Image Description: After sitting on my painting table for months these babies are finally finished. The paint job has been deliberately kept clean an simple and I've been working hard to mute the colors for a realistic feel. The real minis are a bit more muted than the photo, but I just couldn't be bothered to correct it.
I've been mixing NMMish painting with metallic paints. Still not sure how I feel about the it. I had my mind set to do NMM, but some details like the plasmagun muzzle, just didn't come out right using NMM.
The basing was the worst part to decide on. After evaluating several kits and products I ended up using my bitbox, gravel from the local playground and some birch seeds found in the woods! Ah, well. As someone said in a thread where I asked for advice: less is more! :)