Switch Theme:

Horus Heresy White Scars novel reading order  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

Hi guys,
I wanted to start the WS arc of the Horus Heresy, especially as they fight EC and have a very interesting history by themselves, but I wasn't able to figure out by myself the correct reading order of the few books realized. Would you have the correct order ?
Thanks !

   
Made in us
Potent Grey Knight Librarian





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

Brotherhood of the Storm, Scars then Path of Heaven.

Warhawk can be read before Scars of after Path of Heaven.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2021/03/25 16:22:15


 
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





Cap that list off with Brotherhood of the Moon and Allegiance.
   
Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

Thx guys !
And where would you put brotherhood of the moon and allegiance in the list ?

   
Made in us
Potent Grey Knight Librarian





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

No problem.

Brotherhood of the Moon you can put between Scars and Path of Heaven and then Allegiance comes after Path of Heaven.
   
Made in fr
Secret Inquisitorial Eldar Xenexecutor





France

Perfect ! Right now I'm back at reading the HH books after a long 6 months gap, I'm going to read the Thousand Sons arc and then I'll finally take a look at the Scars' one. I'm super interested by their analogy and confrontation with the Emperor's Children.

   
Made in us
Potent Grey Knight Librarian





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

I think you will enjoy the Scars arc, for me its one of the redeeming parts of the mixed quality that is the Heresy Series.
   
Made in us
Rogue Grot Kannon Gunna





Atlanta, GA

 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
I think you will enjoy the Scars arc, for me its one of the redeeming parts of the mixed quality that is the Heresy Series.


Probably because Chris Wraight is a great author. There's a reason I skip all over the place with the Horus Heresy novels.
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch






 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
Brotherhood of the Storm, Scars then Path of Heaven.

Warhawk can be read before Scars of after Path of Heaven.


Brotherhood of the storm doesnt come up on my HH book order searches. Interesting.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

Eldar- 4436 pts


AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "


 Eonfuzz wrote:


I would much rather everyone have a half ass than no ass.


"A warrior does not seek fame and honour. They come to him as he humbly follows his path"  
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





 Argive wrote:
 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
Brotherhood of the Storm, Scars then Path of Heaven.

Warhawk can be read before Scars of after Path of Heaven.


Brotherhood of the storm doesnt come up on my HH book order searches. Interesting.

Brotherhood of the Storm is a novella in the Legacies of Betrayal anthology. Just like how Brotherhood of the Moon is in Eye of Terra and Alleigences is in War Without End.

I tell people this all the time but if you're skipping the anthologies, you're missing out on a good half of the best stories the Horus Heresy has to offer.
   
Made in us
Potent Grey Knight Librarian





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

 Mr. Grey wrote:
 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
I think you will enjoy the Scars arc, for me its one of the redeeming parts of the mixed quality that is the Heresy Series.


Probably because Chris Wraight is a great author. There's a reason I skip all over the place with the Horus Heresy novels.


Very true, he's one of the only BL authors that really pulls my interest anymore.

Argive wrote:
 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
Brotherhood of the Storm, Scars then Path of Heaven.

Warhawk can be read before Scars of after Path of Heaven.


Brotherhood of the storm doesnt come up on my HH book order searches. Interesting.


As said bellow.

jareddm wrote:

Brotherhood of the Storm is a novella in the Legacies of Betrayal anthology. Just like how Brotherhood of the Moon is in Eye of Terra and Alleigences is in War Without End.

I tell people this all the time but if you're skipping the anthologies, you're missing out on a good half of the best stories the Horus Heresy has to offer.


Yeah the anthologies do tend to have some of the best stuff hidden away. Some not so great, but the good with the bad and all that.
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch






 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
 Mr. Grey wrote:
 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
I think you will enjoy the Scars arc, for me its one of the redeeming parts of the mixed quality that is the Heresy Series.


Probably because Chris Wraight is a great author. There's a reason I skip all over the place with the Horus Heresy novels.


Very true, he's one of the only BL authors that really pulls my interest anymore.

Argive wrote:
 VictorVonTzeentch wrote:
Brotherhood of the Storm, Scars then Path of Heaven.

Warhawk can be read before Scars of after Path of Heaven.


Brotherhood of the storm doesnt come up on my HH book order searches. Interesting.


As said bellow.

jareddm wrote:

Brotherhood of the Storm is a novella in the Legacies of Betrayal anthology. Just like how Brotherhood of the Moon is in Eye of Terra and Alleigences is in War Without End.

I tell people this all the time but if you're skipping the anthologies, you're missing out on a good half of the best stories the Horus Heresy has to offer.


Yeah the anthologies do tend to have some of the best stuff hidden away. Some not so great, but the good with the bad and all that.


where do these fit with the "main" books? I wasnt aware these are a thing. Are they on Audible?

Im on book 28(?) - Vengful Spirit

What ones have I missed ?

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

Eldar- 4436 pts


AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "


 Eonfuzz wrote:


I would much rather everyone have a half ass than no ass.


"A warrior does not seek fame and honour. They come to him as he humbly follows his path"  
   
Made in us
Potent Grey Knight Librarian





Where ever the Emperor needs his eyes

Ones you may have missed:
Tales of Heresy - Book 10
Shadows of Treachery - Book 22

Ones you have yet to come:
Legacies of Betrayal - Book 31
War With Out End - Book 33
Eye of Terra - Book 35
Silent War - Book 37
Shattered Legions - Book 43
The Burden of Loyalty - Book 48
Born of Flame - Book 50
Heralds of the Siege - Book 52

Where the individual stories fit in with the overall plot? I dont know I havent read all the anthologies, but it seems like they take place around or before events of timeline of the Heresy near when they are released. Though sometimes they take place way before.
   
Made in us
Lone Wolf Sentinel Pilot





He would've also missed Age of Darkness-Book 16, and The Primarchs-Book 20.

As for a true chronological reading order, you would have to piece apart individual stories from each anthology. It's because the publication date of a given short or novella could be upwards of two years before it was compiled in an anthology. In many cases this meant that a follow-up novel had already been written with the assumption you picked up the short story when it was first out.

My personal favorite guide to chronological order is this one: https://www.kylebb.com/HH/HHSeriesOrder.jpeg
   
Made in gb
Executing Exarch






Ohh ive covered all of those. I just google search HH book order and go by that. If its a numbered book I will listen to it. The short stories ones are bit hit and miss for me

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/772746.page#10378083 - My progress/failblog painting blog thingy

Eldar- 4436 pts


AngryAngel80 wrote:
I don't know, when I see awesome rules, I'm like " Baby, your rules looking so fine. Maybe I gotta add you to my first strike battalion eh ? "


 Eonfuzz wrote:


I would much rather everyone have a half ass than no ass.


"A warrior does not seek fame and honour. They come to him as he humbly follows his path"  
   
 
Forum Index » 40K Background
Go to: