Switch Theme:

Transaction Report: squirrelowar  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert

Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

I hate to have to do this but I'm hoping someone on here maybe knows him and can get in contact with him, or advise me on the best course of action. I honestly don't feel like this is a bad guy, or at least I'm hoping he's not. I completely understand that certain responsibilities take priority but at this point I feel as though I've been more than patient and I'm either getting taken advantage of, or ignored.

So to sum up we agreed to an exchange of about $500 worth of Menoth and accessories for a FW Knight, Kastellan, and Nid codex plus shipping costs paid. He received my side of the trade on August the 1st, and to his credit he did pay for the shipping fees so I honestly am hoping that he is just very busy and this isn't mail fraud. The following is our conversation with important names and addresses removed

From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/24 00:09:12
Subject: Menoth
I have the following:
FW Knight Lancer
Castellax w/ Darkfire Cannon
Newest Nid codex
Models are well built and primed but unpainted.

I am interested in trading for your menoth lot.
---
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/24 08:18:56
Subject: Re:Menoth
I'd love to see pictures! Are you interested in the entire lot?

Thanks!
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/28 16:44:33
Subject: Re:Re:Menoth
Are you still interested in the knight and stuff as trade for menoth? If so can you send me your email? Sorry been pretty busy and forgot to get back to you.
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/28 16:53:42
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Sure! Shoot them to ***

I'll pass the pictures along to the owner and letcha know what he thinks. Did you have an offer or trade in mind for the 2 of them?

Thanks!
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/28 16:57:04
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
I would be interested in doing:
FW Knight Lancer
Castellax w/ Darkfire Cannon
Newest Nid codex

for the menoth lot. I will send pics shortly.
--
(At this point I received the pictures via e-mail and liked them)
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/28 18:04:17
Pictures have been sent. If you can let me know quick I would appreciate it. I have another trade waiting to see if this one goes through.(more menoth to fill out what you have.)
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/28 20:06:20
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Alright I just got done talking with him. We ran the numbers and the trade is pretty in your favor, but he really wants to run that Knight with his Skitarii.

Would you be willing to pay for shipping on the Menoth lot? We can ship it however you'd prefer (we'll cover materials, just the actual shipping cost). Owner said that if you agree to that then he'll do the trade which is

Warcasters:

* Thyra Flame of Sorrow
* Kreoss
* Feora

Heavy warjack -

* Vanquisher
* Scourge of Heresy Upgrade Kit
* Sanctifier NiB
* Converted Fire of Salvation

Light Warjack-

* Vigilant
* Repenter

Solos-

* 2x Vassal of Menoth
* Tear of Vengeance
* Paladin of the Wall
* High Paladin Dartan Vitmon - NIB

Units -

* 5x Exemplar Cinerators
* 6X Choir of Menoth, 1 broken staff top included
* 5x Flameguard Cleansers
* Flamguard Officer

Colossal:

* Judicator (he has the missile bits even though they are not shown)

Extras:

* Dice
* Tokens
* Templates
* MK2 Rulebook

For

FW Knight Lancer
Castellax w/ Darkfire Cannon
Newest Nid codex
Menoth Lot Shipping Costs

Let me know!
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/28 22:35:45
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Can you email me some pics of the menoth, with close ups of the colossal and the converted jack? I don't have a problem paying shipping. I am willing to pay for usps priority mail, a large flat rate box should fit everything and if it fits smaller than that is cool too. Large flat rate is $18 so I will pay up to that or less depending on what actual shipping is. If that works for you then you can send me a pic of the receipt and I will paypal you the cost.

As long as the pictures look good, no damage and such then I would say we have a deal.
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/28 22:52:49
Nevermind on the pics, I saw them. So does that sound like a deal to you?
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/28 22:56:30
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Yessir!

I can still snap some additional pictures tomorrow if you'd like, but if you are good to go without them I'm going to set this trade in motion and snag a large flat rate box tomorrow. I assume everything will fit, but I'll need it in my hands to make sure.
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/28 23:07:33
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
As long as things still look as pictured and no pieces are missing or damaged then we are good to go.

My address is:
***
***
***

Send me your address and I will get things packed up and ready to go.
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/28 23:10:52
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Everything has been sitting in a box since those pictures were taken.

As I mentioned in the post one of the choir of menoth has a broken staff butt the broken piece will be included. I'm at

***
***
***
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/28 23:53:29
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Awesome just send me a pic of the shipping receipt when you have it and I'll send you the cost.
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/29 13:12:42
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Afternoon,

So we are having some trouble finding the flame template for the template set. He's not sure where it went and is out of town so we might not find it until Friday when he gets back.

Do you want me to go ahead and ship the box without the flame template and then shoot the flame template to you in an envelope if we find it or would you like me to hold onto the box until this weekend?

Sorry about that, I really thought it was in there but I'm only seeing the other 2 templates.

Lemme know, thanks!
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/29 16:37:26
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Yeah you can ship the template seperate.
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/29 17:53:24
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Alright sir! One heavy box is going out tomorrow. Tracking is

9405 5036 9930 0111 9809 24

Total was $15.80 for the large flat rate box with receipt uploaded here

***

My PayPal is at *** if you could gift it to that I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/30 09:11:12
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Okay money is sent. I will get you tracking as soon as I have it.
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/30 13:29:37
Hey I saw your post on bartertown about some CoC. Would you be interested in trading the axiom out of it. I saw it posted here too under a different name and sent a message but no response.
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/30 13:36:38
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Afternoon,

That's not my army unfortunately it belongs to a buddy of mine who is trying to get a full 40k army out of it. He mentioned this morning that he is likely going to trade the lot for a Tau army, but I don't even have it at my house.

Sorry about any confusion!
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/07/30 14:06:12
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Ah ok, cause I do have more 40k things and forgeworld stuff but only need the axiom.
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/30 21:27:41
Subject: Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Menoth
Gotcha, yeah I don't think he's looking to part it out as it is a pretty crucial part for moving the army as a whole. Think our original trade will be fine!

Also we've got the flame template, we also forgot to include the broken cross, the colossal wrecked template, and a choir model for some reason so we'll be sending all of those here soon.

Thanks!
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/07/31 11:25:41
Tracking # for second package is

9500 1111 4673 5212 4388 61

Thanks!
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/08/02 09:46:56
Morning!

Just wanted to double check if this got in the mail. Sorry to spam your inbox!

Thanks!
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/08/03 16:27:49
I'm sorry to keep messaging you but I really need a tracking # here.

I see the lot was delivered on the first, is everything OK with it?
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/08/03 22:46:30
Hey sorry I thought I had already messaged you. I have been moving! We just finished up today and I am going to start unpacking tomorrow and hopefully will be able to get to my hobby stuff. I plan on having the knight and stuff in the mail in the next couple days. Again sorry for the drop in updates, like I said I thought I had already told you what was going on! I believe your package did arrive but I haven't had a chance to look at anything as like I said I've been moving.
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/08/04 08:57:58
No problem, please try to get this in the mail ASAP.

Thanks
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/08/07 08:02:11
Has this been mailed?

Thanks!
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/08/09 22:49:03
Evening,

I'm sorry to be a jerk but I need to hear back from you with something definite within the next 24 hours. My side of the trade delivered over a week ago and I still have not gotten a tracking # from you. I am really hoping that life has just gotten busy and you aren't attempting to scam us here but the owner of the Menoth has been patiently waiting for quite some time now but he's starting to get annoyed.

Please get back to me with a shipment details for the FW models soon.

Thanks
From: squirrelowar
To: Telsiph
Date: 2015/08/10 21:37:00
I am not trying to scam you at all. Life is in the way big time. I've been going full bore between working and getting our new place livable. I did start to get into my hobby stuff today so as soon as I can get it unpacked I will get your models shipped to you.
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/08/11 09:29:07
Thanks for getting back with me!

I understand that life can absolutely hit like a ton of bricks. All I ask is that you try to get it in the mail ASAP and toss me updates when possible so I can tell my buddy "See I promise this is still happening, he just replied to me with ***"

Appreciate your time on getting this finished!
From: Telsiph
To: squirrelowar
Date: 2015/08/16 13:02:25
Afternoon!

Could we please get this in the mail on Monday? Definitely understand life gets in the way but it's been over 2 weeks now.

Thanks!
--

And that's the end of it. I haven't heard back from him since the 10th. My request for it to be mailed on Monday came and went and my request for him to keep updating me was not fulfilled.

I see people have had successful trades with him on both dakka and bartertown so I am genuinely hopeful that he will get these models in the mail by the end of the week, but if not I'm unsure how to proceed as this is would be quite a bit of money lost. I have also sent e-mails to the address he gave me to try and get his attention.

Thanks!

Made in ca
Dakka Veteran

Good luck man, seems there have been a few reports about this guy. I can't recall how they were resolved but definitely seems like a problem trader. 'life comes up' isn't an excuse. Don't post about a trade if you can't make it to a post office.

Hope you get resolution!

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

To be frank I really don't think this guy as a scammer. I mean maybe I'm just being optimistic but I really know that life can you hit you like a ton of bricks and when that's going on, how could you be worried about getting some plastic toys in the mail? This report is me really hoping that someone knows him and can spur him into action. If I'm wrong however, then this report can serve another purpose as well.

That being said, there still is a limit for how far that understanding can go. After a while it is just being rude and inconsiderate to continue to not at least take a little time to complete your side of an agreement. This isn't $20 or $30 worth of stuff, this is an entire army that was worth around $500. When we start dealing with bigger numbers like that, yeah I start getting a little worried when 3 weeks go by. Little hard to believe there's been no chance within that time frame to make it to the post office.

Fingers are crossed that I get a tracking # soon though, cause if not I really have no idea where to go from there as I've never really dealt with this before. I've always had a great experiences trading on here.

Made in us
[SWAP SHOP MOD]
Robot Cat

OH-I Wanna get out of here

This account has been closed because of irregularities and the user will not be available to further discuss trades. I have sent the OP all the info I can.

Remember if you do not have actual info, then the TR is not the place to post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2015/08/21 19:20:29

Made in us
Regular Dakkanaut

So as an update I have received 2 out of 3 items that were promised to me. Communication with squirrel is basically nonexistent but Jaquire has been very quick to respond and assisted in getting me the 2 Forgeworld items.

I am still waiting on the Nid codex and I'm hoping that this will all be resolved soon!

Made in us
Fiery Bright Wizard

Idaho

Yeah, I had the same problem with the guy. Sent him my entire dwarf force, and he jipped me on the second half of the trade. I never pushed it mostly becuase he payed the 50 in cash we agreed on, but now I realise that maybe I should have. To bad it's been so longsince he screwed me over. best of luck man.

I'll never be able to repay CA for making GW realize that The Old World was a cash cow, left to die in a field.

Forum Index » Dakka Swap Shop
Go to: