Switch Theme:

I use a VPN to hide my address: why is it not working?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Frightnening Fiend of Slaanesh



Burning with the Gods in Valhalla

delete

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2019/08/11 04:17:30


 
   
Made in us
Member of the Ethereal Council




USA

This would probably get a better answer in Nuts and Bolts.

But first I'd check your profile. You can manually change your country flag, and I know the website hasn't always updated that properly from when your account was first created. EDIT: Meaning your VPN might be working, but DakkaDakka knows you were US when you made your account and has kept that flag there despite the VPN.

Also, a lot of VPN services don't really work. They hide your IP address sure, but there are other ways to know where you're connecting from.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2019/08/10 23:32:03


   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






Well seems the OP has sorted things out themselves.

One note though, LordofHats users cannot change their flag, it is done through automatic detection based upon I.P. The only options you have for selecting your country are those which relate to your Location given in your profile and for the player finder.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
Made in us
Member of the Ethereal Council




USA

Really? I could have sworn I'd seen people update their flag having similar issues. Maybe Lego fixed it?

   
Made in us
Major General





Florence, KY

 LordofHats wrote:
Really? I could have sworn I'd seen people update their flag having similar issues. Maybe Lego fixed it?

The mods can fix the flags.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/763561.page#10145898

'It is a source of constant consternation that my opponents
cannot correlate their innate inferiority with their inevitable
defeat. It would seem that stupidity is as eternal as war.'

- Nemesor Zahndrekh of the Sautekh Dynasty
Overlord of the Crownworld of Gidrim
 
   
Made in gb
Keeper of the Holy Orb of Antioch





avoiding the lorax on Crion

 Ghaz wrote:
 LordofHats wrote:
Really? I could have sworn I'd seen people update their flag having similar issues. Maybe Lego fixed it?

The mods can fix the flags.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/763561.page#10145898


Yeah. They did mine years ago when I kept coming up as American or European not UK.

Sgt. Vanden - OOC Hey, that was your doing. I didn't choose to fly in the "Dongerprise'.

"May the odds be ever in your favour"

Hybrid Son Of Oxayotl wrote:
I have no clue how Dakka's moderation work. I expect it involves throwing a lot of d100 and looking at many random tables.

FudgeDumper - It could be that you are just so uncomfortable with the idea of your chapters primarch having his way with a docile tyranid spore cyst, that you must deny they have any feelings at all.  
   
Made in nz
[MOD]
Villanous Scum






 jhe90 wrote:
 Ghaz wrote:
 LordofHats wrote:
Really? I could have sworn I'd seen people update their flag having similar issues. Maybe Lego fixed it?

The mods can fix the flags.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/763561.page#10145898


Yeah. They did mine years ago when I kept coming up as American or European not UK.


Indeed. When we change it, it also 'fixes' the flag to that one permanently.

On parle toujours mal quand on n'a rien à dire.
Keeping the flame of Babylon 5 A Call to Arms alive, check it out;
Babylon 5 ACTA campaign log
Babylon 5 ACTA Painting log
Backfire wrote:
Nobody kills his dad and participates in genocide just for cosplay.
 
   
 
Forum Index » Nuts & Bolts
Go to: