Switch Theme:

Feirros as Techmarine?  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Regular Dakkanaut





Hi all,

A noob question here, is it possible to run Feirros as a standard Primaris Techmarine? If so would I need to modify the data sheet or just use the Primaris Techmarine?

Thanks
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

Just use the standard Primaris Techmarine sheet.
   
Made in gb
Death-Dealing Devastator




Personally I would have liked both Feirros and Shrike to have come with option to make standard character.

That way we would have 2 of the missing Character options already without taking up release slots that other factions deserve more right now (eg Guard and Craftworld)
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





ScarVet101 wrote:
Personally I would have liked both Feirros and Shrike to have come with option to make standard character.

That way we would have 2 of the missing Character options already without taking up release slots that other factions deserve more right now (eg Guard and Craftworld)

Technically there's only one missing character option since the Primaris Techmarine is in the book and we've seen the model, but the point is a good one.

   
Made in gb
Death-Dealing Devastator




The Newman wrote:
ScarVet101 wrote:
Personally I would have liked both Feirros and Shrike to have come with option to make standard character.

That way we would have 2 of the missing Character options already without taking up release slots that other factions deserve more right now (eg Guard and Craftworld)

Technically there's only one missing character option since the Primaris Techmarine is in the book and we've seen the model, but the point is a good one.


Sorry I meant more as Character options. eg, currently we have 2 Gravis captains but not other standard Gravis Characters so Techmarine, Chaplain, Justicar, Ancient, Apothecary, Librarian & Lieutenants are all still "missing". It's similar for Phobos.

So If Feirros had been sold with bits to make a generic Techmarine in Gravis it would have been one less release slot needed

   
Made in us
Steady Space Marine Vet Sergeant




San Jose, CA

ScarVet101 wrote:

Sorry I meant more as Character options. eg, currently we have 2 Gravis captains but not other standard Gravis Characters so Techmarine, Chaplain, Justicar, Ancient, Apothecary, Librarian & Lieutenants are all still "missing". It's similar for Phobos.

So If Feirros had been sold with bits to make a generic Techmarine in Gravis it would have been one less release slot needed



Yup, but gotta have as many Marine releases as possible.
   
Made in au
Bonkers Buggy Driver with Rockets





ScarVet101 wrote:
Personally I would have liked both Feirros and Shrike to have come with option to make standard character.

That way we would have 2 of the missing Character options already without taking up release slots that other factions deserve more right now (eg Guard and Craftworld)


It's strange how arbitrary they seem to be with that sort of thing. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. If each of the characters we've gotten this year were like that Dark Angel character that had options to make an unnamed captain it would be so incredible. Both for modelers and the game. Take Ghaz or a Warlord. Swap the heads and weapons. Boom, done.
   
Made in us
Dakka Veteran





Is ferrios's base size standard techmarine size? Since he and they both have ranged from the base auras, that could matter to sticklers in the game (although not to friends, I suspect)

Guard gaurd gAAAARDity Gaurd gaurd.  
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

Dukeofstuff wrote:
Is ferrios's base size standard techmarine size? Since he and they both have ranged from the base auras, that could matter to sticklers in the game (although not to friends, I suspect)


No, both Feirros & the Primaris Techmarine are on 40mm.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut





ScarVet101 wrote:
Sorry I meant more as Character options. eg, currently we have 2 Gravis captains but not other standard Gravis Characters so Techmarine, Chaplain, Justicar, Ancient, Apothecary, Librarian & Lieutenants are all still "missing". It's similar for Phobos.

So If Feirros had been sold with bits to make a generic Techmarine in Gravis it would have been one less release slot needed

This. Ditto with Sisters and their flying flame chicken and lack of generic Living Saint/jump Canoness. I have no idea why GW is so stupid with 40K releases, virtually every named AoS character is dual build with ton of extra bits to customize them.

It's even dumber because some of the 40K primaris characters already have replaceable pad allowing to do chapter swap in seconds, why are writers so incompetent they can't spend 30 seconds on generic sheet for these is beyond me...
   
Made in fi
Focused Fire Warrior






So techmarine in Gravis armour is a valid HQ choice in the new SM codex? Was thinking about how I'd love a Feirros in my BA army.. (FWIW I don't have the new 9th ed dexes yet)
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




NE Ohio, USA

 tauist wrote:
So techmarine in Gravis armour is a valid HQ choice in the new SM codex? Was thinking about how I'd love a Feirros in my BA army.. (FWIW I don't have the new 9th ed dexes yet)


In Gravis armor? As a BA? No. {I could be wrong, I don't own a BA book}
But if you paint Feirros up as a Blood Angel/run him as a BA Techmarine you won't be running Feirros anyways so it really doesn't matter what the armor is on the physical model is as you won't have Feirros specific rules wich includes his Gravis... All you'll have is a fancy looking BA Techmarine.

Now if you were willing to battleforge your Marine force as Astartes instead of BA.... Then you could actually have Feirros himself in that HQ slot.
Is doing that worth whatever you'd lose by not being forged as BAs to you?
   
Made in gb
Death-Dealing Devastator




 tauist wrote:
So techmarine in Gravis armour is a valid HQ choice in the new SM codex? Was thinking about how I'd love a Feirros in my BA army.. (FWIW I don't have the new 9th ed dexes yet)


Sorry the only normal Gravis Characters are the 2 Captains. The point was more that it would have been an easy job just to add bits like a blank shoulder pad and alternative head and released it as a dual kit (like most AOS names Characters).

To be fair though, if it's a friendly game I wouldn't have an issue with with someone using Feirros to "count as" just by changing the chapter references.
   
Made in fi
Focused Fire Warrior






ccs wrote:
 tauist wrote:
So techmarine in Gravis armour is a valid HQ choice in the new SM codex? Was thinking about how I'd love a Feirros in my BA army.. (FWIW I don't have the new 9th ed dexes yet)


In Gravis armor? As a BA? No. {I could be wrong, I don't own a BA book}
But if you paint Feirros up as a Blood Angel/run him as a BA Techmarine you won't be running Feirros anyways so it really doesn't matter what the armor is on the physical model is as you won't have Feirros specific rules wich includes his Gravis... All you'll have is a fancy looking BA Techmarine.

Now if you were willing to battleforge your Marine force as Astartes instead of BA.... Then you could actually have Feirros himself in that HQ slot.
Is doing that worth whatever you'd lose by not being forged as BAs to you?


Interesting.. so if I make my army as Astartes, what exactly do I lose? the chapter specific bonuses like black rage and +1 A when charging?

I dont actually use SM doctrines at all so I'd be totally ok about losing those. In fact, the only BA specific unit I field in my army is the Death Company, I don't use sang guard, Baal preds nor named characters..

I seriously need to upgrade to the new codex's

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2021/01/06 19:51:42


 
   
 
Forum Index » 40K General Discussion
Go to: