Switch Theme:

Horus Heresy / 30K news and rumours  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:


No, you be quiet for once.

I am SICK AND TIRED of the fact that everytime GW reveals a specialist model and doesn't specifically spell RESIN out in enormous red bold letters at the top of the article, a bunch of people come running and screaming nabout the fact that it totally might be plastic this time, guys, despite the fact there's literally negative evidence for the fact. They add bloody nothing to the discussion and whatever point they have is destroyed by a few seconds of thinking.


For once? I'm not the one who regularly screams the house down in their forum posts. The only reason you get away with it is because the forum moderation on Dakka are far more chilled out than on the majority of other forums I've been on. Seriously, you would have been banned long before now.

Also, Its not my problem that Warhammer Community can't be bothered to state if its a Forgeworld release or not. Tough.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in fi
Trustworthy Shas'vre






 blood reaper wrote:
 tauist wrote:
My hunch says the model has too many injection molding witness marks to be a resin model. Seems kinda low detailed too. Plastic model most probably.


The amount of copium being huffed around these parts is utterly insane.


I had to google that up. Copium huh? cute.

I was merely speculating that since resin wasn't mentioned, the model might be plastic. There is nothing there to suggest a resin sculpt (skewed bolter barrel while most resin barrels have perfect barrel holes). There is a high probability that I am wrong. In any case, no skin off my back because

1) I don't collect EC nor ever intend to
2) I buy models based on looks and do not care if its resin or plastic (unless it's a large model like a Vehicle or piece of terrain).

Regardless of whether its resin or plastic, we can all agree that the model has witness marks, suggesting suboptimal finish & assembly, and the bolter hole seems hand drilled.

Keep yur panties on people.. sheesh

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 2022/08/11 15:45:23


 
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

SamusDrake wrote:
 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:


My God you people never learn

HOW

HOW DO YOU COME TO THIS CONCLUSION

There has not been a single God-damned legion-specific plastic release so far! SO WHY, WHY WOULD THIS PRAETOR BE ONE?

You could have a hunch it's made of bloody hand-carved wood and it'd be as valid of a """"""hunch""""" (read; baseless hopium)


Oh do be quiet.

If you had actually read my post I didn't come to a conclusion on it being a plastic or resin release, only my opinion of the model and why I'd dip my hand in my wallet. Besides, I don't know what GW's plans are for the Horus Heresy release schedule. If you're so well informed then good for you.


In terms of their plans, as per their big Heresy reveal stream thing they did, legion specific stuff is staying resin.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/11 15:48:21


 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





 ImAGeek wrote:


In terms of their plans, as per their big Heresy reveal stream thing they did, legion specific stuff is staying resin.


Thank you for explaining.

I hadn't seen the reveal stream when it was on and if I see any new legion specific stuff then I just won't comment on them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/11 15:57:59


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

It would be much easier for everyone if they just said in the article. They usually clear it up on social media when people ask umpteen times afterwards so I dunno why they’ve not learnt.
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

 ImAGeek wrote:
It would be much easier for everyone if they just said in the article. They usually clear it up on social media when people ask umpteen times afterwards so I dunno why they’ve not learnt.


They learned that if they don't say it they get free social media engagement?

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





SamusDrake wrote:

Also, Its not my problem that Warhammer Community can't be bothered to state if its a Forgeworld release or not. Tough.


They don't say that for the same reason the weatherman doesn't start his broadcast by telling you the sun rose in the East this morning. These legion-specific upgrades have always been resin and will be for the foreseeable future. They tell people this in FB comment replies daily, and gaming events every time they go. "Are these plastic?" "No, and currently there are no plans for legion upgrades to be plastic". Yet somehow, every single preview, we have people asking "hurr durr, will these be plastic?! reeeee!" You guys are supposed to put the glue on your models, not huff it.
   
Made in de
World-Weary Pathfinder





I think the recent generation of digitally designed Forge World Horus Heresy models are much cleaner and better sculpts than most of their older sculpts, which usually have a lot of messy spots and are full of proportional inconsistencies, so I'm all for it

Wish they'll redo some of the older Legion-specific units. And some more generic specialized Consuls would be nice.

 
   
Made in pl
Longtime Dakkanaut




Germany

Toofast wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:

Also, Its not my problem that Warhammer Community can't be bothered to state if its a Forgeworld release or not. Tough.


They don't say that for the same reason the weatherman doesn't start his broadcast by telling you the sun rose in the East this morning. These legion-specific upgrades have always been resin and will be for the foreseeable future. They tell people this in FB comment replies daily, and gaming events every time they go. "Are these plastic?" "No, and currently there are no plans for legion upgrades to be plastic". Yet somehow, every single preview, we have people asking "hurr durr, will these be plastic?! reeeee!" You guys are supposed to put the glue on your models, not huff it.


But it smells so nice!

"Tabletop games are the only setting when a body is made more horrifying for NOT being chopped into smaller pieces."
- Jiado 
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





Well they say give monkey enough time and they will write shakespeare. Ask if it's plastlc often enough and quantum effect causes plastic version appear out of another dimension? As that's only way this would be plastic.

2022 painted/bought: 681/867 
   
Made in us
Paramount Plague Censer Bearer





Texas

I don't care if it is resin or plastic. I will definitely get at least 1, possibly two for my EC force. I am absolutely loving the attention my loyalist ECs are getting.

Urusei Yatsura, Cerebus the Aardvark, Machiavelli, Plato and Happy Days. So, how was your childhood?

DC:70S+G++M+++B+I-Pat43/f+D++A(WTF)/eWD079R+++T(R)DM+ 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Toofast wrote:
SamusDrake wrote:

Also, Its not my problem that Warhammer Community can't be bothered to state if its a Forgeworld release or not. Tough.


They don't say that for the same reason the weatherman doesn't start his broadcast by telling you the sun rose in the East this morning. These legion-specific upgrades have always been resin and will be for the foreseeable future. They tell people this in FB comment replies daily, and gaming events every time they go. "Are these plastic?" "No, and currently there are no plans for legion upgrades to be plastic". Yet somehow, every single preview, we have people asking "hurr durr, will these be plastic?! reeeee!" You guys are supposed to put the glue on your models, not huff it.


This might be surprising but not everyone looks at the GW/FW facebook pages. Well done to those who do...

I don't have a problem if its already been established if the releases are legion specific, but a quick "its already been confirmed" will suffice rather than all the drama we've just witnessed.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in fi
5th God of Chaos (O'rly?)





Would help if this same thing didn't come up every single release and by same guys...and come next legion release same guys go "is it plasticy" again. And again. And again. And again.

They might not read gw/fw fb. Nor do they read replies here. Or at least remember answer after hour.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/11 16:42:48


2022 painted/bought: 681/867 
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





tneva82 wrote:
Well they say give monkey enough time and they will write shakespeare. Ask if it's plastlc often enough and quantum effect causes plastic version appear out of another dimension? As that's only way this would be plastic.


I can't speak for Tauist, but once again I didn't ask if it were plastic or not; merely saying that I'd buy it if it were. The new model is that good.

If I had written "this is an outrage and Forgeworld should be closed down immediately!" I could see your point of view here, but I was coming from a point of "thats a shame".


Automatically Appended Next Post:
tneva82 wrote:
Would help if this same thing didn't come up every single release and by same guys...and come next legion release same guys go "is it plasticy" again. And again. And again. And again.

They might not read gw/fw fb. Nor do they read replies here. Or at least remember answer after hour.


Once again, all they have to do is declare it as a Forgeworld product. Requires no effort at all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/11 16:44:24


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






I like that EC praetor a lot, really good.

Doesn't much matter because I'm no doing ECs now and because resin, but very nice.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





They are very nice, Albertorius. I don't go much on the chaos legions in 40K, but their 30K designs are quite beautiful.

Ahriman was my favourite but the Emperors Children models are a real head turner.


Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in fr
Inquisitorial Keeper of the Xenobanks





France

Nice, a starcraft model ! Oh wait, no, it's a 30k Emperor's Children ? Well, I guess I've never seen an Emperor's Children before then...
The EC praetors are the only ones that I dislike, which is a shame seeing as I collect them
There is nothing right with them

   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





It's just exhausting, especially to people who play specialist games. Every time a new thing is previewed for Necromunda or Titanicus, or now HH, I have to wade through 50% of the comments about "is it plastic" to see actual discussion about the release. I don't even understand why it's such a huge deal. If you're incapable of using superglue or building resin models, this probably isn't the hobby for you. Most companies outside of GW require building resin/metal models. Most kickstarters are resin. Games like Epic are basically only alive because of 3D printed RESIN models. I really don't understand people in a modeling hobby throwing a temper tantrum in every comment section over a model being resin, especially when all the previous releases of the same type are in resin. You might as well be mad at cold weather in England in December.
   
Made in gb
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





It's not really about superglue mate.
   
Made in gb
Thermo-Optical Hac Tao





Gosport, UK

 stahly wrote:
I think the recent generation of digitally designed Forge World Horus Heresy models are much cleaner and better sculpts than most of their older sculpts, which usually have a lot of messy spots and are full of proportional inconsistencies, so I'm all for it

Wish they'll redo some of the older Legion-specific units. And some more generic specialized Consuls would be nice.


I wouldn’t mind them redoing some of the earlier legion specific stuff, but there’s some (like the Emperors Children stuff specifically) that I actually much prefer to a lot of the newer stuff and don’t think would come out as well if they redid them.
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





Toofast wrote:
It's just exhausting, especially to people who play specialist games. Every time a new thing is previewed for Necromunda or Titanicus, or now HH, I have to wade through 50% of the comments about "is it plastic" to see actual discussion about the release. I don't even understand why it's such a huge deal. If you're incapable of using superglue or building resin models, this probably isn't the hobby for you. Most companies outside of GW require building resin/metal models. Most kickstarters are resin. Games like Epic are basically only alive because of 3D printed RESIN models. I really don't understand people in a modeling hobby throwing a temper tantrum in every comment section over a model being resin, especially when all the previous releases of the same type are in resin. You might as well be mad at cold weather in England in December.


Can't speak for others but for me its the price. But it is what it is, and really only have issue with the Titanicus range but thats beyond the topic for this thread.

Look, here's where I stand with everyone else here; I won't comment on future legion-specific releases.

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in us
Speed Drybrushing





Tangentville, New Jersey

 Wha-Mu-077 wrote:
You might want to trim out the sword a tiny bit, the guard has a hidden Slaanesh symbol.

Personally, I think it looks more like the claw on the EC wing & claw chapter symbol.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/11 18:00:02



 
   
Made in es
Inspiring SDF-1 Bridge Officer






Toofast wrote:
It's just exhausting, especially to people who play specialist games. Every time a new thing is previewed for Necromunda or Titanicus, or now HH, I have to wade through 50% of the comments about "is it plastic" to see actual discussion about the release. I don't even understand why it's such a huge deal. If you're incapable of using superglue or building resin models, this probably isn't the hobby for you. Most companies outside of GW require building resin/metal models. Most kickstarters are resin. Games like Epic are basically only alive because of 3D printed RESIN models. I really don't understand people in a modeling hobby throwing a temper tantrum in every comment section over a model being resin, especially when all the previous releases of the same type are in resin. You might as well be mad at cold weather in England in December.


Oh it's not really the resin, or the glue. It's Forgeworld. Bite me ten times and all that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2022/08/11 18:53:44


 
   
Made in ca
Battle-tested Knight Castellan Pilot








What a awesome looking model. A swing and a homerun for GW/FW. Looks really good IMHO.
   
Made in gb
Been Around the Block




JSG wrote:
Tell GW to stop sculpting these resin minis in CAD and you won't have that problem.


You don't have to click "break edges" you know.
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut




 godardc wrote:
Nice, a starcraft model ! Oh wait, no, it's a 30k Emperor's Children ? Well, I guess I've never seen an Emperor's Children before then...
The EC praetors are the only ones that I dislike, which is a shame seeing as I collect them
There is nothing right with them

How in the cornbread hell does that Praetor look like it's from Starcraft
   
Made in gb
Longtime Dakkanaut





EviscerationPlague wrote:

How in the cornbread hell does that Praetor look like it's from Starcraft


I was getting a Horus helmet vibe, from Stargate. Actually, that would be cool if Djimon Hounsou was under that helmet!

Casual gaming, mostly solo-coop these days.

 
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut





 Mr_Rose wrote:
It’s oddly un-detailed for a resin model. I’d expect finer/sharper edges and more undercuts.


That's true, but I think it's still an excellent miniature. I don't see any major lack of undercuts anywhere that causes distortion, though.

Almost looks like this model was made so that it *could* be done in plastic with the same CAD file--the ropes and cloth don't appear to have undercuts, but they're done in such a way you don't really miss them. I wonder if the idea is that they might transition some of these in the future if sales justify it?

This might be the nail in the coffin that forces me to do EC along with my Iron Hands
   
Made in us
Veteran Knight Baron in a Crusader





SamusDrake wrote:
Toofast wrote:
It's just exhausting, especially to people who play specialist games. Every time a new thing is previewed for Necromunda or Titanicus, or now HH, I have to wade through 50% of the comments about "is it plastic" to see actual discussion about the release. I don't even understand why it's such a huge deal. If you're incapable of using superglue or building resin models, this probably isn't the hobby for you. Most companies outside of GW require building resin/metal models. Most kickstarters are resin. Games like Epic are basically only alive because of 3D printed RESIN models. I really don't understand people in a modeling hobby throwing a temper tantrum in every comment section over a model being resin, especially when all the previous releases of the same type are in resin. You might as well be mad at cold weather in England in December.


Can't speak for others but for me its the price. But it is what it is, and really only have issue with the Titanicus range but thats beyond the topic for this thread.

Look, here's where I stand with everyone else here; I won't comment on future legion-specific releases.


People are free to discuss what they want, but you would add more to the discussion by closing your eyes and banging your forehead on the keyboard a few times than asking if a Titanicus or HH upgrade is resin
   
Made in us
Longtime Dakkanaut






Richmond, VA

 ImAGeek wrote:
It would be much easier for everyone if they just said in the article. They usually clear it up on social media when people ask umpteen times afterwards so I dunno why they’ve not learnt.


I agree, it's so stupid. It's always asked. Just tell people. It's not fooling anyone into buying it.
   
 
Forum Index » News & Rumors
Go to: