Switch Theme:

Renegade & Heretics Model Progress  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

Thought I would set up something to showcase progress and get some feedback on my R&H army since resin models and using alternate pieces are not my strong-point.

Feedback welcome and appreciated!
[Thumb - image.jpg]
For my squad of disciples I took this militia torso and stuck it on some IG legs (they don't quite line-up) and threw the Slaanesh standard from a CSM set on him.

   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

Some more to see
[Thumb - image.jpg]
More of the unit done

   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





Slaaneshy? Why is slaanesh so liked atm?

seems that you did get some FW bits and went with the lasguns. (little tip, before you glue them use a knife to scratch the aquilla, remove it on some, some let stay to show randomness.


This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/01/12 12:39:30


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

Not Online!!! wrote:
Slaaneshy? Why is slaanesh so liked atm?

seems that you did get some FW bits and went with the lasguns. (little tip, before you glue them use a knife to scratch the aquilla, remove it on some, some let stay to show randomness.



Right now it is more that I had already made the banner a while ago. I plan to cut off the symbol and replace it with nurgle's

Also I am unfamiliar with the term aquilla, what is it referring to?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/12 22:15:05


 
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





DeathKorp_Rider wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
Slaaneshy? Why is slaanesh so liked atm?

seems that you did get some FW bits and went with the lasguns. (little tip, before you glue them use a knife to scratch the aquilla, remove it on some, some let stay to show randomness.



Right now it is more that I had already made the banner a while ago. I plan to cut off the symbol and replace it with nurgle's

Also I am unfamiliar with the term aquilla, what is it referring to?


The eagle --> latin aquilla, basically the imperial eagle that is on any guardsmens helmet and gun.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

Not Online!!! wrote:
DeathKorp_Rider wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
Slaaneshy? Why is slaanesh so liked atm?

seems that you did get some FW bits and went with the lasguns. (little tip, before you glue them use a knife to scratch the aquilla, remove it on some, some let stay to show randomness.



Right now it is more that I had already made the banner a while ago. I plan to cut off the symbol and replace it with nurgle's

Also I am unfamiliar with the term aquilla, what is it referring to?


The eagle --> latin aquilla, basically the imperial eagle that is on any guardsmens helmet and gun.


Oh right, hadn't thought about that. Thanks!
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





DeathKorp_Rider wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
DeathKorp_Rider wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
Slaaneshy? Why is slaanesh so liked atm?

seems that you did get some FW bits and went with the lasguns. (little tip, before you glue them use a knife to scratch the aquilla, remove it on some, some let stay to show randomness.



Right now it is more that I had already made the banner a while ago. I plan to cut off the symbol and replace it with nurgle's

Also I am unfamiliar with the term aquilla, what is it referring to?


The eagle --> latin aquilla, basically the imperial eagle that is on any guardsmens helmet and gun.


Oh right, hadn't thought about that. Thanks!

No worries, keep up the work, always a pleasure seeing more of us r&h players that were not dissuaded by the terrible rules atm.

I belive on the second or first Page of my p&m Blog i have some traitor cadians and a mix put of FW renegades cultists neophytes etc that might interest you for kitbashes.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

Not Online!!! wrote:
DeathKorp_Rider wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
DeathKorp_Rider wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:
Slaaneshy? Why is slaanesh so liked atm?

seems that you did get some FW bits and went with the lasguns. (little tip, before you glue them use a knife to scratch the aquilla, remove it on some, some let stay to show randomness.



Right now it is more that I had already made the banner a while ago. I plan to cut off the symbol and replace it with nurgle's

Also I am unfamiliar with the term aquilla, what is it referring to?


The eagle --> latin aquilla, basically the imperial eagle that is on any guardsmens helmet and gun.


Oh right, hadn't thought about that. Thanks!

No worries, keep up the work, always a pleasure seeing more of us r&h players that were not dissuaded by the terrible rules atm.

I belive on the second or first Page of my p&m Blog i have some traitor cadians and a mix put of FW renegades cultists neophytes etc that might interest you for kitbashes.

Couldn't hurt, I already had to give up on my zombie/skeleton lit bashing since they just aren't proportional to the cadian kits.
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





The key is just to proportional enough atleast for Chaos. Look at Kernel Terrors Blog for what i mean.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

Not Online!!! wrote:
The key is just to proportional enough atleast for Chaos. Look at Kernel Terrors Blog for what i mean.

I don't follow
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





Basically it does not need to be perfectly symmetrical, remember you play Chaos, nurgle you said you wanted too, don't you think that they might have mutated allready? Were sick to the bone etc, size difference helps showing that off.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

Got my Ogryn Packmaster and the chaos mauler hounds ready to go.
[Thumb - image.jpg]

   
Made in ca
Noise Marine Terminator with Sonic Blaster





Heart of Fadeless Splendour

Not Online!!! wrote:Slaaneshy? Why is slaanesh so liked atm?


Ее власть велика. Great is Her power.

---------------------------------------------

I'm a fan of your work, Deathcorp.

One more of us, one less of them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/14 19:09:38


The Fall of Kronstaat IV
Война Народная | Voyna Narodnaya | The People's War - 2,662pts painted (updated 19/05/19)
Волшебная Сказка | Volshebnaya Skazka | A Fairy Tale (updated 08/05/19, ep8 - Звезда | Zvezda | The Star)
The Kabal of The Violet Heart (updated 06/05/19)

Never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cause it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment.

 
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





Should've goten an ogry beastmaster when i had the cance, well now i got another flag bearer squad instead.

Then again nothing beats command squads with flags. NOTHING!

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

 Excommunicatus wrote:
Not Online!!! wrote:Slaaneshy? Why is slaanesh so liked atm?


Ее власть велика. Great is Her power.

---------------------------------------------

I'm a fan of your work, Deathcorp.

One more of us, one less of them.


Thanks, though I did say in an earlier post I was removing the sigil and replacing it with Nurgle. I am still hoping to pull off an army of undead guardsmen and it just fits more with Nurgle. TBH though, Slaanesh is the best covenant available to R&H.
   
Made in ca
Noise Marine Terminator with Sonic Blaster





Heart of Fadeless Splendour

I use the Covenant of Tzeentch, FWIW.

I did see your previous comment about making them all Nurgley and icky. You're still one of us.

The Fall of Kronstaat IV
Война Народная | Voyna Narodnaya | The People's War - 2,662pts painted (updated 19/05/19)
Волшебная Сказка | Volshebnaya Skazka | A Fairy Tale (updated 08/05/19, ep8 - Звезда | Zvezda | The Star)
The Kabal of The Violet Heart (updated 06/05/19)

Never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cause it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment.

 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

Was hoping for some opinions on this modded piece. My first attempt at an undead guardsmen
[Thumb - image.jpg]

[Thumb - image.jpg]

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at 2019/01/19 04:47:46


 
   
Made in ca
Noise Marine Terminator with Sonic Blaster





Heart of Fadeless Splendour

The pics are kind of hard to make out, but from what I can tell the head works really well.

The arm looks to me like it's positioned way too low down to be connected to a shoulder. Was that intentonal?

The Fall of Kronstaat IV
Война Народная | Voyna Narodnaya | The People's War - 2,662pts painted (updated 19/05/19)
Волшебная Сказка | Volshebnaya Skazka | A Fairy Tale (updated 08/05/19, ep8 - Звезда | Zvezda | The Star)
The Kabal of The Violet Heart (updated 06/05/19)

Never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cause it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment.

 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

 Excommunicatus wrote:
The pics are kind of hard to make out, but from what I can tell the head works really well.

The arm looks to me like it's positioned way too low down to be connected to a shoulder. Was that intentonal?


Yes, apologies about the pictures. I am using an old phone because that is the best camera I have. As for the arm, I tried to keep it so that the arm had a somewhat realistic grip on the gun. I thought putting it the piece up any higher would give it a very unnatural look that would have bugged me.
   
Made in ca
Noise Marine Terminator with Sonic Blaster





Heart of Fadeless Splendour

You might be able to put more of a bend into the elbow or wrist (or both) if you heat it in/with hot water, but if you're happy with it that's all that matters.


The Fall of Kronstaat IV
Война Народная | Voyna Narodnaya | The People's War - 2,662pts painted (updated 19/05/19)
Волшебная Сказка | Volshebnaya Skazka | A Fairy Tale (updated 08/05/19, ep8 - Звезда | Zvezda | The Star)
The Kabal of The Violet Heart (updated 06/05/19)

Never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cause it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment.

 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

A Hellhound complete with Renegade crew. Tried my best to get the eagles off but gave up when I sliced my thumb... It's done for now, but I will be ordering some accessories like Nurgle icons and chains. Any impressions thus far are appreciated.
[Thumb - image.jpg]

   
Made in ca
Noise Marine Terminator with Sonic Blaster





Heart of Fadeless Splendour

I'm a fan.

You can always cover fascist insignia later on with other bits. I use a dremel for that kind of stuff, FWIW. If you're planning on making a sizable force, it might be worth looking into acquiring one.

The Fall of Kronstaat IV
Война Народная | Voyna Narodnaya | The People's War - 2,662pts painted (updated 19/05/19)
Волшебная Сказка | Volshebnaya Skazka | A Fairy Tale (updated 08/05/19, ep8 - Звезда | Zvezda | The Star)
The Kabal of The Violet Heart (updated 06/05/19)

Never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cause it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment.

 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

 Excommunicatus wrote:
I'm a fan.

You can always cover fascist insignia later on with other bits. I use a dremel for that kind of stuff, FWIW. If you're planning on making a sizable force, it might be worth looking into acquiring one.


I might have to take that under advisement, thanks for the tip.
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





 Excommunicatus wrote:
I'm a fan.

You can always cover fascist insignia later on with other bits. I use a dremel for that kind of stuff, FWIW. If you're planning on making a sizable force, it might be worth looking into acquiring one.


please don't call the double headed eagle fascist.(the fascisct one has only ONE head, the double eagle or doppeladler is a symbol of the Emperor of the HRE)


As for DeathKorp_Rider, do you have something like a swiss army knive?
Something with a grip and a longer blade?
basically if you want to remove it use something like sandpaper, if you want to defile it use the blade and destroy it.

Hint, ALWAYS cut away from yourself, always.I learned that lesson once again from my most recent bout with my Renegade knight....

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in ca
Noise Marine Terminator with Sonic Blaster





Heart of Fadeless Splendour

I just meant Imperium insignia, not the Eagle specifically.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/01/24 08:58:33


The Fall of Kronstaat IV
Война Народная | Voyna Narodnaya | The People's War - 2,662pts painted (updated 19/05/19)
Волшебная Сказка | Volshebnaya Skazka | A Fairy Tale (updated 08/05/19, ep8 - Звезда | Zvezda | The Star)
The Kabal of The Violet Heart (updated 06/05/19)

Never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a Major who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh. He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cause it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment.

 
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





 Excommunicatus wrote:
I just meant Imperium insignia, not the Eagle specifically.


Is the double headed eagle and the emperor at it's helm.

(Yes 40k doing cultural appropriation since , well it's existence, on the other hand maggy thatcher gazhkull is honored. )

Spoiler:


these are heavily wip and i probably need to get rid of the paint at some point, i got them for cheap with a scraped basilisk,which ended up in a daemon engine, they also were used for Color testing etc.
Point is, you can shave away half the eagle, scratch it, or even leave it and later paint over it with godspecific symbols.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/01/24 09:26:46


https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

Here are some Marauders I made using Chaos raptors, CSM bits, and SM scout pieces.
[Thumb - image.jpg]

[Thumb - image.jpg]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/02/14 19:50:36


 
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





DeathKorp_Rider wrote:
Here are some Marauders I made using Chaos raptors, CSM bits, and SM scout pieces.


Nice, really niiice.
   
Made in us
Shrieking Traitor Sentinel Pilot





The Wastes of Krieg

I wanted to do it without the cape, but the sniper rifles are specifically made to go with those arms and I didn't want to try and make substitutes, but w/e
   
Made in ch
Potent Possessed Daemonvessel





Hmm, consider 3rd parties. I bought mine from anvil, technically you can with some Finesse, use scouts, that said scouts also are a usefull Basis for marauders with heretek specialisation.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/766717.page

A Mostly Renegades and Heretics blog.
_______________________________

Who would win:
10'000 + years of veterancy, or some raidy Boys?
(Not Online in regards to the new Red Corsair battalion CP boost.) 
   
 
Forum Index » Dakka P&M Blogs
Go to: