Switch Theme:

Few and Far Between  [RSS] Share on facebook Share on Twitter Submit to Reddit
»
Author Message
Advert


Forum adverts like this one are shown to any user who is not logged in. Join us by filling out a tiny 3 field form and you will get your own, free, dakka user account which gives a good range of benefits to you:
  • No adverts like this in the forums anymore.
  • Times and dates in your local timezone.
  • Full tracking of what you have read so you can skip to your first unread post, easily see what has changed since you last logged in, and easily see what is new at a glance.
  • Email notifications for threads you want to watch closely.
  • Being a part of the oldest wargaming community on the net.
If you are already a member then feel free to login now.




Made in us
Bounding Black Templar Assault Marine




Parma, OH

Excellent work on all of this. Like the trench system especially.

As a hint for all, if you go to a Pat Catans, Michaels or similar craft store you can pick up a "hot wire cutter" that runs on D batteries and cost about $3.00 and works great for cutting any type foam.

 
   
Made in ca
Yellin' Yoof






Alberta, Canada

Sweet terrain.
   
Made in us
Junior Officer with Laspistol






The eye of terror.

VermGho5t wrote:It's nice to see a new face on Dakka. Generally most new users do not appropriate originals of other users here, claiming them as their own original work. I guess I should be flattered, you're own takes on creating new propganda posters are awesome, but for feths sake you could have at least given me and the others who created several of the these posters their goddamned credit due as we put in a lot of hard work to create them and then put them up to the community of Dakka.

I don't care if you use them, that is why they were made, but make for goddamn sure you give the people who put in the time and work their credit due for that at the very least.

If readers are too lazy to do a simple search or browse my gallery and see the dates in which the images were posted then here is a link to the DL of the pack. http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/214123.page

...and here is a link to my gallery.



Although he has provided no specific credits to those who did make the "posters" the creater of the thread has also been careful to say that he did not create them.

Why did the berzerker cross the road?
Gwar! wrote:Willydstyle has it correct
Gwar! wrote:Yup you're absolutely right

New to the game and can't win? Read this.

 
   
Made in us
Banelord Titan Princeps of Khorne






willydstyle wrote:
VermGho5t wrote:It's nice to see a new face on Dakka. Generally most new users do not appropriate originals of other users here, claiming them as their own original work. I guess I should be flattered, you're own takes on creating new propganda posters are awesome, but for feths sake you could have at least given me and the others who created several of the these posters their goddamned credit due as we put in a lot of hard work to create them and then put them up to the community of Dakka.

I don't care if you use them, that is why they were made, but make for goddamn sure you give the people who put in the time and work their credit due for that at the very least.

If readers are too lazy to do a simple search or browse my gallery and see the dates in which the images were posted then here is a link to the DL of the pack. http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/214123.page

...and here is a link to my gallery.



Although he has provided no specific credits to those who did make the "posters" the creater of the thread has also been careful to say that he did not create them.


On the other hand, the posters he is using come from another member here on Dakka, and the gallery system is pretty easy to use. Since he found the stuff, and the creator is on the same site that the new member is joining, you'd think he'd give a brief shout out? Especially since the new member wants to make a good natured entry into the community? Just a little common courtesy is all.

Veriamp wrote:I have emerged from my lurking to say one thing. When Mat taught the Necrons to feel, he taught me to love.

Whitedragon Paints! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/613745.page 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

whitedragon wrote:
willydstyle wrote:
VermGho5t wrote:It's nice to see a new face on Dakka. Generally most new users do not appropriate originals of other users here, claiming them as their own original work. I guess I should be flattered, you're own takes on creating new propganda posters are awesome, but for feths sake you could have at least given me and the others who created several of the these posters their goddamned credit due as we put in a lot of hard work to create them and then put them up to the community of Dakka.

I don't care if you use them, that is why they were made, but make for goddamn sure you give the people who put in the time and work their credit due for that at the very least.

If readers are too lazy to do a simple search or browse my gallery and see the dates in which the images were posted then here is a link to the DL of the pack. http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/214123.page

...and here is a link to my gallery.



Although he has provided no specific credits to those who did make the "posters" the creater of the thread has also been careful to say that he did not create them.


On the other hand, the posters he is using come from another member here on Dakka, and the gallery system is pretty easy to use. Since he found the stuff, and the creator is on the same site that the new member is joining, you'd think he'd give a brief shout out? Especially since the new member wants to make a good natured entry into the community? Just a little common courtesy is all.





My most humblest apologies “VermGho5t & whitedragon” and any others. At the time of appropriating most works of the afformentioned (some of whom I did not get directly from Dakka – this is the internet) I did not think to note down their original authors because I did not think of using them in this way nor did I even have a Dakka account or really think I was going to make one . So when I made the account and posted the pieces I was (seemingly) unable to “credit directly” certain authors of the pieces (also because as I said before I have like “10,0000,000,0000,000” Warhammer 40k images so they were really just lost in the pile). Thus I just blankly said that these were not my works.... I in no way intended to take any credit I was only trying to infuse my own first topic with a little flavour from the community. My apologies I intended in no way to neither offend nor infringe on the general interests in any way. And if you’d like I’ll take them down (just as soon as I figure out how).
[Thumb - sorry1.jpg]

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 2009/04/13 15:33:51


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

Ratbarf wrote:Where did you get all of the Service anouncments? Did you alter the original WW 2 posters or are they drawn from scratch with tehm as a refference?


Hey here is another place with some of those ww2 posters but these are facist ones (and no I do not condone any sort of facism unless the benevolance of the great W40k Emporer of mankind... and that we just call tough love )

http://www.ilduce.net/manifesti.htm

'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in us
Banelord Titan Princeps of Khorne






Apology accepted. Also, I was merely playing devil's advocate to Willydstyle.

Veriamp wrote:I have emerged from my lurking to say one thing. When Mat taught the Necrons to feel, he taught me to love.

Whitedragon Paints! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/613745.page 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2009/04/25 01:42:58


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in us
Wolf Guard Bodyguard in Terminator Armor





Utah

nice work

DR:90+S++G++M+B++I+Pw40kPwmhd+ID+++A++/wWD359R+++++T(M)DM+
Deff Gearz 2,000+pts. (50% painted), Retribution 57pt.(70% painted), FOW British Armoured Squadron 1660pts. (15% painted)

 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

And are some more WIP (works in progress)... (must appologize in advance but I seem to start a lot of theings then get caught up in the all the wonders lie has to offer and that the terrain stuff on hold...). The first is a base sort of barrier thing I was going to use in conjunction with the barraks I am making.... sort of like a military outpost setup. Next should be a bunker I am working on (like the generic space marine bunker that GW promotes). and finally is the start of a factory I am working on... And a picture of the idea from where it came.

The picture of the finished factory is not mine it is just what inspired me to start my own
[Thumb - Picture 8.jpg]

[Thumb - Picture 7.jpg]

[Thumb - Picture 9.jpg]

[Thumb - Picture 10.jpg]

[Thumb - Picture 11.jpg]

[Thumb - STF_001.jpg]

[Thumb - STF_017.jpg]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2009/04/25 01:43:32


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

Finally, "yes" to answer the question who ever asked it.... the tiles are easy... and it is done the same way you do brick work... use an exacto knife or box cutter... draw on the polyfoam (pink stuff) the pattern of brick work or tiles you want, then trace over/inside the cuts with a pencil/or pen (not a sharp one because it is to thin.. unless you are doing finer details). This will deepen the grooves already made by the pencil, just push harder for deeper grooves etc... The styrofoam is very moldable and these indents will stay. And yes the mettle was made from card board that I just stripped one side off, as they say in those readily available tutorials floating around the internets And for the concrete texture... I use a mix of just sand and paint and white glue or if I need it thinker I use the liquid nail, white glue, paint, and a bit of clear caulking.

But all that and more can be learned from the terrain guru the Kamloopian on youtube... be patient he may be nutz... but he's got solid gold ideas.

Oh and most of the stuff I am doing is on totally the cheap...
[Thumb - Picture 19.jpg]

[Thumb - Picture 20.jpg]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2009/04/13 17:15:57


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in us
Crafty Bray Shaman





NCRP - Humboldt County

Good on you dude. I accept your apology and also apologize for jumping down your back.

Your terrain is really great! Do you find it hard to split time between creating terrain and working on your models? (I do).

Jean-luke Pee-card, of thee YOU ES ES Enter-prize

Make it so!

 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

glad all is well.

Actually, I have yet to start buying/painting my models... I just recently started up again. I would like to begin collecting guard (cadian with a twist). the terrain I've just been doing to get a feel for the brush etc... but I'm sure that I'll have the same problem . I have little time as it is to do the terrain (for it is only a side hobby thing). But I think many underestimate the importance of good terrain (if I may be so bold). For what is the game without the board ? They can also both be mutually related ie: building/painting armies (with specific camo/schemes) and the terrain to fight them on. But that is enough posting etc... for today I gotta go enjoy the scene and the sun ( and thanks to the anonimity of the internet, this remains my little secret ).

When I saw this pik I thought 'usual suspects' (not my pik)
[Thumb - 2006-05-02_G3_08798_1000x487.jpg]


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in us
Trigger-Happy Baal Predator Pilot






Thanks for the tip.

2000 points
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/downloadAttach/19113.page
500 points
1500 points "You don’t want to play Blood Angels to be different you play them because you finally realized that they go crazy and drink blood yet haven’t been killed off by the Inquisition. Proving that they are just bada**”  
   
Made in us
Long-Range Ultramarine Land Speeder Pilot





North Carolina, US

Why i do say... The Necron warrior is standing taller than the rather not truescale space marine in that 'little' police lineup

DR:90-S+GMB++I+Pw40k08#+D+A++/wWD344R+T(M)DM+
Avatar graciously given by Broadside
If you want peace, prepare for war
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/349071.page -Ultramarines, Imperials, Inq, etc.
A nearby cat showed no outward signs of being impressed.
kaesar, sigh.- Captain Solon
In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future there is only Paperwork.- Zefig 
   
Made in us
Junior Officer with Laspistol






The eye of terror.

That Marine is standing a little more than half a head taller than the Cadian next to him... looks about right. So what's wrong with a tall Necron Warrior?

Why did the berzerker cross the road?
Gwar! wrote:Willydstyle has it correct
Gwar! wrote:Yup you're absolutely right

New to the game and can't win? Read this.

 
   
Made in us
Hurr! Ogryn Bone 'Ead!





Guam

I want to game on that terrain. I don't care if I have to play alongside the commies, er Valhallans.

"...I hit him so hard he saw the curvature of the Earth."
 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

Napalm wrote:I want to game on that terrain. I don't care if I have to play alongside the commies, er Valhallans.


Checkout the rest of these tables.... (the russian one is close to the bottom).

http://www.gf9.com/terrain/gallery/gf9tables?page=1

'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

ANOTHER PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Brought to you by "The Imperium of Man"

(not my pik... but man, if someone could give this guy a lasgun)
[Thumb - war - Copy.jpg]


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in gb
Defending Guardian Defender





UK

That factory looks fantastic!

 
   
Made in us
Giggling Nurgling




Mich-ee-gan

Everything is awesome.... The combination of pieces, the ruggedness, and all of the extra miles you go to make this look more realistic. Awesome! Still- the trenches bother me, they feel a little too linear. Mayhaps some weathering and decay kind of thing? Like it's been around for a while, or like it was actually dug by lazy guardsmen?

We have nothing to fear but Tyranids.
(or other stupid Xenos...)
Nos vadum usus haud vereor!
...death is only the beginning...
what are Eldar doing here?!?  
   
Made in us
Stabbin' Skarboy






Great work!

I just started this game about 5 or so weeks ago. My brother and I ordered our starter armies and I made some terrain will waiting for it to come in. I made it all too big. I got to start again.

If my new stuff is half as good as yours I will be happy.

Oi!! Which Butt'n makes dis ting go!?!
 
   
Made in gb
Wing Commander





Kent, UK

The picture of the finished factory is not mine it is just what inspired me to start my own



Is that the factory from the Flames of War site? I remember there being something like that in a Stalingrad blog or something.
Still awesome though
And I'm loving your terrain! Home business here you go!

"In the Grim Darkness of the far future; there is only countless Requisition Forms, filled in Triplicate."

 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

Disjointed Entity wrote:
The picture of the finished factory is not mine it is just what inspired me to start my own



Is that the factory from the Flames of War site? I remember there being something like that in a Stalingrad blog or something.
Still awesome though
And I'm loving your terrain! Home business here you go!


Thanks but it remains just a small hobby (time permitting) The finished factory (not the one I have started) is from this site...
http://www.gf9.com/terrain/gallery/gf9tables?page=1 they have some kool ideas, however many of their boards have to much of a 'cleaness' to them and not enough war-torn grittness.

'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in us
Pragmatic Collabirator






The East Coast of the USA

Good terrain. It makes me smile. I've always loved the Russian-y look.

Sola Deus Gloria!
1500 2000 WIP

DS:90-s-G+M-B++I+Pw40k04#-D+++A++/eWD355R+T(M)DM+ 
   
Made in us
Nimble Pistolier




Idaho

You have some pretty sweet terrain here. I think I might have to steal some of your ideas.

1000pts
?
1500pts
 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

Hey Guys/Gals just a quick update... been busy as of late and have thus not had much time to work on the terrain. But the good news is I just got accepted to the 'Socio-Legal Studies' (Masters program) at my University and I am ecstatic

The updates posted are a little progress on my bunker (in terms of texturing - I still need to paint and dry brush it)... a finished and better pik of my (stand alone) fortification wall... better piks of the finished building with details such as paper laying about... and finaly, progress on the factory.
[Thumb - IMG_3382.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3356.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3385.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3386.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3360.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3357.JPG]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 2009/04/25 01:51:09


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

So I really hope the posting of these projects is not tiring you all out... I wanted to post a step-by-step update to show how I go about doing these... but if I'm over posting in terms of piks just let me know and I'll cut down on the number of uploads.

(REFER TO EARLIER POST TO SEE WHAT I AM TRYING TO BUILD......)

Here is what I've done so far towards completing my factory project....

Yet to do = brick work that frames the whole thing... make the ceiling sheets (with extra destructo damage ) add in one or two platforms inside... and glue it all together....
[Thumb - IMG_3367.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3368.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3369.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3373.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3370.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3372.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3377.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3376.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3381.JPG]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 2009/04/25 01:57:16


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

Here is the finished stand alone fortification/barracade... I was thinking of cutting it in half and making it into a checkpoint or sorts to be placed within the city I am building (in my mind )
[Thumb - IMG_3362.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3363.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3365.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3366.JPG]


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
Made in ca
Guard Heavy Weapon Crewman





Canada and Proud !

Finally, here is the repost of the finished building... with the addition of clear pictures of detailing (ie: paper, rubble, fire damage, bullet holes)...
[Thumb - IMG_3342.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3347.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3343.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3349.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3354.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3351.JPG]

[Thumb - IMG_3350.JPG]


'Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter.

Gilbran Quail, Collected Essays
 
   
 
Forum Index » Painting & Modeling
Go to: