check for the box...

2021 Plog - Here we go again... - my fifth attempt at a Dakka PLOG

My [url=https://pileofpotential.com/dysartes]Pile of Potential[/url - updates ongoing...

Gamgee on Tau Players wrote:we all kill cats and sell our own families to the devil and eat live puppies.


 Kanluwen wrote:
This is, emphatically, why I will continue suggesting nuking Guard and starting over again. It's a legacy army that needs to be rebooted with a new focal point.

Confirmation of why no-one should listen to Kanluwen when it comes to the IG - he doesn't want the IG, he want's Kan's New Model Army... 
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 Dysartes wrote:
BigOscar wrote:
 Dysartes wrote:
JWBS wrote:
Yodel and DPD are my worst. DPD is generally well regarded, Yodel mostly despised.

I'm pretty sure Hermes still take the crown of worst delivery service.

Their idea of "secure delivery to household" earlier in the week was "left on neighbour's doormat"...


100%, although I'd prefer my neighbours doormat to inside my recycling bin, as that's where mine has been left twice by Hermes. Cardboard box in a recycling bin might be a great hiding spot tbf, but combine that with not even leaving a note to say you've been and you've not got a great plan.

I think the best one from Hermes was a Dark Souls Kickstarter delivery - I didn't know it had been dispatched, and they turned up on the day our bin's had been emptied before Christmas. Decided that our general waste bin was a suitable secure place for the package. I was away seeing family for a fortnight, got back on the day our bins would normally have been emptied - fortunately, due to a bank holiday it'd been pushed back a day, but I was still outside at 10:30pm at night, emptying each bin to check for the box...


This reminds me I had an order which I think was Hermes, which was left with a neighbour who I never knew.... for a £1K camera.
I got the camera no problem, but darn it, it does not give you faith in the ordering service when they just give stuff to neighbours or leave them in rubbish bins (thankfully never had that) when they aren't designated spots.


I figure they just either hire and train their staff really badly or they have them on such insanely tight schedules/pay systems that the staff are likely punished if they take too long. Spend 5 mins writing out a card and checking where the official safe spot is or taking the parcel back to the depo and that's too long before you have to make the next delivery!

Then again even Amazon had a really odd system. Their computer ordering system wouldn't collate parcels to the same address or address block. So if staff didn't lose time checking their inventory at the depo they could end up being sent to the same address several times in a row when parcels made with different orders (or in one order split up) go to the same place.

https://printhunter.org/
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






 xttz wrote:
 Jidmah wrote:
 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
Wayland lost me as a customer a long time ago due to their past tendency to imply that everything on their website was in stock, rather than available to order from suppliers. That, and because they messed me around with a refund once which was totally unnecessary.


I used to order everything from waylands, but their insistence to ship product with royal mail even when you specifically ask them not to turned me away. Royal mail is about as reliable as just tossing the shipment into the ocean and hope it gets washed up on the right shore. In my case 10 out of 19 shipments handled by them were lost.


Weird, I have a 100% record with Royal Mail when buying from Dark Sphere or Element games. They always ship new releases on Friday and the package arrives Saturday. I avoid any order that needs another carrier as they rarely deliver on Saturday.


I guess the issue is that I'm not ordering from the UK. Essentially all those shipments get lost on their way to the airport, and you have no way of interacting with royal mail unless you have a UK-based address.
   
Made in us
Decrepit Dakkanaut





I wish the US had an online discount store that put these boxes up for sale.

   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






 Undead_Love-Machine wrote:
 Overread wrote:
Jidmah is shown as being in Germany, might be that RM international isn't as reliable as RM in the UK - where I agree its generally a very reliable service.



Dude, there's no "might" about it:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/gls-group.de

If you send something to Germany via Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed then it's getting delivered via GLS, unless things have changed very recently.

When I was still ordering from them, their German partner was DHL international who were (are) super reliable when ordering from any other country. In all cases, their support told me that they have never been handed the shipments and that they are show as announced to them, but not delivered. In one case the shipment ended back with waylands months later, after royal mail apparently had tried to deliver it to an area in GB that had the same zip code as I do in Germany.

Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in gb
Speedy Swiftclaw Biker





Aren't german zip codes all numbers?
   
Made in de
Ork Admiral Kroozin Da Kosmos on Da Hulk






 Overread wrote:
Now if we want to talk about DHL or DPD or gah I've actually forgotten the name of them, but there was one of those private delivery firms that was pretty unreliable for me in the past and generally remained so. Not seen them used in ages though so I suspect that had its impact on places using them. RM, UPS and Amazon tend to be what I get most things from and they all tend to be reliable.


That would be DPD. They are infamous for their bad deliveries. One of my neighbors was hit in the head by a parcel I ordered because they just tossed it over the fence from the window of their delivery van without warning or ringing the bell first.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Shooter wrote:
Aren't german zip codes all numbers?


I'm not sure how it works (it clearly didn't), but I guess some numbers were interpreted as letters.


Automatically Appended Next Post:
 Dysartes wrote:
I think the best one from Hermes was a Dark Souls Kickstarter delivery - I didn't know it had been dispatched, and they turned up on the day our bin's had been emptied before Christmas. Decided that our general waste bin was a suitable secure place for the package. I was away seeing family for a fortnight, got back on the day our bins would normally have been emptied - fortunately, due to a bank holiday it'd been pushed back a day, but I was still outside at 10:30pm at night, emptying each bin to check for the box...


My best story about hermes is them having their delivery listed as "left at hermes partner store". When I went to the listed address to pick it up, I was looking into a crater - the building had been demolished a week earlier. Luckily they didn't just toss the shipment into the crater, but the partner store had actually moved to the other side of town, but didn't inform hermes. The driver somehow knew though.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/12/04 17:56:19


Earth is not flat
Vaccines work
We've been to the moon
Climate change is real
Chemtrails aren't a thing
Evolution is a fact
Orks are not a melee army
Stand up for science!
 
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran




$280 US for the Rohan Stronghold? Dammit GW, I was looking forward to this one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/04 18:17:21


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





Wow the Mechanicus box might as well not exist, some sites didn’t list it at all and GW removed it quickly.

Got my Slaanesh box though, those Myrmidons are so good looking even if they’re not great on the table.
   
Made in gb
Decrepit Dakkanaut




UK

 zend wrote:
Wow the Mechanicus box might as well not exist, some sites didn’t list it at all and GW removed it quickly.

Got my Slaanesh box though, those Myrmidons are so good looking even if they’re not great on the table.


I think the new Slaanesh mortals are also very diverse kits - you can easily use them as Chaos Warriors and Exalted Chaos Warriors for a STD army as themed models as well as their actual form in a hedonites army.


https://printhunter.org/
Check out the latest 3D print model releases!  
   
Made in nl
Longtime Dakkanaut





Blastaar wrote:
$280 US for the Rohan Stronghold? Dammit GW, I was looking forward to this one.


I legitimately laughed out loud when I saw that in the pre-order section this morning

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2021/12/04 19:59:48




 
   
Made in us
Owns Whole Set of Skullz Techpriests






Gathering the Informations.

 zend wrote:
Wow the Mechanicus box might as well not exist, some sites didn’t list it at all and GW removed it quickly.

Got my Slaanesh box though, those Myrmidons are so good looking even if they’re not great on the table.

The Mechanicus box is delayed for North America...which is where your flag shows you as being located?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/04 20:23:54


 
   
Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut





 Kanluwen wrote:
 zend wrote:
Wow the Mechanicus box might as well not exist, some sites didn’t list it at all and GW removed it quickly.

Got my Slaanesh box though, those Myrmidons are so good looking even if they’re not great on the table.

The Mechanicus box is delayed for North America...which is where your flag shows you as being located?


Really? GW had it listed when they sent the solicitation email, but by the time I finished looking at third party retailers to see if I could get them for less the listing had been pulled. When did they announce that they delayed that box specifically?


Edit: It’s in the actual WarCom article. Interesting, they must’ve put the listing up by accident.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/04 21:11:56


 
   
Made in ie
Fixture of Dakka






Deathguard Plaguefester Warband and OBR Mortisan Tithe-Echelon are both on this weeks UK price list £125 so just 1 week delay but not advertised yesterday

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/12/06 09:20:39


 
   
Made in us
Cold-Blooded Saurus Warrior




Xalapa, Veracruz

So Nurgle and OBR Battleforce got delayed? that explains why they were not in the international store.

Just today SBGL and all Imperial BFs are sold out on the international store too.
   
Made in us
Cold-Blooded Saurus Warrior




Xalapa, Veracruz

News from the international store! There has been a restock for every single battleforce.

No one saw that one coming, and is good news for everyone, both if you buy directly from them or if you buy from a third party (at least I expect so).

Check if your local store can now get you one of those if you missed it last week.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: