Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
Times and dates in your local timezone.
Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.
I created my page about painting miniatures a while back, and am very happy to have an audience, however small, to watch at the work that I do. The growth of my page has been much slower than I hoped though, and it is clear that I must make some changes. Up until now my plan has always been to paint the best miniature that I can, and hopefuly it would blow everyone away. But, as my skill grew, so too did I realise just how inferior my paintjobs were to many talented painters out there. So, my plan now is to post WIP-s in adition to my finished works, in hopes that I can recieve feedback by you wonderfull people, and so that I can explain my process in depth to anyone who is interested.
Yesterday I made the playground and was quite happy with how it turned out. Today I decided that it looked a bit too happy considering it is supposed to be the forgoten remains of a blasted civilisation. The simplest way to fix this was to change the ambience to something darker, so I airbrushed some Night blue onto the whole thing, then airbrushed some white to represent moonlight and reinforced the blue again in some areas. I added some broken glass shards to make the piece a bit less empty and finaly painted and glued the kid. For the kid I imagined two sources of light: a weak one comming from above representing moonlight, and a stronger one comming from below representing moonlight bouncing from the snow and ice. All of the colours on the kid had some Night blue mixed into them to sell the ambience efect. I think that it turned out great, I was honestly quite surprised to see how the pictures turned out. My brother tried some new photography techniques too, and it is safe to say we will be using them again in the future.
Sorry for not posting in such a long time. I haven't managed to arrange any commissions this summer so I setled on a summer job and thus haven't been able to paint anything. Hopefuly this makes up for it.
This blog will nog go through a short period of radio silence. Models are being painted (and one is already done) for a local painting competition, the rules of which forbid me to post any entries untill it starts. Once this period ends though, you will be treated to some of the best work ever posted to this blog!
Just something to kill the time. Don't have the money to get the models I want to paint right now sadly. Not something I put too much effort into but I did learn a lot from it, so I call that a success.
OSL and night time experiment (again). Turned out pretty good. I edited a black background for this picture, but for some reason it dakkadakka (and other sites) recognise them as the same picture and refuse to allow both of them to be up at the same time, so you will have to imagine the black background.